Sign in to follow this  
glinka

Gareth Bale

So the rating changes have just taken place for the ENGLISH PREMIESHIP. There is on small thing that is getting to me, so i'm sharing it on here.

GARETH BALE!!! his rating remains unchanged at a 90!!! Eh? surely this isn't right? Gareth Bale has been sensational the last 2 seasons yet he is rated the same, yes the SAME as Joe Cole who has been awful the last season and a half! Darren Fletcher is rated at 92 (as is Carrick)... whilst I rate Fletcher (I don't rate Carrick) - is he really 2 ratings better than Bale? I would suggest Bale is 2 better than Fletcher.

*I stand corrected if this changes in the next couple of days but it would have been the first rating change made for me!

What do people think. Should I just pipe down and drink my tea?

Re: Gareth Bale

Gareth Bale has been sensational the last 2 seasons

I think that's the problem. Gareth Bale hasn't been sensational the last 2 seasons. Last season (actually 2nd half of last season, in 2009 he spent more time on the bench than on the pitch, not so sensational during that time), when he still was often played as a LB, he regularly made odd mistakes which led to dangerous opportunities for the opposition or even goals, and only started to play well when he was moved up the pitch to play as a left winger, which earned him a +1 rise to 88 (June '10). This season, he started quite well again, with some cracking performances (Stoke, Blackburn, Inter), but also a couple of games where he was invisible, which earned him a +2 rise to 90 (Dec. '10). Since then, he has been incredibly inconsistent again, and he picked up an injury and only came back very recently. Hence no rise.

Fletcher, and even Carrick (even though I absolutely don't rate him and believe the whole United midfield is 1 or 2 levels worse than other European to clubs), did perform more regularly and more consistent than Bale, and that a better and more successful team.

I for one am very glad that at least SM don't buy the hype around Bale.

I think that's the problem. Gareth Bale hasn't been sensational the last 2 seasons. Last season (actually 2nd half of last season' date=' in 2009 he spent more time on the bench than on the pitch, not so sensational during that time), when he still was often played as a LB, he regularly made odd mistakes which led to dangerous opportunities for the opposition or even goals, and only started to play well when he was moved up the pitch to play as a left winger, which earned him a +1 rise to 88 (June '10). This season, he started quite well again, with some cracking performances (Stoke, Blackburn, Inter), but also a couple of games where he was invisible, which earned him a +2 rise to 90 (Dec. '10). Since then, he has been incredibly inconsistent again, and he picked up an injury and only came back very recently. Hence no rise.

Fletcher, and even Carrick (even though I absolutely don't rate him and believe the whole United midfield is 1 or 2 levels worse than other European to clubs), did perform more regularly and more consistent than Bale, and that a better and more successful team.

I for one am very glad that at least SM don't buy the hype around Bale.[/quote']

SPOT + ON = SPOT ON!!!

Watch us wreck the MIC ------ HYPE!!! (in the voice of Ant and Dec)

He got his +2 rise to 90 (which is rare! usually staggered 89-90) for his very good end to last season and I would probably say that if the media weren't sucking his @rse he prob would have only got the 89. i this SM were forced into the 90 with him.

I believe that he is a top player but he is a 1 game in 5 player for me and when he got his chance last year he was exceptional but this was part due to his raw pace and that teams were not prepared for it - It seems the prem teams have sussed him and he gets marked out of the game very easily.. But then he destroys Inter who again didnt expect the pace.

Prem gets reviewed 3 times a year now so there i a chance for the rise but he shouldnt rise if again he is a flash every now and then in a preverbial pan.

Whilst I agree with what a lot of what is being said I do still have an issue with other rateings compared to Bale. If he is then many other players' ratings are wrong.

I believe because he playes for Tottenham he is not looked on as favourably. For instance, Fernando Gago got to a 90 rating for doing what exactly - oh hang on, he plays for Real Madrid. He is a solid player but not a 90. If Bale had played the way he has thuis season, in particularly in Europe in a real madrid shirt then I believe his would be rated higher.

I don't want to repaet myself but if SM can justify Bale being a 90, which I can get on board with then how can Carrick be a 92. I am a man utd fan and I can guarantee Carrick has not done anything of note for a while now, let alone tear apart the reigning European Cup holders.

I actually agree that Bale deserves to be a 90 - I guess my real gripe is t5he over rating of other players who play for more 'glamorous' clubs (although this can be disputed as they are not always regulars).

The list goes on:

ANDERSON - rated 90. What has he done. Bale is better than him!

PEDRO LEON - rated 89. Only played 5 times this season for Real Madrid!!!

PARK JI SUNG - a good solid player but the same quality as Bale?

DARREN FLETCHER - Rated 92. Is he 2 ratings better?

JOHN O SHEA - rated 89. If Flethcer is rated 2 better than Bale then surely, SURELY Bale is 2 better than O'SHEA!!!!???

Point is, you do not only get your rating because of how good you are/can be, if that was true Ronaldinho for example should still be rated 95 as he still is an amazing player who has more skill than about every other player in the world. But he is not! And why? Because he plays for a team that is in a lower rated league, because he didn't play that much for Milan, because Milan didn't perform exceptionally well during his stay there.

And next to that, Bale is only 21, he hasn't been performing at his best for a very long time yet which also adds up. You don't go from 88 --> 93 just because you play good for half a season, you'll have to prove yourself for man years to earn a real high rating. (explains the huge amount of 27+ aged players who are rated 95+).

Get it?

So to look at your list: Anderson has been performing for a top side for a few years already.

Pedro Leon earned his rating by playing for a few decent Spanish sides almost every match of the season.

Park has been playing top level football for years and still is.

Fletcher has been playing about every match for United for 3 seasons now.

O'Shea has been a regular for Utd for years and has only started to play a bit less for the last 2 seasons.