German Changes

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: German Changes Well I just looked through the whole thread! (starting after the old rating changes). I have listed many players and hopefully did not reapeat any. Here you go: Bayern Munchen Ze

Re: German Changes Demichelis 91 - 92/93 altintop 89-91 jerome boateng 83-86+ petric 89-91 kroos 73-80 toni

Re: German Changes Not making this easy for me are ya Tom?? Ok' date=' here is the squad as per the club's website: [b']Weidenfeller, Roman (1)[/b] 06.08.1980 (1st choice GK. Solid but nit specia

Re: German Changes

Hey Herby' date=' could you maybe tell us what team they play for so we can guess?[/quote']

NO ... that's too easy lil_kid but happy to give you 1 clue per day.

Only reason I'm holding off is because I'm looking to buy him myself in a few setups and I have been shafted by my own big mouth (by posting on the forum) 1 too many times.

TODAY'S CLUE ... he is currently rated 89 ;)

moving onto 2.Bundesliga...

My predictions for increases (based on simple things,goals etc..) -

Felix Borja (FSV Mainz 05) 86 -> 87...5 Goals This Season.

Markus Feulner (FSV Mainz 05) 85 -> 87...4 Goals From Mid.

Maximilian Nicu (SV Wehen Wiesbaden) 77 -> 84...5 Goals from Mid.

Ronny Konig (SV Wehen Wiesbaden) 78 -> 83..4 Goals This Season.

Views?...Herby :)

Well done guys .... you have unveiled a good talent! ;)

BUT unfortunately not THE 'dark horse' I have been referring to.

Have another guess tomorrow when I reveal my next clue. :)

Herby

I'm going to attempt to foil your 'dark horse' through the wonders of modern technology' date=' Herby..........the internet!! :P Oh yeah, and with a little help from your clues :D

Teams in top 5, and their 89-rated midfielders (or players who can play in midfield positions according to SM)

1. [b']Bayern [/b]-

• Altintop Hamit - Played 7(+4 sub appearances) out of 12 games, Scored 3.
  • Jose Sosa - Played 1(+2 sub appearances) out of 12 games, Scored 0.

2. Hamburg -

• David Jarolim - Played 11(+0 sub appearances) out of 12 games. Scored 0.
  • Piotr Trochowski - Played 7(+3 sub appearances) out of 12 games. Scored 0.

3. Werder Bremen -

• Pierre Wome - Played 0(+0 sub appearances) out of 12 games. Scored 0.
  • Carlos Alberto Gomes - 0(+1 sub appearance) out of 12 games. Scored 0.

4. Hannover -

• Szabolcs Huszti - Played 10(+1 sub appearance) out of 12 games. Scored 3.

5. Karlsruhe - N/A

The Possibilities (- through appearance stats)

• Altintop Hamit - Yes
  • Jose Sosa - No
  • David Jarolim - Yes
  • Piotr Trochowski - Yes
  • Pierre Wome - No
  • Carlos Alberto - No
  • Szabolcs Huszti - Yes

Which Leaves...

• Altintop Hamit - I think he's the 'dark horse', even though he's already been mentioned loads. Played the majority of games for the league leaders, keeping 91/92-rated players out and scoring/creating goals aplenty.
  • David Jarolim - Yes, he's played 11 out of 12 games for a team 2nd in the league, but he hasn't scored or set-up any goals. Possible increase (who knows what genious mechanisms work in Herby's brain?? :P ), but unlikely.
  • Piotr Trochowski - On appearances - possible - on performances - no. An attacking midfielder/winger who hasn't scored or set-up any goals isn't rating increase material - no matter how much I like his skillful play.
  • Szabolcs Huszti - His appearance, goalscoring and assist stats tell us he is Herby's 'dark horse', however Herby himself has already told us otherwise. Good spot though.

Likeliness of 'Dark Horse' Ratings

1. Hamit Altintop
  2. Szabolcs Huszti - (you never know he could be bluffing :P )
  3. David Jarolim
  4. Piotr Trochowski

Well, well, well .... since a couple of you have worked hard and done lots of research (**** of a post millzy_7 - rep for you for effort mate :) ) I have decided that I better play along and reveal my black little pony! :)

Interestingly enough lil_kid picked him first but said he didn't like the player. I'd be interested to know why that is?

Millzy_7 also skirted around him but was fooled by his lack of goal scoring abilities (very foolish my friend). How many goals does a Michael Carrick or Xabi Alonso score? Not many but they can be the heart of a team, not to mention the engine room.

At Hamburg, David Jarolim is having an excellent season in 2007/08. Despite suffering a knee injury that's set to keep him out for a few weeks, he has arguably been the clubs best player, on par with Van Der Vaart imho. It has been his skill and work ethic that has enabled the dutch maestro to play that AM role that he is so good at, in the process bagging 7 goals (3 of which were penalties) in the 9 games he's played. :eek:

As was rightly pointed out, Jarolim hasn't scored as yet this season but has assisted on 3 occasions. ;)

I believe that the reason Hamburg are in 2nd place on the BL table, and just 2 points behind early season run away leaders Bayern, is due to Jarolim, Van Der Vaart and Vincent Kompany (in that order) :rolleyes:

I think he deserves to go to 90 and could even get to 91 by the end of the season. Who knows, if Hamburg win the title he could even follow in the footsteps of Pavel Pardo (Stuttgart's Jarolim from last season) and rise to 92 but for now I think a 1 point increase is most likely.

I hope SM are aware of his form, and don't just judge ratings on minutes played and goals/assists.

So, there you have it ;) I can see myself missing out on him in several set ups but there's more where he came from! :eek:

That's all for now, from the brain of Herby! :P

I'm going to attempt to foil your 'dark horse' through the wonders of modern technology' date=' Herby..........the internet!! :P Oh yeah, and with a little help from your clues :D

Teams in top 5, and their 89-rated midfielders (or players who can play in midfield positions according to SM)

1. [b']Bayern [/b]-

• Altintop Hamit - Played 7(+4 sub appearances) out of 12 games, Scored 3.
  • Jose Sosa - Played 1(+2 sub appearances) out of 12 games, Scored 0.

2. Hamburg -

• David Jarolim - Played 11(+0 sub appearances) out of 12 games. Scored 0.
  • Piotr Trochowski - Played 7(+3 sub appearances) out of 12 games. Scored 0.

3. Werder Bremen -

• Pierre Wome - Played 0(+0 sub appearances) out of 12 games. Scored 0.
  • Carlos Alberto Gomes - 0(+1 sub appearance) out of 12 games. Scored 0.

4. Hannover -

• Szabolcs Huszti - Played 10(+1 sub appearance) out of 12 games. Scored 3.

5. Karlsruhe - N/A

The Possibilities (- through appearance stats)

• Altintop Hamit - Yes
  • Jose Sosa - No
  • David Jarolim - Yes
  • Piotr Trochowski - Yes
  • Pierre Wome - No
  • Carlos Alberto - No
  • Szabolcs Huszti - Yes

Which Leaves...

• Altintop Hamit - I think he's the 'dark horse', even though he's already been mentioned loads. Played the majority of games for the league leaders, keeping 91/92-rated players out and scoring/creating goals aplenty.
  • David Jarolim - Yes, he's played 11 out of 12 games for a team 2nd in the league, but he hasn't scored or set-up any goals. Possible increase (who knows what genious mechanisms work in Herby's brain?? :P ), but unlikely.
  • Piotr Trochowski - On appearances - possible - on performances - no. An attacking midfielder/winger who hasn't scored or set-up any goals isn't rating increase material - no matter how much I like his skillful play.
  • Szabolcs Huszti - His appearance, goalscoring and assist stats tell us he is Herby's 'dark horse', however Herby himself has already told us otherwise. Good spot though.

Likeliness of 'Dark Horse' Ratings

1. Hamit Altintop
  2. Szabolcs Huszti - (you never know he could be bluffing :P )
  3. David Jarolim
  4. Piotr Trochowski

Wow impressive research. I think that Hamit Altintop was known by many already so I wouldn't consider him a dark horse. Herby wouldn't be keeping the players name a secret if everybody already knew they should buy him due to an increase. Now to Huszti. It's very possible that Herby is bluffing but I don't think Herby is that kind of person. David Jarolim is a possibility but his stats are the downside to him. I have said Jarolim so we'll see what Herby has to say. Fourth on the list Trochowski may possibly be who Herby is speaking of. I think Jarolim has more of a chance because Trochowski has the same stats but a bigger name to him (I don't me length, I mean how known he is). I guess we have no choice but to wait until the next clue or wait until Herby tells us.

I guess I made my last post a tad to late. Either way I said I wasn't to fond of Jarolim because his stats aren't good enough even for a midfielder I find. In 215 games (total games in his career including internationally) he scored 14 goals and got 20 assists. And why this increase now when he's on the average of his career. He's also 28 meaning he's heading towards and older age and has had enough time to prove himself. Bottom line his stats aren't good enough. Even if he controls the game it doesn't get him anywhere if he doesn't contribute to getting the goals or assisting them. No disrespect, this is just my opinion and I am entitled to it. Cheers

moving onto 2.Bundesliga...

My predictions for increases (based on simple things' date='goals etc..) -

[b']Felix Borja (FSV Mainz 05) 86 -> 87...5 Goals This Season.

Markus Feulner (FSV Mainz 05) 85 -> 87...4 Goals From Mid.

Maximilian Nicu (SV Wehen Wiesbaden) 77 -> 84...5 Goals from Mid.

Ronny Konig (SV Wehen Wiesbaden) 78 -> 83..4 Goals This Season.[/b]

Views?...Herby :)

Danny,

first of all, let me ask you this:

how many players in ANY Div 2 team in any league are above 85 in rating?

Answer: Not many, unless they are internationals or have played at a MUCH higher level.

So keeping that in mind, what makes you think that the 2 Mainz players above will rise to 87?

Christian Pander, rated 86, is arguably Germany's 1st, if not 2nd choice LB behind M. Jansen atm and has played 50 first class games for Schalke, not to mention numerous CL games and now a handful of internationals as well.

I know he is a bit of an abnomoly but nevertheless, you get my point. ;)

Despite that fact that you have highlighted one of the best midfielders for Mainz this season in Feulner, I really doubt he'll go any higher.

He might get to 86 but probably only if Mainz get promoted. :rolleyes:

I'm a little suprised you didn't stumble across Daniel Gunkel in your research. He's scored 6 goals and managed 3 assists in just 9 games this season ... and only rated 83 (incorrect position on SM. Is a midfielder not CB). He would've been a MUCH better shout. :D

My tip: He'll rise to 85 :)

Nicu - Top shout - he's been very impressive. 5 goals AND 5 assists from 11 games is very good. I'd be disappointed if he didn't get to 83 maybe even 84!!! He has started every game this season and played the full 90 mins every week but in 1 game, where he was subbed after 78 mins.

Konig - should rise to 80+ but I doubt he'll make 83. He has indeed scored 4 goals this season, but that includes a hattrick against Cologne a few weeks ago! :rolleyes:

Hope that helps. Time for a swim in the pool B)

Herby

I guess I made my last post a tad to late. Either way I said I wasn't to fond of Jarolim because his stats aren't good enough even for a midfielder I find. In 215 games (total games in his career including internationally) he scored 14 goals and got 20 assists. And why this increase now when he's on the average of his career. He's also 28 meaning he's heading towards and older age and has had enough time to prove himself. Bottom line his stats aren't good enough. Even if he controls the game it doesn't get him anywhere if he doesn't contribute to getting the goals or assisting them. No disrespect' date=' this is just my opinion and I am entitled to it. Cheers[/quote']

Well, everyone's entitled to their own opinion lil_kick AND since that's the case I want to WHOLE HEARTEDLY DISAGREE with you! ;)

He is a DM/CM so I think the above stats are actually quite acceptable (I haven't checked them so just taking your word for it).

There's more to a great footballer than goals and assists imho. Fabregas was rated 93 last season yet how many goals did he get for the Gunners last year? :rolleyes: I won't even refer to some of the GREATEST DMs in recent times like Claude Makelele (609 games/ 16 goals) or fellow countryman Patrick Viera (634/49), so his goal scoring exploits aren't that far out of the ordinary. :P

As for the age jibe, most players hit their PRIME when they are in their late 20's and even early 30's. Look at Maradonna in 1986 when he was unstopable and arguably at his very BEST. he was aged 26. Then 4 years later, aged 30 he once again led Argentina to consecutive WC finals, only this time to run out 2nd best.

Not all players are childhood stars like Ronaldo, Rooney, Fabregas, Kaka, etc

MOST get better with age and eventually peak at around 26-30, some even later.

Anyway, I don't want this thread turning into a debate.

I was merely sharing info on a player that I think will rise to be a 90+ player soon. At present, he is still a fringe player for the Czech Republic, a nation I rate very highly on the world football stage and I believe that if he continues his current club form that he will feature for his country, or at least make the squad, for the EURO champs next year in Austria/Switzerland and add to his current total of 8 A-caps. :eek::rolleyes:

Herby

Yo Herby!

What do you think about Olic to 90?? He is in really good form :eek: ' date=' one of the best in Hamburg (second club in Germany), hes teammate in attack, Zidan has 90, bzut Olic is better than him this season[/quote']

Agree, I have just sold Zidan in 2 setups as I believe he should drop by atleast 1 to 89. Although is Olic's form that good atm that it warrants a 90?

He's scored 4 goals in 12 games, 3 (hattrick) of which came in 1 game (against VfB Stuttgart). He's also managed 2 assists but I'm not sure that's good enough to warrant a 90 on SM. Yes, I'm aware he has 48 caps for Croatia but even so, I think it's a borderline/marginal call mate.

I know Hamburg are currently 2nd but it's been their defense that's put them in that position (only 9 goals conceded in 12 games) rather than their offense (19 goals). A fair few less than the other title contenders, when you compare that to Bayern (1st/27 goals) and Bremen (3rd/26 goals) who have scored 50% more goals :eek:

What are your thoughts and reasons? I'd be interested to hear your case! :)

Herby