Sign in to follow this  
Elton

Brainteasers

"This statement is false." What is wrong with the sentence?

"One barber shaves everyone in a town. He cannot shave himself, go to another town to be shaved himself and everyone else cannot shave him. Who shaves the barber in the town?". What is the answer?

"VA DERS". What does this mean?

Anyone else got anything like this.

Re: Brainteasers

"One barber shaves everyone in a town. He cannot shave himself' date=' go to another town to be shaved himself and everyone else cannot shave him. Who shaves the barber in the town?". What is the answer?

Anyone else got anything like this.[/quote']

that confused the **** out of me :P:D

"One barber shaves everyone in a town. He cannot shave himself' date=' go to another town to be shaved himself and everyone else cannot shave him. Who shaves the barber in the town?". What is the answer?

Anyone else got anything like this.[/quote']

Answer to first one: If it says the statement is false, then it means it is telling the truth unlike that it says the statement is true, it means that it it contradicting itself and actually a true statement. If you get what I mean :D

Answer to second one: There is no answer ;)

Answer to third one: Space invaders. There is a space inbeteen vaders :D

When is four half of five?

Imagine you are in a sinking rowboat surrounded by sharks. How would you survive?

Why is it against the law for a man living in North Carolina to be buried in South Carolina?

How far can you walk into the woods?

Try using your logic here (not google)

not that I did :P

When is four half of five? When it chooses to be

Imagine you are in a sinking rowboat surrounded by sharks. How would you survive? Swim away

Why is it against the law for a man living in North Carolina to be buried in South Carolina? Because South Carolina is not 6 foot under North Carolina where he is from

How far can you walk into the woods? As long as your feet can walk to

:D..............

When is four half of five?

Imagine you are in a sinking rowboat surrounded by sharks. How would you survive?

Why is it against the law for a man living in North Carolina to be buried in South Carolina? I'm guessing it's illegal to bury people alive...

How far can you walk into the woods? Halfway as after that you're walking out.

Unsure on the others :/

I had no idea really so I just guessed lol :D What are the real answer though?

When is four half of five? In roman numerals F(IV)E :P;)

Imagine you are in a sinking rowboat surrounded by sharks. How would you survive? Stop Imagining :P

Why is it against the law for a man living in North Carolina to be buried in South Carolina? Because he is still living :D

How far can you walk into the woods? Half way, from there you're walking out of the woods :D

Yes I am. I guess you now know there is no answer :rolleyes:

Then it's not a brain teaser is it. It's just a pointless question.

A good one is the three brothers who buy a radio for their mum.

They each chip in £10. They buy a radio for £30 off the shop boy. The shop owner comes back and says the radio was on sale for £25' date=' go and find the brothers and give them the £5 back.

The boy runs after them but gets tired so buys a can of coke and bag of crisps for £2 and gets £3 change. He finds the brothers and gives them a quid each back.

So, each brother has now only spent £9. 3 x £9 = £27. The boy spent £2 on coke and crisps. £27 + £2 = £29, where did the other £1 go????? :eek:

[/b']

They each chip in £10. They buy a radio for £30 off the shop boy. The shop owner comes back and says the radio was on sale for £25' date=' go and find the brothers and give them the £5 back.

The boy runs after them but gets tired so buys a can of coke and bag of crisps for £2 and gets £3 change. He finds the brothers and gives them a quid each back.

So, each brother has now only spent £9. 3 x £9 = £27. The boy spent £2 on coke and crisps. £27 + £2 = £29, where did the other £1 go????? :eek:

[/b']

It's a paradox and I wanted to see if anyone could see it was. It was never a question but a paradox. No one saw that until Froz3n probably searched it on Google :rolleyes:

It's a paradox and I wanted to see if anyone could see it was. It was never a question but a paradox. No one saw that until Froz3n probably searched it on Google :rolleyes:

Not really. That's like saying 'a man has a steak but no mouth' date=' how does he eat it? He can't. Or any other such nonsense.

I don't get the point of challenging people to a question that's bull poo?

Respect for the other Q's and the thread tho. It's just that, that question has no point.

[b']How about a SoccerManager related one. Rep for the first person to tell me why 1050.61 is the magic number?[/b]

[/b']

there is no missing £1

the three brothers paid a total of £27 (£25 for the radio and £2 for the coke and crisps) then get £3 back equaling £30

there is no missing £1

the three brothers paid a total of £27 (£25 for the radio and £2 for the coke and crisps) then get £3 back equaling £30

True, but the brothers still only spent £27, and the boy only spent £2,, which still leaves the missing pound. ;)

True' date=' but the brothers still only spent £27, and the boy only spent £2,, which still leaves the missing pound. ;)[/quote']

£2 is included in the £27 totalled, as they only spent £25 on the radio not £27 add to that the £3 they got back and you have your £30 ;)

I got the right answer in 5 seconds but let's see who else can get this one:

You're in a mansion and the power's out. You see a green door and a red door. Pick one (it doesn't matter which.) Now you see a purple door and a orange door. Pick one (again, it doesn't matter which you pick). Now you see a door with a golden handle and a door with a silver handle. Pick one. You finally come to some signs on three doors. One says "Death from drowning," another says "Death from machine guns," and the last one says "Death from electric chair." Then you see a big sign off to the side that says "Or stay in the mansion and starve to death." What do you choose and still live?