How good can England be and Who will make the difference?

AlexHSafc

How good can England be and Who will make the difference?  

1. 1.

• Andy Carroll
    • Jack Wilshiere
    • Jack Rodwell
    • Jordan Henderson
    • Phil Jones
    • Alec Chamberlin
    • Kieran Gibbs
    • Danny Welbeck
    • Daniel Sturridge
    • Other

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: How good can England be and Who will make the difference?

Ive gone for Carroll. He will give top defenders kittens with his ability in the air.

Realistically England aren't good enough.

We dont have good enough players. simple.

We dont have enough players who can take the ball past a player.

Skill wise theres ALOT of clubs who are far superior to England. Luckily we have a good defence which bales us out most of the time.

If you look at our best players, Stevie G, Lampard, Rooney. None of them have the skill and trickery level of players from South America and on the continent.

That type of football works at international level.

It annoys me to see excuses like we dont have a winter break, it wouldnt make a difference. Our players of today have not got the skill to succeed internationally.

England, as usual, won't be in the same league as Spain, France, Germany, Brazil, Argentina (the very upper echelons).

Key man will be Joe Hart. A good goalkeeper can't win you games but it can stop you losing them. Think about it, had Green not made the error against the USA in the World Cup, we'd have topped the group and not had to face Germany in the second round.

On the whole though, it falls down to management. We need a manager with not only tactical nous but also passion for England. Capello doesn't have that and I'd want him out ASAP in truth. My shout would be Coyle. Plays good football and makes average players punch above their weight. Possibly not a big enough ego though. I believe a lot of Redknapp's success is down to his ability in the transfer market so I'd give Coyle the edge. Pearce is still far too raw.

The key man should be Albrighton. Finally they have a winger that not only has pace, but the determination and skill to get past a defender, no longer needing to rely on say Gerrard out wide, SWP and such. They can get some great crosses in to players that can head a ball. Something the others can't give and something Sturridge, Carroll and Welbeck (if he chooses England) all need and can use. He can also score the average goal as well.

The key man should be Albrighton. Finally they have a winger that not only has pace' date=' but the determination and skill to get past a defender, no longer needing to rely on say Gerrard out wide, SWP and such. They can get some great crosses in to players that can head a ball.[/quote']

Finally? England haven't exactly been crying out for right sided wingers have they? Lennon's a much better player than Albrighton IMO and only fitness issues and Capello's apparent love affair with Walcott have stopped him becoming a regular. Besides, it's been years since we've had a striker renowned for his heading ability anyway (Shearer?).

The key man should be Albrighton. Finally they have a winger that not only has pace' date=' but the determination and skill to get past a defender, no longer needing to rely on say Gerrard out wide, SWP and such. They can get some great crosses in to players that can head a ball. Something the others can't give and something Sturridge, Carroll and Welbeck (if he chooses England) all need and can use. He can also score the average goal as well.[/quote']

Walcott is much better than Albrighton IMO if he develops more he will be amazing Lennon is better than Albrighton , Henderson is aswell he is way down the pecking order what about young and johnson aswell

Guest Phill

They always have and will continue to be awful, no-one or nothing can change that.

Lol. :P

On a serious note, IMO Wilshere, Sturridge, Rodwell and Chamberlain could all be decent players. Not yet for some, but Wilshere is ready and Sturridge would be a brilliant super sub.

Walcott is much better than Albrighton IMO if he develops more he will be amazing Lennon is better than Albrighton ' date=' Henderson is aswell he is way down the pecking order what about young and johnson aswell[/quote']

Difference is neither Walcott nor Lennon can cross the ball as accurately. Walcott is great at getting behind the defender with pace and can score goals much easier, but when it comes to assisting, not better then Albrighton. Plus, Walcott would make a better wide Forward as he can and does often cut in, like Ronaldo or Messi does (obviously not nearly the talent but you get the idea). I've never rated Lennon, very average for me. Young and Johnson? While I do rate both highly, Young's said he hates being on the wing, he feels outcasted, he likes being selfish on the ball and he can't do it out on the wing. Johnson's touch and go for me. He has a great left foot, can cut in or cross but for me not consistently enough for England to do anything with. For me Albrighton has all the raw talent to become England's best natural winger. He gets forward, he gets back, he'll take a hit and stay up, he'll do anything you ask him to do and he'll do it very well. He can play either side, cut any defender and cross pinpoint, just that Villa, even with Bent who's much better naturally scoring with his foot aren't good enough up front to score.

Finally? England haven't exactly been crying out for right sided wingers have they? Lennon's a much better player than Albrighton IMO and only fitness issues and Capello's apparent love affair with Walcott have stopped him becoming a regular. Besides' date=' it's been years since we've had a striker renowned for his heading ability anyway (Shearer?).[/quote']

Yes, finally. Lennon doesn't do anything for England. England seem to concentrate going down the Left with either Young, Gerrard, Johnson, SWP or whatnot or go through Lampard. I've rarely EVER seen Lennon do anything for England. Just my opinion though, I'm not English so I couldn't care. :P

Plus, with the size of Carroll, Sturridge and even Welbeck, pinpoint crosses are something England should definitely rely on, something Lennon definitely lacks.

Difference is neither Walcott nor Lennon can cross the ball as accurately. Walcott is great at getting behind the defender with pace and can score goals much easier' date=' but when it comes to assisting, not better then Albrighton. Plus, Walcott would make a better wide Forward as he can and does often cut in, like Ronaldo or Messi does (obviously not nearly the talent but you get the idea). I've never rated Lennon, very average for me. Young and Johnson? While I do rate both highly, Young's said he hates being on the wing, he feels outcasted, he likes being selfish on the ball and he can't do it out on the wing. Johnson's touch and go for me. He has a great left foot, can cut in or cross but for me not consistently enough for England to do anything with. For me Albrighton has all the raw talent to become England's best natural winger. He gets forward, he gets back, he'll take a hit and stay up, he'll do anything you ask him to do and he'll do it very well. He can play either side, cut any defender and cross pinpoint, just that Villa, even with Bent who's much better naturally scoring with his foot aren't good enough up front to score.[/quote']

Henderson is similar and most defences find it harder to face pace, Albrighton is alike to Milner is good, and Bent is good at heading aswell

Henderson is similar and most defences find it harder to face pace' date=' Albrighton is alike to Milner is good, and Bent is good at heading aswell[/quote']

Bent's good with his head, but Bent's the only one up front. Young's rarely (he has), but rarely ever going to get a header. That's why they're best from set pieces when Dunne and Collins (and Cuellar when he plays) can get a head on it.

Henderson is a very good player, but doesn't he play more centrally (don't watch Sunderland much so can't really comment on that).

Yes' date=' finally. Lennon doesn't do anything for England. England seem to concentrate going down the Left with either Young, Gerrard, Johnson, SWP or whatnot or go through Lampard. I've rarely EVER seen Lennon do anything for England. Just my opinion though, I'm not English so I couldn't care. :P

Plus, with the size of Carroll, Sturridge and even Welbeck, pinpoint crosses are something England should definitely rely on, something Lennon definitely lacks.[/quote']

Lennon's never really had a string of games in the team though. If you want someone who performs for England then SWP would be playing but as wingers go, Lennon > Albrighton = Walcott. Theo has absolutely zero end product and prefers to go down rather than get past the man.

Besides, I'm not sure what you're basing Lennon's performances on considering you think England's best attacking play comes down the left :eek: It's well known we've been incompetent at left wing for years!

Carroll's good in the air, I'll grant you but neither of Sturridge, Welbeck or any other English forwards for that matter are target-men.

Bent's good with his head' date=' but Bent's the only one up front. Young's rarely (he has), but rarely ever going to get a header. That's why they're best from set pieces when Dunne and Collins (and Cuellar when he plays) can get a head on it.

Henderson is a very good player, but doesn't he play more centrally (don't watch Sunderland much so can't really comment on that).[/quote']

Watch Sunderland every week and he does play centrally but last season played on the right the majority of time has an amazing cross on him and some good skill. Henderson is very versatile which helps. Understand what you mean about Villa but Sunderland only have Gyan and Bent when he was here and they got goals from several of his crosses

Lennon's never really had a string of games in the team though. If you want someone who performs for England then SWP would be playing but as wingers go' date=' Lennon > Albrighton = Walcott. Theo has absolutely zero end product and prefers to go down rather than get past the man.

Besides, I'm not sure what you're basing Lennon's performances on considering you think England's best attacking play comes down the left :eek: It's well known we've been incompetent at left wing for years!

Carroll's good in the air, I'll grant you but neither of Sturridge, Welbeck or any other English forwards for that matter are target-men.[/quote']

Welbeck is more of a Centre Forward he drops off and works for the team, his heading is good for shooting but not very good for knock downs/flick ons

• 1 month later...