Soccer manager stopping transfers

Tommy Boy

:confused:

Please could anyone explain to me why Soccer Manager stopped my transfer.

I understand that it is for our own protection, to stop people cheating.but surly if someone wants to pay a price for a player they really want,why should,nt they.

A brief example that has just happened to me

tried to sell Kevin Campbell value 28k had 4 people interested, lovely push the price up, bidding war.

Final offer accepted 500k lovly jubly bit of extra cash.

Only to find has been overuled, am i allowed too swear on this forum.

Thats my moan over hello to everyone have just started playing SM. :D

Re: Soccer manager stopping transfers

500k division by 28k = 17.9

That's almost 18 times the value of the player, and you expect it to go through?! Sorry, but that will never go through.. Try maybe 50k, that should go through, but 500?! hahaha :P

Btw, welcome to the forum ;)

500k division by 28k = 17.9

That's almost 18 times the value of the player' date=' and you expect it to go through?! Sorry, but that will never go through.. Try maybe 50k, that should go through, but 500?! hahaha :P

Btw, welcome to the forum ;)[/quote']

if u live in the same house but use different computers on the same wireless network dus it still block the deals? it did to me 'nd my bro :mad:

This keeps happening to me, although I wonder if its they just randomly choose transfers to block. But 1 example: I bought martins (value 6.3m) for 14m - got blocked by SMFA. Tried the exact same bid the next day, then it when through no problem.

Also, its only me that uses this site at home, so still can't understand their strange logic behind this, and the funny thing is SM say they do not reply to emails regarding this. Brilliant!

:confused:

Please could anyone explain to me why Soccer Manager stopped my transfer.

I understand that it is for our own protection' date=' to stop people cheating.but surly if someone wants to pay a price for a player they really want,why should,nt they.

A brief example that has just happened to me

tried to sell Kevin Campbell value 28k had 4 people interested, lovely push the price up, bidding war.

Final offer accepted 500k lovly jubly bit of extra cash.

Only to find has been overuled, am i allowed too swear on this forum.

Thats my moan over hello to everyone have just started playing SM. :D[/quote']welcome to the forum! sorry, but you are not allowed to swear, so thanks for not doing so!! :D

As Bobo rightly said the deal was an excessive amount for this age and value.

It is a common misperception that the SMFA and Chairman just work to prevent cheating. They also act to prevent people harming themselves and 'their' club.

In the case of Campbell, paying 500k for a player who is never going to show a return anywhere near that value is not good for the club buying him, even if they are willing to pay the price.

Best way to get max value when selling an old player is to try and get say twice their value and a low rated youngster whose rating will increase.

I don't agree that the deal is so ridiculous. Campbell will have no sell-on value, but he could score you some goals.

I've bought Christian Worns and Henrik Pederson...they are both old and will be getting worth less and less every week, but they're playing well for my teams so I regard them as good short-term investments. I paid over £1M plus a player for both.

i have a few old players in a few teams, and to be honest i wish i didnt as they are great quick fixes but they hemorrhage money and are impossible to sell.

so, not denying they have their place in a team, but they are only worth having when at realistic prices or they just lose a club too much money.

the campbell deal is not ridiculous just excessive in my mind, 18 times the value for such an old player is not realistic or financially sound.

you could buy 25 young £10k players for a fee of £250k, and probably see them increase in value to several million pounds each in a season or two if you pick your men.

I don't agree that the deal is so ridiculous. Campbell will have no sell-on value' date=' but he could score you some goals.

I've bought Christian Worns and Henrik Pederson...they are both old and will be getting worth less and less every week, but they're playing well for my teams so I regard them as good short-term investments. I paid over £1M plus a player for both.[/quote']

Lets have a rethink ,

Christian Worns ,34 yrs rated 90 and valued at 1.4 mill.

Henrik Pederson ,33 yrs rated 87 and valued at 1.7 mill.

You payed over 1 mill plus a player for both .

So take there ratings and value still regarded very high by S/M ,why you still payed round the value price.

The player your making comparsion with,

Kevin Campbell,37 yrs rated 80 and valued at 31k.

Sorry big difference in what S/M rate and value to your players,age dosnt come into it. :rolleyes:

i think the problem is, that as price drops so dramatically when players get to a certain age, they then become essentially impossible to sell. on case in point is Paolo Maldini, rated 91 and valued at 78k. No manager is going to sell a 91 rated player for the 150k or so that SM would allow. There must be some way to make it so that the older highly rated players can be sold for a greater amount?

i think the problem is' date=' that as price drops so dramatically when players get to a certain age, they then become essentially impossible to sell. on case in point is Paolo Maldini, rated 91 and valued at 78k. No manager is going to sell a 91 rated player for the 150k or so that SM would allow. There must be some way to make it so that the older highly rated players can be sold for a greater amount?[/quote']

i agree, but some older players are still quite expensive...look at clrence seedorf, 7 million, 90- somthing rating and 30- something years old.

I have 2 Liverpool teams, (1 in English champs and 1 in World champs). In the English champs I tried to sell pennant (value 6.1m) for about 10.5m, then it got blocked by SMFA. Another club then tried to buy him at the same price, only to fail again. I still have the player now. In my World champs side, a team offered 13.5m for pennant and there were no problems. Figure that out!!

I have 2 Liverpool teams' date=' (1 in English champs and 1 in World champs). In the English champs I tried to sell pennant (value 6.1m) for about 10.5m, then it got blocked by SMFA. Another club then tried to buy him at the same price, only to fail again. I still have the player now. In my World champs side, a team offered 13.5m for pennant and there were no problems. Figure that out!![/quote']

hmm...that is strange...cant see y that is...it myt av sumthin 2 do with the clubs who tryed 2 by him... pm steorge on here, he'll probably b able 2... if he asks tetherb always tells peeple 2 pm him!!!(thats were i got the idea)

who tryed 2 by him?

Its annoying i agree, but as has been said,

i had a bid for SWP for 11Million was rejected

next day sold him for 12M

Strange but must be random not every deal, but is SOO annoying

I was selling Lehman was offered G Barry in Exchange but wont go through, that DEF would in real life

There must be some way to make it so that the older highly rated players can be sold for a greater amount?
But they would not sell for high amounts in real life. Managers in SM go all dreamy over high rated players and are prepared to give the earth for them' date=' but that is not realistic. A player who is very good but very old, Maldini for instance, would never sell in real life, in fact they would probably move on a free transfer if anything. Even if, in real life, a manager agreed with Maldini's manager to sign him for £1m or so, the chairman would undoubtedly step in as not good business.
I have 2 Liverpool teams, (1 in English champs and 1 in World champs). In the English champs I tried to sell pennant (value 6.1m) for about 10.5m, then it got blocked by SMFA. Another club then tried to buy him at the same price, only to fail again. I still have the player now. In my World champs side, a team offered 13.5m for pennant and there were no problems. Figure that out!!
I dont understand the problem here. In an EC the bid of £10.5m failed twice, and in a WC a higher bid succeeded. That would seem to suggest that a higher bid is needed for it to go through in the EC. Having said that, not all deals will complete if they are of the same value from one setup to the next; no two setups are identical meaning the circumstances are never the same.
Its annoying i agree' date=' but as has been said,

i had a bid for SWP for 11Million was rejected

next day sold him for 12M

Strange but must be random not every deal, but is SOO annoying

I was selling Lehman was offered G Barry in Exchange but wont go through, that DEF would in real life[/quote']Again, don't see the concern here. SWP bid of 11 million failed. 12m worked. Where is the problem or randomness in that? Suggests 11m was too low.

Lehmann being swapped for Gareth Barry? With no cash involved? That would never go through in real life! Look at the value of the players and their relative potentials. Lehmann at his age is only likely to go one way (down) whereas Barry is of a good age.

I have 2 Liverpool teams' date=' (1 in English champs and 1 in World champs). In the English champs I tried to sell pennant (value 6.1m) for about 10.5m, then it got blocked by SMFA. Another club then tried to buy him at the same price, only to fail again. I still have the player now. In my World champs side, a team offered 13.5m for pennant and there were no problems. Figure that out!!

What you have to do is forget about his value,there is plenty of info on forum in the FAQ etc on how to go about getting your transfers through by using short list etc, and then adding 2 mill plus on top of that depending on player age and rating.

When i buy from an unmanaged or unmanagable side i use this sliding scale fom 90 rated downwards.

90-14mill plus

89-13mill plus

88-12 mill plus,

AND I KEEP DROPPING DOWN 1 MILL FOR EACH LOWER RATING,

What i do find is after 90 rating when i go for 92 or more then its usually about 2-4 mill extra ,for instance

91-15-18 mill

92- 16-19mill etc,

All of these bids i usually get a 99% acceptance and all going through ok.

Now i know its different from buying from a managed club than these type of clubs,but to me even though Chairman will accept a lot higher bids for players ,it seems there might be a bottom threshold on how much he will release them no matter if its managed or not.

Hence Pennant is 88 rated so from the above clubs 12mill plus will go through ,so to me it should with a managed club which you have proved,team payed 13.5 mill would have even got him for 1 mill less,

the two bids that got rejected 10.5 mill were 1.5-2 mill to short ,not enough in first bid. :)

Ah ok, thats a little clearer now. Thanks a lot for that.

Do you use a similar rule for taking the age factor into account? What would you expect hyypia of £2.1m value, aged 33, rating 89 to sell for?

If he was 25 years old, rating 89, then similar to pennant the expected selling value would be 12-14m. I suppose you could say that for each year older they get, 1m would come off the value?