New Premiership Ratings By MaoaM 2010/11

MaoaM

Re: New Premiership Ratings By MaoaM 2010/11

Hi everybdoy' date='can sombody tell me of a good left back rating 88 upwards that will rise in the future as i can't find 1. All best players are taken. Not only in the english league if you now some thanks[/quote']

Taiwo?

Should have raised ages ago at Marseille, now that hes joined Milan. If he can get a regular spot at LB then he will surely rise.

Hi everybdoy' date='can sombody tell me of a good left back rating 88 upwards that will rise in the future as i can't find 1. All best players are taken. Not only in the english league if you now some thanks[/quote']

Ziegler and Taiwo already mentioned are very good choices indeed. I would add Erik Pieters, 88 rated, and starter for PSV and Netherlands National Team, will certainly rise in next review. Also Nacho Monreal, 89 rated, if Malaga have a nice season, and they´re working for it (buying good players), have some chances to rise. He´s also part of Spain NT. I would mention too Alvaro Pereira, 90 rated, starter for Porto and Uruguay NT, a very very good player, that can get 91 in a near future if he keeps playing like he did this season and if Porto keeps doing so great. And i really hope and believe they will :D

Sorry if i am going over old ground.

Anybody think that Matt Jarvis will rise next time round?

I have had a search through the thread but can't seem to find anything.

Cheers guys

Rumour is that he might move to Villareal. So you never know, a rise might be on the cards somewhere down the line.

Ziegler and Taiwo already mentioned are very good choices indeed. I would add Erik Pieters' date=' 88 rated, and starter for PSV and Netherlands National Team, will certainly rise in next review. Also Nacho Monreal, 89 rated, if Malaga have a nice season, and they´re working for it (buying good players), have some chances to rise. He´s also part of Spain NT. I would mention too Alvaro Pereira, 90 rated, starter for Porto and Uruguay NT, a very very good player, that can get 91 in a near future if he keeps playing like he did this season and if Porto keeps doing so great. And i really hope and believe they will :D[/quote']

Thanks for the help very helpfull

Sorry if i am going over old ground.

Anybody think that Matt Jarvis will rise next time round?

I have had a search through the thread but can't seem to find anything.

Cheers guys

no. jarvis is good but not good for 89+ he would have to move clubs

hi guys' date=' i am looking at signing kieron gibbs of arsenal. is he worth buying? would he be clichy's replacement?[/quote']

Wait and see if they buy any new LB, if not, he's probably the one who'll play there at the start of the season. If he plays badly he might be out of the team though.

hi guys' date=' i am looking at signing kieron gibbs of arsenal. is he worth buying? would he be clichy's replacement?[/quote']

Hes the likely replacement. But Arsenal also have Traore (Dont rate him) and possible put Vermaelen at LB. And theres still a chance of them buying a new LB before the end of the window.

I still think he has a great future anyways, and would always buy him if available

Hey guys :), sorry only just checked back on this thread and remembered I had posted something and I apologise again for going a little off topic here but I believe those who asked of it deserve my reasons for me not thinking Rooney being world class and what not.

Initially I will happily admit I do have a personal hatred for him, being a Leeds fan and generally not appreciating his attitude at times.

However I must say there was a post in which someone said Rooney is a complete player (don't quote me word for word on that). Now I sternly believe if Rooney was the complete player then maybe, maybe he would be classed as a world class player.

The key points that I think prove he is not a complete player in my opinion are:

1. Numerous times Rooney tracks back too deep, wandering aimlessly from his actual position to help out his defending team mates after a mistake he has made or something. Now this does show the right teamwork ethos etc. but often it gets him into trouble (World Cups?) and this means he isn't in the right place where he should be which effectively is countering him helping out as actually when his team mates win the ball there is no one in the position where Rooney should be link the play up.

2. I personally believe that consistence is a key part of a complete player and Rooney is simply not consistent enough to be considered word class. Back to the Messi comparison (and this one actually kinda makes sense). Messi is by far not the most consistent of players and therefore not a complete player, yet he is more cosistent than Rooney and pulls together good strings of performances. Not to mention his undoubted skill. If Rooney was fully consistent then he would still not match the levels of Messi which is why Messi is world class regardless, whereas Rooney would have to simply become more consistent in his role to become world class as he lacks certain attributes Messi has!

It all sounds so complicated but basically it comes down to other players are more gifted and thats just life and to improve his chances of being classed as world class Rooney simply has to become more consistent and iron out his blips!

1. Numerous times Rooney tracks back too deep, wandering aimlessly from his actual position to help out his defending team mates after a mistake he has made or something. Now this does show the right teamwork ethos etc. but often it gets him into trouble (World Cups?) and this means he isn't in the right place where he should be which effectively is countering him helping out as actually when his team mates win the ball there is no one in the position where Rooney should be link the play up.

he shouldnt be that far up the pitch, he is actually in the right place. united need a forward to drop deep and one to " goal hang" in a crude sense.

dropping back allows him to spread play and create it, he is definately not in the wrong place. he can influence games like this and it is not a criticism really......

if you need a goal poacher then it is not rooney, but united have a player like that so rooney is actually required to drop deep due to the lack of a CAM midfield play maker, so he is actualy in the right place.

2. I personally believe that consistence is a key part of a complete player and Rooney is simply not consistent enough to be considered word class. Back to the Messi comparison (and this one actually kinda makes sense). Messi is by far not the most consistent of players and therefore not a complete player, yet he is more cosistent than Rooney and pulls together good strings of performances. Not to mention his undoubted skill. If Rooney was fully consistent then he would still not match the levels of Messi which is why Messi is world class regardless, whereas Rooney would have to simply become more consistent in his role to become world class as he lacks certain attributes Messi has!

rooney does have to be more consistent to be accepted as world class i agree.

can't compare him to messi, one because they are different players but the bigger reason is messi is just ridiculously good /better. nobody can be compared to messi other than ronaldo so its harsh to compare others to these players.

Regarding the first one when I say tracking back too deep I mean in defensive areas. On numerous occasions he gets frustrated and tracks that far back.

And I know what your saying about Messi I was just using him as an example for why Rooney isn't world class :)!

Regarding the first one when I say tracking back too deep I mean in defensive areas. On numerous occasions he gets frustrated and tracks that far back.

And I know what your saying about Messi I was just using him as an example for why Rooney isn't world class :)!

hmm but is that a bad thing?

if he gets frustrated because the ball is not coming his way he dosn't just sit there and do nothing. he drops deep to provide an outlet and get the team playing.

I suppose but seriously... I could understand maybe dropping into midfield but not defense. Plus often he does it after he has lost the ball so really its his own fault :)!

But at least hes working hard and giving 100% to try and win and get the ball. Not many footballers try as hard as Wayne does.

I think hes at his best when he drops deep to collect the ball, it then gives more space for Chicarito/Berbatov.

Messi drops back into midfield quite alot too, but thats just the way Barca play.

I know I said that in my post mate.

It shows a player with a desire to do well for his team which I love however there is a downside to Rooney's specific desires as often he can become undisciplined, leading to warnings, bookings and what not.

Once again I will say I understand that he drops deep into midfield to collect the ball and Messi likewise as you said, however Rooney actually on a number of occasions has dropped as far back as defense after losing the ball or just out of sheer frustration, something you never see Messi do.

Ok you may say Messi has better players around him than Rooney does at Man U to connect the play up, however in my opinion a player should always stick to in and around his position no matter what because otherwise the shape of the team is lost.

My main point is, is that Rooney is not world class because he needs to develop consistency and become more disciplined. Of course he has plenty of years to develop these skills and who knows, he may become world class, but I can say with all my heart I may be a little biased because I hate the bugger :L!

Re: Respuesta: New Premiership Ratings By MaoaM 2010/11

Cant wait to see Suarez at Liv'pool. I've got a feeling he will have a great season. Red fans are probably excited about it too!

Always has a good game whenever I watch him, even if he does score. Hes very creative too.

Im sure that Copa America form wont do his rating any harm. :)

Re: Respuesta: New Premiership Ratings By MaoaM 2010/11

Cant wait to see Suarez at Liv'pool. I've got a feeling he will have a great season. Red fans are probably excited about it too!

Just hoping he would not get burnout, 2 consecutive long summer for him now. Personally, I'm very looking forward to see him play next season.