Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima Retires

NapoliFan101

Possibly one of the greatest all time footballers this game has ever seen is due to retire Monday. After being knocked out of the Copa Libertadores, irate fans blamed him, which also helped in his decision to retire.

"He reportedly told local media he has "cried like a baby" since Corinthians fell to Deportes Tolima in the two-legged first stage of South America's premier club tournament. "I wanted to continue but I can't," he is quoted as saying. "I think about making a play but I can't execute it. The time is up.""

The Brazilian striker scored a total of 352 goals in 515 appearances for his clubs Cruzeiro, PSV, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Real Madrid, AC Milan and Corinthians. He also totaled 62 goals in 97 Country Appearances. Winning 14 club cups, 2 World Cups, 2 Copa America Cups and 1 Confederation cup, along with 55 individual awards, he is possibly the best player to ever exist in football.

All time leading scorer in World Cups and one of only two men, other one being Klinnsman to have scored at least 3 goals in each World Cup Appearance.

Ronaldo2009Corinthians.jpg

The Man, The Legend, The Only Ronaldo

Re: Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima Retires

A true great, someone who could cut it on both the domestic and international stage. Almost single handedly won the World Cup in 2002. A shame how the last few years of his career have gone, but he will always be remembered as the fantastic footballer he was.

352 goals in 515 games. 47 goals in 49 games for Barcelona.

Incredible. The ladyboy Ronaldo is nothing more than a cheap imitation.

Ronaldo (Liuz Nazario de lima) Retires

Ronaldo has confirmed that he will announce his retirement on Monday, calling time on a rich and unforgettable career in football.

The legendary striker, currently with Corinthians, has cited injury and fitness concerns as the reason for his bowing out months before his final contract was due to expire.

"My body aches. In my head I want to continue, but this body can't take much more," Ronaldo told Fantastico online magazine. "In recent days I have cried like a baby."

The forward has spent the last two years at Corinthians after a glorious spell in Europe with PSV Eindhoven, Barcelona, Inter, Real Madrid and AC Milan.

His one season at the Nou Camp is frequently cited as one of the greatest individual campaigns in footballing history, while his spells at San Siro and the Bernabeu were no less eventful.

Ronaldo is also widely regarded as one of Brazil's greatest ever players. He is the World Cup's all-time leading goalscorer, with 15 goals in four tournament appearances - two of which the South Americans would win.

Nonetheless, with Corinthians being eliminated from the Copa Libertadores early, and his physical condition preventing a consistent run in the Timao line-up, Ronaldo has now called it a day.

True legend:cool: 1 in 2 record for every club he has played i think except, for Milan.

A pure Genius and despite been one of the greatest strikers ever to grace the game he still never reached his full potential,I remember him tearing Man United apart and scored hattrick,this was when he was overweight had suffered two broken legs and yet still he was a class above everyone that night.

His movement and finishing was second to none and you could try and contain him as much as you want and he would score from out of nowhere,who knows how great he could have been if we didn't have two broken legs and stayed fully fit throughout his career.

One of the best footballers ever in the present history. When skinner, he had the speed, the finishing and he could whatever he wanted to. Truly one of the bests and I do not think our generation have get that - when we talk about football in about 20-25 years - we'll now how missed a quality player like Ronaldo really were and how great he actually was. I wouldn't be suprised if people were starting to rate him on the same scale as Maradona or Pele then, which, in my opinion, is right. It's a shame Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos ended their career in their native Brazil like this (both got to scared to stay and in Ronaldo's case, injury pledged in).

Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima, just wanted to say that for the last time.

Re: Ronaldo (Liuz Nazario de lima) Retires

About time.. hes been clinging on to the thread of his career for far too long now.

Hes actually done pretty well in Brazil' date=' even now he had no reason to retire other than his body couldnt take it anymore. He was still 'banging them in'. You can actually call this a 'premature' retirement.

Fantasitc player in his time mind, one of arguably the best player in the world.

Cant disagree mate, was truly great, was just born to score.

Shame he got so fat :rolleyes:

Now i didnt know this before' date=' but there is a reason for this other than eating habits:o.

Not suprised really with a poor upbringing, pretty common in those parts, rivaldo also suffers from a similar problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Few days ago, I visited a site. There I read about his retirement. To be honest, I became emotional. What I believe is he is the best striker in the football history. No one can do such clinical finishing. He can break any defense. Football world would definitely miss this 3 times FIFA Best player award winner. And Brazil will never get a striker like him. Ronaldo, we will miss you so much.

• 1 year later...