Thinking of starting a new business, with only €150. Ideas please?

AVFC

Well basically I'm only 16 so its only really a very small business, looking to make a bit of extra cash from it. Over the past few weeks me and a mate have had a small business just having a tuck shop in his locker and selling sweets and cans for a fairly good profit, and with 200 people in our year there'll always be some hungry people!

Well now we have about 150 from that and were looking to make a bigger ''project''.

This new business could be anything from online, door-to-door, or just within my school.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :D

Re: Thinking of starting a new business, with only €150. Ideas please?

Well basically I'm only 16 so its only really a very small business' date=' looking to make a bit of extra cash from it. Over the past few weeks me and a mate have had a small business just having a tuck shop in his locker and selling sweets and cans for a fairly good profit, and with 200 people in our year there'll always be some hungry people!

Well now we have about 150 from that and were looking to make a bigger ''project''.

This new business could be anything from online, door-to-door, or just within my school.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :D[/quote']

Do you secretly distribute these so called "sweets" somewhere where they are prohibited?

Are you the only supplier?

What type of resources do you have? Can you recruit people?

How much do the "sweets" cost?

Do you secretly distribute these so called "sweets" somewhere where they are prohibited?

They aren't prohibited? They are sweets, not drugs :confused:

Lol Nikidinho , Sounds like your looking for a job :P

They aren't prohibited? They are sweets' date=' not drugs :confused:[/quote']

lol.. I kid, I kid :P

Lol Nikidinho ' date=' Sounds like your looking for a job :P[/quote']

Haha, nah those were actually questions for me to get to know his business better :P

Really though, do you mind answering those questions?

I have a friend who designs some really good websites if you're thinking of going online.

lol.. I kid' date=' I kid :P

Haha, nah those were actually questions for me to get to know his business better :P

Really though, do you mind answering those questions?

I have a friend who designs some really good websites if you're thinking of going online.[/quote']

I would answer those questions but like I said we've left the whole sweet business and I'm looking for new ideas.

I would answer those questions but like I said we've left the whole sweet business and I'm looking for new ideas.

Oh, I didn't know you left it.

What I'd do is actually invest it in shares.

Start off small. Keep €100 in the bank and invest the rest. It's small now, but the sooner you get experience in this, the better. Stick around the market, see what everyone is buying and you buy the same. Then sell when they sell.

Drugs could be a good solution. €150 are enough to get you started. You could make as much as 1000% of profit in just a couple of weeks, depending on the area you live in. You just need to find a trustworthy supplier. But heads-up: it might not be legal in your country. Discretion is the key!

Drugs could be a good solution. €150 are enough to get you started. You could make as much as 1000% of profit in just a couple of weeks' date=' depending on the area you live in. You just need to find a trustworthy supplier. But heads-up: it might not be legal in your country. Discretion is the key![/quote']

No thanks :P

Drugs could be a good solution. €150 are enough to get you started. You could make as much as 1000% of profit in just a couple of weeks' date=' depending on the area you live in. You just need to find a trustworthy supplier. But heads-up: it might not be legal in your country. Discretion is the key![/quote']

Indeed. It's sort of a form of place utility. Shift it from where it's in low demand and high supply to a place where it's high in demand, but no one dares supply it.

Indeed. It's sort of a form of place utility. Shift it from where it's in low demand and high supply to a place where it's high in demand' date=' but no one dares supply it.[/b']

In that case he would need some associates, which would play the role of bodyguards. Two, at the very least. Things can get rough, either with aggressive buyers or with the local 5-0s. But if demand is high enough, sharing the profits will pay off.

Oh' date=' I didn't know you left it.

Start off small. Keep €100 in the bank and invest the rest. It's small now, but the sooner you get experience in this, the better. Stick around the market, see what everyone is buying and you buy the same. Then sell when they sell.[/quote']

If everyone else is jumping of the edge of the bridge, jump off as well :P . Playing the shares and stock market is risky at the best of times, but doing in the current financial climate is foolhardy especially if you have no experience of the market.

Well basically I'm only 16 so its only really a very small business' date=' looking to make a bit of extra cash from it. Over the past few weeks me and a mate have had a small business just having a tuck shop in his locker and selling sweets and cans for a fairly good profit, and with 200 people in our year there'll always be some hungry people!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :D[/quote']

Seems to me you're already onto a good thing here. £150 in a few weeks seems like a good business and there aren't that many other risk free business opportunities on a small scale out there that would have such a rate of return. So long as you aren't annoying your teachers or breaking some rules, I'd stick with the same business (you could always expand your product range and use 2 lockers if there is enough demand). Perhaps when you have more in the bank, it would be the time to look at broadening your horizons in the business world.

* Breaking News *

BadaBoOm is arrested for Supplying an Illegal Substance lol..

In that case he would need some associates' date=' which would play the role of bodyguards. Two, at the very least. Things can get rough, either with aggressive buyers or with the local 5-0s. But if demand is high enough, sharing the profits will pay off.[/quote']

Oh, and he should always send a decoy in his place to act like the brains of the organisation while he pretends to be the fall guy in case they get in trouble.

His partner would be best suited for this job. He just needs to be sure his competition doesn't buy the partner out.

If everyone else is jumping of the edge of the bridge' date=' jump off as well :P . Playing the shares and stock market is risky at the best of times, but doing in the current financial climate is foolhardy especially if you have no experience of the market.

Seems to me you're already onto a good thing here. £150 in a few weeks seems like a good business and there aren't that many other risk free business opportunities on a small scale out there that would have such a rate of return. So long as you aren't annoying your teachers or breaking some rules, I'd stick with the same business (you could always expand your product range and use 2 lockers if there is enough demand). Perhaps when you have more in the bank, it would be the time to look at broadening your horizons in the business world.[/quote']

Thanks :) I probably will stick it out for another while and see where it gets me.

Oh' date=' I didn't know you left it.

Start off small. Keep €100 in the bank and invest the rest. It's small now, but the sooner you get experience in this, the better. Stick around the market, see what everyone is buying and you buy the same. Then sell when they sell.[/quote']

When you invest any money in shares you have to pay the broker £15 for each transaction. I invested £1000 in 3 different companies last year so I had to pay 3x£15 as there was 3 different transactions, it will be the same when I decide to sell the shares, 3 different transactions so 3x£15 in fees.

Investing £150 in shares would be a complete waste of time IMO.

If it's a 2 man operation with £150 in capital I think the best thing would be to start your own car valeting business. Practice washing, hoovering and polishing your parents cars. You can get all the stock, relatively cheaply in many different shops, get some leaflets printed off, post them door to door, put them on supermarket bulletin boards and on lamp-posts, try and drum up business through family and friends of the family. Have a look at the local competition, phone them up and get an idea of the prices they charge and undercut them. Here's a link for a pressure washer for £60, that leaves £90 for stock but try and keep about £30 by for any over-sight.

Best of luck with it mate.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_372861_langId_-1_categoryId_165689

When you invest any money in shares you have to pay the broker £15 for each transaction. I invested £1000 in 3 different companies last year so I had to pay 3x£15 as there was 3 different transactions' date=' it will be the same when I decide to sell the shares, 3 different transactions so 3x£15 in fees.

If it's a 2 man operation with £150 in capital I think the best thing would be to start your own car valeting business. Practice washing, hoovering and polishing your parents cars. You can get all the stock, relatively cheaply in many different shops, get some leaflets printed off, post them door to door, put them on supermarket bulletin boards and on lamp-posts, try and drum up business through family and friends of the family. Have a look at the local competition, phone them up and get an idea of the prices they charge and undercut them. Here's a link for a pressure washer for £60, that leaves £90 for stock but try and keep about £30 by for any over-sight.

[url']http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_372861_langId_-1_categoryId_165689[/url]

Must be different in India.. that's what all the college boys do these days.

No chance of us having an actual business over here =/

Must be different in India.. that's what all the college boys do these days.

No chance of us having an actual business over here =/

thought you were in the UK man. If your playing the markets just now, take some of the money and put it into silver and gold, in the last 12 months silver is up about 95-100% and gold 35-40%. Some people are saying that silver will go up 3-5 fold in the next couple of years.

google 'crash jp morgan buy silver' and have a read. interesting stuff.

When you invest any money in shares you have to pay the broker £15 for each transaction. I invested £1000 in 3 different companies last year so I had to pay 3x£15 as there was 3 different transactions' date=' it will be the same when I decide to sell the shares, 3 different transactions so 3x£15 in fees.

[url']http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_372861_langId_-1_categoryId_165689[/url]

I like this idea! And my dad has a pressure washer already which I'm sure he wouldn't mind me using....

How much should we charge for inside of car, outside of car, and both?

I don't want to rip people off but I don't want €2 either p

I like this idea! And my dad has a pressure washer already which I'm sure he wouldn't mind me using....

How much should we charge for inside of car' date=' outside of car, and both?

I don't want to rip people off but I don't want €2 either p[/quote']

Find your nearest professional car wash and undercut them a little bit. The main problem with this idea is longevity. You clean all the cars in your area in a fortnight and then you get no business for a month. If you've got transport and fancy doing it door-to-door (carry your stuff around) then it's a cracking idea.

Find your nearest professional car wash and undercut them a little bit. The main problem with this idea is longevity. You clean all the cars in your area in a fortnight and then you get no business for a month. If you've got transport and fancy doing it door-to-door (carry your stuff around) then it's a cracking idea.

Theres a car wash literally 2 mins away from my house, I'll check that out later :)

How much should we charge for inside of car' date=' outside of car, and both?

I don't want to rip people off but I don't want €2 either p[/quote']

Have a look on-line for local valeting companies, look at their price lists. If they don't have a website give them a phone posing as a customer and ask what they're prices are. Tell them you have 2 or 3 cars, so you get an idea of the differences in price between a small hatchback (ford focus, renault clio, vauxhall astra) a medium-large size saloon (ford mondeo, mercedes, bmw) or a large 4x4 (range rover, bmw x5, mitsubishi shogun).

There are different levels of service you could offer:

level 1 - [standard wash with wheels cleaned] - £4

level 2 - [level 1 + hoover and shampoo carpets and mats, clean inside windows] - £9

level 3 - [level 2 + shampoo seats, leather interior treat the leather] - £14-£19

level 4 - [level 3 + full polish, gel the bumpers and tyre walls, polish the dashboard and the interior plastic trim] £24-£29

It might be best when you start to only offer level 1 and level 2 then when you have a bit more money include level 3 and level 4, but it all depends on the price of cleaning products.

Now that just gives you an outline of what to do, once you price your stock you'll know the best price to charge so it's worth your while. When your buying the stock search online for the best stuff in your price range, there are plenty of car forums you can browse that'll give you a true idea if the product is any good.

When you decide on your supplier always ask for a discount, explain you're a start up business and if you can do a deal then you'll use him on a regular basis and as the business grows then the orders will be bigger. It's easier to get a discount from small business' because they have more discretion over price.

Have a look on you tube for instructions on how best to wash and wax a car, it'll give you lots of helpful tips.

Archived