German Changes

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: German Changes Well I just looked through the whole thread! (starting after the old rating changes). I have listed many players and hopefully did not reapeat any. Here you go: Bayern Munchen Ze

Re: German Changes Demichelis 91 - 92/93 altintop 89-91 jerome boateng 83-86+ petric 89-91 kroos 73-80 toni

Re: German Changes Not making this easy for me are ya Tom?? Ok' date=' here is the squad as per the club's website: [b']Weidenfeller, Roman (1)[/b] 06.08.1980 (1st choice GK. Solid but nit specia

Re: German Changes

It's over.

http://blog.soccermanager.com/players/player-ratings/player-ratings-mon-15th-aug-section-6-of-12-belgium-france-switzerland.html

No increase for Fritz or Lell.

I can see alot of angry tickets going to SM about this! :mad:

I just can't believe it! :mad:

Many players deserved rating change and only few were checked by SM.I just can't see the reason why Lell didn't get any rating increase to 90/91. :eek: (regular in Bayern last and this season)

I know people are disappointed with Lell, I have him in a lot of teams too and personally thought he would rise to a 90, until I checked Kicker!

When I appeal a rating with SM I rarely lose as normally the facts are fully on my side. Last season though I appealed why Sofian Chahed of Hertha Berlin had remained at 86 when he had played in 2693 minutes out of 3060. The reason SM gave was that for the German Bundesliga it's not just a case of minutes played it's also the rating the player received in Kicker - a german site that analyses how well Bundesliga players are playing.

Last season Chahed rated 4.08 and SM said anything above a 4.00 rating is considered poor and that's why Chahed didn't increase.

See: http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/topspieler/saison/2007-08/topspieler_position/0/topspieler_verein/29

Chahed has been dropped from the starting line-up at Hertha and has played only 46 minutes of the first 4 games, vindicating SM's view not to increase based largely on Kicker ratings.

So what? I hear some forumers say, well let's take a look at some Bundesliga players who didn't get the expected increases:

Christian Lell is rated at 4.00 (poor this season, he was 3.43 in 07/08) see: http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/topspieler/saison/2008-09/topspieler_position/0/topspieler_verein/14

Lell's assessed performance so far is lower than any of Hoffenheim's newly promoted squad.

Clemens Fritz is rated at an atrocious 5.50 (he was 3.33 in 07/08) see:

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/topspieler/saison/2008-09/topspieler_position/0/topspieler_verein/4 Fritz is actually currently the worst rated player out of the 206 rated by Kicker in the Bundesliga! and people want an increase?

So this is the reason why i'm sure that these two players didn't get an increase, because SM will definitely take the Kicker rating into account. Obviously forumers it's early days too and if Lell's form improves i'm sure he'll rise to 90 next time around.

Now let's take a look at a few players who have scored well on the Kicker ratings so far and how their ratings went:

Vedad Ibesevic of Hoffenheim has played 323 of 360 minutes, scoring 4 goals and is rated 2.17 by Kicker, the best joint rating of anybody on Kicker. Result is that Ibesevic increased from 83 to 85.

Artur Wichniarek of Arminia Bielefeld has played 359 of 360 minutes, scoring 4 goals and is rated 2.33 by Kicker. Result is he rose from 86 to 87.

Final analysis - I've done lots of forecasts in the past where forumers have said it shouldn't be based just on minutes played but also on how well the player is actually playing. Given that SM have Kicker for Germany I think forumers will respect the fact that SM for this league will base ratings on both minutes played as well as Kicker ratings.

By clicking on any of the links in my post you'll be able to check the Kicker ratings online which are freely available to anyone who wants them. Here's a link for the current top performers on Kicker: http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/topspieler/saison/2008-09/topspieler_position/0/topspieler_verein/0/alletopspieler/1

bestpay, yes, these are the numbers, but the point is at fadedwolfz, because first of all:? with bad perfomance, You cant play 29 league games in a season at Bayern, and secondly: the numbers are not allways everyrthing..

I still believe that here is not allways the performance what is count..

Bestpay' date=' first of all he's being graded on last season (second half) and he's a starter for Bayern. There's no way he shouldn't at least get +1. :mad:[/quote']

I'm just trying to give a balanced view that's all, obviously Lell (according to Kicker) is getting minutes on the pitch but maybe not playing too well.

Lell might still get a +1 rating to 90, lots of times players get a rating increase on the Tuesday the day after the announcement is made for the next series of ratings.

Personally i'd like it if Lell did get an increase as I have him in lots of teams.

The last German ratings were 28th March, so we're looking at the last 9 Bundesliga games of last season (about a quarter of the season!).

I'm just trying to give a balanced view that's all' date=' obviously Lell (according to Kicker) is getting minutes on the pitch but maybe not playing too well.

Lell might still get a +1 rating to 90, lots of times players get a rating increase on the Tuesday the day after the announcement is made for the next series of ratings.

Personally i'd like it if Lell did get an increase as I have him in lots of teams.

The last German ratings were 28th March, so we're looking at the last 9 Bundesliga games of last season (about a quarter of the season!).[/quote']

Mate I remember perfectly that the rating changes happened on the 19th game day. So there were 14 game days that we have to calculate. It may not be half of last season but it's close.

Then I calculated his ratings since the 20th gameday and his rating would be 3.3125. Plus he's a regular starter at a team with the best (or most expensive) squad in the Bundesliga.

Mate I remember perfectly that the rating changes happened on the 19th game day. So there were 14 game days that we have to calculate. It may not be half of last season but it's close.

Then I calculated his ratings since the 20th gameday and his rating would be 3.3125. Plus he's a regular starter at a team with the best (or most expensive) squad in the Bundesliga.

Hehe it's cool seeing two top forumers going at it.

i'd agree with LKK for the fact that there's gotta be enough of last season taken into account for Lell to get a +1 at least...

also as someone else said, maybe even LKK, if SM dropped Sagnol down, then surely the person that has replaced him deserves that point up?

Also what's De Jong's kicker rating?

De jong is 3.00 then, playing good :P.

One point i need to make, Engelaar hasn' even played this season, yet he got a 90.

Whereas Lell played well last season, and ok this season but has got nothing?

Engelaar was great for Twente last year though, he deserves 90, just saying that if he got it surely Lell should...

I don't watch the bundesliga. But surely Lell has to be a decent player' date=' how else can he be a first team player for bayern for more than half a season? Same case for fritz, how else can he be playing for the national team as first choice if he was that poor?

great analysis there though, bestpay.

cheers[/quote']

Lell is not that good more than half a season because Sagnol was injured and still is even Lahm played at right back 89 is enough for him and i think its on the higher side....

The ratings are not a zero-sum gain.

There's a reason why SM do the ratings the way they do because they try to keep inflation down. If it were up to the community, people like Ottl would be a 92 when he deserves to be an 88/87.

Let SM do their job, and take Bestpay's words to heart. They know what they are doing and I'm comfortable with their changes.

I've just re-checked and the last changes were on 28th/29th March after gameday 25 of the 07/08 Bundesliga.

So therefore we're looking at 9 games from last season and 4 from this season, i.e. 13 games. Lell's played in 871 minutes of the 1170, scoring 1 goal.

Given this is Bayern Munich and given plenty of match time before I do think this justifies an increase to 90, which may still happen tomorrow. My main point was that the Kicker ratings say Lell is poor this season (agreed just 4 of the games) and this is why SM probably have not have given the increase.

But just to state my position, I think he deserves the +1 increase to 90, if he doesn't get it this time he will get the increase next time around, provided he improves his performances.

Bestpay - have you sent a ticket to SM quoting those stats? If you have then surely they'll have to put him up.

As you say his kicker rating might not be great but you can't play regularly for Bayern if you're as poor performing as kicker says he is.

Hi,

There's no need for me to send these stats to SM as they have the Bundesliga and Kicker stats already.

Lell's case isn't one i'd appeal on as it's not definite enough for me compared to what I would normally appeal and if he misses out this time he'll get the increase next time around anyway.

Lell is not that good more than half a season because Sagnol was injured and still is even Lahm played at right back 89 is enough for him and i think its on the higher side....

Yes,but Lell played more then 25 games for Bayern and he certainly deserved rating increase to 90.

Taking in consideration that he is also standard in this season also (Sagnol injured,Jansen went to HSV) I strongly feel that he should get his 90.

If Engeelar could then he certainly deserves too.

It's a shame as I feel that SM has missed lot of players for there rating change and took in consideration only those who had brilliant or horrible season. (not middle as in last cases)