Account times out too soon

The biggest irritation on SM, in my opinion, is the fact that unless you are actively using the site it seems to 'time out' after about 10 minutes. This is irritating for me because I like to have SM open in a tab whilst working on other things. It is very annoying having to keep logging back in several times during a session.

Another, more significant, side effect is that you also time out from the Forum - which can be very irritating when you make a long post that is then lost when you attempt to post it after your session has ended.

Whilst I can understand the reason for timing out accounts, i.e security on public computers, I fail to understand why the period is so brief. Every other website that I have to log on to (including betting sites) has a grace period of at least 2 hours before it times out.

Does anybody else have a problem with this?

Re: Account times out too soon

The biggest irritation on SM' date=' in my opinion, is the fact that unless you are actively using the site it seems to 'time out' after about 10 minutes. This is irritating for me because I like to have SM open in a tab whilst working on other things. It is very annoying having to keep logging back in several times during a session.

[b']Another, more significant, side effect is that you also time out from the Forum - which can be very irritating when you make a long post that is then lost when you attempt to post it after your session has ended.[/b]

Whilst I can understand the reason for timing out accounts, i.e security on public computers, I fail to understand why the period is so brief. Every other website that I have to log on to (including betting sites) has a grace period of at least 2 hours before it times out.

Does anybody else have a problem with this?

If you click the remember me box when you login, your forum account will never time out (at least mine never does and I'm sometimes away for over an hour with the forum on in the background) :)

If you click the remember me box when you login' date=' your forum account will never time out (at least mine never does and I'm sometimes away for over an hour with the forum on in the background) :)[/quote']

I have that box ticked and it's useful for quick login but it doesn't stop my account timing out.

If you click the remember me box when you login' date=' your forum account will never time out (at least mine never does and I'm sometimes away for over an hour with the forum on in the background) :)[/quote']
I have that box ticked and it's useful for quick login but it doesn't stop my account timing out.

i do this on the forum with firefox.

i can put my laptop on standby and i will never be logged out for ages :)

as for the game, its annoying and a remember me option could be useful :)

i agree it os too short, watching tv and setting tactics i have to keep refreshing my page.

Where is the remember me box on SM? :)

There isn't a button in the game - it's in the browser. When you log in you get a 'remember me' option you can tick which remembers your login name and password next time you start to type in the login box. On some websites, like hotmail for instance, you can stay logged in; although this is not an option in SM.

Agreed. This would be a welcomed addition. Thought about bringing it up mself a few times actually.

I've used Firefox in the past, now use Google Chrome and have always been able to stay logged in on the forum, generally for months at a time. The actual game logs me out after about 10 minutes though which is annoying. Would be nice if we could add a Keep Me Logged In box like on the forum.

Archived