Fletcher/Modric/Gourcuff

valdo

I like all these players for different reasons...

But...

Modric destroyed Fletcher when Spurs met United.

Does this warrant Modric a rise to 93?

Or for what Fletcher does for United warrant him to get a rise to 93 himself based on the club he's at and where they are...

Gourcuff also a 92, but technically again, different to the other 2. Who I think won't rise until he moves clubs.

Before anyone starts about Fletcher being poop, all 3 players are different and give different qualities.

Similar to the way Vidic is rated, really he should be a 98, he's better than Messi (at defending), as is the best CB in the world today...

Re: Fletcher/Modric/Gourcuff

But...

Or for what Fletcher does for United warrant him to get a rise to 93 himself based on the club he's at and where they are...

Gourcuff also a 92' date=' but technically again, different to the other 2. Who I think won't rise until he moves clubs.

Before anyone starts about Fletcher being poop, all 3 players are different and give different qualities.

Similar to the way Vidic is rated, really he should be a 98, he's better than Messi (at defending), as is the best CB in the world today...[/quote']

Vidic shouldnt be 98 cause the ratings are already balanced for defenders like puyol and vidic are both 96 CB nobody is above them so thats not a problem. with Messi and Ronaldo they are rated 98 cause you have wingers like Iniesta who is rated 97, so they have to be higher. Modric is good, he wont get 93 though cause Tottenham need to win something like Busquets world cup and wins trophies with Barcelona so he will get noticed. Modric is getting noticed cause he got 92 before but now he has to do more for Tottenham. Fletcher has more of a chance of a rise cause Man Utd might win the title. Gourcuff is good but lyon aint doing to well and he has to move club to rise.

Modric has been pretty exceptional for Spurs this season. He's one of those players who clearly rises above those around him and seems to be everywhere on the pitch, always in space. Deserved his 92 last time and could well get 93 at the end of the season (but probably not in this set of changes).

It's also extremely likely that Fergie will be after him as a replacement for Scholes in the long term, having made no secret of his admiration for Luca.

Modric has been pretty exceptional for Spurs this season. He's one of those players who clearly rises above those around him and seems to be everywhere on the pitch' date=' always in space. Deserved his 92 last time and could well get 93 at the end of the season (but probably not in this set of changes).

It's also extremely likely that Fergie will be after him as a replacement for Scholes in the long term, having made no secret of his admiration for Luca.[/quote']

firstly, vidic being 98 would unbalance the whole ratings system. its fine as it is i think. anyway here is why vidic cannot be 97. let alone 98.

98 is almost perfection, if you had a CB who won the UCL, EPL, scored 7 goals a season, played long balls perfectly and had 9 assists and won the fa cup and carling cup what rating should he be?

im not being unreasonable all this is possible.

he would be 98 or 99. so vidic rising would mean that if a CB was truely awesome you wouldnt be able to accodmoate them.

that and players like terry are not 4 behind vidic.

also about modric yeah he is great, but i think to get 93 he needs to get spurs into the big 4. otherwise it would be unfair.

one thing id like to see from SM is this though:

in england we have 6 teams who are clearly champions league quality. SM shouldnt be harsh on those not in the top 4 purely because that shows the strenght of our league. it isn't like la liga where the top 2 win 10-0 every time and the rest won't come close.

But...

Gourcuff also a 92' date=' but technically again, different to the other 2. Who I think won't rise until he moves clubs.

Similar to the way Vidic is rated, really he should be a 98,[b'] he's better than Messi (at defending),[/b] as is the best CB in the world today...

Well done, Sherlock.

Well done' date=' Sherlock.[/quote']

sarcastic comment?

he meant vidic is better at defending than messi is at attacking.

nothing wrong with that statement is there?

im not sure i agree with his opinion as its almost impossible to compare the 2.

but he wasn't stupid to suggest it so i am bemused by your sarcastic tone.