German Changes

Re: German Changes

Sorry bringing this thread back as it was really effective.

Sven Ulreich has started all 3 games for Stuttgart in place of goalkeeper Raphael Schäfer.

I want to know why he is playing ' date=' because Raphael Schäfer is injured or he is impressing ?[/quote']

He's impressing Ahmed! Schaefer has been on the bench for those games so I'm guessing he's now 2nd choice. A bit strange considering he was only bought at the start of the season due to Hildebrand's move to Spain. Schaefer has conceeded a lot of goals so maybe that's why but I'm still surprised that a rookie like Ulreich was given the nod.

Hope that helps. :)

Herby

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: German Changes Well I just looked through the whole thread! (starting after the old rating changes). I have listed many players and hopefully did not reapeat any. Here you go: Bayern Munchen Ze

Re: German Changes Demichelis 91 - 92/93 altintop 89-91 jerome boateng 83-86+ petric 89-91 kroos 73-80 toni

Re: German Changes Not making this easy for me are ya Tom?? Ok' date=' here is the squad as per the club's website: [b']Weidenfeller, Roman (1)[/b] 06.08.1980 (1st choice GK. Solid but nit specia

• 4 weeks later...

I just realized that Ribery rose to 95.

There was an agreement that the German League didn't produce much teams in the champions leagues second round and with other factors players like Toni , Klose and Ribery could not rise to 95.

Then how did Ribery go to 95 ?

Maybe he's also been fantastic for France , but Toni has been awesome for Italy in the Euro 2008 qualifiers .

I hope SM didn't use the game against England to judge that Ribery needed the rise.

I'll just say what I said in another thread:

I'm not on anybody's side about this. I'm just a neutral station:

Franck Ribery:

He has been performing better than Diego generally. One of the best players in the hole league. He has played amazingly well in the Uefa cup aswell, 1 goal and 7 assists in 7 games (not 7 full games, but 2 subbed in and 4 subbed out). In the season he has 6 goals and 5 assists. Currently rated 95.

Diego:

He has been performing very well for Bremen. He has been getting more playing time than Ribery. That means 2 things, he has more time to get better stats (11 goals 7 assists) but also he might get tired meaning his performances won't be as good. He has played Uefa cup and Champions league both fairly well. Currently rated 94.

I'll just say what I said in another thread:

I'm not on anybody's side about this. I'm just a neutral station:

Franck Ribery:

He has been performing better than Diego generally. One of the best players in the hole league. He has played amazingly well in the Uefa cup aswell' date=' 1 goal and 7 assists in 7 games (not 7 full games, but 2 subbed in and 4 subbed out). In the season he has 6 goals and 5 assists. Currently rated 95.

Diego:

He has been performing very well for Bremen. He has been getting more playing time than Ribery. That means 2 things, he has more time to get better stats (11 goals 7 assists) but also he might get tired meaning his performances won't be as good. He has played Uefa cup and Champions league both fairly well. Currently rated 94.[/quote']

I agree with you that Ribery is one step better than Diego , but doesn't toni also deserve a 95 ?

In stats hes been hte best in the league and a proved international .

If Toni was like an up-and-coming striker with these stats , he wouldn't be rated this way.

He's now one of the best strikers in the football world.

I agree with you that Ribery is one step better than Diego ' date=' but doesn't toni also deserve a 95 ?

In stats hes been hte best in the league and a proved international .

If Toni was like an up-and-coming striker with these stats , he wouldn't be rated this way.

He's now one of the best strikers in the football world.[/quote']

I don't really care what Toni ends up getting because I don't have him for any of my teams. But 1 argument that I think could be used against him is that all of his goals came from inside the box. I was viewing a Fernando Torres - Rooney debate and a positive for Rooney was that he fights for the ball. He comes back to midfield and tries winning balls. However Toni just waits up front.

I don't really care what Toni ends up getting because I don't have him for any of my teams. But 1 argument that I think could be used against him is that all of his goals came from inside the box. I was viewing a Fernando Torres - Rooney debate and a positive for Rooney was that he fights for the ball. He comes back to midfield and tries winning balls. However Toni just waits up front.

Mate , thats one mistake forumers do .

They argue for players who are in their teams only and thats not all that good.

A site says this about him "Thee Italian international has undoubtedly been Bayern's most potent goal threat this season, netting almost a third of the Rekordmeister's goals across the Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal and UEFA Cup this season."

He is a goal poacher and his duty is to score goals .

Did you see RVN , Ronaldo (Brazilian ) etc. doing that(fighting for the ball) ?

no. but they did their duties very well.(scoring goals)

That why I say Toni deserves a 95.

Mate ' date=' thats one mistake forumers do .

They argue for players who are in their teams only and thats not all that good.

A site says this about him "Thee Italian international has undoubtedly been Bayern's most potent goal threat this season, netting almost a third of the Rekordmeister's goals across the Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal and UEFA Cup this season."

He is a goal poacher and his duty is to score goals .

Did you see RVN , Ronaldo (Brazilian ) etc. doing that(fighting for the ball) ?

no. but they did their duties very well.(scoring goals)

That why I say Toni deserves a 95.[/quote']

As I said, I don't care if he rises, stays or falls. I don't do the rating changes for Germany either. I mean, sometimes you should take to account if a striker works for his own goals or if other players work for the strikers goals.

I admit that Toni isn't a team player , but he is very good in one section - Scoring goals and that is their primary objective.

Other strikers have additional skills like Henry , Ronaldo , Torres that will aid them in scoring but the main objectives for strikers is to score goals and he's doing it very very well.

Rooney is a very hardworking player but Manchester United fans won't be all that happy with his goal scoring record.

Any other comments from other forumers about Toni deserving a 95 rating ?

I admit that Toni isn't a team player ' date=' but he is very good in one section - Scoring goals and that is their primary objective.

Other strikers have additional skills like Henry , Ronaldo , Torres that will aid them in scoring but the main objectives for strikers is to score goals and he's doing it very very well.

Rooney is a very hardworking player but Manchester United fans won't be all that happy with his goal scoring record.

Any other comments from other forumers about Toni deserving a 95 rating ?[/quote']

I know I'm not another forumer but here's what I think. Maybe Ribery got the boost to 95 because he was creating all of Toni's goals? It's a possibility.

I know I'm not another forumer but here's what I think. Maybe Ribery got the boost to 95 because he was creating all of Toni's goals? It's a possibility.

lol :D yeah sure.

but when Ribery was in Marseille last season I'm sure he was also superb creating goals but I'm sure no one had that goal scoring record in the team;) .

I like Ribery very much and very happy for his 95 rating .

also Toni must go up as well;)

One shouldn't underestimate goal scoring instincts.

Toni and RVN possess a "special nose":D to sense a goal chance before it is even created.

It is rare in today's strikers.

Drogba doesn't fully have that now.

lol :D yeah sure.

but when Ribery was in Marseille last season I'm sure he was also superb creating goals but I'm sure no one had that goal scoring record in the team;) .

I like Ribery very much and very happy for his 95 rating .

also Toni must go up as well;)

One shouldn't underestimate goal scoring instincts.

Toni and RVN possess a "special nose":D to sense a goal chance before it is even created.

It is rare in today's strikers.

Drogba doesn't fully have that now.

Would you also consider Huntelaar as one of those players?

Neuer deserve at least 91 ' date=' what do you think ??? [/b']

Please send an PM to playerdatabase@soccermanager.com !!!:D

I have to agree he needs a rise.

But don't send an email it doesn't work, someone advised me to always send tickets and back up your suggestion with facts and statistics, eg. He was awarded best bundesliga keeper last year, he has played every game and is playing for a team in the CL Quarters, say stuff like that.

I have to agree he needs a rise.

But don't send an email it doesn't work' date=' someone advised me to always send tickets and back up your suggestion with facts and statistics, eg. He was awarded best bundesliga keeper last year, he has played every game and is playing for a team in the CL Quarters, say stuff like that.[/quote']

but i think that one of u should send an Pm because i don't know English very well and they will consider my message as spam or something ..

• 2 months later...

Time to bring this thread back to life. I have an issue I wish to discuss with Herby. This is about Klose's rating.

Well I must admit that 1 goal and 2 assists plus mostly all poor performances in the second half of the season isn't that great. But still, we have to look at his positive sides to.

Playing for Germany

Klose has 80 caps for his country, doesn't that show how important he is. Also in Euro 2008 qualifiers he scored 7 goals in 9 starts also getting 3 assists. Not to mention that 11 of his 17 shots were on goal meaning he is very dangerous. And in the actual Euro 2008 competition he has started 5 games scoring 2 goals and getting 1 assist. Hlaf of his shots (8) were on target so he must really be watched by other teams. He still has the finals left and depending on how he plays could really affect his rating.

UEFA Cup

Well, he played decently and did score quite a few goals for Bayern. In his 9 starts and 3 subs he scored 5 goals and got 1 assist. Personally I can't see how this can affect his rating negatively but it should affect his rating positively (but only slightly).

DFB Pokal

In his 4 starts and 2 subs in the DFB Pokal Miroslav Klose scored 5 goals and got 2 assists. This is definitely positive for his rating. I know many of you may think that it's easier in the DFB Pokal because he plays teams from lower divisions, well yes it is. But still that's a great record and this should count for him.

Now out of all of this I must say that I can see why Herby says he should drop. I personally believe that there is a possibility of him dropping. And no way is he going up, but I believe that he has been decent enough to keep his rating. If he went down I would be disappointed but not shocked. So we'll just see what happens.

And for some more info on some talents and risers from the Bundesliga and the 2. Bundesliga check out my thread. I'll leave the link in case you wish to check it out.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=24224

• 1 month later...

If anyone here can tell me if DEMICHELIS will get a rise or is deserving of a 94 can you please tell me now.

thanks

I think he is, but it will be touch and go if SM increase him.

Much of that will probably hinge on how he plays in the CL.

He is currently injured and didn't play the first game of the season (last w.e.) which Bayern only drew 2:2 at home against Hamburg. :eek:

I'm a bit worried as to how Bayern will perform under Klinsmann. I don't think he is good enough to take them very far in Europe as he lacks the knowledge and tactics to compete with some of the best in the game.

So to some up what I've said; do not expect him to rise eventhough he is probably worthy.

Herby

Time to bring this thread back to life. I have an issue I wish to discuss with Herby. This is about Klose's rating.

Well I must admit that 1 goal and 2 assists plus mostly all poor performances in the second half of the season isn't that great. But still' date=' we have to look at his positive sides to.

[b']Playing for Germany[/b]

Klose has 80 caps for his country, doesn't that show how important he is. Also in Euro 2008 qualifiers he scored 7 goals in 9 starts also getting 3 assists. Not to mention that 11 of his 17 shots were on goal meaning he is very dangerous. And in the actual Euro 2008 competition he has started 5 games scoring 2 goals and getting 1 assist. Hlaf of his shots (8) were on target so he must really be watched by other teams. He still has the finals left and depending on how he plays could really affect his rating.

UEFA Cup

Well, he played decently and did score quite a few goals for Bayern. In his 9 starts and 3 subs he scored 5 goals and got 1 assist. Personally I can't see how this can affect his rating negatively but it should affect his rating positively (but only slightly).

DFB Pokal

In his 4 starts and 2 subs in the DFB Pokal Miroslav Klose scored 5 goals and got 2 assists. This is definitely positive for his rating. I know many of you may think that it's easier in the DFB Pokal because he plays teams from lower divisions, well yes it is. But still that's a great record and this should count for him.

Now out of all of this I must say that I can see why Herby says he should drop. I personally believe that there is a possibility of him dropping. And no way is he going up, but I believe that he has been decent enough to keep his rating. If he went down I would be disappointed but not shocked. So we'll just see what happens.

And for some more info on some talents and risers from the Bundesliga and the 2. Bundesliga check out my thread. I'll leave the link in case you wish to check it out.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=24224

Sorry LKK, didn't see your post until now! :o

The BL is back in action so time for this threa dto thrive once more! ;)

As for Klose, I'm sorry LKK. He was ok at Euro but very poor on the w.e. against HSV. I think he'll drop when Germany is reviewed next. Right now I think 93 would be fair, based on FORM.

Yes, he has been a GIANT for the NT, and has a tremendous goal scoring record at international level. Yes, he did well in the UEFA and domestic cup competitions last season but then so should any 94 rated striker considering the quality of the opposition (not CL standards). Based on the first half of last season, he was worthy of his rating maybe even a 95 :eek: however since then he has only shown glimpses of his former self imho.

Trust me, he is one of my favourite players (after all he's a K'lautern old boy) ;) but if I'm honest and critical, he deserved to drop 1. :(

Herby

Can anyone fill me in on Khalid Boulahrouz's chances of increasing to 90?

He's just signed for Stuttgart but I don't think he played in their opening game.

He played immense in the Euro's for Holland even with the tragedy of his daughter, and I think his performances there and possibly if he can get a few games in before the ratings for Stuttgart, worthy of 90?