Raul meireles to 92??

Re: Raul meireles to 92??

Better than Lampard? Don't make me get out Lampard's goals' date=' assists, accolades and medals. They far outstrip Gerrard's. England play much more fluently with Lampard instead of Steven 'try and win the game by myself' Gerrard.

The fact Maxi dropped previously is completely irrelevent and has no bearing on this next change. Gerrard went 97>95>94, a massive drop followed by a smaller drop. Maxi has been awful and deserves a drop. See open goal miss against Chelsea for one example of this. There are a majority of players on the database who have a lower rating than Maxi but are much better. If Walcott cannot get a 90 playing champions league football and having brilliant goal/assist per minute stats than this guy should definately drop.

Johnson has been miss and miss. Lost his Liverpool right back place to a youngster, hasn't looked good defensively all season and the only thing he does well is go forward on occasion. In the first half against Denmark for England he was woeful and it is a common occuring theme not an unusual one. He should drop also.

Reina best goalkeeper in the premiership by a mile and a half. Surely that is a joke? :rolleyes:[/quote']

Johnson will probably drop, Maxi won't drop, you can't base his season on a miss that in the end meant nothing, Gerrard > Lampard by a mile I'm not being Biased, I can find United fans who will say the same, Gerrard wins games himself is the heart of the team and has carried Liverpool, Lampard put in the same position cannot do half of what Gerrard can, Gerrard will keep 94.

Pfft Can you name a better keeper than Reina?

More than a 100 Clean Sheets, more cleansheets than anyone in the EPL since signing Barring James and VDS, with much less games, single handedly kept Liverpool in games, there is no keeper better, Cech is awful, VDS is retiring, Hart is Inexperienced and no where near the calibre of Reina. And as for the accolades of Lampard, he's got them because of the fact he plays for Chelsea around many quality players, which can't be said for Gerrard, Gerrard single handley carried us to the Champions League, and an FA Cup by himself.

biased liverpool fans really do get under my skin

Ignorant Arsenal Fans Really Do My Nut In

Theres a difference between being biased and telling it how it is' date=' I am one of the least biased fans you will ever see, I blooming complimented United today.

oh dear LOOOOOOL

Sorry but we are 6th Place, on good form, lag 5 Points off 4th Place and just beat the team in 4th Place, we may not be 4th Place material but we will be fighting for the rest of the season for it.

For what's worth, Meireles should have been a 92 when he played in Porto. I don't care if Liverpool is sitting outside the Champions League places ATM, Meireles has been instrumental in every team he played with (Boavista/Porto/Liverpool/Portuguese NT). It's a travesty that he still holds a rating of 91.

Johnson will probably drop' date=' Maxi won't drop, you can't base his season on a miss that in the end meant nothing, Gerrard > Lampard by a mile I'm not being Biased, I can find United fans who will say the same, Gerrard wins games himself is the heart of the team and has carried Liverpool, Lampard put in the same position cannot do half of what Gerrard can, Gerrard will keep 94.

Pfft Can you name a better keeper than Reina?

More than a 100 Clean Sheets, more cleansheets than anyone in the EPL since signing Barring James and VDS, with much less games, single handedly kept Liverpool in games, there is no keeper better, Cech is awful, VDS is retiring, Hart is Inexperienced and no where near the calibre of Reina. And as for the accolades of Lampard, he's got them because of the fact he plays for Chelsea around many quality players, which can't be said for Gerrard, Gerrard single handley carried us to the Champions League, and an FA Cup by himself.

[/quote']

Did i say i was basing it on just that miss? I used it as one example of how bad he has been this season. I could use plenty of other games where Maxi has either been anonymous or useless in attack. He has made 41 appearances for Liverpool in all and has scored 4 goals. This isn't good enough for an 'attacking midfielder'. Why should he be rated higher than say Walcott, who plays champions league football, scores more goals, gets more assists, contributes more to the team? It's not even arguable.

I can find just as many who say Lampard is better. Lampard has a better goal scoring record, better assisting record, has came 2nd in World Player Of The Year whereas Gerrard has never been in the top 3, more medals under his belt, is much better at link up play, better set piece taker.

The only excuse, and yes it is an excuse for Gerrard being better than Lampard is 'He carries his team'. That is the only reason people can use to justify Gerrard being better in a similar way hardcore Ronaldo fans try to justify him being better than Messi when the fact of the matter is he just isn't. Lampard is better in every department, goals, assists, medals. These are what make a player.

A better keeper than Reina? Probably not. But he is not 'best by a mile and a half' as you show it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfZZq78dnPs

Reina done brilliant there :rolleyes:

Cech must have been so jealous.

To say cech is awful just proves how biased you are. Cech is a brilliant commanding goalkeeper. It's just Chelsea's makeshift defence this year has made him look worse than he is. But then Pepe Reina has hardly been spectacular this season either has he?

For what's worth' date=' Meireles should have been a 92 when he played in Porto. I don't care if Liverpool is sitting outside the Champions League places ATM, Meireles has been instrumental in every team he played with (Boavista/Porto/Liverpool/Portuguese NT). It's a travesty that he still holds a rating of 91.[/quote']

Exactly. I really hate the argument of 'His TEAM isn't doing well but HE is playing better than his rating so he doesn't deserve a rise.' A players rating is one of individual performance and if a player is playing well he deserves a rise no matter who he plays for or how bad his team is going.

Remember people since Liverpool were lasted changed' date=' they moved from Relegation Candidates to Top 4 Challengers again, 4 Wins 1 Draw in 5 Games, were in a much healthier place than before, there is no way we should drop as bad as you think.[/quote']

yes, much better than before but dont get crazy. absolutely no chance at top 4 finish.

liverpool should treat this season as adjustment season, u made a lot of progress already. tossed leecher owners out. tossed hodgson out. carroll was a waste but at least u got suarez.

just focus on europa league.

Exactly. I really hate the argument of 'His TEAM isn't doing well but HE is playing better than his rating so he doesn't deserve a rise.' A players rating is one of individual performance and if a player is playing well he deserves a rise no matter who he plays for or how bad his team is going.

yup. if a player is playing real well, he can raise the ratings cap of the team :).

like mertesacker was alone in bremen b4 diego came.

or david villa at valencia

yup. if a player is playing real well' date=' he can raise the ratings cap of the team :).

like mertesacker was alone in bremen b4 diego came.

or david villa at valencia[/quote']

Yes exactly. That SHOULD happen. But in many cases it doesnt. My example is Suarez. He deserved a 91 for about two seasons before he actually got it.

If Meireles carries this form to the next ratings (even if he doesnt keep scoring), he deserves a rise whether Liverpool are 1st on the ladder or 20th.

For what's worth' date=' Meireles should have been a 92 when he played in Porto. I don't care if Liverpool is sitting outside the Champions League places ATM, Meireles has been instrumental in every team he played with (Boavista/Porto/Liverpool/Portuguese NT). It's a travesty that he still holds a rating of 91.[/quote']

x2

He's a brilliant player !! :)

thats liverpool fans for you' date=' bunch of bloody idiots[/quote']

LOL, what a bunch of morons ^^

People like Coentrao and Muller were partly rated with their wc performances even tho both their teams were struggling domestically. Dont see why Meireles should be any different. But we'll just have to wait and see really.

hmm but SM do have a team rating cap. i understand what your saying but liverpool need to pick up form and do well for him to rise.

the player has to prove his worth at a high level.

anyway, i think liverpool currently playing as they are he can get 92 he just needs to be more consistent.

i understand and agree that players shouldn't be forbidden to rise based on the team ,but on SM this does have an impact don't you agree ?

you just need to balance the 2 and find the correct rating.

91 stay for now, 92 later.

I think people have forgot how awfal miereles was when he first joined Liverpool. Hes only had 6-7 games playing calm down hes just about justified hes 91. I dont care what he did at Porto, their is no way anybody in their right mind can claim thats hes WHOLE season this year is enough to gain a +1.