Sign in to follow this  
CCFC_2009

Trying to recreate the Barcelona tactic

Re: Trying to recreate the Barcelona tactic

before using the tactic' date=' i went on a 4 game losing streak without scoring a goal even against weaker, unmanaged teams. then all of a sudden, with the help of this tactic, i won 5-0 while only attempting 7 shots and held 66% of possession. my player ratings is what surprised me the most because i had 6 players rated 9(3 of which are substitutes) and my playmaker getting 10 and man of the match. my striker didn't score a goal but had 2 assists.[/quote']

Fantastic mate, did you use my most recent tactic

I own a FC Barcelona club in World Championship 9800. This is my most recent result versus Juventus. I won this match 3-0 with 71% possession. I didn't use short passing or slow tempo, in fact, I used mixed passing and fast tempo.

3kyfovs

I own a FC Barcelona club in World Championship 9800. This is my most recent result versus Juventus. I won this match 3-0 with 71% possession. I didn't use short passing or slow tempo' date=' in fact, I used mixed passing and fast tempo.

[img']http://tinyurl.com/3kyfovs[/img]

Nice result and nice touch to the tactic.

Hiya Guys' date='

Like the look of this style so im gonna give it a go with my Barca team.

I have most of the Barca team but have made a couple of changes.

I have Cech in goal & Lahm at left back.

Also have a few other players that i think could replace some of the barca team but not sure, thinking of replacing busquets with Fabregas, I know he isnt a DM but its Fabregas!!

i also have Di Maria, Van Persie & Nasri, would you play Pedro in your starting 11 before these 3?

What do you think?[/quote']

CCFC did you see this post? would really like your thoughts, i play tomoorow so ill post results etc.....

No I wouldn't play Fabregas ahead of Busquets, the DM has a back arrow which means he is more defensively orientated then the rest of your midfield.

Iniesta is an AM/wing, I would play iniesta in one of the wing positions with Fabregas and Xavi in CM. Xavi as playmaker and Fabregas with the forward arrow

front 3

villa---------------------iniesta

----------messi

assuming you have all the original Barca players + the ones you have mentioned I would play this

------------Cech

Alves---Pique--Puyol--Lahm

----------Busquets

-----Xavi----------Fabregas

Villa-----------------------Iniesta

------------Messi

With the arrows and instructions as I have described in the original post

No I wouldn't play Fabregas ahead of Busquets' date=' the DM has a back arrow which means he is more defensively orientated then the rest of your midfield.

Iniesta is an AM/wing, I would play iniesta in one of the wing positions with Fabregas and Xavi in CM. Xavi as playmaker and Fabregas with the forward arrow

front 3

villa---------------------iniesta

----------messi

assuming you have all the original Barca players + the ones you have mentioned I would play this

------------Cech

Alves---Pique--Puyol--Lahm

----------Busquets

-----Xavi----------Fabregas

Villa-----------------------Iniesta

------------Messi

With the arrows and instructions as I have described in the original post[/quote']

thanks mate, appreciate the help, gonna go with that but what do you think about switching villa and inesta?

putting villa on the left so he can come inside on his right foot?

thanks mate' date=' appreciate the help, gonna go with that but what do you think about switching villa and inesta?

putting villa on the left so he can come inside on his right foot?[/quote']

That is up to you, they are both 96 rated and right footed so shouldn't make a difference tbh

just a wee update' date='

Played CSKA tonight, they were unmanaged. Used tactic for 1st time and won 5-0. none of my players were under an 8, even 3 subs who were only on for 15 mins!

Also had 62% of possession.[/quote']

Great result mate:D

Now this result with my Chelsea squad (although it is against a much much much weaker opponent). I won 7-1 (I hate you Toni Kroos) once again with fast tempo and mixed passing. This time I used a 3-5-2 formation.

6ffaf2r

I have a theory that this tactic works less well against teams using lots of arrows! Of late I've found that I lose against such tactics using this formation even against a weaker rated team as idid tonight. :(

I have a theory that this tactic works less well against teams using lots of arrows! Of late I've found that I lose against such tactics using this formation even against a weaker rated team as idid tonight. :(

Sorry mate :(

i used this tactic for the 2nd straight match and i won. i had 62% of possession, had 15 shots and 10 were on target yet only scored 1 goal and my playmaker had the lowest ratings after the match. what seems to be the problem with my team?:(

i used this tactic for the 2nd straight match and i won. i had 62% of possession' date=' had 15 shots and 10 were on target yet only scored 1 goal and my playmaker had the lowest ratings after the match. what seems to be the problem with my team?:([/quote']

Well you won so not alot

Make sure the playmaker has 90%+ fitness and High morale

Also you guys who lost Redbullarsenal and dannyboy can you post your opposition team instructions and the two squads please so I can see what went wrong thanks

im finding this tactic fails in competitive GW's, but works in quiet worlds, I think it could be in the competitive GW managers pay attention to tactics so set themselves up to counter this formation, I think i will be dropping it and looking at other systems:(

Sorry mate :(

LOL no worries. Its served me well for a number of games. I've just noticed that I lost to teams who put a lot of arrows into their formation and also a basic 4-3-3 wingers so Im just figuring out what does and doesnt work! Could just be my gameworld where tactics dont seem to last that long or could be a fault of the SM engine which cant really handle a lot of arrows in a formation.

im finding this tactic fails in competitive GW's' date=' but works in quiet worlds, I think it could be in the competitive GW managers pay attention to tactics so set themselves up to counter this formation, I think i will be dropping it and looking at other systems:([/quote']

Yea tbf my gameworld are quiet where only the top 8/9 teams are managed. I want to try this in a competitive game world but I am too attached to all of my squads now to leave

Some things I would suggest if the opp. plays pressing "all over" then up the tempo to normal

If they play counter attack then keep one of your full backs the lower rated one back in position

If they are using arrows forward on there wingers then take the arrows fully off the full backs and DM

If the opp. 1st 11 is 2-3 rating points better than you then go defensive

Well you won so not alot

Make sure the playmaker has 90%+ fitness and High morale

Also you guys who lost Redbullarsenal and dannyboy can you post your opposition team instructions and the two squads please so I can see what went wrong thanks

my playmaker had 100% fitness and a very high moral. maybe it was just a bad day for him LOL