German Changes

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: German Changes Well I just looked through the whole thread! (starting after the old rating changes). I have listed many players and hopefully did not reapeat any. Here you go: Bayern Munchen Ze

Re: German Changes Demichelis 91 - 92/93 altintop 89-91 jerome boateng 83-86+ petric 89-91 kroos 73-80 toni

Re: German Changes Not making this easy for me are ya Tom?? Ok' date=' here is the squad as per the club's website: [b']Weidenfeller, Roman (1)[/b] 06.08.1980 (1st choice GK. Solid but nit specia

Re: German Changes

Well' date=' well, well .... since a couple of you have worked hard and done lots of research (**** of a post millzy_7 - rep for you for effort mate :) ) I have decided that I better play along and reveal my black little pony! :)

Interestingly enough lil_kid picked him first but said he didn't like the player. I'd be interested to know why that is?

Millzy_7 also skirted around him but was fooled by his lack of goal scoring abilities (very foolish my friend). How many goals does a Michael Carrick or Xabi Alonso score? Not many but they can be the heart of a team, not to mention the engine room.

At Hamburg, David Jarolim is having an excellent season in 2007/08. Despite suffering a knee injury that's set to keep him out for a few weeks, he has arguably been the clubs best player, on par with Van Der Vaart imho. It has been his skill and work ethic that has enabled the dutch maestro to play that AM role that he is so good at, in the process bagging 7 goals (3 of which were penalties) in the 9 games he's played. :eek:

As was rightly pointed out, Jarolim hasn't scored as yet this season but has assisted on 3 occasions. ;)

I believe that the reason Hamburg are in 2nd place on the BL table, and just 2 points behind early season run away leaders Bayern, is due to Jarolim, Van Der Vaart and Vincent Kompany (in that order) :rolleyes:

I think he deserves to go to 90 and could even get to 91 by the end of the season. Who knows, if Hamburg win the title he could even follow in the footsteps of Pavel Pardo (Stuttgart's Jarolim from last season) and rise to 92 but for now I think a 1 point increase is most likely.

I hope SM are aware of his form, and don't just judge ratings on minutes played and goals/assists.

So, there you have it ;) I can see myself missing out on him in several set ups but there's more where he came from! :eek:

That's all for now, from the brain of Herby! :P[/quote']

Sorry Herby, I might have been wrong about Jarolim. You proved good points. I judged him by numbers and not how he plays. Also I have found another player who has been playing very well this season who's stats aren't that imprssive. He has played 11 games, scored no goals but has four assists. Not bad but he plays better than the numbers say. This player is Albert Streit. He has been one of the best players on Frankfurt (others have also been good,e.g Amanatidis and Nikolov) because he controls the game.

Sorry Herby' date=' I might have been wrong about Jarolim. You proved good points. I judged him by numbers and not how he plays. Also I have found another player who has been playing very well this season who's stats aren't that imprssive. He has played 11 games, scored no goals but has four assists. Not bad but he plays better than the numbers say. This player is Albert Streit. He has been one of the best players on Frankfurt (others have also been good,e.g Amanatidis and Nikolov) because he controls the game.[/quote']

Streit is good. He's one of the more skilled midfielders in Germany, especially for a german. Schalke has been trying to get him for a while, but somehow it never worked out.

I haven't really been mentioning players who I think should drop so I'll start now:

Markus Daun-84-82 He plays for Duisburg but not very often. He has played 9 games, 8 of them he was subbed on and 1 of them he was subbed off so he hasn't even played a full game. Even if he hasn't played much he hasn't scored or given any assists. Also he performed bad when he did play.

Peter Lovenkrands-88-86 Has played 10 games for Shalke, 6 games he was subbed on and 3 he was subbed off. Has only one assist and doesn't play well. Basically the same situation as Daun.

Thimothee Atouba-87-86 He has played 8 games with Hamburg and played most of them fully but my one main concern is that he hasn't been playing solid as defender. His performances are poor so I suggest a slight decrease to 86.

Jakub Blaszczykowski(a.k.a Kuba)-87-86 He was thought to be a very good transfer to Dortmund but he hasn't been playing *well. He has played most of Dortmunds games but has been subbed off for almost all of them. Has three assists though so I say only a slight decrease unless he can improve throughout the season.

Benjamin Lauth-86-84 Has been performing horrible for Hannover. Has played 10 games, 8 subbed on and 2 subbed off so he has played no full games. Also he has no goals or assists. He used to play well but I guess this is a bad season for him. 84 for me.

Ah cheers bro' date='yeah I got him recommended by the one and only Insider :)

I got rid of him not so long ago so i'm sorted..

Thanks again mate.[/quote']

That was before the season though, when he was expected to do well after playing great at Freiburg (?I think) for a few seasons :D

My stock seems to be decreasing on here... I'm due for another superpost soon!

That was before the season though' date=' when he was expected to do well after playing great at Freiburg (?I think) for a few seasons :D

My stock seems to be decreasing on here... I'm due for another superpost soon![/quote']

You've got your facts correct mate, Iashvilli played great last year at Freiburg and many were expecting him to get better. I wouldn't mind a Superpost, it would freshen my mood.

I haven't really been mentioning players who I think should drop so I'll start now:

Peter Lovenkrands-88-86 Has played 10 games for Shalke' date=' 6 games he was subbed on and 3 he was subbed off. Has only one assist and doesn't play well. Basically the same situation as Daun.

[b']Jakub Blaszczykowski[/b](a.k.a Kuba)-87-86 He was thought to be a very good transfer to Dortmund but he hasn't been playing *well. He has played most of Dortmunds games but has been subbed off for almost all of them. Has three assists though so I say only a slight decrease unless he can improve throughout the season.

I disagree

Kuba is a Polish International. 86 is too low for that. He's fine at 87. Just because someone gets subbed doesn't really mean he's playing bad. many coaches make similar changes week in week out because it's part of their strategy. Kuba for instance is a guy that the coach likes to bring late because he's quick and his dribbling can cause a lot of problems if the other team is tired.

Lovenkrands is a danish international. Schalke is a good team, and if you look at the midfielders and forwards, you'll see that the coach does a lot of rotation. For instance, he's got more appearances than Halil Altintop, who's an 89. Even Rakitic, who some claim should sky-rocket into the 90s, has gotten subbed in or out for the majority of his games.

let me guess' date=' the best one is Rakitic? he should rise to about 97 next time around?[/quote']

YES!! How did you know??!?! :D :D hehe

I'm serious now, they are average team, i watched them EVERY game this season, and i can say that i was dissapointed, i expected more from them, really. They DON'T have team spirit, they are just individuals. They have just few quality, class, players (Kurany, Ernst, Pander, Rakitic). And they have an idiot for coach. I tought that he is good coach. And about Rakitic, when you see him, you know that he is world class player, others are kids when you are comparing them with him. Maybe you are jealous that he is not playing for Switzerland hehe :D , Rakitic will rise to 89 probably

YES!! How did you know??!?! :D :D hehe

I'm serious now' date=' they are average team, i watched them EVERY game this season, and i can say that i was dissapointed, i expected more from them, really. They DON'T have team spirit, they are just individuals. They have just few quality, class, players (Kurany, Ernst, Pander, Rakitic). And they have an idiot for coach. I tought that he is good coach. And about Rakitic, when you see him, you know that he is world class player, others are kids when you are comparing them with him. Maybe you are jealous that he is not playing for Switzerland hehe :D , Rakitic will rise to 89 probably[/quote']

i couldn't care less about switzerland.

Schalke are playing bad right now, but they have consistently been one of the top 5 teams for the last few years. They'll get better as the season goes on.

I disagree

Kuba is a Polish International. 86 is too low for that. He's fine at 87. Just because someone gets subbed doesn't really mean he's playing bad. many coaches make similar changes week in week out because it's part of their strategy. Kuba for instance is a guy that the coach likes to bring late because he's quick and his dribbling can cause a lot of problems if the other team is tired.

Lovenkrands is a danish international. Schalke is a good team' date=' and if you look at the midfielders and forwards, you'll see that the coach does a lot of rotation. For instance, he's got more appearances than Halil Altintop, who's an 89. Even Rakitic, who some claim should sky-rocket into the 90s, has gotten subbed in or out for the majority of his games.[/quote']

Alright, first of all Kuba was the best player that I listed but I still think he needs a drop. You make a point by saying many players are subbed on and off but Kuba has been subbed off 8 out off 11 games which probably means he doesn't have much stamina. That's one disadvantage but also when he plays he plays below average. Also concerning your international point, he has only played approximately 10 games for Poland. Also Podolski does very well internationally but not well for Bayern so many people say he needs a decrease. Kuba doesn't even play that well internationally so I still think that he should go down to 86. Now to Lovenkrands who is in dear need of a decrease. Internationally he plays, but not well. He has like what, 1 goal internationally and he's a striker. Your Halil point is also misleading. Please do research before posting. Altintop got injured and that is why he has played less than lovenkrands. By the way he still has more goals than Lovenkrands. Once again it doesn't matter if he plays internationally or if he's the most famous soccer player in the world if he doesn't perform well. In the regular season, Champions league and DFB pokal he has performed poorly and that's the bottom line.

I have found a player who needs a raise. Sejad Salihovic is his name and he plays for Hoffenheim. He is rated 80. He has played 11 *games and has 6 assists. He is a midfielder so you could say that he is hoffenheims play maker. He has done well considering that Hoffenheim are 8th place and they just came up from the Regionalliga sud. I think he deserves to go from an 80 to 82/83.

Alright' date=' first of all Kuba was the best player that I listed but I still think he needs a drop. You make a point by saying many players are subbed on and off but Kuba has been subbed off 8 out off 11 games which probably means he doesn't have much stamina. That's one disadvantage but also when he plays he plays below average. Also concerning your international point, he has only played approximately 10 games for Poland. Also Podolski does very well internationally but not well for Bayern so many people say he needs a decrease. Kuba doesn't even play that well internationally so I still think that he should go down to 86. Now to Lovenkrands who is in dear need of a decrease. Internationally he plays, but not well. He has like what, 1 goal internationally and he's a striker. Your Halil point is also misleading. Please do research before posting. Altintop got injured and that is why he has played less than lovenkrands. By the way he still has more goals than Lovenkrands. Once again it doesn't matter if he plays internationally or if he's the most famous soccer player in the world if he doesn't perform well. In the regular season, Champions league and DFB pokal he has performed poorly and that's the bottom line.[/quote']

Kuba has played 10 out of 12 games in UEFA qualifying, helping put Poland on top of group A ahead of Portugal and Serbia. That makes him better than 86 alone. 86 is a low rating for an international that still regularly plays at the club level, especially considering that the other starting midfielders (with exception of Federico who is due for a raise anyway) are all 87 and up. Your Podolski point is misleading. Podolski has been playing bad (or been injured) since summer of 2006, which is a much longer time than Kuba's 12 games in the Bundesliga. Last season in Poland Kuba he was doing quite well.

Lovenkrands has not played much worse than most of the other attacking players at Schalke. None of them have been goalscoring machines. Fact is that he still is being played regularly in a team that consists of players 88 and up (after players like Jones, Rakitic, etc. are adjusted).

PS: i don't own either of these players and i'm a stuttgart fan. it's too early to decrease them right now. If they keep playing bad through the winter, then i'd agree.

Kuba has played 10 out of 12 games in UEFA qualifying' date=' helping put Poland on top of group A ahead of Portugal and Serbia. That makes him better than 86 alone. 86 is a low rating for an international that still regularly plays at the club level, especially considering that the other starting midfielders (with exception of Federico who is due for a raise anyway) are all 87 and up. Your Podolski point is misleading. Podolski has been playing bad (or been injured) since summer of 2006, which is a much longer time than Kuba's 12 games in the Bundesliga. Last season in Poland Kuba he was doing quite well.

Lovenkrands has not played much worse than most of the other attacking players at Schalke. None of them have been goalscoring machines. Fact is that he still is being played regularly in a team that consists of players 88 and up (after players like Jones, Rakitic, etc. are adjusted).

PS: i don't own either of these players and i'm a stuttgart fan. it's too early to decrease them right now. If they keep playing bad through the winter, then i'd agree.[/quote']

Alright so I guess we should wait and see how they play in the future, then we'll judge their performances.

Alright so I guess we should wait and see how they play in the future' date=' then we'll judge their performances.[/quote']

we can do whatever we want. i'm just saying my opinion, you are saying yours, in the end SM will decide. I just think that the Kuba drop would be little harsh.

Snike is right, SM have the final say but I know for a fact that the ppl who look at ratings changes keep and eye on the forum and I'm sure have had a gander at this post.

Whether they agree with certain indivduals in their assessments of players will depend on how well the case is presented and supported by facts.

All you can do is shine the spotlight on the player you wish to highlight and the rest is up to facts, and football related ones at that. ie henry's wife is HOT, I think he should go up to 98 because of that alone is NOT a valid reason (even if it is true!) :D

So, let's keep to discussing players shall we?? ;)

Herby

p.s. Nice to see you posting again Snike, thought we had lost you there along the way somewhere! GO STUTTGART ... midtable now! :D

So' date=' let's keep to discussing players shall we?? ;) [/quote']

will do. Here are some that could rise because of their appearances.

Kennedy, 80: Played 11 games in the league, mostly being subbed in. Deserves a few points. I don't like him too much though. He's like Crouch without any skills. so basically just a tall guy.

Tremmel, 81: looks like Cottbus have finally decided to switch goalies. If he keeps his spot, this guy will rise by the end of the season.

Brecko, 82: getting some time at Hamburg now.

Rostock guys: Rathgeb, Bulow, Stein have been playing regularly and probably deserve around mid 80s.

Beck: is starting to get some time at Stuttgart and is a good long term prospect

Also, Ivan Klasnic played again for the Bremen reserves. If he finds back to his old form, he'll be a nice riser in the long term.