Michael RENSING

Raz

Bayern reserve keeper Rensing made some absolutely top, top drawer

saves last night to keep Bayern in the tie, even though Milan did get the

easiest penalty known to man.

But I thought he was outstanding, its the first time I've seen him play, and

I'm sure if he continues to get more games, putting in performances like that

against sides like Milan, he will shoot up from a measly 85.

Can anyone give me more info on him? has he played for germany yet?

or been in the squad for that matter? I know Germany are well equipped in

the goalkeeper front with Kahn, Lehmann and Hilderbrand. But Kahn and Lehmann

are gettin on a bit now, and surely Rensing will get called up to support Hilderbrand?

Re: Michael RENSING

Bayern reserve keeper Rensing made some absolutely top' date=' top drawer

saves last night to keep Bayern in the tie, even though Milan did get the

easiest penalty known to man.

But I thought he was outstanding, its the first time I've seen him play, and

I'm sure if he continues to get more games, putting in performances like that

against sides like Milan, he will shoot up from a measly 85.

Can anyone give me more info on him? has he played for germany yet?

or been in the squad for that matter? I know Germany are well equipped in

the goalkeeper front with Kahn, Lehmann and Hilderbrand. But Kahn and Lehmann

are gettin on a bit now, and surely Rensing will get called up to support Hilderbrand?[/quote']

Rensing has been Kahn's backup at Bayern for years. He is very good, and had many offers to go to other clubs. However, he opted to stay as backup for Kahn because there is a verbal agreement that once Kahn will retire, Rensing will become #1. Lately there has been a little bit of friction, because Kahn was supposed to retire this year, but now it seems Bayern might renew his contract for a year. Rensing is a little pissed and has threatened to leave if Kahn stays for another year.

In any case, I expect him to get more playing time in the next 2 years and he has the talent to be a great GK. However, the national team is out of the question right now because he really hasn't played much.

I don't expect his rating will go up for a while - the match against Milan was his first or second appearence of the season as he's backup to Kahn.

He is a good talent and I just hope that Bayern have the confidence in him to allow him to replace Kahn once he retires - on the evidence of the Milan match, and several previous Bundesliga games, he is up to the task.

If you're into planning for way in the future (Kahn won't retire until 2008) then Rensing will be worth buying because you'd expect his rating to go up to 90 once he becomes a Bayern regular.

i agree, he is a promising young goalie, but you cant expext him to go straight to the Germany no.1 jersey. he will probbably be Bayerns No.1 in a few years! as for his national hopes, he'll probbably be number 1 after Timo Hildebrand steps down. i think he'll be Germanys next number 1

i was just about to create a thread about him :mad:

but anyway i couldnt agree with you more. he produced some outstanding saves against ac milan in the champs league but let himself down with poor positioning with the pirlo header! also the penalty was a F***ing disgrace. had it not been for the goals i think he would have already cemented his chances of replacing old man kahn in time for next season.

how high a rating do you want a back-up keeper to have? and that's what he is - a back-up.

snike was correct earlier when he said that kahn looks like he's going to play another season and that means another season as back-up for rensing with the odd game here and there.

yes he made some good reaction stops against milan. the shots were fairly close to his body but they were good stops nonetheless. however, he was poorly positioned for pirlo's header and i also felt that the bayern defense looked slightly confused and hesitant at times which i think came from not having authority in between the sticks.

whatever else you say about kahn he is most definitely a leader and rensing while still young will need to develop those skills over time.

for me his rating is fine as it is.