German Changes

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: German Changes Well I just looked through the whole thread! (starting after the old rating changes). I have listed many players and hopefully did not reapeat any. Here you go: Bayern Munchen Ze

Re: German Changes Demichelis 91 - 92/93 altintop 89-91 jerome boateng 83-86+ petric 89-91 kroos 73-80 toni

Re: German Changes Not making this easy for me are ya Tom?? Ok' date=' here is the squad as per the club's website: [b']Weidenfeller, Roman (1)[/b] 06.08.1980 (1st choice GK. Solid but nit specia

Re: German Changes

Don't worry mate' date=' I know that you didn't claim any of that stuff. I was just reminding you 2. Also I like Altintop much better then Borowski. It's always exciting watching Altintop because he could do anything anytime. You never know when he'll take a shot on net and his free kicks are great.[/quote']

LKK, you wouldn't be biased re: Altintop because he's turkish, would you?? lol :D I'm an Altintop fan too, but he was poor against Dortmund. :o

Although he did take the corner that led to Borowski's equaliser (scramble).

I think Borowski was very impressive when he came on. Changed the game and was quite inspirational, really tried to lift his team mates (which is what the captain should be doing, unfortunately he'd already had his shower by then). :P

LKK' date=' you wouldn't be biased re: Altintop because he's turkish, would you?? lol :D I'm an Altintop fan too, but he was poor against Dortmund. :o

Although he did take the corner that led to Borowski's equaliser (scramble).

I think Borowski was very impressive when he came on. Changed the game and was quite inspirational, really tried to lift his team mates (which is what the captain should be doing, unfortunately he'd already had his shower by then). :P[/quote']

Well mate, as you know I'm half Turkish. And my other half is German and I do have German passport so if I said Borowski is better would I be being biased? :D But I agree with you about his poor last game. It wasn't impressive at all but when I was talking about his skills etc. I was referring to his usual performances.

haltintop isn't injured? he will not be away 3 weeks :?

Actually you're correct mate. I'm not sure how long he's going to be away (but I'll trust your 3 weeks) so Borowski might be taking Altintop's spot? Who knows, I hope Altintop makes it back into the line up though.

great thread.

Excellent work by LKK and others. rep coming your way!!!

1 question - any info on Jermaine Jones with Schalke.

Possible stats and a rise in ratings?

Unfortunately J. Jones was injured after 30 mins in the first match of the season and looks to be out for at least 6 weeks. :(

Below are his stats from last season:( .

He was called up (again) for the German NT for the friendly against Belgium but had to withdraw due to his injury. So far he has just the 1 A-cap, against Austria last year.

I think he is a chance at a 90, but it will be touch and go imho.

Season 2007/08 - J. Jones/FC Schalke04

Played 30 (started 29 & 1 sub in, 3 sub outs) out of the 34 games last season.

Managed 1 goal and 1 assist.

9 yellow cards, 1 red card.

Kicker grade avg 3,14 (which made him 25th best player in the BL).

Herby

haltintop isn't injured? he will not be away 3 weeks :?

Altintop is injured, it's his foot again that was operated towards the end of last season when he had a metal plate inserted. I read he could be out for up to a month so my guess is that Borowski or Kroos will get a chance on the right, although Schweinsteiger could move to RM and Ze Roberto could play LM but with Van Bommel out I'm pretty sure that Ze Roberto (if fit) will play CM. Geeee, what a shame to see bayern with so many injuries so early in the season. :eek::rolleyes::D

Herby

p.s. LKK, just having a laugh, I know you're not biased. ;) Although I won't forget your Stuttgart comments in a hurry! lol :P

Poor Schalke, they fork out big moeny for Farfan and Engelaar and both get injured pre-season and now they're out of the CL. Could be a tough season for them. :rolleyes:

Look out for HSV having a good year. They could be a dark horse for the title. ;) I think they've made some cracking signings in Petric, Alex Silva and now Jansen. I guess that means that the Monzon deal is off, and he'll probably go to Betis.

I'd love to know what they paid for Jansen!?!? :eek:

Herby

Unfortunately J. Jones was injured after 30 mins in the first match of the season and looks to be out for at least 6 weeks. :(

Below are his stats from last season:( .

He was called up (again) for the German NT for the friendly against Belgium but had to withdraw due to his injury. So far he has just the 1 A-cap' date=' against Austria last year.

I think he is a chance at a 90, but it will be touch and go imho.

Season 2007/08 - J. Jones/FC Schalke04

Played 30 (started 29 & 1 sub in, 3 sub outs) out of the 34 games last season.

Managed 1 goal and 1 assist.

9 yellow cards, 1 red card.

Kicker grade avg 3,14 (which made him 25th best player in the BL).

Herby[/quote']

Edit: He started against Athletico Madrid in today's CL Qualifier, which Schalke lost 4-0. I didn't see the game so have no idea how he played, but he was subbed out after 72 mins and received a YC in the 45th min. :)

Cheers, H.

1899 will crash and burn just like Karlsruhe did last year. My guess at the end of the year:

Schaulke

Bayern

Wolfsburg

Werder

Stuttgart

Leverkusen

Hoffenhiem

Hamburg

Hannover96

I'm getting really excited for these ratings. The only team I've really cared about for the past 6 months has been my TSV 1860 Munich team in GC11. Top of the table in the Bundesliga 1 baby! And these German ratings will really help me out.

I wish I had some more present gems approaching the 90-rating area, rather than future gems. People like Gentner, Trochowski, Westermann, Adler, etc. Right now I only got future stars like

Marin

Hummels

Fischer

Gebhart

Bender

Rudy

Aogo

Pezzoni

Bigalke

Risse

Hennings

Muller

(working on Kroos :))

And with the exception of Marin and possibly Hummels, none of them will be over 80-85 any time soon.

Well Karlsruher didn't really crash and burn. They had a fantastic season for a newly promoted team. However with your prediction, I definitely can't see Hannover and Wolfsburg so high. And there is no way that Schalke will be placing 1st. I believe that the title will belong to maybe Bayern or Hamburg. However instead of maybe putting Wolfsburg so high I'd replace them with Dortmund who are fantastic this season. Also take Leverkusen of that list. That's my opinion. Cheers. :)

1899 will crash and burn just like Karlsruhe did last year. My guess at the end of the year:

Schaulke

Bayern

Wolfsburg

Werder

Stuttgart

Leverkusen

Hoffenhiem

Hamburg

Hannover96

I'm getting really excited for these ratings. The only team I've really cared about for the past 6 months has been my TSV 1860 Munich team in GC11. Top of the table in the Bundesliga 1 baby! And these German ratings will really help me out.

I wish I had some more present gems approaching the 90-rating area' date=' rather than future gems. People like Gentner, Trochowski, Westermann, Adler, etc. Right now I only got future stars like

Marin

Hummels

Fischer

Gebhart

Bender

Rudy

Aogo

Pezzoni

Bigalke

Risse

Hennings

Muller

(working on Kroos :))

And with the exception of Marin and possibly Hummels, none of them will be over 80-85 any time soon.[/quote']

Hi Kris,

Tell me, did you have Sebastian Rudy added to the DM??

Sometimes SM really frustrate the **** out of me. Their inconsistancy when adding young players to the DB is out of control lately.

The 2 brazilians that have made their debuts for CL holders Man U last week were added at 74 (R. Da Silva) and 76 (Possebon). Both will feature for Man U a LOT more than Sebastian Rudy will for VfB Stuttgart this season, of that I'm 110% certain and yet the young german U18 international was added to the DB at 77. I know some of you will say, that's fair enough but he's been playing for the reserves in the 3rd division up until this season when he was added to the senior squad and made his debut in the 1st round of the cup.

I really think that players of his age should debut on the DB at 70-74, without prejudice.

He'll increase with time, but even Veh said that competition in midfield this season is so great that he can't see Rudy playing anywhere but in the Regionaliga (3rd Div).

Anyway, my rant is over for today.

I think Hamburg could surprise and finish top 5. Of course Bayern, Schalke (without CL distraction) and Werder will be up there. As much as I'd love to see my beloved VfB in there, I think they won't make the top 5. Leverkusena and Wolfsburg will be the other 2 teams fighting it out for UEFA cup places. Dortmund is a very young team this year and could also surprise but I think they'll need this year to mature and gel, look out for a BVB revival next season. So here's my prediction for the final table:

Schalke

Hamburg

Bayern

Werder

Leverkusen

Wolfsburg

Stuttgart

Dortmund

Well Karlsruher didn't really crash and burn. They had a fantastic season for a newly promoted team. However with your prediction' date=' I definitely can't see Hannover and Wolfsburg so high. And there is no way that Schalke will be placing 1st. I believe that the title will belong to maybe Bayern or Hamburg. However instead of maybe putting Wolfsburg so high I'd replace them with Dortmund who are fantastic this season. Also take Leverkusen of that list. That's my opinion. Cheers. :)[/quote']

Well, I agree with you about Karlsruhe, but I fear that they could get relegated this season along with either Cologne, B. M'gladbach and/or Bielefeld imho.

Btw - I think you're wrong about Wolfsburg and especially Leverkusen. The bayer boys will have a few good season imho, as will Dortmund ;) I agree with you there. I'm sure Klopp would love to have Frei available and fit again. :o

Herby

I've noticed you guys hyping Hamburg a lot the past few posts, but I (from a non-German league following person, who knows you may convert me :D ) believe they might falter after the sale of Van Der Vaart.

What I want to know is, if they didn't sell Van Der Vaart, would you think they'd be actual champions not runners-up?