Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (II)

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alternative Mirror - Borussia Dortmund Alternative Mirror - Bayer Leverkusen Alternative Mirror - Hannover 96 Alternative Mirror - Bayern München Alternative Mirror - 1. FSV Mainz 05 Al

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (II) Alternative Mirror - FC Schalke 04 Alternative Mirror - 1. FC Köln Alternative Mirror - FC Sankt Pauli Alternative Mirror - Eintracht Frankfurt Al

Re: Riferimento: Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (II) A rise to 95 is on the cards unless stated otherwise in the first post!

Guest Raines

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (II)

I bought Baumann back when he was rated 75 and Mlapa when he was rated 77 just as money makers but in a relatively short time they are both up to 85. Should I keep them instead? Is Baumann first choice goalkeeper for Freiburg? Any help on these two would be appreciated.

I bought Baumann back when he was rated 75 and Mlapa when he was rated 77 just as money makers but in a relatively short time they are both up to 85. Should I keep them instead? Is Baumann first choice goalkeeper for Freiburg? Any help on these two would be appreciated.

Baumann is first choice. His team have an outside chance of Europe aswell, so could end the season rated atleast 86. I would keep him as my second choice keeper.

I would sell Mlapa as he's not even a starter for his club, with the cash, you can invest it on other risers.

Guest Raines

Baumann is first choice. His team have an outside chance of Europe aswell' date=' so could end the season rated atleast 86. I would keep him as my second choice keeper.

I would sell Mlapa as he's not even a starter for his club, with the cash, you can invest it on other risers.[/quote']

Ok, thanks. Baumann will be my third choice behind De Gea who I can loan out so that's fine. Espn stats indicate Mlapa has started more games than he has come on as a sub though?

Hey Phil that was a superb set of predictions for the first attempt since the announcement of 3 changes per year!

Just out of curiosity which German team do you support?

Also I don't especially like Bayern Munich but whenever I see their starting line-ups they really don't make sense to me. Has Van Gaal lost the plot or is there some sensible thinking behind it? If you were the manager what would your starting 11 be?

Riferimento: Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (II)

Hey, Phil, great predictions as usual, seems like SM waits your thread and base's their rating changes on your prediction, changing only some so you dont get to think they get it from your thread :D

Anyway, i wrote you to know abit more about Sidney Sam, i know from his stats that he seems to be playing pretty good, but i never seen him play, so i was wondering how good is he, and what you think his future might look like (like if he got the numbers to get in the NT and so on)

Thanks Phil, once again, great thread.

Raffaele:cool:

Hey Phil that was a superb set of predictions for the first attempt since the announcement of 3 changes per year!

Thanks ;)

Just out of curiosity which German team do you support?

Borussia Dortmund. Supporting them since I was 7 ;)

Also I don't especially like Bayern Munich but whenever I see their starting line-ups they really don't make sense to me. Has Van Gaal lost the plot or is there some sensible thinking behind it? If you were the manager what would your starting 11 be?

If I were the coach' date=' the first thing I'd do would be to go the board and demand a new CB and a new LB ;) With the current squad, I'd probably play

-------------- Kraft -------------

Lahm - Breno - Badstuber - Pranjic

-- Tymoschuk -- Schweinsteiger --

Robben ------ Müller ------ Ribery

------------- Gomez -------------

Tymoschuk doesn't work as a CB, for some reason he doesn't partner up well with Badstuber. Gustavo's an awful LB as well.

Hey, Phil, great predictions as usual, seems like SM waits your thread and base's their rating changes on your prediction, changing only some so you dont get to think they get it from your thread :D

Anyway, i wrote you to know abit more about Sidney Sam, i know from his stats that he seems to be playing pretty good, but i never seen him play, so i was wondering how good is he, and what you think his future might look like (like if he got the numbers to get in the NT and so on)

Thanks Phil, once again, great thread.

Raffaele:cool:

As I said, the only change that really shocked me was Rost, the others either were some small +1/2 rises for lower rated players (mostly based on games for the reserve team in the 3rd or 4th division) or players who still got their rises for their performances in a foreign league. I don't particularly care about either (meaning lower or foreign leagues) ;)

Regarding Sam, he's a decent player and definitely one of the positive surprises, however, I don't think there's much about his game other than pure pace, followed by cutting inside and looking for the goal, basically a less talented, but also less selfish version of Robben. Regarding the NT, maybe it'll suffice for a few caps, I don't think he's regular material though.

Riferimento: Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (II)

As I said' date=' the only change that really shocked me was Rost, the others either were some small +1/2 rises for lower rated players (mostly based on games for the reserve team in the 3rd or 4th division) or players who still got their rises for their performances in a foreign league. I don't particularly care about either (meaning lower or foreign leagues) ;)

Regarding Sam, he's a decent player and definitely one of the positive surprises, however, I don't think there's much about his game other than pure pace, followed by cutting inside and looking for the goal, basically a less talented, but also less selfish version of Robben. Regarding the NT, maybe it'll suffice for a few caps, I don't think he's regular material though.[/quote']

cheers mate,one last question.

Woud you rather have Kroos or Sam in your team.

Re: Riferimento: Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (II)

cheers mate' date='one last question.

Woud you rather have Kroos or Sam in your team.[/quote']

As a real life manager, Kroos as I believe he has a lot more potential. In SM terms, I think it depends on if you rather want a gamble or a steady, but limited riser. I believe Kroos could 'explode' anytime and reach the real high ratings, but history has proven that quite a few talented players rotted at Bayern and never really broke through.

phil' date=' who do you think are the best two of the following? worth holding onto long term?

Sebastian RUDY

Manuel SCHMIEDEBACH

Almog COHEN

Max KRUSE

Christian CLEMENS

Julian SCHIEBER[/quote']

I've heard Manchester United scouts have been watching Schieber at some Nuremburg games (and Gundogan, would make sense if they had an eye on Ekici too but I don't remember him being mentioned but my memory isn't what it was :P) not sure of the accuracy of the reports I've read but thought I'd throw it out there for potential discussion and/or ridicule :P:o Whilst by that token, if he's even being mentioned in the same sentence as Man Utd he must have some quality at least.

Respuesta: Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (II)

Hi, I have a Borussia Dortmund and found in the subsidiary players (all in real life are in dortmund) and was wondering if anyone knows of any of them or expect too much from:

KAPTAN, Cihan 22 74

SADRIJAJ, Bajram 24 75

ALEKSANDROV, Mihail 21 76

HASANBEGOVIC, Nedim 22 76

OZTEKIN, Yasin 23 76

EGGERT, Christian 25 76

GINCZEK, Daniel 19 77

SOBIECH, Lasse 20 77

STIEPERMANN, Marco 20 77

KULLMANN, Christopher 24 77

LE TALLEC, Damien 20 78

PIOSSEK, Marcus 21 78

but to sell it, and I'm buying a subsidiary with a future

Re: Respuesta: Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (II)

Hi' date=' I have a Borussia Dortmund and found in the subsidiary players (all in real life are in dortmund) and was wondering if anyone knows of any of them or expect too much from:

KAPTAN, Cihan 22 74

SADRIJAJ, Bajram 24 75

ALEKSANDROV, Mihail 21 76

HASANBEGOVIC, Nedim 22 76

OZTEKIN, Yasin 23 76

EGGERT, Christian 25 76

GINCZEK, Daniel 19 77

[b']SOBIECH, Lasse[/b] 20 77

STIEPERMANN, Marco 20 77

KULLMANN, Christopher 24 77

LE TALLEC, Damien 20 78

PIOSSEK, Marcus 21 78

but to sell it, and I'm buying a subsidiary with a future

I don't know all of them, but the 2 in bold text are definitely worth keeping!!! ;)

I have luiz gustavo and was thinking about swapping him for sven bender.....who has the better potential long term and short?? and which will play international football??

thanks in advance

As a real life manager I would definitely take Bender as he has more potential IMO. However in terms of SM you also have to look how good their respective club is doing. Bayern are normally a regular participant of the Champions League and therefore it's easier to get higher ratings there. Dortmund will play CL next season and I'm curious if they can become a regular CL team, too. I also can imagine Bender becoming a NT regular anytime though the competition is very hard there, but who would have expected Khedira replacing Ballack in the German NT about one year ago? Gustavo on the other hand isn't good enough for the Brazilian team. Normally Brazil have better players to play with, but that's just my personal opinion.

Having considered all these things I would go for Bender but actually you can't do too wrong with both.

Hello kids, it's statistical time with timesle once again

At the last major league changes I made a thread comparing all teams/leagues after the changes to see which team is underrated/overrated. This time I neither had the desire nor the power to do it for all leagues. But as a statistic lover I decided to do it at least for my favourite league - the Bundesliga.

I started with viewing the individual squads of each team. The teams are listed according to their current league position. Beside the maximum rating of each team (for example Ribery at Bayern with 95), I also calculated 3 kinds of average ratings:

• The "average rating 80+" is the average rating of all players of this team rated 80 or above.
  • The "average rating most played 15" is the average rating of the 15 players with most appearances of each team.
  • And the "average rating top XI" is the average rating of the eleven best players of each team.

252ig6nx.jpg

Why have I chosen these 3 kinds of average ratings?

The 80+ ratings have been the first I calculated as I only viewed the players rated 80+ as players rated below don't have huge impact on the team - especially after the changes. However I realized (once again) that a team with lots of ~80 rated players gets a lower average rating and therefore would be made worth than it actually is.

So I decided to calculate the average rating of the 15 players that played most this season. This is a pretty good average rating to compare the individual season performances of each team as it reflects best the ratings of the most important players of this season. The only problem with this average rating is that long injured players like Robben or Ballack who would normally be regular at their teams aren't involved. So this isn't a good number to compare the team performances over a longer period of time (which has to be done if you want to discuss if a team is overrated or underrated due to the fact that high ratings can be acchieved over a long good period and shouldn't fall suddenly because one bad season, Bremen ratings for example).

So I finally decided to calculate the average rating of the top XI, means I only chose the 11 best players of each team and voilà: We have a good number to compare the teams over a longer period of time.

So you can see in the following graph how the teams perform with their current "Average Rating Most Played 15"

av95ut8o.jpg

We see: Teams like Bayern, Hamburg, Wolfsburg, Bremen and Stuttgart cleary underperform according to the strenght of their squad, whilst other teams like Hannover, Mainz or Freiburg perform better though not having the better squad (SM-wise).

Well, you need not to be a statistician to know or show that. I think it's quite interesting though.

Now I tried to calculate the team acchievements over the last 3 season.

Therefore I first made this table with the points each team got in the league (points collected in the 2nd Bundesliga were halved) and the international points they received according to the UEFA team ranking of each season. That way I considered national and international peformances.

6jd7tsge.jpg

But just adding up the points of each season wouldn't be good as present performance is more important than the performances of the past. So I summed them up with the following factors:

1/2 * Points Season 10/11 + 1/3 * Points Season 09/10 + 1/6 * Points Season 08/09

And I got the following results

ckfbc7o4.jpg

• The "Sum" is the result by only adding the points up and
  • the "Avg Sum" is the average sum (divided by 3).
  • The "Adjusted Average Sum" finally is the sum calculated as explained above.

So this is my order how much the individual teams acchieved over the last 3 seasons.

I needed this to compare the "average ratings of the top XI" of each teams and I got the following result.

u6f8i9z9.jpg

Now we can see some tendences. Teams like Dortmund, Schalke and Mainz still seem to be a bit underrated according to their earlier performances and according to other Bundesliga teams. The last few words in bold are very important. I personally don't think that the CL final team of last season (that also won the league and the cup) is overrated in general. According to other Bundesliga teams they are overrated - or to say it in other words - other Bundesliga teams are underrated according to Bayern's ratings.

However I still think that you need to play CL football regular to acchieve the real high ratings. And beside Bayern so far no German team is a regular CL starter.

Guest Raines

Some Dortmund questions: how good a player is Shinji Kagawa? I sort of expected him to rise to 89 these changes as some people are hyping him up. I'm thinking of selling him because I need some extra money but don't know much abut him. Also, what is their most common starting XI line up? It's kind of hard to work out looking at how many players rated around 88 they have.