Sign in to follow this  
Tobias Rieper

B. Dortmund - Rebuilding

Just taken over Borussia Dortmund and rebuilding the squad.

Which of these players are worth keeping for the future and which ones are best to sell?

Lukasz PISZCZEK (87) - RB/RM

Felipe SANTANA (87) - CB

Jakub BLASZCZYKOWSKI (88) - RM/Wing

Kevin GROSSKREUTZ (88) - Wing/Fwd

Robert LEWANDOWSKI (87) Fwd

Lucas BARRIOS (90) CF

Re: B. Dortmund - Rebuilding

Just taken over Borussia Dortmund and rebuilding the squad.

Which of these players are worth keeping for the future and which ones are best to sell?

Lukasz PISZCZEK (87) - RB/RM

Felipe SANTANA (87) - CB

Jakub BLASZCZYKOWSKI (88) - RM/Wing

Kevin GROSSKREUTZ (88) - Wing/Fwd

Robert LEWANDOWSKI (87) Fwd

Lucas BARRIOS (90) CF

Don't know that much about Dortmund (don't see much of the Bundesliga). But as far as I know the guys in bold are must keeps.

Thanks for help.

From reading the forums and researching those players, I came to the same decision as the first two guys i.e. keep GROSSKREUTZ (talent) and also BARRIOS.

Those other players I was going to sell.

But then I saw the reply from the German GT who appears to have extensive knowledge on German talents. (his signature)

@ German GT - would you tell me reasons why to keep them all? Those others are good? I couldn't find much on many football sites I used.

Cheers

Lukasz PISZCZEK (87) - RB/RM - actually only brought in as a squad player' date=' he took his chance when Owomoyela got injured and made the RB his, the development he made is great. Probably best RB this season in the Bundesliga, even ahead of Lahm.[/b']

Felipe SANTANA (87) - CB extremely talented CB who would easily have a higher rating if he was at another club where he doesn't have 2 of the most talented, yet already fully developed CBs ahead of him. You could see how good he actually is when he had a 100% tackling record against Schalke's strikeforce (Huntelaar & Raul).

Jakub BLASZCZYKOWSKI (88) - RM/Wing If I had to sell one, it would probably be him. Sometimes shows that he has great talent, but he often fails to deliver. Also not too good at finishing, and his crosses barely found his man recently as well. Still, a good dribbler and I haven't given up yet that it might make 'click' somewhen in the near future and he regularly does well.

Kevin GROSSKREUTZ (88) - Wing/Fwd Certainly not the most gifted footballer, but he makes up for that with immense will and 100% effort in every single game. And his 'limited' skills on the ball certainly don't mean that he doesn't have great touches such as this one

IawGN_Jh_uk

If he was English, people would rave on about him as being a harder-working, yet more talented player than Rooney :P

Robert LEWANDOWSKI (87) Fwd Very good as a joker/late sub as well as as a starter. Good target man, but can also occupy the position behind the lone striker. Links up very well with his team-mates and does have en eye for the goal

Lucas BARRIOS (90) CF Again, another player to keep, also I suspect he might not go much higher than 91/92.

My opinions in bold and blue

Phil

Very detailed explanation, thanks (repped - my very first one)

I read your whole post thoroughly btw on each player.

Now, if I told you the players I have just bought (pending transfer completion) with my massive transfer kitty, would your opinions change a little. (as I need to trim my squad.

CB

OTAMENDI (88)

CAHILL (88)

Victor RUIZ (87)

RB

SCHWAAB (88)

CM

DEFOUR (89)

HENDERSON (87)

DM

M'VILA (89)

CAPOUE (89)

WING

HOLTBY (87)

MUNIAN (86)

REUS (87)

Bruno CESAR (87)

AM

KAGAWA (88)

CF

NEGREDO (90)

NECID (88)

FWD

GERVINHO (89)

VAN WOLFSWINKEL (87)

PS - I already had SCHMELZER (LB-88), SAHIN (CM-90), HUMMELS (CB-90) & BENDER (CM-88) in my team.

So, considering the squad I now have (soon), do you think there is room for those original players Phil?

Regards