The Blizzard

RoKo7

I would guess based on previous conversations that this might be the sort of thing to interest a few forumers.

The Blizzard is a new quarterly publication put together by the fantastic Jonathan Wilson with contributions from some of football's finest (certainly a few of my favourite) writers. The first issue alone contains articles by Messrs Marcotti, Auclair and Honigstein. Issue Zero is available as a PDF and is a 'pay-what-you-want' job, although fair warning, it's a minimum of £0.01 so no complete freebies.

http://www.theblizzard.co.uk/

• 6 months later...
Guest Daragh

Re: The Blizzard

Remember listening to a podcast some time ago which had James Horncastle as a guest and hearing about this project set up by Jonathan Wilson. The line-up is great, Marcotti and Horncastle being two personal favourites of mine. Totally forgot about it though, until I came across this thread earlier. Unfortunately Issue Zero is sold out, but have just ordered Issue One and Two. Should make for a fascinating read!

Have you read any yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Whoops. Apologies at my tardiness, haven't been around for a while.

If you like Gab Marcotti and James Horncastle I'd imagine it's right up your street. Issue Zero is but a dim and distant memory as I only got the digital copy but the first two proper editions have been great. I particularly loved Sid Lowe's interview with Lillo, who is a fascinating character, in #1, but the stuff on le Harve, Jonathan Wilson's Bilardista piece and Tim Vickery's column were all great too. And of couse The Ballad of Bobby Manager makes for a nice change of pace in both copies. I haven't finished #2 yet but the Clairefontaine piece was thoroughly enjoyable and I'd imagine Horncastle's Gianna Brera stuff will be like football **** for you.

Comfortably the best football magazine around at the moment, so much better than When Saturday Comes, which is the best of the rest, that it's embarrassing.

• 2 weeks later...

Books arrived earlier this week. In the midst of reading Issue One. Fastastic read thus far. Loved Sid Lowe's interview with Lillo. Such an intriguing character, with a fascinating and unique outlook on the game.

• 6 months later...
Guest SM Dev (Ste)

The Blizzard

Hi guys,

Does anyone currently subscribe to The Blizzard?

The Blizzard is a quarterly publication - part book, part magazine, put together by top journalists and authors from across the globe like Jonathan Wilson (editor), Graham Hunter, Gabriele Marcotti, Michael Cox (who owns the brilliant website Zonal Marking) and many many others.

You can read about The Blizzard on Wikipedia and you'll also see a full list of contributors from past issues. There are two reviews for you to read as well from The Guardian and the Sabotage Times.

We've teamed up with The Blizzard and tomorrow we'll have free digital copies to give away to all our members.