German Changes

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: German Changes Well I just looked through the whole thread! (starting after the old rating changes). I have listed many players and hopefully did not reapeat any. Here you go: Bayern Munchen Ze

Re: German Changes Demichelis 91 - 92/93 altintop 89-91 jerome boateng 83-86+ petric 89-91 kroos 73-80 toni

Re: German Changes Not making this easy for me are ya Tom?? Ok' date=' here is the squad as per the club's website: [b']Weidenfeller, Roman (1)[/b] 06.08.1980 (1st choice GK. Solid but nit specia

Re: German Changes

I said i can understand that Roy Makaay rating decreased when he left Bayern and Bundesliga for a weaker team ' date=' not after he displayed a good performance at Feyenoord . In case you didn't realized , his rating changed twice after leaving Bayern ; i said that i can only agree with the first one.[/quote']

How can you agree with a rating change just because you left a higher standard of league for a slightly lower standard but still kept the qulaity you had at Munich though. Thats just like Ronaldo going to play in Scotland and getting a decrease because he is playing in a worse league.

Nevermind:confused:

I got a little confused over the last days since the German ratings have been published. From what you posted it appears to me like SM experts are scanning the database and then update players' ratings based on their expertise.

Earlier I thought SM employed a kind of calculation algorithm, a DB tool or an Excel macro or whatever that could simply run the calculation, based on the factors that influence rating: strength of league, mins played, goals scored etc etc.

As I understand now, the rating is exclusively a matter of SM experts judgement, there is no AI involved here?

Don't get me wrong, I know they have been doing this a long time so I'm not saying this is wrong. I'm only wondering that since the player's rating is said to be influenced by objective parameters, it could be possible to have a calculation method that will calculate all ratings in the same way, avoiding these kind of discussions around subjectivity.

(I'm saying this even though I believe that in real life, a player's performance cannot be measured by goals and minutes alone - Player X can be on the pitch for 90 minutes scoring one and assisting two but still play like **** for 75 minutes, while Player Y ploughs the field for one hour and fools all his markers dribbling to death, so his teammates get the easy scoring. Still on pure numbers Player X would get the upper hand in rating. But for the sake of the game, subjectivity should be attempted to be ruled out.)

Maybe this is the wrong thread for this, but I just wanted to let loose my five cents to it...

Thats a good point mate, an interesting comment. SM ratings are changed by performance, but its impossible to get everyone's perfect rating. I understand You, and I like this comment. Sometimes the player's name and his club can be a rising factor.. and vica versa..

Így csinálják ezek :D

Anybody know in what sequence players are updated? Looks like Germany is through and now it's the Netherlands...but some German players that were mentioned here have not yet appeared on the list. Will SM get back to Germany next week?

(Marin is impatiently sitting on my bench but as soon as he goes up he will be thrown in :)...)

NEXT week ;) and expect Marin to get to 80+ .... at least I am!!! :eek::D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=749ifcTU4Ik

Herby

True' date=' although many of us expected a higher rating for Kroos as well. Cheers.[/quote']

You're right, I predicted 80 for Kroos and still think he was undervalued. COmpare his stats this season, even his (brief) career stats with those of say a Mats Hummels (rated 80) :eek: and you have to start questioning how 'consistant' some of the rartings are. Still, I wouldn't be too worried about Marin's rating. Unlike Kroos, he is a regular starter for M'galdbach, who as you know are to of he 2nd BL atm. He 'should' get to 81/82 based on stats but I think SM will be conservative and nudge him to 80 only. :(

Herby

You're right' date=' I predicted 80 for Kroos and still think he was undervalued. COmpare his stats this season, even his (brief) career stats with those of say a Mats Hummels (rated 80) :eek: and you have to start questioning how 'consistant' some of the rartings are. Still, I wouldn't be too worried about Marin's rating. Unlike Kroos, he is a regular starter for M'galdbach, who as you know are to of he 2nd BL atm. He 'should' get to 81/82 based on stats but I think SM will be conservative and nudge him to 80 only. :(

Herby[/quote']

Yes, I think that Marin will get a good rating because not only him but his whole team have been performing fabulously! I'm a gladbach fan if you didn't know and their team has been playing great (even if they got of to a bumpy start). Though I think that SM missed out on many ratings, the changes today were really useful and I can't wait until the second league changes are made. Cheerios mate.

Though I think that SM missed out on many ratings' date=' the changes today were really useful and I can't wait until the second league changes are made. Cheerios mate.[/quote']

It's a tough gig mate, not one I'd like to do for just about EVERY country and league in the world.

Perhaps you should highlight (by making a list) any players that you think have been 'missed' by SM. You might just get lucky and have a player reviewed next week, when they do stage 2 of the german ratings. ;)

Herby

COmpare his stats this season

He 'should' get to 81/82 based on stats but I think SM will be conservative and nudge him to 80 only. :(

Herby

Well I took the time and digged out some stats compared to his competition inside the real-life Gladbach team (Midfielders only). It's based on the stats from this season (BuLi/Cup only, no caps). Look at this:

Name Matches/Goals/Assists/Mins played/Age/Current SM rating

Polanski 6 / 0 / 0 / 278 / 21 / 86

Schachten 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 23 / 79

Coulibaly 10 / 0 / 2 / 549 / 29 / 84

Svard 11 / 0 / 2 / 503 / 24 / 83

Touma 8 / 0 / 0 / 216 / 28 / 87

Rösler 17 / 6 / 3 / 1411 / 30 / 86

Marin 15 / 1 / 5 / 969 / 19 / 77

Seeing this, an 80 would definitely be a big disappointment for me...

Well I took the time and digged out some stats compared to his competition inside the real-life Gladbach team (Midfielders only). It's based on the stats from this season (BuLi/Cup only' date=' no caps). Look at this:

Name Matches/Goals/Assists/Mins played/Age/Current SM rating

Polanski 6 / 0 / 0 / 278 / 21 / 86

Schachten 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 23 / 79

Coulibaly 10 / 0 / 2 / 549 / 29 / 84

Svard 11 / 0 / 2 / 503 / 24 / 83

Touma 8 / 0 / 0 / 216 / 28 / 87

Rösler 17 / 6 / 3 / 1411 / 30 / 86

Marin 15 / 1 / 5 / 969 / 19 / 77

Seeing this, an 80 would definitely be a big disappointment for me...[/quote']

Honestly I think Herby is about right with his prediction. There are a few reasons why what you're saying is incorrect. The examples (players) that you have listed were mostly either injured, play internationally or play better than Marin. Plus a big reason is that this is Marin's first season in a senior club, so you can't just judge him on how he's been playing if it's been half of his first senior season. Although I disagree with you I would like to say cheers to you because you came on the forum, stated your opinion, gave examples and facts and this was a quality post. Cheers mate.

Just for fun, I did the same for Choupo-Moting from HSV, since his rating went to 77 and that was somewhat odd to me as well...

Again, only counting his direct competition internally, and BuLi/Cup/Intl Cup matches considered.

Here we go:

Player/Matches/Goals/Assists/Mins played/Age/Current SM rating

Olic 35 / 8 / 6 / 2403 / 28 / 89

Guerrero 17 / 6 / 3 / 1019 / 23 / 88

Zidan 21 / 3 / 1 / 977 / 26 / 89

Sam 1 / 0 / 0 / 14 / 19 / 76

Choupo-Moting 17 / 3 / 1 / 256 / 18 / 77

:confused:

But enough number-crunching for today, maybe SM will have a look at this thread and surprise us :)

Honestly I think Herby is about right with his prediction. There are a few reasons why what you're saying is incorrect. The examples (players) that you have listed were mostly either injured' date=' play internationally or play better than Marin. Plus a big reason is that this is Marin's first season in a senior club, so you can't just judge him on how he's been playing if it's been half of his first senior season. Although I disagree with you I would like to say cheers to you because you came on the forum, stated your opinion, gave examples and facts and this was a quality post. Cheers mate.[/quote']

Thanks for the praises :)

Some of what you say I will sign any date, pal, like the fact that injured players should fall into a separate view. I also adopt the view that a rookie in a 1st league/division will have to be watched more closely before his rating is allowed to rocket.

On the other hand, playing internationally - well Marin played in the U21 on 5 occasions so far and scored once, so we couldn't say he hasn't been capped, which at least for the Germans in the team isn't teh case. I know it's not the senior team but he can't help being young, can he? :D

As for the term "playing better", well I'm left completely stranded with that, mate. Other than journalists' ratings, what can one take as a basis for that factor? Yet even that is subjective again, nothing to be underlined by figures, just an impression. A good player for me could be useless for you, simply because we might take a different approach to coaching and tactics :)

Enough disputed for now, let's just wait and see how he does next week, and he'll be a regular for me anyway whether he's rated 80 or 89...that's one of the blessings of Division 3 :D

Thanks for the praises :)

Some of what you say I will sign any date' date=' pal, like the fact that injured players should fall into a separate view. I also adopt the view that a rookie in a 1st league/division will have to be watched more closely before his rating is allowed to rocket.

On the other hand, playing internationally - well Marin played in the U21 on 5 occasions so far and scored once, so we couldn't say he hasn't been capped, which at least for the Germans in the team isn't teh case. I know it's not the senior team but he can't help being young, can he? :D

As for the term "playing better", well I'm left completely stranded with that, mate. Other than journalists' ratings, what can one take as a basis for that factor? Yet even that is subjective again, nothing to be underlined by figures, just an impression. A good player for me could be useless for you, simply because we might take a different approach to coaching and tactics :)

Enough disputed for now, let's just wait and see how he does next week, and he'll be a regular for me anyway whether he's rated 80 or 89...that's one of the blessings of Division 3 :D[/quote']

Cheers mate, once again we all have different opinions and you are stating yours. I like how you take what others say into factor and still stick to your opinion. You are a great newcomer and are making some quality posts. Hope you keep making more great posts, also try scouting some players mate. Cheers.

By the way, did any of you see the result of the Hannover-Cottbus game? 5-1 for Cottbus!!! It's quite amazing how the last place team who had a horrible start to the season beat a fourth place team who had a great start of the season 5-1. Didn't watch it but checked the result. That was Cottbus' highest Bundesliga win in History! I'm quite surprised at the result, however once you think about all football players are just human like you and me. Cheerios.

This is in response to what Herby said earlier. I am listing some players that I think SM should have changed that weren't changed (and the ratings they should have been changed to):

Ze Roberto 92-93

Peter Lovenkrands 88-87

Luca Toni 94-95

Marcelo Bordon 92-93

Miroslav Klose 94-95

Anunciado Josue 91-90

Vincent Kompany 90-91

Stephan Kiessling 89-90

Serdar Tasci 88-89

Robert Kovac 90-89

Szabolcs Huszti 89-90

Marko Pantelic 90-91

Albert Streit 88-89

Dede 89-90

These are the players with the bigger names that have not been changed. I think that they should change, but don't forget that this is only my opinion.

This is in response to what Herby said earlier. I am listing some players that I think SM should have changed that weren't changed (and the ratings they should have been changed to):

Ze Roberto 92-93

Peter Lovenkrands 88-87

Luca Toni 94-95

Marcelo Bordon 92-93

Miroslav Klose 94-95

Anunciado Josue 91-90

Vincent Kompany 90-91

Stephan Kiessling 89-90

Serdar Tasci 88-89

Robert Kovac 90-89

Szabolcs Huszti 89-90

Marko Pantelic 90-91

Albert Streit 88-89

Dede 89-90

These are the players with the bigger names that have not been changed. I think that they should change' date=' but don't forget that this is only my opinion.[/color']

I agree that they should change themselves too.

One thing that I want to tell you is that the changes will continue next week, and like Dida, his change was a last minute change, so expect them coming next week. Hope they do.

Also, to the person who said Toni and Klose shouldn't be a 95 because Messi is, Messi's suppose to be a 96 so don't need to winge and wind and complain!

Klose and Toni will NOT increase to 95.

I questioned SM and was informed it's due to the fact that Bayern aren't competing in the CL this year, so despite their great league form they will remain at 94 until Bayern will the BL title and/or UEFA Cup.

Now, before you all get upset with me or SM, just accept the fact that Bayern had a very poor season last year and that Klose lost form for a little while (whilst at Bremen still) and Toni played in a different league.

Personally, the above reason doesn't wash with me. Both are WORLD CLASS strikers in my books and the fact they aren't playing CL football this season doesn't make them inferior CFs imho, however I can understand and see where SM are coming from. Afterall they need 1 set of criteria to rank players and unfortunately when it comes to 95+ players, this appears to be one of them. :o

I'm sure if they continue their current form through until the end of the season they WILL be 95 apiece. ;):D

Herby

Klose and Toni will NOT increase to 95.

I questioned SM and was informed it's due to the fact that Bayern aren't competing in the CL this year' date=' so despite their great league form they will remain at 94 until Bayern will the BL title and/or UEFA Cup.

Now, before you all get upset with me or SM, just accept the fact that Bayern had a very poor season last year and that Klose lost form for a little while (whilst at Bremen still) and Toni played in a different league.

Personally, the above reason doesn't wash with me. Both are WORLD CLASS strikers in my books and the fact they aren't playing CL football this season doesn't make them inferior CFs imho, however I can understand and see where SM are coming from. Afterall they need 1 set of criteria to rank players and unfortunately when it comes to 95+ players, this appears to be one of them. :o

I'm sure if they continue their current form through until the end of the season they WILL be 95 apiece. ;):D [/color']

Herby

Yeah thats right , if they keep up till the next ratings changes they will surely get the 95 you are looking for .

I think SM should have ended the German (Div. 2 ) changes before going to Holland or Czech .But all the same :P

Someone brought up a statement about Toni's and Klose rating's . He said if they should be 95 now , then are they influential in a game as Messi(95) ,??

Ze Roberto 92-93

Peter Lovenkrands 88-87

Luca Toni 94-95

Marcelo Bordon 92-93

Miroslav Klose 94-95

Anunciado Josue 91-90

Vincent Kompany 90-91

Stephan Kiessling 89-90

Serdar Tasci 88-89

Robert Kovac 90-89

Szabolcs Huszti 89-90

Marko Pantelic 90-91

Albert Streit 88-89

Dede 89-90

These are the players with the bigger names that have not been changed. I think that they should change' date=' but don't forget that this is only my opinion.[/color']

Must agree, great list. Got a point!

Btw I'm happy that SM changed back Huszti as a LM/LB :D

Now Schweini is the next one.. W/AM please!

Cheers mate' date=' once again we all have different opinions and you are stating yours. I like how you take what others say into factor and still stick to your opinion. You are a great newcomer and are making some quality posts. Hope you keep making more great posts, also try scouting some players mate. Cheers.[/quote']

Thanks, I'm doing the best I can :)

Nothing wrong with a cultivated exchange of opinions :) Scanning through the SM forum, I was really surprised how constructively most people advocate their views here.

As for the scouting, I only get to watch the BuLi regularly, but I'll def'ly have a bash at scouting for the next ratings - just waiting for this season to be finished so I can bag them in myself :D

Sorry that I have to say this Mr HoW! I am quite happy since Hertha BSC Berlin are keeping Bayern to a 0-0 draw at halftime. I am only saying this because I don't like Bayern (once again sorry Mr HoW). This would be a great result for 12th place Berlin (if it stays that way). Don't forget that anything could happen anytime so let's be prepared. I'll try to keep you posted on how the game's going. And by the way, Podolski started in Toni's spot (because Toni's injured). Cheerios.