Championship Manager: Season 01/02

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Championship Manager: Season 01/02 Apologies for the delay' date=' there you go

Re: Championship Manager: Season 01/02 Guys, the game is still being updated on http://www.champman0102.co.uk/ in fact I am part of the update team. We just released our March DB 2 months ago so yo

Re: Championship Manager: Season 01/02

Oh my, this has made my weekend. I love this game!

I used to play this for days on end. I seem to remember getting into 2030 something before the game file became too large and corrupt.

I remember one of the results of the corruption was my stadium building up to something insane like 380,000 seater. It was the most awesome bug on any game I have ever seen.

Oh my' date=' this has made my weekend. I love this game!

I used to play this for days on end. I seem to remember getting into 2030 something before the game file became too large and corrupt.

I remember one of the results of the corruption was my stadium building up to something insane like 380,000 seater. It was the most awesome bug on any game I have ever seen.[/quote']

Theres legal ways around that, apparently by using Microsoft Software which you legally once again download from the official website, allows the game to use up more space then it would let, almost giving it extra permission!

That sounds brilliant, I've just started my nth season yesterday so will post tonight how I'm doing, will recommend others to do the same:)

Same prob for me

:( Maybe run it for XP?

I did read somewhere that it was problematic on more recent Windows. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate; it goes pear shaped when I hit CTRL + ESC to do something else and then click back on it; black screen that won't go away.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=127355

2 threads for a great game.

The greatest footie game ever I still have a saved file in 2044 which I go back to every now & then.

Nice! Game always seemed to get buggier and buggier for me the longer I went.

I couldn't get it to run' date=' installed ok, initiated the game as I remember, but it keeps black screening on me after loading the database etc. :([/quote']

Check this link to sort it out, I had similar problems but sorted it out after reading the stuff on there.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=127355

2 threads for a great game.

The greatest footie game ever I still have a saved file in 2044 which I go back to every now & then.

Apologies' date=' will get them merged together :)

I did read somewhere that it was problematic on more recent Windows. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate; it goes pear shaped when I hit CTRL + ESC to do something else and then click back on it; black screen that won't go away.

I'm on the same system, just refer to the above link and you should be fine :)

Im still playing reguarly. Currently repping it with Infesta in Portugal. Just missed out on champions league, my team pretty much consists of the Portugal U21 squad lol

EDIT: Anyone else notice that as the years went by goals were scored less and less.

I shi. you not, Crystal Palace won the Prem in 2051 on my save ages ago having scored 45 goals.

oh wow this takes me back..

Javier Saviola was a beast! first player id always sign....

hidden gems...

Selakoivc..... Jonas Lunden....Kennedy Bakircouglu....Barsom...sweden was great for bargains..

Eifon Williams

Mark Kerr

Joao Paiva

Shane Tolley

Maxim Tsigalko

Michael Dunwell

Assane Ndiaye

& Toton Zola Moukoko....

need i say anymore!

Named a few there but there are so many glitch players as i like to call them.

Saviola and Aghahowa remain the only two players iv ever sold for 100 million.

Also was Roma on anyone elses game dominate europe? On so many of my saves they appeared in 5/6 of the first 8 seasons worth of champions league finals.

Outrageous. On my current save they were in the final 8 years running.. won it 6 times haha!

Ill get round to naming my favourite champ man team, any team, as long as the player starts on the database.

Guys, the game is still being updated on http://www.champman0102.co.uk/ in fact I am part of the update team.

We just released our March DB 2 months ago so you will play with updated data. Will release another one in September / October with all the updated summer transfers and all.

Or you play the ODB with all the super greeks like Tsigalko, Skalidis etc.

And yes, we have an SM section there; this is how I personally found out about SM.

Also was Roma on anyone elses game dominate europe? On so many of my saves they appeared in 5/6 of the first 8 seasons worth of champions league finals.

Roma were probably the best team on the ODB' date=' yeah.

Here is the thread naming all the great players back in the ODB: [url']http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php/631-Good-Players-Original-Game[/url]

Game is available for legal download there plus heaps of updates, patches, tools etc.

It's not mate. I updated and played the game on Win 7 for years and now even do so on Win 8.

Regarding the minimizing, yeah, there seems to be a problem about that at times. What I can personally recommend is windowed mode. Can let you do lots of things at the same time and looks nice once you got used to it.

Edit: Let me know your usernames on there if you play a semi-active role. I am not very hard to spot :D

Guys' date=' the game is still being updated on [url']http://www.champman0102.co.uk/[/url] in fact I am part of the update team.

We just released our March DB 2 months ago so you will play with updated data. Will release another one in September / October with all the updated summer transfers and all.

And yes, we have an SM section there; this is how I personally found out about SM.

Ah sweet, I downloaded the update last season. But i removed it and went old school again.

Will you be updating the database after the transfer window closes?

EDIT: Anyone else notice that as the years went by goals were scored less and less.

I shi. you not' date=' Crystal Palace won the Prem in 2051 on my save ages ago having scored 45 goals.[/quote']

I heard the game got a bit slow and bugged and goals where hard to come by but I started playing the game in 2001 on xbox which ran the game superbly with no bugs the only issue was that once you got seriously deep into the game it ran slowly.

;2584324']oh wow this takes me back..

Javier Saviola was a beast! first player id always sign....

hidden gems...

Selakoivc..... Jonas Lunden....Kennedy Bakircouglu....Barsom...sweden was great for bargains..

Eifon Williams

Mark Kerr

Joao Paiva

Shane Tolley

Maxim Tsigalko

Michael Dunwell

Assane Ndiaye

& Toton Zola Moukoko....

need i say anymore!

YES....Cherno Samba(Millwall) & Justin Georcelin(Northampton) 2 English youths who do amazing things on the game.But Sav was very good as was Ruud Van Nistelrroy.

Named a few there but there are so many glitch players as i like to call them.

Saviola and Aghahowa remain the only two players iv ever sold for 100 million.

Outrageous. On my current save they were in the final 8 years running.. won it 6 times haha!

Ill get round to naming my favourite champ man team' date=' any team, as long as the player starts on the database.[/quote']

I sold a few for 100m nearly always to Dortmund who seem to have pots of cash.

Guys' date=' the game is still being updated on [url']http://www.champman0102.co.uk/[/url] in fact I am part of the update team.

Personally think its better with all the legends like Zidane,Figo etc etc however I'll try your March db as I need another challenge.

Yes' date=' there is always an update coming out around end of September. We are updating all year around.[/quote']

Thats great news. I will be downloadong that for sure. Havent done one with Villa for so long now it would be great to start one with the current squad.

Can anybody think of the teams which have the best regens ?

the likes of United , madrid aside?

I did wrire a list which ill post on here hah.

Thats great news. I will be downloadong that for sure. Havent done one with Villa for so long now it would be great to start one with the current squad.

Can anybody think of the teams which have the best regens ?

the likes of United ' date=' madrid aside?

I did wrire a list which ill post on here hah.[/quote']

This might help you: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php/760-Players-promoted-from-Youth-Team?highlight=guiseley