German Changes

Re: German Changes

i would of thought that tasci would rise but gonzalo castro should have kept his rating

Wish someone would send a ticket for him he has been very very good for Bayer no ways should have dropped.. Pity

If castro is 90 Lell is 88 and Lucio 93 no ways Munich has a better defence when they concede so many goals in theoritically a weak league

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: German Changes Well I just looked through the whole thread! (starting after the old rating changes). I have listed many players and hopefully did not reapeat any. Here you go: Bayern Munchen Ze

Re: German Changes Demichelis 91 - 92/93 altintop 89-91 jerome boateng 83-86+ petric 89-91 kroos 73-80 toni

Re: German Changes Not making this easy for me are ya Tom?? Ok' date=' here is the squad as per the club's website: [b']Weidenfeller, Roman (1)[/b] 06.08.1980 (1st choice GK. Solid but nit specia

I think the German changes on the whole have been pretty good and haven't seen any examples on this thread convincing me otherwise. I doubt if SM have finished either. They seem to have played safe so far.

SM generally only grant the players getting Champions League or International matches high ratings as they keep an eye on the UEFA co-efficients which despite having flaws is as decent gauge of the skill within world leagues. It is not generally correct to compare players with similar stats/goals to players in La Liga/Serie A/EPL because of this. So no need to fear for Spain/Italy/England.

To pick on some names mentioned in outrage -

Bordon dropping - well he would, as he lost his NT place, and Schalke are not doing so great.

Westermann rising - he picked up a load of national caps for Germany, so not surprising.

Barzagli dropping - bit like Bordon, I ranted about him dropping only a day or two ago on this thread. Utterly predictable.

Castro dropping - he has been one of Bayer Leverkusen's weaker players and they are not doing as well as they should.

Kringe dropping - Borussia are mid table, and he has been poor.

Trochowski not rising - may yet do, but in any case, Jarolim is probably their best player and he is only one point ahead of Trochowski so it is hardly a scandal.

Cicero not rising - not one of their best players, his rating already in line with most of their players, Hertha are top but too early to be too excited by this.

Helmes not rising by more - he rose by 2 to 89 based on recent times which is great anyway, and hasn't started for Germany for some time (if ever?)

Kuranyi dropping - not scoring much, lost his NT place, little significant European action = no surprise.

Rolfes not increasing - 91 seems pretty fair for one of Bayer Leverkusen's better players and German squad player. 92 a bit of a long shot compared to quality of most players on that.

Pantelic dropping - predictable, not played or scored enough. Forgettable and few performances outside Germany.

Klose not rising from 93 - he hasn't tied down a starting place in the NT, and 94+ would make him one of the best rated CF's in SM.

Bauman dropping - him and his side have been disappointing, stats are not everything (some of the players he is being compared to who increased/decreased saw their changes a year ago?!)

Sorry for anyone missed, ran out of time.

Klose's 93 Teb, but the rest I agree with.

I've seen Vidal a few times and he's been very impressive, he's already a regular for Chile, and a lot of people on here have claimed he has been one of Leverkusen's better players. Yet according to Kicker he is their worst player, which is why he hasn't risen.

Is this right? I'm a bit confused why he's so lowly rated on Kicker tbh.

Hello my dear outraged german football friends!!! :D

Well, I think these changes have actually been quite good. I'm happy with 95% of them. Sure some have been a bit conservative but I think that's a reflection of how SM are approaching the ratings these days, especially the lower/weaker leagues (ie NOT EPL, La Liga and Seria A). I think France next week will go much the same way!! :rolleyes:

Teb has done an excellent job at repeating and summarising the info already mentioned numerous times on here but obviously some of you are just bl00dy hard of hearing! :P

I think Helmes probably deserved his 90, but lack of european experience (UEFA Cup/CL) probably stopped him, also he's 3rd or 4th choice striker at this point in time for NT, after Klose, Gomez and Poldi.

My main gripe is that Helmes' strike partner, Stefan Kiessling, IS rated 90 (still) and he's only on fringe or not even on the NT, and when he is he's lower down the pecking order than Helmes. So personally I would've made them both 90 or made Helmes 90 and Kiessling 89. :eek:

Vidal not rising to 90 is a bit of a joke, all I can imagine is that it had to do with Leverkusen not featuring in europe this season and them sliding to 5th on the table in recent weeks. What further upsets me is that they changed him to DM/CM. As previously mentioned he has played most of this season in an advanced CM role, bordering on AM rather than DM. However he HAS and CAN play DM but that's hardly the point. In fact he's played LB on a few occasions and LM and RM for Chile recently too. I think SM could've made him one of the few players who's position is M, as he's a true all-rounder (in the midfield AND even defense). :eek: Imagine him being M/D, B):D

I think he deserved a +1 to 89 but again, it's just SM being conservative.

Obasi is the other one I think they got marginally wrong. If Ba got to 88 then Obasi should've too. Most who watch the BL (let alone Kicker) will agree that Obasi has been the better player of the 2. Hence why Kicker have him listed as the 4th best player in the league this season! :eek:

I know he's had some injury troubles of late, so maybe that's why. Maybe SM just looked at the stats, which now favour Ba as he and Sanogo have been trying to fill Ibisevic's shoes and playing in a more central attacking role (CF), whereas Obasi plays as a deeper Fwd/W. Be it as it may, conservative but a tad wrong imho.

Pantelic decrease was harsh but expected. When he has played his season, he's been very good but due to the politics at Hertha (with his demanding huge wages and refusing to sign a new contract), followed by another injury I guess he hasn't played enough to justify his 91 rating but then how the **** has Poldi retained his??? :o

I can't believe Rosenberg and Hugo Almeida retained their 89's as they have both played a poor season. Both should've dropped by -1 to 88 and Pizzaro, Bremen's only real attacking threat this season, should've hit 90.

Frings deserved his cut, he's over the hill imho and look out for his slide continuing and Khedira to displace him in the NT, over the next 18 months. ;)

Anyone who's crying about Castro, I told you so. Try watching him sometime instead of posting non-sense on the forum. He was waaaaay over-rated.

I'm looking fwd to the rest of the changes, esp to see how Marin and Baumjohann fare. They are both huge prospects, who despite playing for B. M'gladbach have been very good this season. I'm tipping Marin to rise to 88/89 and Baumjohann to get to 85 at least. B)

Herby

He isn't really THAT much of a Chilean regular... played 3 of their last 6' date=' and one of these was for about 3 seconds (ok, 4 minutes). As far as I know, he was available for them all.[/quote']

I'd consider him a regular. He has played 7 of Chile's 10 WC qualifying games so far, starting 6 and subbing in once (albeit for only the last few mins as you pointed out). He's played more than half the games (and avail minutes) so I'd call him a regular in the Chilean NT.

Chile has a strong squad these days and are doing well in the South American qualies (equal on points with Argentina - 3rd).

BTW - he was unavailable for Chile's 4th qualifier due to a knee injury he suffered in Nov 07. He wasn't recalled for the 5th and 6th qualifiers in mid- June 2008 (Bundesliga off-season) but was back in the starting line up in Sep when Chile played (and lost to) Brazil. He's featured in every game since then.

Without bias, I think he's worthy of his 89. He's currently out for a week or 2 with severe concussion but has played every Leverkusen game he has been available for this season (21 from 23, he missed 2 games due to suspensions) and he was one of the main reasons why the club was atop the BL for a while. Apparently he's a DM (according to SM), so his 5 goals and 4 assists in league and cup comps this season for Leverkusen would be a better than fair statistic imho. :rolleyes:

Herby

You were right about Hilbert' date=' good call. Was in a GC tho so didn't have time to negotiate any deals :(

Cheers anyway :)[/quote']

No worries :D

As long as managers are aware I think that's all most of us can ask for.

I too a few hits on players I knew would drop, ie Hamit Altintop as I believe him him to be a fine and very talented player who dropped only due to injury.

He was superb at Euro 2008, and IF SM had rated BL shortly thereafter he might've ended up with a 92, as would Poldolski probably! :P

Anyway, such is life ;)

Cheers,

Herby

what do you all think of mertesecker keeping his rating? Does he deserve his 93?

i thought that he would drop lol :rolleyes:

Yeah I think it was a borderline call but he's been pretty good.

He's still first choice CB for NT so that probably helped his cause.

The ratings aren't done with yet so let's wait and see before we write some players off! ;)

Herby

I've seen Vidal a few times and he's been very impressive' date=' he's already a regular for Chile, and a lot of people on here have claimed he has been one of Leverkusen's better players. Yet according to Kicker he is their worst player, which is why he hasn't risen.

[b']Is this right? I'm a bit confused why he's so lowly rated on Kicker tbh[/b].

I'll answer that one!! :D

Kicker generally don't like players that commit a lot of fouls, especially senseless and stupid ones. Vidal is sometimes guilty thereof, hence why he has 7 YC and 1 RC to date (21 BL games). He can also be a bit inconsistant, but then again, who isn't??

I do feel a bit sorry for him because he's used as a bit of a 'pawn' by Labbadia (Leverkusen's coach). Due to him being 2 footed and VERY versatile, I think he gets exploited a bit, sometimes playing several positions during the course of a game.

Having said that I think Bruno Labbadia knows exactly how VITAL Vidal is to the team and that every team needs a player like him. Hence why I'd like to see his position changed to M!!! ;)

He certainly isn't a DM, as that's the position played by Leverkusen's captain S. Rolfes. Depending on how they line up (either 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2), Vidal usually ALWAYS plays further up the field than Rolfes, with Barnetta and Renato Augusto on the flanks.

Football-Lineups shows him playing mostly CM/RM. I'd probably make his position CM/AM if you base it on where he plays at Leverkusen MOST of the time. BUT according to the beforementioned site, for Chile at the CONMEBOL Qualifying 2010 he has played CB x 1, RM x 2, LM x 1, CM x 2 and SUB (LB) x 1. I think that says it all! He CAN play anywhere across the midfield (RM, LM, CM, DM and AM), and started his career as a CB/LB.

In fact, when Leverkusen initially signed him for a club record of 5.2M he was supposed to be the team's new LB. A position which has since been filled by the talented Michal Kadlec.

Tbh - his kicker rating is only marginally worse than that of Castro and Barnetta, both of whom are 90. And Bernd Schneider hasn't kicked a ball, let alone featured for the NT in over 12 months, and yet is STILL rated 89. GIMME A BREAK! Vidal to 89 and Schneider down to 88 NOW ... C'mon SM, open your eyes. B)

p.s. Maybe they employed Stevie Wonder at SM Central to help with the german ratings. :P

RANT OVER.

Herby :)

The BIGGEST mistake that SM have made with the german ratings this time around is NOT giving DROBNY an 89. :(

SERIOUSLY, he's largely responsible for Hertha's great season and deserves more than a +1/88 rating. :mad:

That's a joke, especially when Benaglio and Rensing went up to 89 (yeah yeah I know, UEFA Cup and CL games) but BOTH have been avg this season and therefore I don't think the rise was as warranted as Drobny's lack thereof. :rolleyes:

Herby

I think the German changes on the whole have been pretty good and haven't seen any examples on this thread convincing me otherwise. I doubt if SM have finished either. They seem to have played safe so far.

SM generally only grant the players getting Champions League or International matches high ratings as they keep an eye on the UEFA co-efficients which despite having flaws is as decent gauge of the skill within world leagues. It is not generally correct to compare players with similar stats/goals to players in La Liga/Serie A/EPL because of this. So no need to fear for Spain/Italy/England.

To pick on some names mentioned in outrage -

Westermann rising - he picked up a load of national caps for Germany' date=' so not surprising.

[b']

Yea he has picked up caps but he is playing in a Schalke team underperfoming yet again.. But i dont have too many complaints on him..[/b]

Castro dropping - he has been one of Bayer Leverkusen's weaker players and they are not doing as well as they should.

With Castro i respectfully disagree mate he has been solid for them according to me and he has played at Right Mid,Right Back,Central Mid.. They were top 4 3-4 weeks ago but its so tight at the top 2 good results and they are back in contention...

Rolfes not increasing - 91 seems pretty fair for one of Bayer Leverkusen's better players and German squad player. 92 a bit of a long shot compared to quality of most players on that.

Well i dont think he will be a squad player now Frings is on the decline and he is the replacement for Frings.. He is very under valued IMO does a great job week in week out

My thoughts in red i dont expect u too agree but just my 2 cents

Toski gets no rise at all?! A positional change to LM/W, but no rise? I was expecting 84/85.. I hope I've spoken too soon and he's still to change, as yesterday Henrique had a name change but his rating didn't change til later, but a positional change is different.

And only 82 for Rausch? I was thinking 83/84 tbph.

Herby? Teb?

Only 86 for Eilhoff. Not a disgrace, but still disappointing, considering he's the the 9th highest player on Kicker and 3rd highest keeper!

Why is Baumjohann getting 85 for bottom of the league when Toski is staying 83 and Rausch only getting 82? I can't help but feel that Marin's been over-rated, as his side are bottom of the league.

Marin = International = Bottom of the league = 3.15 = 89?

Vidal = International = 7th in league = 3.76 = 88?

Tasci -> 90

Trochowski -> 91

BAUMJOHANN -> 85 :eek::)

I'm still disapointed with Drobny as well though.

I was a bit disappointed with Drobny too. I had the choice of him or Benaglio and I went for Drobny as his team were top, but Benaglio went higher. Still, Drobny made his debut and kept a clean sheet.

Drobny getting 88 was bad.

Eilhoff going to 86 was bad. Should have been 87 for a great season.

Novakovic getting +1 to 87 is horrible. He scored more than half of all goals (12) for Cologne and has a great season. He was voted 4th best striker by kicker, ahead of Petric, Toni, Klose, Gomez and so on. He should have gotten 89, but at the very minimum 88.

Celozzi getting 83 is no good either. He has played a great season, was the best player on his team and gets an 83?

They weren't careful doing these changes.