Pato or Aguero  

1. 1.

• Pato
    • Aguero

Re: Pato or Aguero

Kun is better. But for SM' date=' Pato would probably be a better signing.[/quote']

Based on what??How is Aguero better?I think my sig answers your question,Pato any day,he plays for a better club,is in better form,and is actually a starter for his National Team.

Based on what??How is Aguero better?I think my sig answers your question' date='Pato any day,he plays for a better club,is in better form,and is actually a starter for his National Team.[/quote']

Based on many things... Pato is great but Aguero is pure magic. At 17 years old he was the best player in the Argentinian League. In 2007-08 Aguero won La Liga Player of the Season aged only 19, scored 27 goals and took Atletico in to the Champions League for the first time in a decade pretty much by himself. He also won the U20 World Cup in 2007 on his own winning the Golden Boot and Golden Ball. In the 2008 Olympics, semi-final Argentina vs. Pato's Brazil, Kun scored twice and won a penalty for Riquelme in a 3-0 win. You say that 'Pato actually starts for his national team' well... Argentina have the best attackers in the World, at least Kun actually went to the World Cup :o

I was going to say that if you compare goals then Pato will look better, but that's wrong. You say that Pato is in better form but Kun has more goals than him this season, and has scored at least 20 goals in the last three seasons (and will do so this year too). Pato has never even got 20 in a single season, despite playing for the best team in Italy and in an inferior league. He may have a better goal to game ratio but he doesn't do any where near as much for Milan as Kun does for Atleti. Some fans have even gone as far as saying than Kun is the best player in the club's history. Obviously I can't say for sure but if if you put Pato in a club like Atleti I couldn't see him having that impact.

Maybe I am incredibly biased, but I've watched Kun every week for the last 5 years and I think if you put him in a huge team he would show that he really is one of the best in the world. It pains me to say but he is very restricted in a club like Atletico, although I hope for selfish reasons he stays for a long time :)

Guys i ended up buying Aguero.

Deal was: Aguero = Chamakh + Vucinic + 16.

My new starting line up is below, think i have decreased the versitility of my team getting rid of those 2 players.

Im abit short now for options i think.

What you guys think???

Should i offer Benzema for Pato?

----------------Lloris-------------------

Arbeloa---Albiol---Mertesscker---Coentrao

---------Khedira----Mascherano--------

Benzema-------Silva-------------Ozil----

---------------Aguero-------------------

Subs:

1. Heitinga = CB Coverage

2. Sane = LB & RB Coverage

3. Di Maria = LM Coverage

4. Gervinhio = RM Coverage

5. Sow = Striker Coverage

6. Eriksen = AM Coverage

7. Sahin = CM Coverage

Futue Hopefuls:

Lacazette

P Jones

S Savic

Nwankwo

J Ayew

Araujo

Deulofeu

D Schmidt

Guys i ended up buying Aguero.

Deal was: Aguero = Chamakh + Vucinic + 16.

My new starting line up is below' date=' think i have decreased the versitility of my team getting rid of those 2 players.

Im abit short now for options i think.

What you guys think???

Should i offer Benzema for Pato?

----------------Lloris-------------------

Arbeloa---Albiol---Mertesscker---Coentrao

---------Khedira----Mascherano--------

Benzema-------Silva-------------Ozil----

---------------Aguero-------------------

Subs:

1. Heitinga = CB Coverage

2. Sane = LB & RB Coverage

3. Di Maria = LM Coverage

4. Gervinhio = RM Coverage

5. Sow = Striker Coverage

6. Eriksen = AM Coverage

7. Sahin = CM Coverage

Futue Hopefuls:

Lacazette

P Jones

S Savic

Nwankwo

J Ayew

Araujo

Deulofeu

D Schmidt[/quote']

Lol you basically disregarded all the advice :P tbh you couldn't go too wrong either way, although Aguero might be in danger of a drop.

Pato for Benzema would be a very good deal (for you)

btw to the guy that said Aguero is scoring more in a better league, you do realise Pato is playing in Serie A? Defensively the strongest league in the world, right...

Lol you basically disregarded all the advice :P tbh you couldn't go too wrong either way' date=' although Aguero might be in danger of a drop.

Pato for Benzema would be a very good deal (for you)[/quote']

I prob would have preffered to get Pato however i did not want to risk not getting either of them. If i had canceled my Aguero deal

and then wasnt able to get Pato i would have been gutted.

Thinking now i may have given up too much :-(

I prob would have preffered to get Pato however i did not want to risk not getting either of them. If i had canceled my Aguero deal

and then wasnt able to get Pato i would have been gutted.

Thinking now i may have given up too much :-(

Fair enough then mate. Is Pato managed or not? You might be able to sign him aswell...

Fair enough then mate. Is Pato managed or not? You might be able to sign him aswell...

Ye mate nearly all the teams are managed and very tough to sign players.

I have put a sneaky bid in for pato,

Albiol + Sow, would then change formation to 3-4-3.

--------------------Lloris--------------------

Arbeloa--------Mertesacker-------Coentrao

Silva-------Khedira------Sahin----------Ozil

Benzema-----------Pato--------------Aguero

Highly doubtful that will happen but would be a pretty amazin line up!

btw to the guy that said Aguero is scoring more in a better league' date=' you do realise Pato is playing in Serie A? Defensively the strongest league in the world, right...[/quote']

Maybe a few years ago, but not so much anymore. At the moment I don't think there is too much between defences in Serie A and La Liga, the standard of attacking play is just a lot stronger in Spain.

I understand why people would buy Pato over Aguero in SM, but I don't see how anybody who has seen them both play regularly over the last few seasons could say that Pato is the better player. Both of their ratings are a fair reflection on their ability IMO (okay maybe Pato deserves 93), regardless of the club they are in.

Maybe a few years ago' date=' but not so much anymore. At the moment I don't think there is too much between defences in Serie A and La Liga, the standard of attacking play is just a lot stronger in Spain.

[/quote']

Cannot disagree with that statement more.

Don't let Barca, Real and the co-efficients mislead you. Defensively Serie A is superior, it's in their footballing culture/blood. Other than the afore mentioned which other Spanish sides have such strong offensive qualities? Beyond Real and Barca no other team is averaging two goals a game (Villarreal third at 1.7) Only 7 teams in Spain actually have a positive goal difference! So I don't see what you do (There's 10 teams in Italy with a positive GD btw)

Only 4 teams in Spain have actually conceded fewer than 30 goals (nice round number and nearly equates to a goal a game) whereas in Italy 10 teams have conceded 30 goals or less, half the league! There's no doubt that Serie A is stronger defensively by far.

I wonder if we took out Barca and Real from La Liga and Milan and Inter from Serie A which league would be truly considered stronger?

Based on many things... Pato is great but Aguero is pure magic. At 17 years old he was the best player in the Argentinian League. In 2007-08 Aguero won La Liga Player of the Season aged only 19' date=' scored 27 goals and took Atletico in to the Champions League for the first time in a decade pretty much by himself. He also won the U20 World Cup in 2007 on his own winning the Golden Boot and Golden Ball. In the 2008 Olympics, semi-final Argentina vs. Pato's Brazil, Kun scored twice and won a penalty for Riquelme in a 3-0 win. You say that 'Pato actually starts for his national team' well... Argentina have the best attackers in the World, at least Kun actually went to the World Cup :o

I was going to say that if you compare goals then Pato will look better, but that's wrong. You say that Pato is in better form but Kun has more goals than him this season, and has scored at least 20 goals in the last three seasons (and will do so this year too). Pato has never even got 20 in a single season, despite playing for the best team in Italy and in an inferior league. He may have a better goal to game ratio but he doesn't do any where near as much for Milan as Kun does for Atleti. Some fans have even gone as far as saying than Kun is the best player in the club's history. Obviously I can't say for sure but if if you put Pato in a club like Atleti I couldn't see him having that impact.

Maybe I am incredibly biased, but I've watched Kun every week for the last 5 years and I think if you put him in a huge team he would show that he really is one of the best in the world. It pains me to say but he is very restricted in a club like Atletico, although I hope for selfish reasons he stays for a long time :)[/quote']

Sure what Kun did in the past is great but at the moment Pato is better,and Pato didn't go to the World Cup because of injury problem's and Dunga..If Pato stays healthy he is better than Kun,both are great but Pato is better ATM.When Kun moves to a bigger club we will really see who is better.

Don't let Barca' date=' Real and the co-efficients mislead you. Defensively Serie A is superior, it's in their footballing culture/blood. Other than the afore mentioned which other Spanish sides have such strong offensive qualities? Beyond Real and Barca no other team is averaging two goals a game (Villarreal third at 1.7) Only 7 teams in Spain actually have a positive goal difference! So I don't see what you do (There's 10 teams in Italy with a positive GD btw)

Only 4 teams in Spain have actually conceded fewer than 30 goals (nice round number and nearly equates to a goal a game) whereas in Italy 10 teams have conceded 30 goals or less, half the league! There's no doubt that Serie A is stronger defensively by far.

I wonder if we took out Barca and Real from La Liga and Milan and Inter from Serie A which league would be truly considered stronger?[/quote']

firstly, italy concede more because they are poor attacking wise maybe... ?

but the main statement i agree with is the comparison of the rest of the table. the fact only 4 teams have a positive GD is ridiculous.

the spanish league would be awful without barca and madrid. lets look at an example.

england, man united play wigan or bottom of the league teams like WBA, they still try and get close. if the ref wasn't a fool WBA win.

in spain they roll over and there's almost 10 5-0 or more thrashings. la liga is a pointless league. and for those who say madrid and barca are just that good, lets see how well they do in the champions league. on history madrid are not actually that good, the rubbish league just makes them look that good.

firstly' date=' italy concede more because they are poor attacking wise maybe... ?

but the main statement i agree with is the comparison of the rest of the table. the fact only 4 teams have a positive GD is ridiculous.

the spanish league would be awful without barca and madrid. lets look at an example.

england, man united play wigan or bottom of the league teams like WBA, they still try and get close. if the ref wasn't a fool WBA win.

in spain they roll over and there's almost 10 5-0 or more thrashings. la liga is a pointless league. and for those who say madrid and barca are just that good, lets see how well they do in the champions league. on history madrid are not actually that good, the rubbish league just makes them look that good.[/quote']

Italy don't concede more they concede less, maybe a typo on your part?

Theres 713 goals in La Liga (140 by the top 2!) 656 in Serie A I believe (only 90 by the top 2) Take those out and you will see offensively the rest of the leagues are quite even. So no I don't accept Serie A is offensively poorer just that Real and Barca dramatically skew things in Spain.

It's the distribution of goals which is most interesting and the GA column, big difference surely that 10 teams in Serie A vs 4 in La Liga have conceded 30 or less.

(by the same token I might concede the bottom of Serie A is therefore slightly weaker)

Italy don't concede more they concede less' date=' maybe a typo on your part?

Theres 713 goals in La Liga (140 by the top 2!) 656 in Serie A I believe (only 90 by the top 2) Take those out and you will see offensively the rest of the leagues are quite even. So no I don't accept Serie A is offensively poorer just that Real and Barca dramatically skew things in Spain.

It's the distribution of goals which is most interesting and the GA column, big difference surely that 10 teams in Serie A vs 4 in La Liga have conceded 30 or less.

(by the same token I might concede the bottom of Serie A is therefore slightly weaker)[/quote']

yeah that was a typo !

your right i do agree with you, was just proving another angle to look at things.

agree that pato isn't an an easier league though, barca and madrid cloud peoples judgements

I had another big argument prepared but just managed to lose it all :mad:

You make a good point, and I don't want to turn this into a La Liga vs. Serie A debate, but if you watch the games there is generally a more positive outlook and more attacking football in La Liga games. As for Real and Barca, they are by far the two best teams in the world, when teams go to the Camp Nou/Bernabeu they know they have very little chance, and it would be exactly the same if they were in Serie A. Unfortunately because of financial reasons, it will be a while before the other teams in La Liga can compete again, but it doesn't mean they are bad at all. The performance of Italian teams in Europe this season shows just how much the standard has dropped in the last decade.

I do think that defences in Serie A are slightly stronger, but it is easier for Pato to score goals in Italy when he plays for the strongest team. He has great players around him, whereas Kun plays in a team where he is the main man and has to do a lot more by himself. Fair enough if you think Pato is better (which most people seem to), but I don't think he does as much as Kun at the moment, and SM reflect this in the ratings.

I had another big argument prepared but just managed to lose it all :mad:

You make a good point' date=' and I don't want to turn this into a La Liga vs. Serie A debate, but if you watch the games there is generally a more positive outlook and more attacking football in La Liga games. As for Real and Barca, they are by far the two best teams in the world, when teams go to the Camp Nou/Bernabeu they know they have very little chance, and it would be exactly the same if they were in Serie A. Unfortunately because of financial reasons, it will be a while before the other teams in La Liga can compete again, but it doesn't mean they are bad at all. The performance of Italian teams in Europe this season shows just how much the standard has dropped in the last decade.

I do think that defences in Serie A are slightly stronger, but it is easier for Pato to score goals in Italy when he plays for the strongest team. He has great players around him, whereas Kun plays in a team where he is the main man and has to do a lot more by himself. Fair enough if you think Pato is better (which most people seem to), but I don't think he does as much as Kun at the moment, and SM reflect this in the ratings.[/quote']

I don't really have an opinion on Pato or Aguero both are so young it becomes a debate about potential which is 'impossible' is so many ways. I do think Aguero might be further down the 'develop line' than Pato but if Pato became 'better' I wouldn't be surprised likewise if Aguero over-shadowed him, I wouldn't be :eek:

No doubt Serie A's quality is decreasing (can't compete financially with the Prem or Spain's big two) but I do think the extent is sometimes over-exaggerated.

I take your point about Milan over Atletico though but I can't help but feel the way Italian teams set up makes it harder for strikers in general in Serie A regardless of team. Atletico have some qualities offensive players, if they didn't then I'd give this even more weight.

I do think La Liga is quite average though, especially when you look at the 'best of the rest' in Europe, i.e. Valencia struggling versus a bottom of the table Schalke side :o

Don't let Barca' date=' Real and the co-efficients mislead you. Defensively Serie A is superior, it's in their footballing culture/blood. Other than the afore mentioned which other Spanish sides have such strong offensive qualities? Beyond Real and Barca no other team is averaging two goals a game (Villarreal third at 1.7) Only 7 teams in Spain actually have a positive goal difference! So I don't see what you do (There's 10 teams in Italy with a positive GD btw)

I wonder if we took out Barca and Real from La Liga and Milan and Inter from Serie A which league would be truly considered stronger?[/quote']

unfortunately for you SM dont follow opinions they follow rankings. Italy is 4th is the rankings now behind Germany and France are not too far from taking over italy.

IMO i think you did the right deal - Pato didnt hit 93 this time round and it'll be a while till he does - aguero is currently 94 - worse case scenario he will drop to 93 (due to athletico's form)and he is still higher - also again IMO he will move in summer for stupid money and help his ratings stay high.