German Changes

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: German Changes Well I just looked through the whole thread! (starting after the old rating changes). I have listed many players and hopefully did not reapeat any. Here you go: Bayern Munchen Ze

Re: German Changes Demichelis 91 - 92/93 altintop 89-91 jerome boateng 83-86+ petric 89-91 kroos 73-80 toni

Re: German Changes Not making this easy for me are ya Tom?? Ok' date=' here is the squad as per the club's website: [b']Weidenfeller, Roman (1)[/b] 06.08.1980 (1st choice GK. Solid but nit specia

Re: German Changes

Also' date=' I thought for sure Benaglio would have been mentioned, but I went back in the thread and didn't see him specifically talked about rating-wise.

What do you think he'll rise to exactly?

I'm feeling [b']88->89/90[/b]. He played awesome in the Bundesliga at the end of last season, but played very poor for the Swiss in Euro2008. I don't think he deserves to be as high as Adler, Neuer, etc., but I think being the same as Wiese, Enke, and the like is fair. He deserves to be at least an 89, and probably a 90 based on his play last season.

As I said in the last page:

Well he was probably the best keeper in the Bundesliga last season. Also he is the starting Swiss keeper right. He did make 1 mistake in Euro 2008 but I do agree with you about the poor defense. I personally believe that he could possibly make the jump to 90. Depends on how his next games are until the next changes. But I believe that he'll probably only receive 89 however I know that he is a 90+ player, he just needs more time to prove that. I hope that this has helped, cheers!

And a thread I did on him:

Diego Benaglio

I was wondering how Hamit Altintop and Josue did last season' date=' and how their ratings will be affected :) ?

Thanks in advance[/quote']

Hamit Altintop only played 5 games since the last changes due to injury. But when he played he played very well! Also he was very important to Turkey, it wouldn't be fair to drop him if they didn't drop Frings who didn't play at all. So I believe he will stay.

Josue played quite well last season, his performances were on the better side. Also his 16 caps for Brazil definitely help. Other things like DFB Pokal etc. contribute however from everything my prediction is that his rating stays the same.

I hope this helped, cheers!

Do you see Barnetta increasing any time soon?

Well since the last rating changes he played well. Not only in the Bundesliga, but also in the UEFA Cup. Not to mention his good performances when he receives his caps for Switzerland (he has 35 Swiss caps now). I can see him going up. This isn't 100%, but I say about 65% chance he goes up. I hope this helps, cheers!

Helps a lot mate.

One more' date=' how about Marko Marin? 84 seems a bit low for a German international.[/quote']

Marin played very well last season in the 2. Bundesliga. But you can't really call him a German international at only 2 caps. For example his team mate Soumaila Coulibaly has 62 caps for Mali. However Coulibaly is rated under Marin believe it or not at 83. So I wouldn't go using the international 2 caps thing quite yet. However he did play well and has started the Bundesliga playing well. Personally I say that by the next changes he'll be rated 86. So that will be +2 for him. Because there are so many more deserving players then Marin, it's just that due to his age he seems to be a bit over-hyped. Once again cheers!

The Young Guns!

How about some more lesser-knowns, but up-and-comers.. mostly the U21/U19 playmakers:

Denis Aogo - DM - 21/84

Lars Bender - DM - 19/83

Timo Gebhart - CM/AM - 19/79

Max Kruse - AM/W - 20/78

Mesu Ozil - LM/AM - 19/87

Marc Andre Kruska - CM/DM - 21/87

Patrick Ebert - W/AM - 21/87

Sami Khedira - CM/AM - 21/88

Serder Tasci - CB/RB - 21/88

Sebastian Boenisch - LB - 21/84

Adreas Beck - RB/LB - 21/84

David Vrzogic - LB - 19/78

Benedikt Howeds - CB/LB - 20/79

Marko Marin AM/W/18/84

Toni Kroos AM/18/83

Denis AOGO

He got a transfer for HSV, and I'm curious to see if that will bump him up to an 85 or not. He's been playing great ball for the U21 team. Him and Bender I think will be fighting for where Frings is playing on the national team in about 5 years.

My guess: Aogo 84->85

Lars Bender

Has been one of the top 3 players on the U19/U21 team. He's playing awesome! Plus he's the heart of the TSV 1860 midfield, only at 19. It's too bad really that 1860 choked and didn't get to the first division instead of Koln. It's also too bad he hasn't gotten a transfer to a club like Shaulke, et al.

My guess: Bender 83->84

Timo Gebhart

Has been said to be the best player on the U19 team. Obviously only because Kroos and Marin aren't there, but still. I'd totally pick him up if you get a chance.

My guess: Gebhart 79->82, position change from CM/AM -> AM/CM or AM/F

Max Kruse

He's getting a little more mention of becoming a regular at Werder, but hasn't happened yet. He's been a great outside MF though for the U21 team. Him and Khedira work well together.

My guess: Kruse 78->80, position change from AM/W -> W/AM

Mesut Ozil

I think he came out of the gate hot when he was young, but is not starting to lose some steam. He hasn't been a big name on the youth squads, and doesn't deserve his current rating imo.

My guess: Ozil 87->86

Marc-Andre Kruska

Been one of the rocks of BVB's midfield, and was linked to Real Madrid briefly a few months ago. Scoring goals too. I like him to go up to the same rating at Khedira.

My guess: Kruska 87->88

Patrick Ebert

Scored an opening week goal, played well end of last season although Berlin kind of pooped out. I like how he's progessing and if I was in the market for a W, I would consider buying him for a good deal.

My guess: Ebert 87->88

Sami Khedira

To be honest, everyone knows I love Stuttgart, but I'm not too impressed by Khedira. I think his playing time is the only reason he gets the 88, as I think his form almost every game is more like an 86. Also, he's not going to get as much playing time this year with Stuttgart... that's my feeling. I think he stays the same or drops.

My guess: Khedira 88->87/88

Serdar Tasci

Been a hot name the past couple weeks, I'm actually always impressed by him. I thought he was better than Delpierre (CB/91) last year, and will be a better CB than Miera (CB/92) (seriously, calling it!). I think he is not overrated. And his recent first team callup is great to see. Due to him being a top 3 CB for Stuttgart, and the top call at RB if he's not playing CB, I think he's going to stay at 88 or actually raise to 89 (no way he's not the same as Kompany.........)

My guess: Tasci 88->89

Sebastian Boenisch

Watch him be a 1st team LB for Werder by the middle of the season... Calling it now. Also, he was one of the top backs for the U21 team.

My guess: For now, Boenisch 84->85

Andreas Beck

Not getting a good spot at Stuttgart hurt him, but getting playing at as a starter for Hoffenhiem will be good as we'll see exactly what he's made of. I think he's a gamble to raise, but won't fall much.

My guess: Beck 84->85/86

David Vrzogic

This guy got all the playing time as a back for the U19 team, and along with Hummels was their most important defender. They were awesome. I need to see him get some BVB playing time though until he becomes the likes of Tasci 2 years from now.

My guess: Vrzogic 78->80/81

Benedikt Howedes

He's getting some good hype, but another one like Vrzogic who I need to see get 1st team playing time a lot. Still in for a slight raise though as I don't why he's lower than Boenisch.

My guess: Howedes 79-81

And lastly, I know they are talked about a ton, but I wanted to give my 2 cents worth:

Marin 84-87

Kroos 83-87

No way I see why both are lower than Rakitik. 87 seems about right. Also, I saw Michael Bradley go from an 84-89 in the Dutch ratings, and these guys deserve a close, but not same increase.

By the way, LKK, you were talking earlier that Fischer was Stuttgart's 5th choice.

Well, Cacau is injured, and Galastaray are looking to buy Marica: http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=829436

On top of that, Fischer has been getting all the subs instead of Ljubja. I think Ljubja's rating is misleading because he's really a 83-rated F in my mind now. When was his last meaningful game played? 2 years ago?

If Stuttgart sells Marica, Fischer would be the #2 forward alongside Gomez! Although I would assume they'd buy someone else for depth if they sold Marica.

By the way' date=' LKK, you were talking earlier that Fischer was Stuttgart's 5th choice.

Well, Cacau is injured, and Galastaray are looking to buy Marica: [url']http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=829436[/url]

On top of that, Fischer has been getting all the subs instead of Ljubja. I think Ljubja's rating is misleading because he's really a 83-rated F in my mind now. When was his last meaningful game played? 2 years ago?

If Stuttgart sells Marica, Fischer would be the #2 forward alongside Gomez! Although I would assume they'd buy someone else for depth if they sold Marica.

Well Gomez is first choice we all know that. Then Cacau, no matter if he's injured or not he'll usually be second choice, I'm not just talking about now. After Cacau is Marica, and I doubt he'll go to Galatasaray, they've already spent a lot this summer and they're in total dept. After Marica is Ljuboja. Tell me when Fischer got "all the subs" instead of Ljuboja. If Ljuboja was to be 5th string striker I doubt Armin Veh would buy him as they already have Matthias Morys. You don't buy a striker just to put them as fifth choice (unless you're Bayern).

Got another one for you :D:o . Lehmann recently signed for VFB meaning Ulreich won't get too much game time this season. But is he still worth keeping' date=' and what do you reckon his future rating could be?

Thanks in advance :)[/quote']

He'll probably go up to 86 due to him basically being a starter since last changes. However after that I don't see his rating going anywhere. But hey, Lehmann has to retire some day. :D

Will Schneider keep his rating? and btw' date=' any [u']german[/u] forward that will increase or will do it during this season? thx

Well Schneider was injured last season for a lot of the time and since the last rating changes when he played he played poorly. It hurts me to say this however I do believe that Schneider will drop 1. I hope that's the info you were looking for.

Also from German strikers you want players who will do well this season? Well we can't be certain but my predictions on successful German strikers this season is:

Patrick Helmes

Kevin Kuranyi

Mario Gomez

Steffan Kiessling

Lukas Podolski

Sorry mate, but that's all I can think of for now with predicting ahead of time and judging on the first matchday. Cheers!

By the way' date=' LKK, you were talking earlier that Fischer was Stuttgart's 5th choice.

Well, Cacau is injured, and Galastaray are looking to buy Marica: [url']http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=829436[/url]

marica is not going to galata , maybe other team but not galata :rolleyes:

marica is not going to galata ' date=' maybe other team but not galata :rolleyes:[/quote']

Exactly my thoughts. Galatasaray have already spent so much cash and are in so much debt! It just wouldn't make financial sense. But I also doubt that he's leaving to another team. I mean Stuttgart can't survive a season with 2 experienced strikers (1 with constant injuries), 1 experienced bench warmer and 2 inexperienced youth players. Stuttgart need as much help as they can get up front.

You know what I would like to see? Yildiray Basturk playing as a striker for Stuttgart! He wouldn't be able to get headers due to his hight but maybe he could be more of a Messi type player?