Sign in to follow this  
Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Club Debt/Player Hogging/OAP Squads

Re: Club Debt/Player Hogging/OAP Squads

Bringing the idea about the wage cap would make the game too complicated and for new managers they wouldnt know what this meant and how to solve it.If a club gets into debt then its thier own fault and shud sell some players at the end or start of the season.

Next up my views on player hogging..

Looking at my squad below, do you think i'm player hogging?

1 G I. CASILLAS 95 100 -

2 CB/RB C. PUYOL 97 33 I10

3 CB F. CANNAVARO 97 89 -

4 CB A. NESTA 95 90 -

5 CM P. VIEIRA 96 93 -

6 AM/CM DECO 96 44 I11

7 W C. RONALDO 96 91 -

8 LM/AM D. STANKOVIC 94 82 -

9 F T. HENRY 97 90 -

10 AM KAKA 97 98 -

11 F/AM RONALDINHO 99 90 -

S1 RB/LB G. ZAMBROTTA 95 80 -

S2 LB/LM F. GROSSO 93 100 -

S3 RB/DM J. ZANETTI 94 100 -

S4 CM/AM A. INIESTA 93 100 -

S5 LM/CM P. NEDVED 93 100 -

17 CM/RM B. SCHNEIDER 91 100 -

18 LM/CM C. SEEDORF 94 100 -

19 F W. ROONEY 96 100 -

20 AM/LM T. ROSICKY 93 100 -

21 CF J. FERNANDO TORRES © 93 100 -

basically i keep 2 squads. 1 for league games and 1 for cup games with 2 players for every position.

i know it looks extreme but the reason why i need this is due to the match fitness of the players.

if i let the same players play week in week out for every league game and cup game (if i progress till the final for both cup competitions), the fitness lvl of my players will probably be less than 50 each game.

i keep 21 players as i need 10 outfield players as cover for my cup games. i would actually need more players if u consider the below factors im listing out but for now, i guess that's enough

this is not even including the injuries the occur during the season. I seem to be very unlucky with injuries, with Ronaldinho just back from a 20 match layoff, puyol out for 16 turns and deco out for 12 turns.

i shld be getting a replacement player for these sort of injuries as the time they spend on the sidelines is pretty long but i'm not being that extreme.

plus, you get players suspended from time to time for 1-3 matches and some injuries that take 1-5 games to recover.

i do tink i need a decent squad to rotate with to keep up the players' match fitness.

However if i happen to be knocked out of both cup competitions, i will loan out my excess players to other teams.

1 - cos they've got no chance to play unless i've got an injured player in that position

2 - keeps my wage payout down

will this den be considered player hogging?

i do tink i've got a valid reason for having the squad that i have.

unless i can play matches every sat, mon, wed, sat and continuously without my players' conditions dropping to below 60, i guess i'll have to stick with what i'm doing now

have a look at my teams if u wanna know what im talking abt

1 G E. VAN DER SAR © 94 100 -

2 CB/DM R. FERDINAND 94 94 -

3 LB/CB G. HEINZE 92 87 -

4 CB A. NESTA 95 91 -

5 CM A. PIRLO 96 88 I 1

6 DM D. ALBELDA 94 89 -

7 W/AM S. SIMAO 93 100 -

8 W C. RONALDO 96 90 -

9 F W. ROONEY 96 92 -

10 AM KAKA 97 89 -

11 CF D. DROGBA 95 89 -

S1 RB/CB G. NEVILLE 93 100 -

S2 LB/CB C. CHIVU 92 100 -

S3 CB P. MERTESACKER 92 87 -

S4 CM/AM W. SNEIJDER 92 100 -

S5 AM/CM P. AIMAR 93 100 -

17 RM/CM L. GONZALEZ 92 87 -

18 LM/AM R. GIGGS 93 100 -

19 CF F. KANOUTE 93 100 -

20 CM/AM P. SCHOLES 94 100 -

21 CF D. BERBATOV 93 100 -

22 CF R. VAN NISTELROOY 95 39 I13

23 G C. ROGERIO 92 100 -

1 G I. CASILLAS 95 100 -

2 CB/RB K. TOURE 94 86 -

3 CB J. TERRY 97 100 -

4 CB F. CANNAVARO 97 87 -

5 AM/CM DECO 96 95 -

6 CM/AM F. LAMPARD 96 87 -

7 CM/RM G. GATTUSO 96 85 -

8 LM/AM D. STANKOVIC 94 67 I 6

9 CF S. ETO'O 97 93 -

10 AM KAKA 97 93 -

11 CF A. SHEVCHENKO 95 93 -

S1 RB/CB G. NEVILLE 93 100 -

S2 CB W. SAMUEL 93 90 -

S3 CB/DM M. JORGE ANDRADE 93 100 -

S4 CM/AM A. INIESTA 93 100 -

S5 CM/RM JUNINHO 95 100 -

17 RM/CM L. GONZALEZ 92 100 -

18 W/AM FIGO 93 82 -

19 CF F. KANOUTE 93 100 -

20 AM A. D'ALESSANDRO © 92 100 -

21 CF M. OWEN 93 100 -

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

My thoughts...

Average Age...

I don't think this would work. People would surely just buy a few cheap 18 year olds rated as low as possible to keep the average age down?! I know I would!

Chairman intervention...

I think this is a good idea. Maybe have a limit on the number of 30+ years the chairman will invest in. Maybe no more than 5 OAP's can be bought.

Club debt...

Club's can only really get in debt with the wages. I don't believe that a club should have a wage cap on turnover. It will just mean the big teams get bigger and the smaller teams get weaker. There does need to be some intervention from the chairman though. Maybe when the club gets say £6m in debt if in division 1' date=' down to £2m if in division 4, then the chairman will get rid of the highest earner. A warning message would be sent when you are getting close to that figure.

However that should mean that teams should be able to swap players despite being in debt. That way they can swap and OAP worth £500k for a youngster worth £500k (wages will be a lot lower).

In all I'm really pleased that this is being looked at. I do have clubs that go into debt, but its a manageable amount ie £4m by the end of the season in top division. I don't think that clubs like this should be punished though.[/quote']

yes but surely if you were going futher and futher into debt you would have to sell your best player anyway

also.....

if your best player was transfer listed wouldnt you be able to offer 100 k for a 93 player ans it would be accpted :confused:

Yeah' date=' I agree, if you want to increase the stadium capacity then (when in the top division), pay for it :) Another thing - when relegated your stadium decreases by a certain amount too, because otherwise if for example Man U go to the 4th, and get promoted again, the stadium wouldn't be that small now would it ;) And also it depends who is going to get the increases etc...

Actually, after re-thinking the situation (mainly because not all clubs have small stadia) I think it should be something as follows:

4th Division promotion - 40% increase

3rd Division promotion - 30% increase

2nd Division promotion - 25% increase

Would make it more realistic, coz for example some championship sides already have 30k+ stadiums..[/quote']

My worry with automatic upgrades is what you have pointed out. There are formerly big clubs that are in lower leagues, like Sheff Wed, that already have significant capacities (~40,000). They hardly need a bump, and there are other teams that do not need as big a bump as a team with initially holds stadium that holds 5k-10k. Having automatic expansions would only exaggerate the differences that currently exist.

Also I worry about teams that may already have been promoted into the 1st division that have lower capacities. Now if they become relegated would they go down further. Though you talk about ManU, there are a lot of teams in the 1st division currently with capacity only in the low 20k. They shouldn't have reductions if they get sent down as there are plenty of teams with larger capacity in lower divisions. Also so many teams have moved now that there are small clubs in the 1st division of many sm leagues. Unless the changes are retroactive they would also be punished for already having been promoted.

Making automatic stadium expansions seems like it may not work since there is so much diversity in the initial capacity of clubs in the lower divisions. I feel that having minimum capacity for the higher divisions, such as 15k for Division 2 and 20k for division 1, might be more effective. Upon promotion teams would have automatic expansion to the minimum capacities. Upon demotion the original capacities would be restored.

My worry with automatic upgrades is what you have pointed out. There are formerly big clubs that are in lower leagues' date=' like Sheff Wed, that already have significant capacities (~40,000). They hardly need a bump, and there are other teams that do not need as big a bump as a team with initially holds stadium that holds 5k-10k. Having automatic expansions would only exaggerate the differences that currently exist.

Also I worry about teams that may already have been promoted into the 1st division that have lower capacities. Now if they become relegated would they go down further. Though you talk about ManU, there are a lot of teams in the 1st division currently with capacity only in the low 20k. They shouldn't have reductions if they get sent down as there are plenty of teams with larger capacity in lower divisions. Also so many teams have moved now that there are small clubs in the 1st division of many sm leagues. Unless the changes are retroactive they would also be punished for already having been promoted.

Making automatic stadium expansions seems like it may not work since there is so much diversity in the initial capacity of clubs in the lower divisions. I feel that having minimum capacity for the higher divisions, such as 15k for Division 2 and 20k for division 1, might be more effective. Upon promotion teams would have automatic expansion to the minimum capacities. Upon demotion the original capacities would be restored.[/quote']

I like it, I like it, I like it :) Would be good to have, as you say, a minimum capacity allowed in a division, therefore no team is at a disadvantage :)

I'd say something like...

Div 1 - Min: 20k

Div 2 - Min: 15k

Div 3 - Min: 10k

Div 4 - Min: 5k B)

I like it' date=' I like it, I like it :) Would be good to have, as you say, a minimum capacity allowed in a division, therefore no team is at a disadvantage :)

I'd say something like...

Div 1 - Min: 20k

Div 2 - Min: 15k

Div 3 - Min: 10k

Div 4 - Min: 5k B)[/quote']I certainly agree that Stadium Upgrades should be on the of the key things to prevent squad debt for managers who are successful and growing their squad. There is a Stadium Upgrades thread so I don't want to talk too much about that here, but I don't see why - a bit like prize money - stadium changes couldnt be changed every two seasons based on performances over those two seasons. Real life stadium averages for each division could probably be included in that equation, to stop clubs like Sheff Wed having huge stadiums if they reach the top flight. The only other thing I would like is the overdraft limit idea, as this would naturally cap the supposed issues of player hogging and OAP squads - I would not like to see anything in place that further limits who a manager can sign or that forces them to relinquish players, as that just is not fun IMO.