Player Assistance section

Couldn't really find where to put this up so I posted it here, if it belongs somewhere else please move :)

I'd like to ask the SM board to change back the Player Assistance section. It used to be 1 big section with 3 major threads running where people could ask stuff about players/deals/squads + the opportunity for people to put up a single thread.

Now it's changed to a system where we have 5!! different sections where people can put up different threads which means it's 5 times as much work to check all this.

First of all it is very annoying and not really clear where to ask what, you really get confused just thinking about where you have to post your question.

Second, you get people just spamming their threads all over the place because they don't know in which section to put it, so in order to get a reply they just put it everywhere.

Thirdly, it's annoying for everyone (including myself) who are trying to help other people, we now have to scan 5 different pages which takes an awful lot of time and is really annoying as you tend to mix up different things from different threads which causes confusion. So please change it back!

Thanks! :)

Re: Player Assistance section

Couldn't really find where to put this up so I posted it here' date=' if it belongs somewhere else please move :)

I'd like to ask the SM board to change back the Player Assistance section. It used to be 1 big section with 3 major threads running where people could ask stuff about players/deals/squads + the opportunity for people to put up a single thread.

Now it's changed to a system where we have 5!! different sections where people can put up different threads which means it's 5 times as much work to check all this.

First of all it is very annoying and not really clear where to ask what, you really get confused just thinking about where you have to post your question.

Second, you get people just spamming their threads all over the place because they don't know in which section to put it, so in order to get a reply they just put it everywhere.

Thirdly, it's annoying for everyone (including myself) who are trying to help other people, we now have to scan 5 different pages which takes an awful lot of time and is really annoying as you tend to mix up different things from different threads which causes confusion. So please change it back!

Thanks! :)[/quote']

The Player Assistance and Player Discussion boards have been edited because of the confusion that was already there. Before the change, like you point out, all threads were lumped into one area with no structure whatsoever and more often than not, the thread was being posted in the wrong area.

The new changes should make things much clearer. It is very easy to see where you should be posting whatever question you might have. If you need help with a deal, you post in the "Help with Deals?" sub-forum. If you need advice on who to buy, keep or sell, then you post in the "Buy, Sell or Keep!" sub-forum, and so on. It should be very simple to see which area you need to post your question, so long as people take the five seconds it takes to check.

I think that the new system has too many sub-forums.

From

"player discussion"

you get to

"share your opinion"

to

"player ratings"

"talent scout"

"found a talent"

and "player ratings" has

"individual players"

"team predictions"

"league predictions"

and "team predictions" and "league predictions"

have 13 more sub-forums!!!!

Thats over 20 boards in total. Cut it down to 5-6 somehow and re-organize the tree structure. Nobody can do 20 clicks every time you want to take a quick look at the forums.

I'd imagine a reasonable amount of work went into making these changes and moving the threads. However, it does seem somewhat cumbersome now and drilling down through the subforums is a bit of a pain in the bum.

Nice idea, but didn't need the final level of drilldowns (i.e. Leagues > Specific leagues - just 'Leagues' would have done).