New Premiership Ratings By MaoaM 2010/11

MaoaM

Guest <klhepworth.

Re: New Premiership Ratings By MaoaM 2010/11

I have never heard anybody consider Lampard World Class ever. Gerrard in his prime but not anymore. Neither are.

Lampard came second in the Fifa World Player of the Year award in 2006, behind Ronaldinho and in front of Samuel Eto'o, if that doesn't make him World Class then what does? I could roll out statistics, but they speak for themselves:)

Rooney's role in football isn't a common one and just because he is very good at it that does not mean he is world class. No world class player performs that badly at the WC.

As forwards go i would rather have Eto'o' date=' Villa or Tevez.

I would take a form Drogba, Torres or Van Persie also just for arguments sake.

Most of the World Class players are in La Liga anyway. World class players in the prem i would say are:

Man Utd: [b']Vidic[/b] (Rooney is close as is Evra. Giggs Ferdinand and Scholes back in their prime)

Chelsea: Essien, Cole (Drogba back in his prime)

Man City: None. (Tevez, Silva and Kompany come close)

Arsenal: None. (Fabregas is awfully close and Van Persie isn't far off)

So that is 3 players in my opinion. Essien could even drop off that list soon as could Cole. Nobody has a vendetta against Rooney he just isn't quite World Class.

Just saying that Kompany, Cole and Vidic are defenders. He said players who are better than Rooney at what he does

Lampard came second in the Fifa World Player of the Year award in 2006' date=' behind Ronaldinho and in front of Samuel Eto'o, if that doesn't make him World Class then what does? I could roll out statistics, but they speak for themselves:)[/quote']

Perhaps then arguably. But he isn't now that was my point really. Lampard has never really been able to do things that a World Class player should. In terms of constancy he is World Class though until last season.

Guest <klhepworth.

Perhaps then arguably. But he isn't now that was my point really. Lampard has never really been able to do things that a World Class player should. In terms of constancy he is World Class though until last season.

The season before last season he got 22 goals from midfield in a title-winning side, last season he was injured for huge periods, but on his return was the most influential player for Chelsea on a consistent basis, his best years are behind him, but I still think he's in the top 10 players in the centre of the park in the world, for club he performs well at every level, for country he's not been able to play his normal game due to Gerrard and visa-versa, but his record is still strong, his goals to game from midfield is very respectable. His penalty record is excellent, and even when he has a bad run like he did in mid 2010 taking penalties, he'll still keep taking them and start scoring them again. When Ballack joined Chelsea, he was chucked out on to the left of midfield, but adapted and well out-performed Germany's captain. He's never hidden away from media and fan back-lash, like being made a scapegoat for the 2006 World Cup, where in fairness, he didn't perform, but wasn't the only one. He played a key role for Chelsea in their defeat of Liverpool in the 2008 Champions League final, days after his mother died. Put it this way, no matter who I was managing, I wouldn't want Lampard to be lining up for the opposition, mentally and physically a World-class Player in my opinion:)

Just saying that Kompany' date=' Cole and Vidic are defenders. He said players who are better than Rooney at what he does[/quote']

Nobody does what Rooney does. The only other really top player I can recall now who works the hole in a similar way is Messi and they're far from similar players.

I personally think Rooney is too inconsistent to be considered world class. There are a good handful of other players I would readily pick over him with a choice of everyone (and I don't think I'm too bias).

Hmm I guess its just personal opinion on who is world class and who isn't. Anyway I wasn't getting in on the "is Rooney world class" argument, I was just mentioning a point. If I could add something though it would be that the WC is a big stage but most players playing time is at their club so I think it is what they do there that would be looked at and make them world class or not. Also not every world class player performs excellent at the WC. Everybody will agree that Messi is world class but were his performances for Argentina at the WC adequate enough? Its what he does with his club that makes him world class and the best in the world.

The season before last season he got 22 goals from midfield in a title-winning side' date=' last season he was injured for huge periods, but on his return was the most influential player for Chelsea on a consistent basis, his best years are behind him, but I still think he's in the top 10 players in the centre of the park in the world, for club he performs well at every level, for country he's not been able to play his normal game due to Gerrard and visa-versa, but his record is still strong, his goals to game from midfield is very respectable. His penalty record is excellent, and even when he has a bad run like he did in mid 2010 taking penalties, he'll still keep taking them and start scoring them again. When Ballack joined Chelsea, he was chucked out on to the left of midfield, but adapted and well out-performed Germany's captain. He's never hidden away from media and fan back-lash, like being made a scapegoat for the 2006 World Cup, where in fairness, he didn't perform, but wasn't the only one. He played a key role for Chelsea in their defeat of Liverpool in the 2008 Champions League final, days after his mother died. Put it this way, no matter who I was managing, I wouldn't want Lampard to be lining up for the opposition, mentally and physically a World-class Player in my opinion:)[/quote']

Well said. Last season he had lots of assists aswell (something like 20) Shame he was injured this season.

Fantastic player

Hmm I guess its just personal opinion on who is world class and who isn't. Anyway I wasn't getting in on the "is Rooney world class" argument' date=' I was just mentioning a point. If I could add something though it would be that the WC is a big stage but most players playing time is at their club so I think it is what they do there that would be looked at and make them world class or not. Also not every world class player performs excellent at the WC. Everybody will agree that Messi is world class but were his performances for Argentina at the WC adequate enough? Its what he does with his club that makes him world class and the best in the world.[/quote']

Totally agree. Same goes for Ronaldo

He has done nothing for Portugal, but his record for Madrid and United make him world class.

Its like saying someone like Gyan who had an excellent world cup and calling him world class. Well hes not really...

Well said. Last season he had lots of assists aswell (something like 20) Shame he was injured this season.

Fantastic player

I agree it was a very good post. Thing is with Lampard he has always played with very good players unlike say, Gerrard, who used to regularly carry Liverpool. I think like over a 3rd of Lampard's all time goals are set pieces also.

Hmm I guess its just personal opinion on who is world class and who isn't. Anyway I wasn't getting in on the "is Rooney world class" argument' date=' I was just mentioning a point. If I could add something though it would be that the WC is a big stage but most players playing time is at their club so I think it is what they do there that would be looked at and make them world class or not. Also not every world class player performs excellent at the WC. Everybody will agree that Messi is world class but were his performances for Argentina at the WC adequate enough? Its what he does with his club that makes him world class and the best in the world.[/quote']

I deem world class as someone who I'd put in a top 22 or so; as if I were making a world cup squad with everyone to choose from. Rooney currently wouldn't make the cut for me. He would have been a lot closer had he carried on as a CF and had similar form but he's been understandably pushed back at United as Hernandez has done very very well.

Fantastic player

Also pretty unique though. Again' date=' I can't recall many other top players whose job it is to score so many from midfield. People say he's not that creative but he's certainly a goalscorer with an excellent record for Chelsea and England. He's a great player for Chelsea and could certainly have been deemed world class in the past.

I agree it was a very good post. Thing is with Lampard he has always played with very good players unlike say, Gerrard, who used to regularly carry Liverpool. I think like over a 3rd of Lampard's all time goals are set pieces also.

I'd assume Gerrard has a similar proportion of set piece goals? Gerrard is more creative but Lampard perhaps more consistent... Has much more of the fighting spirit which you allude to though :)

Rooney's role in football isn't a common one and just because he is very good at it that does not mean he is world class. No world class player performs that badly at the WC.

Most of the World Class players are in La Liga anyway. World class players in the prem i would say are:

Man Utd: [b']Vidic[/b] (Rooney is close as is Evra. Giggs Ferdinand and Scholes back in their prime)

So that is 3 players in my opinion. Essien could even drop off that list soon as could Cole. Nobody has a vendetta against Rooney he just isn't quite World Class.

I answered why when i said about his position. It's like saying who is better than Busquets at what he does?

so while him being world class is debateable, i accept that too i think the fact he is entirely unique helps. the fact he can offer something to a team no other person can. that in itself makes you a very valuable player.

if you want a forward who does that in your team then he is world class surely ?

if you want a finisher he is not world class at all.

but if you want somebody who will make the team tick / suits the team he plays in by playing like he does that is world class. as he is one of the best in the world at what he does.

that said i do agree he needs to show consistency next season and keep up the 10ish or more goals a season mark. even tho he is not a goal scorer a few goals are still needed.

edit: the world cup means nothing about being world class or not. ill go find a list of players that dont play well at international level.

messi, ronaldo, ETO'O ( the best example of the lot.) he is world class yet his own countrymen slate him.

rooney, essien, drogba, tevez, kaka, fabregas.

i know kaka etc arent atm but look at their history. while he was in his prime and still playing well he was never really remembered for his brazil performances.

fabregas dosnt even play on form or not for arsenal.

tevez is key to his club, just another good player of many for argentina and not really world class / a key player.

some players like Rvp/ sneidjer and villa do impress yes and they deserve extra credit for it, but most don't.

You put Essien in that list...

I'm sorry but i don't agree with that. With the season he had, he's nowhere near the player he was under Mourinho, that energy, acceleration, drive, he's almost lost it, injuries haven't helped him ofcourse, but if you're not gonna class rooney as world class, then i don't think you should class Essien as world class.

My take on a player being world class is that they could fit in to any side in the world. Does rooney fit in to that category? Lets have a look.

Barcelona. Well who would you really take out the team to put him in? Pedro maybe, but Rooney likes to play centrally, and thats where you'll get the best out of him.

Madrid. Ozil on the left, Rooney centre, Ronaldo on the left, CF upfront, take out Di Maria for Rooney anyday.

IMO rooney is world class, he's a complete player, vision, acceleration, desire, finishing, heading, he's got the lot in my view, showed his quality in the champ lge final, but all the man u fans probably wont even remember it because they got such a beating :P

Rooney would walk in to chelski, chity, liverpool, milan, arsenal, maybe not inter because Sneijder is such a fantastic player, but certainly if he plays upfront, bayern, for me he is world class.

You put Essien in that list...

I'm sorry but i don't agree with that. With the season he had, he's nowhere near the player he was under Mourinho, that energy, acceleration, drive, he's almost lost it, injuries haven't helped him ofcourse, but if you're not gonna class rooney as world class, then i don't think you should class Essien as world class.

i said the history of the players. eg not necessarily at the current time.

"i know kaka etc arent atm but look at their history. while he was in his prime and still playing well he was never really remembered for his brazil performances.

fabregas dosnt even play on form or not for arsenal"

so that point is invalid.

Barcelona. Well who would you really take out the team to put him in? Pedro maybe, but Rooney likes to play centrally, and thats where you'll get the best out of him.

Madrid. Ozil on the left, Rooney centre, Ronaldo on the left, CF upfront, take out Di Maria for Rooney anyday.

IMO rooney is world class, he's a complete player, vision, acceleration, desire, finishing, heading, he's got the lot in my view, showed his quality in the champ lge final, but all the man u fans probably wont even remember it because they got such a beating :P

Rooney would walk in to chelski, chity, liverpool, milan, arsenal, maybe not inter because Sneijder is such a fantastic player, but certainly if he plays upfront, bayern, for me he is world class.

nobody would get into barca's team.

lahm, hummels, ferdinand, vidic, terry, lucio and anybody in midfield still wouldnt get in. thats just because barca is the perfect team other than GK and LB positions.

anyway main point with my post is look at when the players WERE world class and in their prime. essien, kaka not now but even when they were in form still couldnt replicate it internationally.

and i agree with that: if most teams in the world would slot him into their starting 11 that makes them world class.

that said, he needs to do it again this season. his woeful first half means he has the ability but needs to do it consistently.

i said the history of the players. eg not necessarily at the current time.

"i know kaka etc arent atm but look at their history. while he was in his prime and still playing well he was never really remembered for his brazil performances.

fabregas dosnt even play on form or not for arsenal"

so that point is invalid.

nobody would get into barca's team.

lahm' date=' hummels, ferdinand, vidic, terry, lucio and anybody in midfield still wouldnt get in. thats just because barca is the perfect team other than GK and LB positions.

anyway main point with my post is look at when the players WERE world class and in their prime. essien, kaka not now but even when they were in form still couldnt replicate it internationally.

and i agree with that: if most teams in the world would slot him into their starting 11 that makes them world class.

that said, he needs to do it again this season. his woeful first half means he has the ability but needs to do it consistently.[/quote']

I never even quoted you...

But i agree with the barca point, just because a player can't get in to it, doesn't mean they are not world class.

I never even quoted you...

But i agree with the barca point' date=' just because a player can't get in to it, doesn't mean they are not world class.[/quote']

lol apologies ! i thought you did. was in a rush and somehow assumed that post was mine.

very sorry about that, must be the heat :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Respuesta: New Premiership Ratings By MaoaM 2010/11

he could be a little riser this season. id keep him' date=' probably wont be a star player but im keeping him as he should increase in value this / next season :)[/quote']
What I said about Albrighton is the same for Clark. Clark has international football though. He can rise a bit more at Villa' date=' but dont see him going above 90 personally[/quote']
Do you think Ciaran Clark is worth keeping or should I sell him?

next time use the search tool, otherwise its a waste of effort on people who try to answer the questions people ask :)

Sorry if i am going over old ground.

Anybody think that Matt Jarvis will rise next time round?

I have had a search through the thread but can't seem to find anything.

Cheers guys

maybe but i doubt it. wolves would have to do well and he would have to play better than last season.

he would have to be wolves' best player and hope that wolves do well.

but in reality he is just a reasonably good player in a team that is happy just to survive in the top flight.

88 is probably a bit too high for him, he can get it but things must go all his way which is unlikely.

there are probably better buys out there.

maybe but i doubt it. wolves would have to do well and he would have to play better than last season.

he would have to be wolves' best player and hope that wolves do well.

but in reality he is just a reasonably good player in a team that is happy just to survive in the top flight.

88 is probably a bit too high for him' date=' he can get it but things must go all his way which is unlikely.

there are probably better buys out there.[/quote']

Thank you very much for the reply mate.

Re: Riferimento: New Premiership Ratings By MaoaM 2010/11

HADDLESTONE has not played much this season ... you have news about him and his value?

Tom Huddlestone? Injured for much of last season hence the lack of games. Spurs have a very competitive centre of midfield, especially if they sign Parker. Hudd's a very good player though who should have more England caps to his name. I wouldn't sell him on the cheap if you have him but I'd check for other options if you're going to buy.

Hi everybdoy' date='can sombody tell me of a good left back rating 88 upwards that will rise in the future as i can't find 1. All best players are taken. Not only in the english league if you now some thanks[/quote']

Reto Ziegler joined Juventus and should be a starter next season. They have big ambitions. He is rated 88.