GC148 discussion / rumours etc thread

Bex

Re: GC148 discussion / rumours etc thread

My 76 rated Exeter side beat 84 rated Sheffield Wednesday in the first round of the English shield 4-1 away. Earned us a home tie with Huddesfield.

Thank you to Athletic for Igor Martinez on loan too.

(copied from available teams thread) Currently the most recent GC out there 148, where we're only two games into the season, and I'm going to reject the Genoa and TSV 1860 Munich jobs at 12pm!

Completed my last external player exchange a day ago, pretty happy with the squad, value went from around 50M to 83.3M which is 2nd out all in 2nd Div of Germany.

I also, won my 1st rd shield match, 4-1 away. Which leaves me with a 2nd rd match-up with Werder Bremen.

Completed my last external player exchange a day ago' date=' pretty happy with the squad, value went from around 50M to 83.3M which is 2nd out all in 2nd Div of Germany.

I also, won my 1st rd shield match, 4-1 away. Which leaves me with a 2nd rd match-up with Werder Bremen.[/quote']

Nice value change then :)

First points of the season dropped by Exeter at the Valley see us drop down to 2nd in League One, level on points with top of the table Sheff Wed and 3rd place Tranmere.

Been a great start but tbh I'm not sure whether promotion would be very good for the club this season. Very much have a philosophy geared towards long-term success, so next season promotion was the main aim. Will take a season of stabilisation atm in order to build for Premiership football in 3/4 seasons time :D

Shall see how it goes however, if we are good enough to get promotion this season, we'll stabilise in the Championship if necessary...

• 2 weeks later...

Strange aint it a few weeks into a season how a thread can die a death :P

Barcelona Update:

League:

Well you could say it has been a somewhat eventful start to the season. barcelona made a horrific start to the season as the host of new player did not appear capable of gelling whatsoever. This led to a humilliating point from our first five games, losing to teams such as Deportivo,Malaga and the like.

This led to fans calling for Pauley's head claiming he is to inexperienced and unable to manage big-name players and the knives were out. Fortunatley for the side the management and players have faith in our project they know we will get things right we have a small squad and with games near enough every two days we have been stretched to the limit, though performances were awful and the fans rightly vented there frustration.

A heart to heart has led to a resurrgance in form with four straight victories the catalyst being a fantastic victory over Real Madrid at the Bernabeu. These victories have led Barca to the heady heights of 11th :o

Barca sit nine points behind surprise leaders Santander and seven behind Real Madrid, not promising but a hell of a lot better than two weeks ago :o

Champions League:

Barca have five points from there first three Champions League games. In a tough group Barca had hard fought draws with Spanish rivals Valencia and Boca Juniors before a scintilating display on Monday night saw Barca destroy moneybags Man City 8-2 at the City of Manchester Stadium. barca sit top but things are very tight.

Spanish Shield:

Barca have made smooth progress to the QF after victories over Vallacano,Zaragoza and Athletic Bilbao. Real Sociedad await in the last eight.

Transfers:

It has been a quiet time of late but after seeing two deals for Pastore fall through with other sides for whatever reason, Barca nipped in and secured the services of Javier Pastore in a deal which sees Keita and Thiago head to Palermo. Pauley is said to be cautiously optimistic that the deal remains in place after previous deals for the player were reversed for whatever reason.

Pauley is also said to be on the brink of announcing another major deal after an agreement in principle has been reached for a Barcelona midfielder with Arsenal...more to come on that when completed.

Barcelona Update:

Barcelona begin to motor.

Since the last update Barcelona have continued there recent good form making it nine wins on the bounce in all competitions with a comprehensive thumping of Villarreal and a workmanlike victory again Hercules. These wins have seen barcelona get right back in amongst the top boys as they sit 7th currently but only four points behind leaders Santander.

In transfer news a major transfer deal to come out of the Camp Nou saw the departure of Javier Mascherano who left the club to join Arsenal in a deal which saw Robin Van Persie and Sebastian Squillachi join the catalans.

"Whilst mascherano is a player i have always admired, getting two new bodies into the squad will help enormously as we are still short on numbers and helps to increase a very threadbare forward line where young Eduardo Sasha has done a terrific job but a club like Barcelona should not be relying on an untried 75Rtd youngster...he is one for the future"

How many of us are their in Germany ? Is it just me you and the Bayern manager ( forgive me for not remembering your name, but i cant be bothered to trawl through the thread.... or even scroll down :D )

I drew 2-2 with Hamburger on the weekend, happy with a point im still sitting pretty at the top :D