German Changes

Insider

Re: German Changes

Sorry LKK' date=' didn't see your post until now! :o

The BL is back in action so time for this threa dto thrive once more! ;)

As for Klose, I'm sorry LKK. He was ok at Euro but very poor on the w.e. against HSV. I think he'll drop when Germany is reviewed next. Right now I think 93 would be fair, based on FORM.

Yes, he has been a GIANT for the NT, and has a tremendous goal scoring record at international level. Yes, he did well in the UEFA and domestic cup competitions last season but then so should any 94 rated striker considering the quality of the opposition (not CL standards). Based on the first half of last season, he was worthy of his rating maybe even a 95 :eek: however since then he has only shown glimpses of his former self imho.

Trust me, he is one of my favourite players (after all he's a K'lautern old boy) ;) but if I'm honest and critical, he deserved to drop 1. :(

Herby[/quote']

Don't worry Herby, by now I agree with you. ;)

Can i get ppls thoughts on Mertesacker and Jansen please' date=' ive heard bad things about both of them :o

EDIT: And wld u say Lell a deffo +2 or only +1?[/quote']

About Mertesacker no way that he will go down. He played fantastically last season also amazing in the UEFA Cup and decent in the champions league. He may not have been the best defender in Euro 2008 but he's important to the team. I say either he goes up 1 or stays the same. Probably stays the same.

Jansen is a great player but was injured a lot last season. And when he played he wasn't that great either. I say that he goes down though. Also because he won't get a lot of chances this season. So I'd get rid of him or not buy him.

Lell is a starter for Bayern but isn't playing amazing. But he is playing well so I'll say that he goes up 1. But he'll be playing a lot this season as well and he is young so you should keep/buy him. Next time he'll probably go up again.

I hope this has helped, cheers!

Can anyone fill me in on Khalid Boulahrouz's chances of increasing to 90?

He's just signed for Stuttgart but I don't think he played in their opening game.

He played immense in the Euro's for Holland even with the tragedy of his daughter' date=' and I think his performances there and possibly if he can get a few games in before the ratings for Stuttgart, worthy of 90?[/quote']

Mate, I think it would be better to ask on a Spanish Ratings thread due to his rating being judged on last season. Cheers.

How about Thomas Muller of Bayern Munich? He's 18 and has recently been added to the database at a rating of 75. He scored a hatrick in pre-season and is making substitute appearances in the league.

Could have a small rise.

This guy is good. Made 3/3 appearances for Bayern B (playing in German 3) and scored a goals. Also like you say he got 10 minutes for Bayern's main team. We'll see how he gets on, but he could be a decent riser

This guy is good. Made 3/3 appearances for Bayern B (playing in German 3) and scored a goals. Also like you say he got 10 minutes for Bayern's main team. We'll see how he gets on' date=' but he could be a decent riser[/quote']

Unfortunately I must disagree with this. When he plays for the regular Bayern squad he's quite useless. The only advantage is that he gets early experience, but I can say that he isn't playing well at all.

LKK, i've read the main thread on him, but just wondering your thoughts on Diego Benaglio?

To me, he is one of the Bundesliga's finest keepers and played fairly well considering the defence in front of him for Switzerland at Euro 2008.

Could he do a Steve Mandanda and jump from 88 to 90?

LKK' date=' i've read the main thread on him, but just wondering your thoughts on Diego Benaglio?

To me, he is one of the Bundesliga's finest keepers and played fairly well considering the defence in front of him for Switzerland at Euro 2008.

Could he do a Steve Mandanda and jump from 88 to 90?[/quote']

Well he was probably the best keeper in the Bundesliga last season. Also he is the starting Swiss keeper right. He did make 1 mistake in Euro 2008 but I do agree with you about the poor defense. I personally believe that he could possibly make the jump to 90. Depends on how his next games are until the next changes. But I believe that he'll probably only receive 89 however I know that he is a 90+ player, he just needs more time to prove that. I hope that this has helped, cheers!

But hasn't he only made about 3 sub appearances for the main team?

Perhaps he needs a little more time before he is classified as useless?

Unfortunately I must disagree with this. When he plays for the regular Bayern squad he's quite useless. The only advantage is that he gets early experience' date=' but I can say that he isn't playing well at all.[/quote']

Well he was probably the best keeper in the Bundesliga last season.

That's not quite true LKK. Adler was the undesputed best GK in the BL last season but I would say that Benaglio was in the top 3 and that should see him rise to 89. I think if he and Wolfsburg has another great season (which is very likely after their spending spree and investments), then I think he could get to 90 by season's end. ;)

Herby

That's not quite true LKK. Adler was the undesputed best GK in the BL last season but I would say that Benaglio was in the top 3 and that should see him rise to 89. I think if he and Wolfsburg has another great season (which is very likely after their spending spree and investments)' date=' then I think he could get to 90 by season's end. ;)

Herby[/quote']

Hey mate, I actually believe that he was the best keeper. However he wasn't in the Bundesliga last season as long as Adler so I guess Adler had more time to prove himself. But in my opinion in the time Benaglio was playing, he was the best of the best.

Rakitic should get increase' date=' yesterday he scored 2 goals and had assist, he was the best player. Last Bundesliga match he had 2 assists.[/quote']

Since the changes are coming up soon he will be graded on last season (or the second half of last season) where he only played decently. Not even that good, however I do believe SM will boost him because many people think he deserves the boost more then he does and SM doesn't want the whole game to hate them.

Will Nigel De Jong of Hamburger SV be going up?

Nigel De Jong might have a decent chance to rise to 91 this season' date=' I don't watch too much German Bundesliga football, but he does seem very decent to me. [b']Nigel De Jong[/b] did start the first game this season and he is probably going to start alongside David Jarolim this season in CM, like last season when he played 29 games and scored once.

He is also a Dutch International

I'd say he might rise but not 100% sure.

Yo, can't wait for the German changes. They are the only ones I care about :).

I have a few off-the-wall players who I'm curious about:

- Manual Fischer

- Edin Dzeko

Any thoughts on how much they'll increase? I'm thinking

Fischer 78 -> 83 because he's Stuttgart's 4th (and actually 3rd with Cacau hurt a lot) choice at forward in a 2-forward set. I think he needs to be that high.

Dzeko 86->88/89 because he was a top 5 forward over the past 10 games last Bundesliga. He's starting now with Wolfsburg and deserves to be as high as the likes of Hugo Almedia, Rosenborg, Sanogo, Klasnic, Graffite, and Zidan.

Thoughts?

Also, I thought for sure Benaglio would have been mentioned, but I went back in the thread and didn't see him specifically talked about rating-wise.

What do you think he'll rise to exactly?

I'm feeling 88->89/90. He played awesome in the Bundesliga at the end of last season, but played very poor for the Swiss in Euro2008. I don't think he deserves to be as high as Adler, Neuer, etc., but I think being the same as Wiese, Enke, and the like is fair. He deserves to be at least an 89, and probably a 90 based on his play last season.

Yo' date=' can't wait for the German changes. They are the only ones I care about :).

I have a few off-the-wall players who I'm curious about:

- Manual Fischer

- Edin Dzeko

Any thoughts on how much they'll increase? I'm thinking

Fischer [b']78 -> 83[/b] because he's Stuttgart's 4th (and actually 3rd with Cacau hurt a lot) choice at forward in a 2-forward set. I think he needs to be that high.

Dzeko 86->88/89 because he was a top 5 forward over the past 10 games last Bundesliga. He's starting now with Wolfsburg and deserves to be as high as the likes of Hugo Almedia, Rosenborg, Sanogo, Klasnic, Graffite, and Zidan.

Thoughts?

Well Fischer has received 2 Bundesliga subs. No way is that enough to earn an 83. He received 28 Bundesliga minutes, I do not at all think that deserves an 83. Also I don't think he's 4th choice. Ljuboja is ahead of him (I think). That makes him 5th choice (second last). I think he'll go up like 1 or 2. That's maximum.

And Dzeko played very poorly since the last changes. When I say poorly I mean poorly. His performances weren't good but he did manage 3 goals and 3 assists in 14 games. Plus his Bosnian caps, I believe that SM will have a difficult time choosing whether he should be 86 or 87.