Xbox 360 fans thread

Danny_Williams

Re: Xbox 360 fans thread

Will be joining the XBOX 360 elite, in a wee or so. Getting a little bored of the PS2, and have never had an XBOX before, but have enjoyed playing it when at friends. My dad thinks that games aren't released for the PS2 anymore(Haha, he believed me!) so has decided to get me it for the release of Fifa and PES 2008.

What other new games are about to be released that you guys recommend? Sport/Driving/Shooting games are what I prefer to play. Even games that have possibly been around for a month or so. Any ideas?

Also, If i can get it set up, I will look forward to competing with you all on XBOX Live!

Will be joining the XBOX 360 elite' date=' in a wee or so. Getting a little bored of the PS2, and have never had an XBOX before, but have enjoyed playing it when at friends. [b']My dad thinks that games aren't released for the PS2 anymore(Haha, he believed me!)[/b] so has decided to get me it for the release of Fifa and PES 2008.

What other new games are about to be released that you guys recommend? Sport/Driving/Shooting games are what I prefer to play. Even games that have possibly been around for a month or so. Any ideas?

Also, If i can get it set up, I will look forward to competing with you all on XBOX Live!

did the same trick, had a 360 since January :D

Halo 3 is a must buy no doubt about it. awesome game.

When contacted by Pro-G a Microsoft rep confirmed rumours that gamers who play Halo 3 early will have their LIVE accounts banned. Simply not connecting to the internet doesn't appear to be a solution either. The rep also confirmed that Microsoft is able to ban accounts based on information collected by the console which shows when the game was played. This news is sure to come as a shock to some gamers who have already started playing the final chapter in the blockbuster Halo trilogy.

This appears to suggest that games who play Halo 3 before the official street date will only avoid a ban if they never access Xbox LIVE. Microsoft is preparing an official statement on the Halo 3 banning scandal. We'll give you more on this breaking news story as we get it.

still isn't gonna put me off:D

I thought Halo was average also. The online is still the best part and even that can suck and be very repetitive at times.

For me even the Halo story wasnt all that, the flood were the last bad guys etc and even that wasnt a very good story.

Fifa 08 Demo was completely rubbish and has put me off even renting it from Boom. The only good thing was the Arena. PES 08 all the way!

For anyone that wants a great game on the cheap, check out www.play.com because they have sales on. Including Farcry and Prey for £9.99 :eek::D

***The next big must buy is HALF LIFE 2: THE ORANGE BOX***

This game is something like 5 games in 1 and has 100 achievements based over the 5 games. This game has the first 2 parts of the Half Life series included on the game so that if you have missed the past games and want to know the story you can!!!! This is what Halo should have done!

This game is a bargain at £39.99 and a must buy. Half Life for me is a definate purchase and a guarenteed better gaming experiance then Halo 3.

• Includes:
  • Half-Life 2
  • Half-Life 2: Episode One
  • Half-Life 2: Episode Two (new)
  • Team Fortress 2 (new)
  • Portal (new)

It doesnt have Half Life but still you can always buy that for £9.99 if you want to play the first game too. ;)

For the story of Half Life - http://members.shaw.ca/halflifestory/timeline.htm

BUY IT!

The gameplay is too slow, theres too much stuff to name but I had high hopes for Fifa this year because I want PES to have competition so that both games are worked harder on to be the better game. Fifa has taken a step back and PES has gone forward leaving a bigger gap between the 2.

Cheers for the info Dan, Baseball Furie, Gooner and Danny.

Iv always been put of the Pro Evos because many of the teams are not liscenced, but the the actual playing of the football has always been emmense. I still think im going to have to go for Pro Evo though.

Have any of you played Tiger woods 08 - i am thinking about getting it but the reviews i have read on it have put me off it altogether.

I am quite surprised to be hearing slight dissapoint with Halo, for me its great - but thats probably because this is the first of the Halos i have been on so i will not hae the repetative issue.

Tiger Woods is a great game but can be hard and very annoying in Career when trying to level up your character. You have to beat Pro's Tiger etc to level up which means when you start off and your character is rubbish its near impossible to level up.

Best Tiger overall though all though I feel that the career may have taken a step back.

Well worth a rent. - www.boomerangrentals.co.uk

The Fifa Demo absolutely Sucked...The Pro Demo on the other hand was unbelievable' date=' if the game is what the demo was, it will be a must buy, just play the demo lol...has so many neat features[/quote']

so true the new pes is amazin whereas fifa is p*** on the demo

And i have never bought a pes game and i have had every fifa since 88 world cup and am now turnin to pes

goodbye fifa

bring back their glory days and we may meet again