German Changes

Re: German Changes

Kennedy' date=' 80: Played 11 games in the league, mostly being subbed in. Deserves a few points. I don't like him too much though. He's like Crouch without any skills. so basically just a tall guy.

[/quote']

He's an aussie :D

I tend to agree, although he did quite well when he played at Dresden. Has missed a lot of last season and even this one with injury!

I'd expect him to rise to 84/85 by end of the season.

I agree on the rest, especially the Klasnic and Beck verdicts.

Since you watch a lot of games, I'd like to pick your brain on the following subject - GERMAN GOALKEEPERS

Much has been written and said about the new breed of Goalkeepers in the Bundesliga.

Rensing, Adler and Neuer could be the trio for the next decade and beyond. How do you rate them?

Michael Rensing has played a bit of late due to Kahn's injury - rated 85 what does the future hold for this lad? Bayern's new No.1 in 2008/09? Will he also make the German squad by then?

Rene Adler has arguably been the best keeper in the league this season. Leverkusen are mixing it at the top, partly due to his form between the sticks, can he make the Euro 2008 squad as 3rd choice. Has he overtaken Neuer in the rankings for Germany's future No.1? Rated 87 he must surely increase but will be make 90?

Manuel Neuer was by far THE best GK in the BL last season. Made a string of world class saves and almost managed to win Schalke the title. Has had an indifferent season and made uncharacteristic mistakes. Is the pressure getting to him? Has he just been unlucky? Already rated 90, can we expect him to rise higher, or will he drop next time around due to poor form atm?

Let's hear it Snike-baby! :D

P.S. Whilst on the topic of GKs - Markus Miller

I know he recently injured his knee and is set to miss the rest of the season, which is bad luck for him, but he has been very impressive by all accounts and from the highlights that I have seen. What do you think the future holds for the 1.89m tall GK @ Karlsruhe?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: German Changes Well I just looked through the whole thread! (starting after the old rating changes). I have listed many players and hopefully did not reapeat any. Here you go: Bayern Munchen Ze

Re: German Changes Demichelis 91 - 92/93 altintop 89-91 jerome boateng 83-86+ petric 89-91 kroos 73-80 toni

Re: German Changes Not making this easy for me are ya Tom?? Ok' date=' here is the squad as per the club's website: [b']Weidenfeller, Roman (1)[/b] 06.08.1980 (1st choice GK. Solid but nit specia

Since we're on the topic of goalkeepers I checked for some keepers from the second Bundesliga and they are in for a rise in rating:

Phillip Tschauner - Is still 22, isn't the starting keeper fro 1860 Munchen but does get some games in every once in a while. Since Munchen are doing well this season I'm guessing they will be promoted this year and Tschauner might get more playing time.

Daniel Haas - Starting keeper for Hoffenheim and is currently rated 77. He needs a raise for that but also he has been one of the best keepers in the second Bundesliga.

Florian Fromlowitz - He has been possibly the best keeper in the second Bundesliga. He's also only 21 and is starting for Kaiserslautern who used to be good (unfortunately no more).

Herbs,

Neuer hasn't impressed me all that much this season, possibly due to the standard we have come to expect from him after last season's achievements.

Still not deserving of the 91 yet if you ask me.

Rensing should defo increase, maybe to 87 or max 88, while Adler should get an 89 tops.

I was just wondering this is well. Klose and Toni and Lucio are already the highest rated players in the Bundesliga (in terms of SM ratings), so if they increase wouldn't the likes of Diego and Rafa also stand a chance of going up?

After all, Hamburg and Rafa are also in the Uefa Cup, while Bremen are improving and are in the Champs League...

It wouldnt surprise me TBH if both Toni and Klose don't get a rise.

Finally, guys please buy jerome Boateng. He WILL move up, you have my word on that!

and also keep and eye on this 18 year old guy also from HSV, eric choupo moting or something like that. he may get an increase following 7 sub appearances (currently rated 77, could make a 80 maybe 81?)

Since we're on the topic of goalkeepers I checked for some keepers from the second Bundesliga and they are in for a rise in rating:

Phillip Tschauner - Is still 22' date=' isn't the starting keeper fro 1860 Munchen but does get some games in every once in a while. Since Munchen are doing well this season I'm guessing they will be promoted this year and Tschauner might get more playing time.

[b']Florian Fromlowitz[/b] - He has been possibly the best keeper in the second Bundesliga. He's also only 21 and is starting for Kaiserslautern who used to be good (unfortunately no more).

Tschauner was starting goalkeeper at the beginning of this season. Then he tore his ACL. Scheduled to be back for the 2nd half of the season, but who knows with that type of injury.

Fromlowitz also hurt his knee and might even miss the whole remainder of the season.

but yes, those two are top young goalkeeping talents and expert say they'll be competing with Neuer and Adler for future time in the national team

He's an aussie :D

I tend to agree' date=' although he did quite well when he played at Dresden. Has missed a lot of last season and even this one with injury!

I'd expect him to rise to 84/85 by end of the season.

I agree on the rest, especially the Klasnic and Beck verdicts.

Since you watch a lot of games, I'd like to pick your brain on the following subject - GERMAN GOALKEEPERS

Much has been written and said about the new breed of Goalkeepers in the Bundesliga.

Rensing, Adler and Neuer could be the trio for the next decade and beyond. How do you rate them?

[b']Michael Rensing[/b] has played a bit of late due to Kahn's injury - rated 85 what does the future hold for this lad? Bayern's new No.1 in 2008/09? Will he also make the German squad by then?

Rene Adler has arguably been the best keeper in the league this season. Leverkusen are mixing it at the top, partly due to his form between the sticks, can he make the Euro 2008 squad as 3rd choice. Has he overtaken Neuer in the rankings for Germany's future No.1? Rated 87 he must surely increase but will be make 90?

Manuel Neuer was by far THE best GK in the BL last season. Made a string of world class saves and almost managed to win Schalke the title. Has had an indifferent season and made uncharacteristic mistakes. Is the pressure getting to him? Has he just been unlucky? Already rated 90, can we expect him to rise higher, or will he drop next time around due to poor form atm?

Let's hear it Snike-baby! :D

P.S. Whilst on the topic of GKs - Markus Miller

I know he recently injured his knee and is set to miss the rest of the season, which is bad luck for him, but he has been very impressive by all accounts and from the highlights that I have seen. What do you think the future holds for the 1.89m tall GK @ Karlsruhe?

Well, Neuer and Adler are on the same level for me, though Adler has had better recent form. Neuer has had a little bit more pressure because Schalke is a bigger club and he's playing champions league. He's made mistakes, but for me it's not that big of a deal. He's young, so as long as he learns from it, he'll actually be better off.

Rensing shouldn't be compared with them. Don't get me wrong, the guy is talented and might be playing in the national team easily. People who've seen him develop (Bayern staff) keep saying he is destined for great things. But for me and probably most fans, so far he hasn't played much and it's too early to judge him.

All of them are good buys though because they'll be playing for a long time.

As for Miller, I have only watched one Karlsruhe game against Stuttgart because I dislike Karlsruhe. So I can't comment on him too much.

Enke is another guy that gets mentioned a lot for time on the national team. He's good and his rating is accurate.

Tschauner was starting goalkeeper at the beginning of this season. Then he tore his ACL. Scheduled to be back for the 2nd half of the season' date=' but who knows with that type of injury.

Fromlowitz also hurt his knee and might even miss the whole remainder of the season.

but yes, those two are top young goalkeeping talents and expert say they'll be competing with Neuer and Adler for future time in the national team[/quote']

Sorry didn't hear about those injuries. But when they were playing they played well so I'm guessing they will rise.

I have checked many players in the second Bundesliga and saw Antonio Di Salvo many times but have neglected to mention him for some strange reason. He is rated 83, played 12 games for Munchen, scored 7 goals, 1 *assist and has played quite well. Also he has played great in the DFB pokal. He scored 4 goals and got 1 assist in 2 games, sounds good to me. I say he should go up to 85 and if he keeps playing well maybe even 86.

Can anyone tell me how Arturo Vidal is doing at Bayer Leverkusen.

I see he is starting most games, but how well is he playing. Also, what position is he playing. I know one of the issues with him is that he does not have a settled position. He is currently a DM, but was a LB/CB. Still think he should be a defender.

A likely rise to 88 or even 89?.

I see he is starting most games' date=' but how well is he playing. Also, what position is he playing. I know one of the issues with him is that he does not have a settled position. He is currently a DM, but was a LB/CB. Still think he should be a defender.

A likely rise to 88 or even 89?.[/quote']

He's playing ok. He started at left back, but now they have put him into the midfield. For having played less than half a season in a european league, i think 87 is fine for now, but towards the second half of the season his rating could be adjusted.

I see he is starting most games' date=' but how well is he playing. Also, what position is he playing. I know one of the issues with him is that he does not have a settled position. He is currently a DM, but was a LB/CB. Still think he should be a defender.

A likely rise to 88 or even 89?.[/quote']

According to my sources he's been playing as a defender all season. He has played well so far and if he plays just a tad better the rest of the season he'll probably get a rise.

According to my sources he's been playing as a defender all season. He has played well so far and if he plays just a tad better the rest of the season he'll probably get a rise.

No, he only played defender like 1 or 2 games. The rest of the time he was in midfield. This might change though when Schneider comes back from injury.

No' date=' he only played defender like 1 or 2 games. The rest of the time he was in midfield. This might change though when Schneider comes back from injury.[/quote']

Where did you get that information? When I checked it said defender (actually it said abwehr) for all the games. Could you tell me your source please.

This time I looked into the Bundesliga and found Enrico Kern who scored all 3 goals for Rostock today. He has scored 5 goals and gotten 1 assist in 13 games. For a 20 year old in the Bundesliga that's very good. He hasn't played exceptionally but has been playing about average but his statistics say otherwise. I think he should go up to 86, ya that would be a good rating for him. Cheers

While I've been looking for future stars or player who deserve a rating change I have found Tobias Rathgeb. He plays for Hansa Rostock, has 1 goal and 2 assists in 10 games. He's not young but not old either. He has been playing very well for the the 14th place team. I guess you can just find stars in the teams who have been playing poorly. I will keep you posted on any other finds.

Where did you get that information? When I checked it said defender (actually it said abwehr) for all the games. Could you tell me your source please.

I got it from Kicker and also from watching some of the games myself. Here is a link to the Kicker information:

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/vereine/vereinstermine/object/9/saison/2007-08/naviindex/2

For each of the games this season, you can click on "Analyse", which is basically a summary of the game. If you open up one of them, look on the right side for "Aufstellungen". That is the line-up. They list it according to the actual formation, a "-" separates" the major areas of the field. If you look through the games, you'll see that he was playing midfield (mostly DM) in most of the games.

Those games where he is listed midfield, you can also see that 4 other defenders were playing.

Though you are right, many sites (even kicker) list him as a defender.

I got it from Kicker and also from watching some of the games myself. Here is a link to the Kicker information:

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/vereine/vereinstermine/object/9/saison/2007-08/naviindex/2

For each of the games this season' date=' you can click on "Analyse", which is basically a summary of the game. If you open up one of them, look on the right side for "Aufstellungen". That is the line-up. They list it according to the actual formation, a "-" separates" the major areas of the field. If you look through the games, you'll see that he was playing midfield (mostly DM) in most of the games.

Those games where he is listed midfield, you can also see that 4 other defenders were playing.

Though you are right, many sites (even kicker) list him as a defender.[/quote']

Ya, kicker is actually one of my sources (I get my way around the site because I myself speak german). Thanks for the response to my question and Cheers.

Not sure about you guys but I feel both Jerome Boateng and Vincent Kompany need increases.

Both have played a fair bit especially boateng considering he is only rated 83!:eek:

Kompany has been solid this season and has come up with a few important goals including one in the UEFA cup already. perhaps this change may have come too soon but most defo a 91 next round if he keeps up the good form.

Not sure about you guys but I feel both Jerome Boateng and Vincent Kompany need increases.

Both have played a fair bit especially boateng considering he is only rated 83!:eek:

Kompany has been solid this season and has come up with a few important goals including one in the UEFA cup already. perhaps this change may have come too soon but most defo a 91 next round if he keeps up the good form.

I agree with that Darsh.

Jerome Boateng definitely needs an increase, so does his brother. Jerome should be around 86/87 and his brother should be a 88/89.

Vincent Kompany did have a decrease some time ago, wonder why? This defender with the number 10 (like Gallas) should have a higher rating, 91, at least.

Totally agree Darsh.

I agree with that Darsh.

Jerome Boateng definitely needs an increase' date=' so does his brother. Jerome should be around 86/87 and his brother should be a 88/89.

Vincent Kompany did have a decrease some time ago, wonder why? This defender with the number 10 (like Gallas) should have a higher rating, 91, at least.

Totally agree Darsh.[/quote']

I agree that they both deserve an increase in rating.Jerome has been mentioned many times before but I don't feel that he should go up to 86/87. He has gotten no goals and no assists in 10 games but that's not that bad since he plays defence. He hasn't played all of Hamburgs games but when he has played he has almost always played the whole game. I think that he should go to 85 and that's my final opinion on him. Vincent company has been playing well when he plays but he has only played 7 games so I think it's to early to judge his performances because he hasn't had many. That's my view of the whole thing.