• Capped at 200

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Squad Sizes

Re: Squad Sizes Feeling a bit despondent about all of this and whether SM is actually worth playing anymore. The fun has been ripped out of the game for me and fellow coaches don't understand my stra

Re: Squad Caps

Looks like the powers that be have brought in a way of cutting squad sizes via the back door.

I noticed that loan players now have 50% of their wages paid by the parent club. :eek:

It will be interesting to see whether this has the reverse effect of putting people off playing?

What do others think?

Not really no, not so long ago unmanged clubs dient make loan bids for your players, it's actually a in between.. and still allows for bigger squads than 2 years ago before the unmanaged loan feature.

It depends in income, if your a barcelona ur squad size wont be effected, but if you're everton or a smaller club you will be more likly effected.

Re: Riferimento: Re: Squad Caps

I refute this statement. I have a Leeds and I'm paying my loaned-out wages for 60% (35 players).

??

What i have said is the reality, the further you increase wages the more impact it will have on smaller clubs over bigger clubs. (What percentage of your sqaud you have out on loan is irrelivent)

Just to add my view to this, I see no need for any team to have anywhere near 200 players? Why would teams want 200+ players?

If only to collect all the young talent in the game?

There should most definitely be a squad size limit, I manage at both ends of the spectrum, some teams with the best playera in the world and some near original teams with youth added. Why allow a handfull of teams to dominate the youth produced in the game? Give the smaller teams a chance for a change!!!

Limiting squad size and applying the argument to JUST the top players in the game is invalid at there are more than enough top players out there

Squad caps are not necessary, as true to football in real life, there are no squad limits.

Take Arsenal FC

http://www.arsenal.com/academy/players

Not all players that play for Arsenal have squad or shirt numbers, yet clearly we have a couple of players with squad numbers/shirt numbers 67 & 68

I doubt very much if Arsenal have only 68 players on their books, reserves, under 21's, the list seems endless. I would not be surprised to learn if they had a total of well in excess of 100 players on their books.

There are 1000's of youngsters coming through the game every year, to argue someone has all the best youth players sounds like sour grapes. There are so many nearly empty gameworlds, you can alway migrate to another in search of your favourite youth players.

Its bad enough that SM has introduced Chairman making decisions on wages and the 50/50 loan split, when the simple solution would have been to increase wage costs through all the player ratings and allow goalkeepers to get injured.

For example, if I am paying £10,000 in wages for a 77 rated player I am not going to farm quite so many as opposed to the 7K I pay now.

Its a shame as players contracts at the start of a season used to be part of the FUN!

Squad caps are not necessary' date=' as true to football in real life, there are no squad limits.

Take Arsenal FC

[url']http://www.arsenal.com/academy/players[/url]

Not all players that play for Arsenal have squad or shirt numbers, yet clearly we have a couple of players with squad numbers/shirt numbers 67 & 68

I doubt very much if Arsenal have only 68 players on their books, reserves, under 21's, the list seems endless. I would not be surprised to learn if they had a total of well in excess of 100 players on their books.

There are 1000's of youngsters coming through the game every year, to argue someone has all the best youth players sounds like sour grapes. There are so many nearly empty gameworlds, you can alway migrate to another in search of your favourite youth players.

Its bad enough that SM has introduced Chairman making decisions on wages and the 50/50 loan split, when the simple solution would have been to increase wage costs through all the player ratings and allow goalkeepers to get injured.

For example, if I am paying £10,000 in wages for a 77 rated player I am not going to farm quite so many as opposed to the 7K I pay now.

Its a shame as players contracts at the start of a season used to be part of the FUN!

These players aren't in the database because they haven't made any appearances for the first team. Saying that is a ridiculous argument because there's teams with youth academies with players that are 8 years old and it doesn't make sense to add them in the database

These players aren't in the database because they haven't made any appearances for the first team. Saying that is a ridiculous argument because there's teams with youth academies with players that are 8 years old and it doesn't make sense to add them in the database

It's a ridiculos argument to suggest that i can't have 255 players on my team when over 95% of the database is at unmanaged/external n& when the ammount of clubs per setup who have 255 per squad is also less than 1% :eek:

You are only concerned with what people have for years down the line (literally YEARS)

SM down the years have introduced financial aspects to the game to try curb clubs having all the best players, they have done noting to stop allowing people invest wether it be youths or buying risers as neither directly impacts clubs first team squads

The argument for allowing people less youth prospects is not realistic as real life clubs have 1000's or at least 100's in this regard.

Go into 99.99999999999% of setups on SM and a fair porpotion of clubs have talents, more would have if THEY WANTED (played the game well/good manager to sign the best possible ones before someone else)

Even in competitve setups EC-1 WORLD-1 EURO-1 ETC ETC people have no problim attaining if they want the top prospects added to the database.

Again sadly the same arguments being used for a squad cap, despite the outstanding percentages which i've shown & that asides, reduce the ammount of youths i can sign.. i'll spend that money on a stronger more debt wise first team... B) then you'll be happy wont you.

why would you want a bigger squad than 30 players? isnt it more of a challenge when have to consider your line up formations when the fatigue and injurys, suspensions come intto consideration id like the chairman to give you a wage budget depending on previous season success etc

It's a ridiculos argument to suggest that i can't have 255 players on my team when over 95% of the database is at unmanaged/external n& when the ammount of clubs per setup who have 255 per squad is also less than 1% :eek:

You are only concerned with what people have for years down the line (literally YEARS)

SM down the years have introduced financial aspects to the game to try curb clubs having all the best players' date=' they have done noting to stop allowing people invest wether it be youths or buying risers as neither directly impacts clubs first team squads

The argument for allowing people less youth prospects is not realistic as real life clubs have 1000's or at least 100's in this regard.

Go into 99.99999999999% of setups on SM and a fair porpotion of clubs have talents, more would have if THEY WANTED (played the game well/good manager to sign the best possible ones before someone else)

Even in competitve setups EC-1 WORLD-1 EURO-1 ETC ETC people have no problim attaining if they want the top prospects added to the database.

Again sadly the same arguments being used for a squad cap, despite the outstanding percentages which i've shown & that asides, reduce the amount of youths i can sign.. i'll spend that money on a stronger more debt wise first team... B) then you'll be happy wont you.[/quote']

Of the 95% of unmanaged players, how many would be considered good. My guess is little to none. Why? because, everytime there is some good player unmanaged, he gets picked by a managed team straight away making the world even less competitive.

100s?? You can't count players that aren't in the database. If you can find a team that has 100s of players in the database, I will give my arguement up. As simple as that.

PS. the percentages you used don't mean anything as they aren't back up by anything

Of the 95% of unmanaged players' date=' how many would be considered good. My guess is little to none. Why? because, everytime there is some good player unmanaged, he gets picked by a managed team straight away making the world even less competitive.

100s?? You can't count players that aren't in the database. If you can find a team that has 100s of players in the database, I will give my arguement up. As simple as that.

PS. the percentages you used don't mean anything as they aren't back up by anything[/quote']

Again somebody who makes the argument that large sqauds ONLY of the purpose of thinking that large sqauds results in STAR Hogging, we been over this a million times, The star hogging is something which SM have already addressed, Sqaud sizes of lots of youths is the issue with large squds, not large sqauds of star players like i said a million times why so bitter of large squad of youths? BECAUSE ALL YOU THINK OF IS THE STAR PLAYERS

100'S = REAL LIFE clubs academies (Players in reserve/under 21 & youth sections) just like in SM

No reason for squad cap, the percentages make alot of sense, EVEN in competitve gameworlds it's not hard to attain the top prospects added to the database, let alone any regular non competitve gameworld, having on average 2 or 3 clubs having more than 150 players (120+ youths) DOES NOT EFFECT/STOP people from signing new prospects added to the database.

NO REASON FOR SQUAD CAP, other than making the game much much harder for those who wish to make long term & COSTLY (Both in terms of financis & in terms of using money which could be saved up to have stronger first 11's and more debt aswell as picking up more players from unmanaged when they become available)

If i dient have such large youth sqauds over the last 2 months i could have signed 90/89 rated players in gold championships that are becoming unmanaged which would also mean these players would be the best players on alot of my smaller clubs.

your issue is STAR players not numbers of non first team players, reduce my youth expenditure and i will be in a posisition to have stronger and more debt as my first team.. the whole idioligy you protest against allowing 255 players per sqaud (200/210 youths)

I totally support the idea of capping squad sizes at 50. Can you mention any club in the world having more than 50 players? You're probably wrong if you mentioned any of the top clubs. They do have academies which are totally distinct from the main team. The U-21, U-19, etc. squads they have engage in *competitive* football, effectively not making them stale. If only SM would introduce academy or reserves league into the game, then it would be logical to have so many players at a club.

Those players you speak of are signed by clubs and then loaned out to other senior sides in the respective gameworlds (Most gameworlds), your philosophy is have those players (more players) remain as free agents in gameworlds and remain stale.. what you oppose :/

Again you asking for a 50 cap shows how uninsightful you are..

Give me one reason why with such a large database & new managers to gameworlds not having a problim signing new prospects added aswell as SM takiing measures to curb people have too many top players that somebody can't make long term investments (signing on average less than 1 free agent per week over the course of 7 years)

peoples only issue here is people having too many youths, most of those people don't sign youths as there main priority & even those who make it their priority rarely reach the limit SM have imposed.. & with the new financis this will be even further restricted.

This discussion really is nonsensical, asking for a 50 cap without actually validating why a cap of such NEEDS to be imposed. it simply doesn't.

& having so many youths, doesn't mean having the best youths, you really shouldn't be concerned with numbers more the quality of the scout, and if the quality of the scout was more than sufficient ultimately a couple years down the road many of his under 23 players rated 90 will start becoming unhappy or the club in question won;t be able to afford so many of them & be forced either way to sell, giving the then buying manager a proven player without ever having to scout & invest time and fianancis, Simply picking up easily a good player ready made.

In standard championship i have players like rodriquez pastore isco lamela wilshire etc all unhappy.. because i have the likes of modric toure busquets etc

other managers in this gameworld (who might have just joined & put little if any work into their clubs) will sign either my better rated players or these top prospects from me without ever having to try too hard.

We are currently looking at an initial cap of 50 first team players' date=' and an initial cap of 50 youth team players.

This will give people with very large, and unrealistic squads, time to reduce them over the coming weeks.

We will then liaise with forum members, to come to a player cap limit for both squads, prior to setting anything in stone.[/quote']

50 and 50 would be too high and unrealistic

25 (1st Team) and between 25-50 (youth) would be more realistic

I'm sure Shelbourne's gonna put a bullet in your head for saying this :P

He put one in his own head with statements like this if you ask me, most my first teams now are well under 35 first team players (big clubs i may have some 88's/89's out on loan etc), under 30 for clubs under 25/30k capacity, under 15k it will be more like 25 players+ some better youths (86's acting as squad members) & after this i must continue to sell youth prospects to fianance what i've got

My smaller clubs for sure will be restricted to a much much lower cap than 255 anyway, well well well under 125 anyway if there is sufficient numbers of 90+ players in the first team

as it has been for the last several months i've had to sell more & more players for cash, not just unwanted youths but squad players on my smaller teams while my medium size clubs and big clubs can afford still to splash cash

So having people on here crying about squad caps without actually giving any detailed (financial/statistical or logical reasons) why a cap should be enforced for the betterment of the game, & as i've pointed out previously numbers of youths affects nobody with the exception of good scouting and somebody have too many future developed prospects on their squad which on some of my teams means them getting unhappy by the age they are 20/21 & i'm forced to sell them, thus giving a manager who has not spent years scouting/using resources etc etc the ability to sign 90&91 readymade prospects

No1 should be at all concerned with clubs not having a youth section squad cap, a cap on first team players is already effectivally in play by circumstance & on smaller'ish sides also a cap on youth's due to fianancial restraints.

I don't need to point out statistics again, go back over the last few months of this discussion to see my analysis to see how few clubs per gameworld even have over 150 players per team (over 100 youths) and why it's just a complete non issue

Re: Squad Caps

Please enlighten us to what you think the reason is for some game worlds being almost empty. :)

you think it's because 2 maybe 3 clubs have 80/100 youth players in their team?

I gave my opinion in detail on this forum many months ago (this was before things got alot worse) i gave the reasons why it was happening and gave suggestions how to avoid & potentially fix the issue, Noting was done on SM's part and then it got alot worse, now any big teams like celtic schalke etc etc in gc's (let alone standards) become unmanaged and have top players & prospetcs sold for cash.

Squad caps have noting whatsoever to do with empty gameworlds

This topic is getting petty, i've shown over many months :rolleyes: why SM have not implemented such a feature.. i've explained thoroughly what effect a reduced squad cap & the current squad cap would have/has on the game

Even in GC's there's not a lack of good youth prosprects to sign, let alone standard worlds, reducing the ammount of youth players one may have serves no purpose as there's more than enough to go around & any new manager to a gameworld can sign the next big prospect added to the database should he desire (if this was not the case there would be a case for a reduced cap, but it isient the case so...)

I've answered everthing and given my view to opposing viewpoints in detail, if after this your viewpoint is that squadcap (on youths) is a necessity then we simply see on SM differently.

i agree with you in a sense Shelbs,

i was always wanting a change to the financial aspect which would 'naturally' make managers trim squads down.

IMO at times it seems many who want a cap are managers who arent as up to date with the whole scouting aspect, missing out on many of the very best talents as they first encounter said talents via a mention on the forum rather than scope out players in their free time. I feel they have this 'grudge' as they dont own the best of the best because more astute and savvy managers have bought said players earlier on research basis.

there is no argument that finances get in the way, as the manager with the smaller/low rated squad can always offer a higher max bid for players too.

the step that has been taken is the best option, many will fall by the wayside as managing the financial aspect will probably be a bore to them and cause many to effectively downside squads, long term players will have to 're-learn' the game too, over time setting and managing a financial budget on which you can run your team to your satisfaction.

Its a fact of life that those that spend more time on this game, whether a student, part time worker, retiree or someone unemployed is going to be able to do more research.

I can spend 4 hours a day researching, I am always going to have an edge when it comes to scouting young players, over someone spending 5 minutes.

I have to live with the new rules begrudgingly whereby the Chairman makes all the financial decisions for the club. You can see from these threads where some managers. having just signed a player on a 5 year contract, despite being on a transfer ban, could get a rating increase 24 hours later, then get a new contract and wage rise 24 hours later. A bit of a farce.

You start going down the route whereby you restrict free movement of players by introducing squad caps, its becomes even more removed from the real world. Just like goalkeepers never get injured & have amazing powers of recovery when it comes to fitness levels.

Rich clubs can continue to hoard young players, the little clubs struggle, so lets not make it any harder for the Nuneaton Towns & Braintrees of this world than it already is.