Sign in to follow this  
Totti417

The Official Baseball Thread

Re: The Official Baseball Thread

I like the Pirates' date=' which is painful. I'm warming up to the Braves since they are the closest team to me, and I like the Giants as well.

The Yankees- Rays game was crazy![/quote']

Oooh, supporting them would be tough :P I'm a Cards fan, as the first game I ever watched was them, and they won so I followed them. That was midway through last season, when we didn't have much chance of reaching the post season :)

And two runs in the ninth win it for the Rays! (I like it when the Yankees lose :P)

And also The Cards crush the brewers, which is great:D

Yea' date=' it's always nice to see the Yankees drop games like that. Do you think the Cardinals are heading for the World Series again this year?[/quote']

If I'm brutally honest, no, I don't think so. I think we've lost too much power when we let Pujols go. I think we'll make postseason though, the Brewers are probably the main division rivals and to beat them on opening day is great :)

Yea, that's what I think. Pujols was a staple in the Cardinals offense. Without him, they don't look like a World Series team. But since no one else in the division should give them much trouble, I see them in the postseason.

Yea' date=' that's what I think. Pujols was a staple in the Cardinals offense. Without him, they don't look like a World Series team. But since no one else in the division should give them much trouble, I see them in the postseason.[/quote']

Yeah, but hopefully others will step up to fill the gap :)

Bad loss yesterday for the Cards, 6-0 to the Brewers :(

Nah' date=' you won't do anything big :P The Mets on the other hand, they're looking strong this year! :eek:[/quote']

Are the Mets really? I haven't been paying much attention to them. I wouldn't mind if they made things interesting.

Are the Mets really? I haven't been paying much attention to them. I wouldn't mind if they made things interesting.

They're 4-2' date=' and they won their first 4 I think. I'd love it if they did better than the Yankees, although I think they'll win their division, as the Red Sox haven't had a great start, although the Rays are doing well...

Did you see this inside the parker?

St Louis now 5-2, topping the NL Central.

Just watched it with your link' date=' thanks. Pirates are off to a rough start, but not in last in the division...[/quote']

No problem :) I'm just enjoying having someone else to talk to about it, there's not many forumers who participate here :P

St Louis are 4-0 against the Cubs at the moment, which is great, we opened up a can of whoopass in the bottom of the fourth. Although we did lose and we're 5-3 at the moment. :)

And the Pirates have slipped I think, they're 2-5... :/ :)

No problem :) I'm just enjoying having someone else to talk to about it' date=' there's not many forumers who participate here :P

St Louis are 4-0 against the Cubs at the moment, which is great, we opened up a can of whoopass in the bottom of the fourth. Although we did lose and we're 5-3 at the moment. :)

And the Pirates have slipped I think, they're 2-5... :/ :)[/quote']

Yea, me too! St. Louis still going strong, and if I heard correctly the Dodgers are 7-1? I didn't see that coming.

Yea' date=' me too! St. Louis still going strong, and if I heard correctly the Dodgers are 7-1? I didn't see that coming.[/quote']

Yeah, that's definitely unexpected! Kershaw and Kemp were great last year for them, I like Kemp as a player anyway, and it seems that at the moment they're doing well too!

Cubs have got a run back on STL :(

Did you see the Yankees come back from a 9-0 deficit against the Red Sox? Impressive' date=' but I still hate the Yankees.[/quote']

Yeah that was painful to see :o Two seven-run innings crushed the Sox :/

And the Cards lost in the ninth :(

Yeah that was painful to see :o Two seven-run innings crushed the Sox :/

And the Cards lost in the ninth :(

Yeah, but at least they still lead the division. The Pirates are three games back from the Cardinals:cool: However, our win percentage is below 500:(

Cardinals beat Pirates 12-3:(

Also' date=' best wishes and prayers to Mariano Rivera, it's a shame he tore his ACL. I hope it doesn't end his career.[/quote']

Yeah, but you beat us last night :/

That's a pretty bad injury, I hope he's going to be okay:)

And this is pretty funny :P

1HIu1RDP0nI

Yeah' date=' but you beat us last night :/

That's a pretty bad injury, I hope he's going to be okay:)

And this is pretty funny :P

[YOUTUBE']1HIu1RDP0nI[/YOUTUBE]

Haha, that's great. Thanks for posting the video, that's the first time I've seen that.