Alexandre Song

Re: Alexandre Song

i wouldn't be surprised if song got 92 now' date=' but he and busquets are very different players, song gets forward a lot as you say, clears up at the back and is versatile. He has scored fairly consistently for arsenal.[/quote']

Erm. He's scored a total of 6 times in the league for Arsenal, 4 coming this season, 1 the last two seasons and 0 the two before. Though his position doesn't require the scoring stat to rise so that's a bit misleading.

Erm. He's scored a total of 6 times in the league for Arsenal' date=' 4 coming this season, 1 the last two seasons and 0 the two before. Though his position doesn't require the scoring stat to rise so that's a bit misleading.[/quote']

Yeah, i meant this season really :D

Good point tho.

I think he has the style of essien, considering his age, he could reach the same heights.

wat a load of bull.

yes busquets is a better dm.

song is a better roaming defensive center mid tho and covers alot more of the pitch than busquets.

busquets is a better dm but cant head or run into the box aswell as song.

song can also play cb and deserves his 92' date=' how can you even argue with that?[/quote']

youve already proved you have no footballing knowledge by saying nani is awful so im not going to take any notice of this awful post

Alexandre Song

he will get a rise due to his minutes/arsenals position and that they are still in champs (just :eek:) and that he has made himself one of the 1st players on wengers teamsheet.

Now IMO he aint that special and the reason arsenal fans chum off him is because they know they need someone to do the job that he does and they have no-one else (since viera) so he stands out to them.

I think the day wenger goes out and spends some money and buys some world class players (instead of making his own, in his shed which always come out with a french accent, and deciding if to play for france or one of the frence speaking african countries) is the day they celebrate a world class battling CM ... BTW Id check wenger for ID fraud and human trafficking if i was anyone of authority......or not bored.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6_S5Y94ZNCNSgaM1gAT1Z1hYwpD_TR4FK9kWyjtCfrm3j6FW_NQ

same hairdressers BTW

can't believe he played for Liverpool!!!

oh no.... :rolleyes:

Why such a condescending reaction? Just because he has an opinion that differs from you? Suggesting that Busquets is a better player than Song is by no means outrageous' date=' and many people would agree with him - including myself.

Song's a good player, but I can't see him going above 93 in his career (although that's a rather bold statement given the length of time he has left in his career) unless Arsenal seriously pick up on their trophy-winning from, which they haven't done for so long. For that reason alone, Busquets will always be rated higher than Song despite the two players being somewhat comparable because Barcelona (and Spain, for that matter) will be winning more trophies than Arsenal on a consistent basis due to the level of competition in the two leagues (as well as the general superiority of Barcelona over most, if not all, European sides).

If Song is rated 92 at the end of this season, and Busquets is rated 94, then that will be a fair assessment of their abilities relative to the success that their side achieves (presuming Arsenal fail to achieve any trophies for a sixth [?'] consecutive season, which I fully expect them to, personally).

busquets is a better dm but cant head or run into the box aswell as song.

song can also play cb and deserves his 92' date=' how can you even argue with that?[/quote']

thought busquets had good game at CB the other day against Valencia TBH --- couple of good HEADERS there ---whoops sorry i forgot he cant head the ball and cant play CB... wait there how did they win 1-0.

SONG AND BUSQUETS -- sorry but IMO Busquets is better also as mentioned he has World cup winner medal that probably gets a couple of shines a week to his name and he plays for team top of la liga...

Also i bet if his job was to "run into the box" then he'd be quiet ept at that too... but i bet if he was found making them runs PEP and his sore back wouldnt be to happy

thought busquets had good game at CB the other day against Valencia TBH --- couple of good HEADERS there ---whoops sorry i forgot he cant head the ball and cant play CB... wait there how did they win 1-0.

SONG AND BUSQUETS -- sorry but IMO Busquets is better also as mentioned he has World cup winner medal that probably gets a couple of shines a week to his name and he plays for team top of la liga...

Also i bet if his job was to "run into the box" then he'd be quiet ept at that too... but i bet if he was found making them runs PEP and his sore back wouldnt be to happy

yes but he doesnt make those runs because he is a different type pf player. yes they fill the same position on a soccer manager team sheet but they are different players in different systems.

Why such a condescending reaction? Just because he has an opinion that differs from you? Suggesting that Busquets is a better player than Song is by no means outrageous' date=' and many people would agree with him - including myself.

Song's a good player, but I can't see him going above 93 in his career (although that's a rather bold statement given the length of time he has left in his career) unless Arsenal seriously pick up on their trophy-winning from, which they haven't done for so long. For that reason alone, Busquets will always be rated higher than Song despite the two players being somewhat comparable because Barcelona (and Spain, for that matter) will be winning more trophies than Arsenal on a consistent basis due to the level of competition in the two leagues (as well as the general superiority of Barcelona over most, if not all, European sides).

If Song is rated 92 at the end of this season, and Busquets is rated 94, then that will be a fair assessment of their abilities relative to the success that their side achieves (presuming Arsenal fail to achieve any trophies for a sixth [?'] consecutive season, which I fully expect them to, personally).

You've salvaged a thread which in so many ways shows what's wrong with many discussions on this forum. The big difference is that the points raised here are JUSTIFIED (:eek:) Can't disagree with a word tbh.

IMO both are capable of playing CB (tall and strong). Song has CB already in SM, maybe cause of more experience at CB?? Busquets will always get an advantage every review cause Barca always win the league and is a world cup winner at the age of 22. So okay I agree Busquets is better, no denying it but this doesnt mean that just because Busquets is better that song shouldnt rise. Its about how the player performs individually that matters the most. I believe song has done it to get 92. I dont know why Busquets is being mentioned. To be honest its Busquets awards with world cup and la liga that got him the rise, Arsenal are in a decent position anyway but lets just look at these players out of their teams. Should song really be 2 behind, maybe 3 if Busquets rises and song doesnt?

The whole position thing is a bit of a joke in this game sometimes in all honesty.

Essien is CM/DM

VAN BOMMEL is CM/DM

Pirlo is CM/DM

And Song is DM/CB

And I'm no longer sure if the whole thing about the "primary" or "secondary" position are still taking effect or not... since sometimes the game engine is acting a bit "odd". Many months ago, any veteran manager can tell you that no matter how many times you played a RM/RB player at RB, he will played badly and get low match rating comparing to the rest of your players.

How I wish SM had 3 or more "main" positions. :)

The whole position thing is a bit of a joke in this game sometimes in all honesty.

Essien is CM/DM

VAN BOMMEL is CM/DM

Pirlo is CM/DM

And Song is DM/CB

And I'm no longer sure if the whole thing about the "primary" or "secondary" position are still taking effect or not... since sometimes the game engine is acting a bit "odd". Many months ago' date=' any veteran manager can tell you that no matter how many times you played a RM/RB player at RB, he will played badly and get low match rating comparing to the rest of your players.

How I wish SM had 3 or more "main" positions. :)[/quote']

Song will probably change to DM/CM this change. The reason he is currently DM/CB is because he had to fill in on several occasions at CB last season for Arsenal. Since he hasn't played there this season, he'll more than likely revert to DM/CM (I don't think he should change to CM/DM because he is primarily a defensive-minded mifielder).

As for the whole primary/secondary issue, a player will play just as well in either their primary or secondary position.

Why such a condescending reaction? Just because he has an opinion that differs from you? Suggesting that Busquets is a better player than Song is by no means outrageous' date=' and many people would agree with him - including myself.[/quote']

Spurs fan, Alex Song, Barca player.

That's all. :)

Sergio Busquets' date=' Gareth Bale, Darren Fletcher.

Just a few examples of players that have gone from underrated to vastly overrated in the space of a year...[/quote']

fletcher and busquets arent overrated as they will never ain the same status as playmakers despite the fact they are just as important for the team.