German Changes

Re: German Changes

Mr How' date='

I thought Ottl was terrible last w.e. against BVB.

I heard Ze Roberto was missing due to muscular problems :confused: but I think they really missed his presence and work rate in midfield and despite kicker only giving the Brazilian a 3.5 for his opening day efforts against HSV, I personally thought that he was best on field. :o

Kroos isn't quite up to the standard yet, Ottl will never be, Ze Roberto injured, Van Bommel crazy and suspended, that doesn't leave many options in CM. I think Borowski will end up being a very handy player for Bayern this season, partly because of his versatility of being 2 footed and being able to play wide or central midfield.

Herby[/quote']

Ottl is allways awful, I simply hate that guy. I dont know why he is still in the squad, he is the worst footballer I've ever seen in Bayern. NEVER figthing for his team, NEVER running just jogging, ALLWAYS loses balls and ALLWAYS doing idiot and unneeded tackles..

Zé Roberto is a real footballer, he is the kind of guy who allways give 100%. No matter how many minutes left of the match, he allways try to make something special, and I think he is allways excellent. Great tackles, wonderful passes and dribbles, a very clever player and unselfish! Unfortunately that injury was the reason that he wasnt in the squad against BVB and that idiot Ottl was instead of him.

I 100% agree with You about that CM question. Kroos is a huge talent, but could help more as a sub and not as starter. Ottl is still not a footballer, and will never be as I said and You. van Bommel.. well, this is hard, because he is a great leader but yes, he has a crazy behaviour, and sometimes too agressive, but he is a key figure, with no doubt.. His red card last week was disappointing, mostly because Mr. Fandel (I cant say how much I hate him..) simply "forgot" to give a few things against Dortmund, but gave a few things to Dortmund against Bayern.. Fandel hates Bayern, we all know this.. Borowski needs a little time to settle in, but he will be a regular player in my oppinion, because he is good enough to play. With Hamit's long injury ( :(((( ), van Bommel's suspensions he has great chances. Also, I'm a huge Bayern fan (this is not a new info I think.. :D), but the management is a huge idiot now. They MUST buy new players.. got only three professional strikers, and thats simply not enough for a full season. Yesterday, they sold Marcell Jansen to HSV (cant understand this!!!), so this means only one left back remains, namely Philipp Lahm. So if he got injured, there will be no left back, because the other defenders are right wings or centre backs.. So to be honest, I cant understand Bayern's philosophy right now, because they simply need players.. Need a real midfielder, a striker and Jansen's departure was a huge mistake. The results are bads too, this should be a message to Klinsmann and to Hoeness, but they cant understand this. I'm afraid that this season will be a huge dissapointment to the fans, because players like Ottl will never help Bayern against bigger teams..

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: German Changes Well I just looked through the whole thread! (starting after the old rating changes). I have listed many players and hopefully did not reapeat any. Here you go: Bayern Munchen Ze

Re: German Changes Demichelis 91 - 92/93 altintop 89-91 jerome boateng 83-86+ petric 89-91 kroos 73-80 toni

Re: German Changes Not making this easy for me are ya Tom?? Ok' date=' here is the squad as per the club's website: [b']Weidenfeller, Roman (1)[/b] 06.08.1980 (1st choice GK. Solid but nit specia

Hamburg? Really? Hmm the things against HSV:

- They lost VDV, have no real replacement for him

- They lost Kompany and didn't get Monzon as he went to Betis at the last second

- Petric is just as streaky as Zidan

- Defense?

I really think HSV is going to be worse than people expect this year. They won't make top 4 or 5.

Also, I don't like Schaulke as a fan, but watch out for them. The whole team seems hungry, and they got Farfan and Engelaar, two very underrated transfer grabs this summer. Once Neuer is healthy, man they got top talent all over the field. I still say top 5 will be

Schaulke

Bayern

Wolfsburg

Werder

Stuttgart/Leverkusen

I think they just signed Thiago Neves!!! Up with their chances?

- They lost VDV' date=' have no real replacement for him

- They lost Kompany and didn't get Monzon as he went to Betis at the last second

- Defense?

I really think HSV is going to be worse than people expect this year. They won't make top 4 or 5.

Also, I don't like Schaulke as a fan, but watch out for them. The whole team seems hungry, and they got Farfan and Engelaar, two very underrated transfer grabs this summer. Once Neuer is healthy, man they got top talent all over the field. I still say top 5 will be

Schaulke

Bayern

Wolfsburg

Werder

Stuttgart/Leverkusen[/quote']

It looks like Alex Silva isn't there quite yet... http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=837339

But they did just officially swoop in on Jansen from Bayern! Holy cow! Yes, I do admit that some of their purchases, and prospective purchases, in the past day have definitely made them better in my eyes. Still not going to top Bayern, Schaulke, or Werder I think :)

(p.s. Why can't Stuttgart ever sign cool players?!?!?!??! The Leverkusens get folks like Renato, Shaulkes get Engelaar and Farfan, HSVs get Alex Silva, Thiago Neves, and Jansen.... we got.... Martin Lanig and Jan Simak STUTTGART?!)

Well' date=' I agree with you about Karlsruhe, but I fear that they could get relegated this season along with either Cologne, B. M'gladbach and/or Bielefeld imho.

Btw - I think you're wrong about Wolfsburg and especially Leverkusen. The bayer boys will have a few good season imho, as will Dortmund ;) I agree with you there. I'm sure Klopp would love to have Frei available and fit again. :o

Herby[/quote']

Well mate, Wolfsburg is good but were actually much better without all of the new transfers. They will do well, but not that well. Also Leverkusen aren't playing well this season (so far imho) and will need to step up their game if they want to play well. Cheers!

P.S - Kuba is amazing every time he gets the ball on the right wing eh?

Ok' date=' Hamburg are playing amazing. Has anybody seen them play? They are going to do so well this season. Who needs Van Der Vaart, Trochowski has taken over his role and playing just as well as he did. Trust me Hamburg will do well and Leverkusen won't. Also Wolfsburg won't do that good.[/quote']

I swear to God so far, winning the Emirates cup has boosted everyones confidence lol look at Arsenal beginning of last season aswell...:rolleyes:

Well I do live in the middle of the USA, and can't speak German, and can never actually WATCH the games... so I definitely trust your guys' judgements on things.

I do read a lot though, and do research a ton, and my gut feeling is HSV will not be as good as people think. But if I'm wrong, you guys can definitely tell me "told you so," but that's just my gut reaction. We'll have to see how it plays out.

Well I do live in the middle of the USA' date=' and can't speak German, and can never actually WATCH the games... so I definitely trust your guys' judgements on things.

I do read a lot though, and do research a ton, and my gut feeling is HSV will [i']not[/i] be as good as people think. But if I'm wrong, you guys can definitely tell me "told you so," but that's just my gut reaction. We'll have to see how it plays out.

True, I can't wait to shove this in your face at the end of the season. :D

Looks like they are also getting Kranjcar for 10mil?

No, they won't! Kranjcar tore his ACL the other day playing for Pompey and will now be sidelined for at least 3 months. As soon as it happened, HSV said they weren't interested anymore and would look elsewhere. :o

I thought the loss of Van Der Vaart would cripple the club but it looks as though a few of the 'big name' players in Trochowski, Olic and Jarolim have all stepped up and taken more responsibility this season. The team is playing well and maybe Martin Jol can do wonders there, who knows?? They certainly have made some good signings since VDV's departure.

I'll remind you Kris If my predictions are even remotely close come April next year. lol :D

Herby

(p.s. Why can't Stuttgart ever sign cool players?!?!?!??! The Leverkusens get folks like Renato' date=' Shaulkes get Engelaar and Farfan, HSVs get Alex Silva, Thiago Neves, and Jansen.... we got.... [b']Martin Lanig and Jan Simak[/b] STUTTGART?!)

Are you saying the injured Khalid Boulahrouz isn't a 'cool' signing? lol

I don't know mate, Stuttgart have always sucked buying players. The only reason we've ever been semi successful is due to our youth academy. :o

Without the likes of Kuranyi, Hinkel, Gomez, Tasci, Khedira, etc we would've been relegated years ago. lol

In fact the most successful transfers in recent history were the Mexicans (Pardo and Osario). Before that it was Dunga, Sammer, Klinsmann, Hleb, Elber, Bobic and Balakov ...... a lot more flops than success stories. Don't even get me started!!! lol

p.s. Alex Silva signed a 5 year deal on Wednesday mate so he's definitely there . ;)http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=566970&sec=europe&cc=3436

Tiago Neves I'm not so sure will make it to the Hansestadt but we'll see. :P;)

The club must surely be running out of cash soon. :eek:

- They lost VDV' date=' have no real replacement for him

- Defense?

[/quote']

Well, I think you're wrong! lol

I think Alex Silva will settle in well and tighten up the defence. He and Mathijsen could make a fine duo.

Jansen will be the new LB, so Monzon for his excessive millions will no longer be required. He can rot in Betis for all I care (yes, bought him for all of my teams expecting him to arrive in Hamburg and play BL - no, I'm not dirty at all! :mad: lol)

If Neves arrives then they have a playmaker to partner the strong David Jarolim and/or Nigel De Jong in CM.

Petric is streaky but his freakishness will win them some games no doubt. I rate him MUCH higher than Zidan btw.

I think Guerrero has looked sharp and back to his best. If he leads the line with Petric in behind him with Olic wide on the right and Trochowski on the left I think HSV will be dangerous in attack and pretty strong right across the pitch.

I think their starting XI will look like this

Rost (GK)

Jansen (LB)

Alex Silva (CB)

Mathijsen (CB)

Demel/J. Boateng (RB)

Jarolim (CM)

De Jong (CM)

Olic (W/RM)

Trochowski (W/LM)

Tiago Neves/Petric (AM/F)

Guerrero (CF)

I they can keep these guys injury free and playing the way they have the past fortnight then I think a top 4 or 5 finish is HIGHLY likely. :eek:

Cheers,

Herby