German Changes

Re: German Changes

Herby and LKK' date=' I need to ask you something.

I just took over a Dortmund, and should I keep anyone with the rating less than 85 that is older than 21???

Please help me.

Thanks[/quote']

If you have Mark Ziegler, he has been getting some games in and has been playing well. I know he's old but he's a probable rise. Actually most of the Dortmund players haven't been playing to well so I'm going to have to say that that's it. Cheers.

LKK

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: German Changes Well I just looked through the whole thread! (starting after the old rating changes). I have listed many players and hopefully did not reapeat any. Here you go: Bayern Munchen Ze

Re: German Changes Demichelis 91 - 92/93 altintop 89-91 jerome boateng 83-86+ petric 89-91 kroos 73-80 toni

Re: German Changes Not making this easy for me are ya Tom?? Ok' date=' here is the squad as per the club's website: [b']Weidenfeller, Roman (1)[/b] 06.08.1980 (1st choice GK. Solid but nit specia

RIETHER' date=' Sascha

Wolsburg

What can you tell me about him?[/quote']

Let's see. As you know he plays for Wolfsburg, he is 24 years old and transfered in from second league's Freiburg this year. He plays midfield, he has started 13 of Wolfburg's games getting one assist. In those games he has been playing decent football. Also he played the 2 DFB pokal games that Wolfsburg had. Oh, I forgot to mention that he was German but has played no national games. If you wanted to know, he has played 71 Bundesliga games, scoring 4 goals and 81 second league games scoring 1 goal. Cheers.

LKK

RIETHER' date=' Sascha

Wolsburg

What can you tell me about him?[/quote']

Average player with decent performances at club level but no standout imho.

A regular starter this season for Wolfsburg at RB although can also play in midfield, mostly defensive. He is said to be coach Felix Magarth's "Liebling" (darling or favourite), having played almost every minute so far this season (1 sub out in the 76th min).

The only other thing I remember is that he was captain of the U21 german team a few years ago, but is now 24 and hasn't made the transition to the senior team. This could be because he is relatively short (1.74m) even for a wide wingback/defender. Unlike other 'short' wingbacks (such as Lahm) he doesn't have the same attacking flair and attributes to compensate for his lack or aerial strength. :o

He should rise from SM's 84 rating to 86 but also expect a positional change to RB/CB or RB/DM

Cheers,

Herby

Herby what do you think about the rating change of Kuranyi

Hey Matty,

What would you like to know? :rolleyes:

Kuranyi is Schalke's no. 1 striker and regular in the german national team where he partners Miro Klose upfront to form a formidable strike partnership.

44 caps for Germany, 6 league goals and 1 assist from his 14 games/starts this season. He also has 1 CL goal from 3 games and 2 Cup goals from as many games. :)

I think he'll retain his 92 rating but won't increase at the next rating's change.

Regards,

Herby

I don't usually post things like this as I back my own knowledge and research of players but just wondered what you guys think of Ruben Polanski? My gut tells me to ship him out as quick as possible but he is very young after all so is he worth keeping?

Leigh' date='

Do you mean Eugen Polanski? :confused:

If so then I would say this:

Had you have asked me 12 months ago I would've said you're MAD! :rolleyes:

Today, I'd say cash in or suffer a greater loss down the track. :o

I think he will drop further in rating :( Such a shame for a player that was touted to be a great player in years to come (he may yet prove them wrong) but his career has certainly stalled since last year. His club B. M'glabach were relagted from the 1st Div, he lost his starting spot and hasn't fetured much in the 2nd Div where the club is doing very well and look set to be promoted to the BL again.

he has jsut 1 start and 4 sub appearances to his name this season. 1 assist and no goals but has mostly warmed the bench. I personally have sold him out of all of my teams as I expect him to drop to 83/84 at BEST!

He's now too old for the U21 german team too and I can't see him featuring in the senior squad anytime soon.

[b']HERBY'S advice: Sell whilst he's still rated 86 and valued accordingly![/b]

I don't usually post things like this as I back my own knowledge and research of players but just wondered what you guys think of Ruben Polanski? My gut tells me to ship him out as quick as possible but he is very young after all so is he worth keeping?

I take it you're talking about Eugen Polanski. He does play for the U-21 team, but he got injured so he has only played 5 games in the season and 0 in the DFB pokal. His injury could cost him but he is a regular for the U-21 squad. Unless you need the cash I would keep him because I could see him being a very good player in the future. Cheers.

LKK

Thanks for the help, I did mean Eugen Polanski but was researching another playing at the time called ruben (if your believe that)!:D:D

Appreciate the thoughts guys and it basically backs up what I was thinking! Don't need the cash as have over £100 mil but I think I will ship him out and get 10 mil off some mug while I still can!:)

Thanks for the help' date=' I did mean Eugen Polanski but was researching another playing at the time called ruben (if your believe that)!:D:D

Appreciate the thoughts guys and it basically backs up what I was thinking! Don't need the cash as have over £100 mil but I think I will ship him out and get 10 mil off some mug while I still can!:)[/quote']

If you can get 10 mil I'd do it straight away. Hope you succeed.

LKK

If you can get 10 mil I'd do it straight away. Hope you succeed.

LKK

Sure I will mate, its a GC where there's not much players available so I am sure someone will jump at the chance of a cheap 86 rated!

The player I was researching is Marco Ruben the 21 yr old Argentinian forward but that is completely unrelated to this thread! He looks good though although highly doubtful to raise from his current 88 for the time being, just for info!:D

Sure I will mate' date=' its a GC where there's not much players available so I am sure someone will jump at the chance of a cheap 86 rated!

The player I was researching is Marco Ruben the 21 yr old Argentinian forward but that is completely unrelated to this thread! He looks good though although highly doubtful to raise from his current 88 for the time being, just for info!:D[/quote']

Thanks for the info on Ruben. I'm not a gold member so I don't know how much people spend on players but from what I gather it's a lot more than in a custom setup. Cheers.

It's a totally new Dortmund.

Say who I should offload or keep.

Thanks a lot!

Not making this easy for me are ya Tom?? :confused::P;)

Ok' date=' here is the squad as per the club's website:

[b']Weidenfeller, Roman (1)[/b] 06.08.1980 (1st choice GK. Solid but nit special, would HOLD - rating to remain unchanged)

Ziegler, Marc (20)13.06.1976 (2nd choice GK, has played 3 games due to injury to Weidenfeller - could rise based on that, I'd wait and see - he won't go down so you can always sell him in 3 weeks if he stays same.

Amedick, Martin (2) 06.09.1982 (fringe player only this season, no rise predicted. Should be rated 84/85)

Brzenska, Markus (3) 25.05.1984 (played most games but form has been avg at best. Could drop to 86 but I think will hold onto 87).

Dede (17) 18.04.1978 (been the best player for them at the back. 5 assists and started every game, I can see him making it to 90 even! :eek:

Degen, Philipp (23) 15.02.1983 (swiss international has missed some games due to injury. Could drop to 88 but is worth 89 when fit. Still young and a player I would hold).

Kovac, Robert (21) 06.04.1974 (good player but getting on in age. Has been avg in games this season and age seems to be catching up with him. Gets carded a lot, I'd be looking to sell him after Euro 2008 and before the start of the BL 2008/09 as he could well drop next season!!

Vrzogic, David (33) 10.08.1989 (sell and cash in! A player with much hype and potential that has gone nowhere. Hurry before he drops from his 80 rating)

Wörns, Christian (4) 10.05.1972 (old timer and club captain but his best years are behind him now. Retired from international football, his rating will only go 1 way and that's south - SELL!)

Blaszczykowski, Jakub (16) 14.12.1985 (13 starts and 1 sub app, he also has 13 caps for Poland. Has been average this season but will hold onto his 87 imho)

Federico, Giovanni (8) 04.10.1980 (arrived from karlsruhe where he was top goalscorer. Much talented AM/F with 2 goals and 1 assist this season. Played 14 games but some as a sub. I think he'll rise from 85 to 86.

Gordon, Daniel (24) 16.01.1985 (1 sub app, hasn't played. Unchanged)

Kehl, Sebastian (5) 13.02.1980 (great player, fringe of national team. Was injured for 3 months but back now and playing well. Might drop due to the fact he has only played 3 games but I imagine that would be temporary as he is class).

Kringe, Florian (6) 18.08.1982 (best midfielder for teh club this season. 4 goals and 1 assist, he has been very good. Could go to 89 but likely to stay at 88).

Kruska, Marc-André (22) 29.06.1987 (still young, he's played 11 games but 5 were sub appearances. Avg performances but should be rated 86/87 imho. Is a regular for German U-19/20 youth teams)

Njambe, Franck Patrick (32) 24.10.1987 (hardly played, just 2 games from the youngster from Cameroon, hold I'd say).

Petric, Mladen (10) 01.01.1981 (7 goals for the croatian playmaker and no.10. Many forumers are predicting a rise to 90, I'll go 1 further and say 91. He has been the club's saviour, especially in the absence of Alexander Frei (injured).

Ricken, Lars (18) 10.07.1976 (Semi-retired - MUST SELL. The former german international is playing with the youth team whilst finishing a degree in marketing where upon completion he will work for the club in that dept).

Tinga (7) 13.01.1978 (just 1 goal for the AM but has played all of the games. I could see SM dropping him to 88 but since he has 4 caps for Brazil this may not happen. Form has been avg and many expected more goals and flair from him).

Tyrala, Sebastian (28) 22.02.1988 (young gun and 1 for the future. Must HOLD imho! Rated 79 and won't change but much expected of him in the future.

Buckley, Delron (26) 07.12.1977 (Dortmund has striggled for goals and the south african has once again failed to impress and score. No goals from 14 games (mostly as a sub I have to say), his 86 rating is spot on. I'd sell him ASAP!

Frei, Alexander (13) 15.07.1979 (been injured, will probably drop to 90 for that reason alone, but is/was 1 of the best forwards last season in the BL)

Klimowicz, Diego Fernando (19) 06.07.1974 (getting on in age, I'd say SELL! 3 goals and 1 assist from 14 games but form has been poor. Cash in whilst he's still rated 88 and get someone younger with more talent and chance to rise).

Nöthe, Christopher (31) 03.01.1988 (young striker, just 2 games this season but scoring plenty in the reserves. I'd HOLD onto him).

Valdez, Nelson (9) 28.11.1983 (another problem child for the club. Just 1 goal in 12 games, 6 of which have been sub app). I'd sell him ASAP as I expect him to drop next rating changes from 88 to 87/86. :eek:

Hope that helps!

Herby

p.s. Not doing that again LOL ... took bloody ages. If you guys can't be ****** posting a team or asking about specific players then I'll put the ignore filter on! ;):D

Not sure why people are advocating a 95 for Toni but not for Klose - their scoring records this season are identical - not to mention very impressive. I think there was a good case for Klose being a 95 after last year's World Cup, and while he lost form in the second half of 06/07 for Werder he's back to his best now after the switch to Bayern, and is scoring for Germany again. If 95 is "World Class" then both Klose and Toni would be deserving of that rating.

Not sure why people are advocating a 95 for Toni but not for Klose - their scoring records this season are identical - not to mention very impressive. I think there was a good case for Klose being a 95 after last year's World Cup' date=' and while he lost form in the second half of 06/07 for Werder he's back to his best now after the switch to Bayern, and is scoring for Germany again. If 95 is "World Class" then both Klose and Toni would be deserving of that rating.[/quote']

Totally agree! If 'Kicker' is anything to go by then Klose is in fact having a better season than Toni.

I recommended that both be 'considered' for a 95 rating, having said that - SM shouldn't be dishing out 95's left, right and centre but I do believe both are World Class as you rightly pointed out. :)

Totally agree! If 'Kicker' is anything to go by then Klose is in fact having a better season than Toni.

I recommended that both be 'considered' for a 95 rating' date=' having said that - SM shouldn't be dishing out 95's left, right and centre but I do believe both are World Class as you rightly pointed out. :)[/quote']

You're right, what I should've said is that if Toni deserves a 95 then Klose does too, and vice-versa. It's a tricky call on whether they warrant a 94 or 95, and I wouldn't complain too much either way.

This thread is so long that I don´t know if these players have been mentinoned many times but I think in Bundesliga there is two definet young risers and one finnish great defender.

Ashkan Dejagah: plays for a quite poor team Wolfsburg but has played in 15 matches and scored 5 goals is only 85 rated and 21 years. He has played for under 19- and 21- national team for Germany but has also been approached by Irans national team as he has born in Teheran.

Stanislav Sestak: 24 years and rated only 83, plays for Bochum which is in 10th place in Bundesliga. Sestak has played in all matches (I think.. at least in 15) and scored 6 times. He is also a regular in Slovakian national team. He came in Bochum to replace Theofanis Gekas as a goal scorer and has played well. Miroslav Klose and Luca Toni have scored 9 and Rafael Van der Vaart 8 and are all rated way above 90 so comparing to that should go up at least to 88.

Petri Pasanen: Has kept his place in Werder Bremens defense and has played so well that should definetly go up around 90, he´s now rated 87 and that´s way too low for a player that plays for a Champions League team regularly and in finnish national team. He has also scored 2 goals this season. All the other defenders in Werder are rated 90 or more.

Just for the benefit of LKK:-

Eugen POLANSKI has completed his move to Dynamo Kyiv from Ajax for £10' date='000,000

Even sold him to a forumer too, thanks Laffers!:D[/quote']

As my Mumma always said ..... 'there's a sucker born every minute!' :eek::rolleyes:

I hope he lives up to his potential and turns his career around, at least for your sake Laffers!! :o

Well done Leigh, spend it wisely ;)

Herby

This thread is so long that I don´t know if these players have been mentinoned many times but I think in Bundesliga there is two definet young risers and one finnish great defender.

Ashkan Dejagah: plays for a quite poor team Wolfsburg but has played in 15 matches and scored 5 goals is only 85 rated and 21 years. He has played for under 19- and 21- national team for Germany but has also been approached by Irans national team as he has born in Teheran.

Stanislav Sestak: 24 years and rated only 83' date=' plays for Bochum which is in 10th place in Bundesliga. Sestak has played in all matches (I think.. at least in 15) and scored 6 times. He is also a regular in Slovakian national team. He came in Bochum to replace Theofanis Gekas as a goal scorer and has played well. Miroslav Klose and Luca Toni have scored 9 and Rafael Van der Vaart 8 and are all rated way above 90 so comparing to that should go up at least to 88.

[b']Petri Pasanen[/b]: Has kept his place in Werder Bremens defense and has played so well that should definetly go up around 90, he´s now rated 87 and that´s way too low for a player that plays for a Champions League team regularly and in finnish national team. He has also scored 2 goals this season. All the other defenders in Werder are rated 90 or more.

Welcome to the 'German Changes thread' Lady S :)

Nice first post there, although the first two (especially Sestak) have been analyses and discussed in a fair bit of detail already.

Still, Pasanen is a good shout and as you pointed out, has become a regular at Werder. I'm expecting him to get to 89, rather than 90 but a 2 point jump isn't so bad! :D

We (the forumers) have predicted that Sestak will get to 87 but not impossible that he hits 88, he certainly has scored a few goals this season. B)

Dejagah has also been brought up. He is a talented player and as you pointed out, plays for lowly Wolfsburg. I'm expecting him to get to 87, but once again an 88 isn't out of the question. He could well make it into Germany's senior squad in the next few years if he keeps improving like he is.

I'll give you rep for your contirbution. Nice post!

Herby