German Changes

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: German Changes Well I just looked through the whole thread! (starting after the old rating changes). I have listed many players and hopefully did not reapeat any. Here you go: Bayern Munchen Ze

Re: German Changes Demichelis 91 - 92/93 altintop 89-91 jerome boateng 83-86+ petric 89-91 kroos 73-80 toni

Re: German Changes Not making this easy for me are ya Tom?? Ok' date=' here is the squad as per the club's website: [b']Weidenfeller, Roman (1)[/b] 06.08.1980 (1st choice GK. Solid but nit specia

Re: German Changes

I've got a feeling Podolski could drop too. He's just not getting the playing time now with Toni and Klose as first choice strikers, in addition to the both of them being in awesome form. What is more, unless it's for the national team where his records **** good especially for such a young guy, his club form isn't great at all. I was actually pretty surprised he didn't drop in the last changes.

Some other guys that i expect to drop (maybe not this time, but in the long run):

Sorin: 92 -- drop at least 1. Is this guy even still alive? He's been injured for ages. No longer with Argentina

Mineiro: 92 -- 91? I'm torn on this guy. He plays for Brasil national team, but at Berlin he's not that good. He has only started two games this season, plus some subs.

Kovac: 90 --89? Still plays for Croatia, but at Dortmund he's been average at best. He's actually struggling for the starting spot.

Vl. Munteanu: 89 -- 88. Was good at Cottbus, but at Wolfsburg getting only sub appearances.

Some Possible Changes:

Marko Pantelic 90 - 91 Form for Serbia is patchy at best, but at club level he's on fire. 5 goals in 9 games at an average mid-table side, Hertha Berlin, could spell an increase for the Serb. He's scored more this season than 91-rated German revelation Mario Gomez.

Serdar Tasci and Sami Khedira 88 - 89 Young Germans on fire at league champions Stuttgart. They've been regular starters in a team who could have a 90-rated player in every position, they have to be increased surely. Tasci has started 10 games at the back and scored once, with Khedira starting 9 games in attacking midfield, also scoring once.

Jermaine Jones 82 - 87/88 25-year-old German who was considered a future world superstar a number of years ago before fading away with a mid-table team has come good after being signed by Schalke. He's started 8 games for the 5th placed side, and looked steady at right-midfield, Jones is a definite increase to at least 87 as he's been a regular in a team where 90's are common place.

Benedikt Howedes 74 - 78/79 Young 19-year-old German got his break with Schalke with a full 90 minutes against Karlsruhe. A league start must mean an increase of some sorts, and at this level he should increase to at least 78. One for the future possibly.

Ivan Rakitic 85 - 88/89 Brilliant young Croatian playmaker, and has the maturity and vision of a 27-year-old, with the flair and energy of the 19-year-old he is. Featured in 10 games this season, starting 8 and scoring 2 goals in the process, this little wizard is a definite increase to at least 88, as he is playing for a quality side, Schalke.

Gerald Asamoah 87 - 88 The 29-year-old has shown good form this year, being the regular strike partner of Kevin Kuranyi up front for Schalke, and grabbing 3 goals in his 8 appearances this year. Expected to increase at least one point.

Alexander Farnerud 84 - 86/87 23-year-old Swedich forward/midfielder who's managed to grab 9 appearances for Stuttgart this year, including 3 starts. Has played more than Antonio Da Silva (Rated 88) and Silvio Meissner (Rated 86) this year, all of whom play for the same side, which means Farnerud has to increase.

Karlsruhe - Whole Squad Promoted from Bundesliga 2 last season, and have been excellent this season, currently lying 4th after 10/11 games - above the likes of Schalke and Stuttgart. This is mainly due to their never-say-die attitude and brilliant work ethic. Some of their players who deserve an increase are:

• Tamas Hajnal 86 - 88 - Hungarian attacking midfielder who's currently Karlsruhe's top goalscorer with 3 goals. Due an increase of around 2 due to his excellent form, and at only 26-years-old he has a few good years left to further his career.
  • Andreas Gorlitz 83 - 86/87 - 25-year-old German full-back on loan from Bayern Munich has performed very well for Karlsruhe and should deserve a good increase considering he has started 9/10 games for a side placed 4th. Gorlitz has attacked very well, supporting his wingers and supplying the forwards with some good crosses.
  • Timo Staffeldt 80 - 83/84 - 23-year-old German central midfielder who has appeared 7 times this season for Karlsruhe, although only one start. At this level a squad-player making as many appearances as Staffeldt has must increase to at least 83.
  • Michael Mutzel 82 - 87 - Regular for Karlshruhe, who has started all 10 games this season. Mutzel is 28-years-old and is a central midfielder and with the amount of games he has played, he must surely increase to around the 87 mark.

Boubacar Sanogo 88 - 90/91 and Hugo Almeida 87 - 90 Werder Bremen strike partners Sanogo and Almeida have been on fire this season, with Sanogo grabbing 6 goals in 9 appearances and Almeida getting 5 in 9. The goalscoring record says it all, these strikers have to have their ratings increased.

Mike Hanke 88 - 89/90 23-year-old German international has scored 4 goals in 10 games for Hannover, who are an average side at best. Similar situation to Pantelic, Hanke must increase to at least 89.

There are many more, but I'll leave them for others to dig out.

Hi Millzy,

Some very valid shouts there, although I disagree with a couple of them!

Still, a great informative post so REP for you FROM ME buddy!!!

Marko Pantelic 90 - 91 Form for Serbia is patchy at best, but at club level he's on fire. 5 goals in 9 games at an average mid-table side, Hertha Berlin, could spell an increase for the Serb. He's scored more this season than 91-rated German revelation Mario Gomez.

Pantelic could go to 91 but I doubt it. He deserves his 90, he is of international class so I would expect him to score a few goals in the BL. He's averaged 10 or more per season for a number of years and it was my constant protests to SM and Fraser at the time which led to his rise from 89 to 90. My prediction: 50/50 - borderline - rise potential.

Serdar Tasci and Sami Khedira 88 - 89 Young Germans on fire at league champions Stuttgart. They've been regular starters in a team who could have a 90-rated player in every position, they have to be increased surely. Tasci has started 10 games at the back and scored once, with Khedira starting 9 games in attacking midfield, also scoring once.

I disagree with this recommendation. Yes, both were rewarded with a full cap for Germany at international level in a friendly earlier on this year but along with the rest of the Stuttgart team, they have really struggled. Khedira has warmed the bench on a number of occasions and Tasci was injured pre-season and hasn't rediscovered the same form that made him hit the headlines last term. My prediction: I think both with stay were they are.

Jermaine Jones 82 - 87/88 25-year-old German who was considered a future world superstar a number of years ago before fading away with a mid-table team has come good after being signed by Schalke. He's started 8 games for the 5th placed side, and looked steady at right-midfield, Jones is a definite increase to at least 87 as he's been a regular in a team where 90's are common place.

The german with the english name looks certain to increase by AT LEAST 5 to 87, possibly higher especially as he's been named as a fringe international by Joachim Loew recently and could well make his debut with Germany now already qualified for Euro 2008 :D . The former Frankfurt captain has become a regular for Schalke after his transfer at the end of last season and in way undervalued at 82. My Prediction: 88 is on the cards!

Benedikt Howedes 74 - 78/79 Young 19-year-old German got his break with Schalke with a full 90 minutes against Karlsruhe. A league start must mean an increase of some sorts, and at this level he should increase to at least 78. One for the future possibly.

He only made his debut a few weeks ago, that's when he was added to the DB @ 74. Now you want him to increase because of his debut performance??

Maybe at the end of the season, if he plays a few more games. Apparently a talented youngster, but mid 70's seems alright to me for the time being.

My prediction - No change at next German ratings review!

Ivan Rakitic 85 - 88/89 Brilliant young Croatian playmaker, and has the maturity and vision of a 27-year-old, with the flair and energy of the 19-year-old he is. Featured in 10 games this season, starting 8 and scoring 2 goals in the process, this little wizard is a definite increase to at least 88, as he is playing for a quality side, Schalke.

Croatian international that has found the net quite a few times this season already. Despite only being 19 yrs of age, he's become the Schalke playmaker and after a slow start has become a regular, even at CL level. My prediction: Deserves and needs an increase to 87 or 88

Gerald Asamoah 87 - 88 The 29-year-old has shown good form this year, being the regular strike partner of Kevin Kuranyi up front for Schalke, and grabbing 3 goals in his 8 appearances this year. Expected to increase at least one point.

He is no longer a german international, I personally think his best days are behind him. He is the german version of Emile Heskey :eek::rolleyes: and although he may currently be partnering Kuranyi up front at Schalke he is certainly not in the same class. For me the 1 point increase is a borderline call. My prediction: He will stay at 87, maybe he'll just scrape into the 88 category but no higher.

Alexander Farnerud 84 - 86/87 23-year-old Swedich forward/midfielder who's managed to grab 9 appearances for Stuttgart this year, including 3 starts. Has played more than Antonio Da Silva (Rated 88) and Silvio Meissner (Rated 86) this year, all of whom play for the same side, which means Farnerud has to increase.

He is underrated for sure, having said that he hasn't set the world on fire or made ANY sort of impact on the Stuttgart team. Same can be said for Basturk (Fraser, if you read this - I'm eating my pie so get stuffed! :P ).

Silvio Meissner is semi-retired and spent most of last season on loan to 2nd Div Kaiserslautern and Da Silva had injury issues (I think) at the beginning of the campaign so not a great comparisson but all that aside, I think he should be 85 or 86.

My prediction: He'll hit the 86 mark

Karlsruhe - Whole Squad Promoted from Bundesliga 2 last season, and have been excellent this season, currently lying 4th after 10/11 games - above the likes of Schalke and Stuttgart. This is mainly due to their never-say-die attitude and brilliant work ethic. Some of their players who deserve an increase are:

• Tamas Hajnal 86 - 88 - Hungarian attacking midfielder who's currently Karlsruhe's top goalscorer with 3 goals. Due an increase of around 2 due to his excellent form, and at only 26-years-old he has a few good years left to further his career.
  • Andreas Gorlitz 83 - 86/87 - 25-year-old German full-back on loan from Bayern Munich has performed very well for Karlsruhe and should deserve a good increase considering he has started 9/10 games for a side placed 4th. Gorlitz has attacked very well, supporting his wingers and supplying the forwards with some good crosses.
  • Timo Staffeldt 80 - 83/84 - 23-year-old German central midfielder who has appeared 7 times this season for Karlsruhe, although only one start. At this level a squad-player making as many appearances as Staffeldt has must increase to at least 83.
  • Michael Mutzel 82 - 87 - Regular for Karlshruhe, who has started all 10 games this season. Mutzel is 28-years-old and is a central midfielder and with the amount of games he has played, he must surely increase to around the 87 mark.

Agree, the entire Karlsruhe squad is OVERPERFORMING at present and I think most players/starters will receive an increase. The key players should all be 85-88 imho, with Hajnal being the standout so far this season but don't forget about Markus Miller, the GK ;)

My prediction: Karlsruhe squad to rise and Hajnal to hit 89!!

Boubacar Sanogo 88 - 90/91 and Hugo Almeida 87 - 90 Werder Bremen strike partners Sanogo and Almeida have been on fire this season, with Sanogo grabbing 6 goals in 9 appearances and Almeida getting 5 in 9. The goalscoring record says it all, these strikers have to have their ratings increased.

Agree, they are both enjoying a great season. They seem to have gelled well and flourished since the departure of Miro Klose and the career-crippling injury to Aaron Hunt. Bremen is even doing well at CL level, and with both players scoring on the european stage, they deserve to hit 90.

My prediction: Both to increase to 90 :)

Mike Hanke 88 - 89/90 23-year-old German international has scored 4 goals in 10 games for Hannover, who are an average side at best. Similar situation to Pantelic, Hanke must increase to at least 89.

Fair shout, he is indeed still part of the german squad but very much down the pecking order of strikers. After Klose, Kuranyi, Gomez, Podolski, he is on par with Schlaudraff, Helmes, Neuville imho.

My prediction: He is a chance at an 89 ... 70/30 chance

There are many more, but I'll leave them for others to dig out.

Others that have already been mentioned or should have been are:

L. Toni (94->95)

M. Klose (94->95)

F. Ribery (92->93)

C. Pander (86->89)

D. Jarolim (89->90)

C. Lell (85->87)

M. Petric (89->90)

Van Der Vaart (93->94)

Diego Ribas (93->94)

Hamit Altintop (89-91)

R. Adler (87-89)

Ze Roberto (92-93)

How about Stanislav Sestak...scored 5 times already for Bochum and is a Winger..

currently 83 possibly rise to 86? :)

Danny' date='

He will rise, has played all 10 games for Bochum this season and with 4 goals and 2 assists to his name he should go to 86 or even 87.

He has also been capped 10 times by Slovakia so as an international and a starter for a BL club he'll jump to 85-88 when ratings are next reviewed. B)

p.s. He is a CF though, wears the No 9 shirt so don't count on him being a winger for much longer! :P [/b']

Guest lola-1988

ok herby URGENT SERIOUS advice needed....

i have leeds utd and i only buy youth and i dont have money to spend too often

but beating arsenal i earned 4 million---- this sestak will set me back 2.5 BUT is he worth it or should i save the cash and wait for the next kroos-bojan-pato???

Danny' date='

He will rise, has played all 10 games for Bochum this season and with 4 goals and 2 assists to his name he should go to 86 or even 87.

He has also been capped 10 times by Slovakia so as an international and a starter for a BL club he'll jump to 85-88 when ratings are next reviewed. B)

p.s. He is a CF though, wears the No 9 shirt so don't count on him being a winger for much longer! :P [/b']

Cheers Herby was pretty confident he would rise but this has cemented it :)

I just wanted to add to what I said about Rob Friend and Marcel Ndjeng. They're both phenomenal players and should definitely get a raise. Rob friend just got a hat-trick today against Greuther Furth which makes him the top scorer in the second bundesliga. Also Marcel Ndjeng assisted two of Robs goals which adds up to 8 assists now. They are must buys, I suggest you get them as soon as possible.

ok herby URGENT SERIOUS advice needed....

i have leeds utd and i only buy youth and i dont have money to spend too often

but beating arsenal i earned 4 million---- this sestak will set me back 2.5 BUT is he worth it or should i save the cash and wait for the next kroos-bojan-pato???

If you want youth and you have got a few million spare go for hladkyi he's only 20 rated 84, and will increase to at least 88/89 next time. If not the sestak deal depends on how good your team is, only buy him if he is essential

If you want youth and you have got a few million spare go for hladkyi he's only 20 rated 84' date=' and will increase to at least 88/89 next time. If not the sestak deal depends on how good your team is, only buy him if he is essential[/quote']

is hladkyi really going to increase that muc?

who does he play for?have you got any stats?

thanks.luke.

is hladkyi really going to increase that muc?

who does he play for?have you got any stats?

thanks.luke.

Here is the Hladkyi thread http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=13618&highlight=hladkyi

Yes i seroiusly believe that Hladkyi deserves to be rated 89, possibly even 90. He has played in the last 3 or 4 ukraine games and has started in a couple and has scored a goal. Last season was the top goalscorer in ukraine and this season is drawnt top and has currently got 12 goals in 13 games this season for shakhtar, him being the main striker now, playing every game.