Sign in to follow this  
Jonaldinho

Schlupp, Taft and Smith - Future Leicester Stars

Jeffrey Schlupp, George Taft and Adam Smith are three Leicester City youngsters who have all signed professional terms contracts with the club, Schlupp in the summer and Taft and Smith in the past week. They are part of the Leicester side which made it to the FA Youth Cup quarter finals for the first time in 21 years and in the 09/10 Academy season, won Group B at a canter, winning 22, drawing 6 and losing none of their 28 games.

I'm going to use this thread to keep you all updated on these three future Leicester City stars, as they have without a doubt a big future at the club.

JEFFREY SCHLUPP

jeffschlupp10.JPG

Nationality: German

Position: Striker

SM: On DB, rated 75

Jeffrey Schlupp, probably the most well known of the three, is a German striker of Ghanaian descent. At the start of the 2010/11 season, he was given a squad number for the first time, number 31, by Paulo Sousa, along with fellow Leicester youth products Jorrin John and Tom Parkes. He was on the bench against Norwich on the 8th March and on the 14th March he signed a contract that ties him to the club until 2013. He immediately went out on loan to Brentford for a month, and recently made his senior debut, coming on in the 77th minute against Huddersfield.

Schlupp has been capped by the German U19s, but is still able to choose between Ghana, Germany and England if he becomes an international player.

GEORGE TAFT

0,,10274~9170673,00.jpg

Nationality: English

Position: Centre Back

SM: Not on DB

George Taft, along with Adam Smith, signed his first professional contract with the club this week. Now contracted to the club until 2013, Taft is an England U19s defender and started every game in Leicester's recent run to the quarter final of the FA Youth Cup.

"This is great news for the club and for the players. They are very talented young footballers and we have the belief that they will progress", said Sven.

ADAM SMITH

adamsmith.png

Nationality: English

Position: Goalkeeper

SM: Not on DB

Adam Smith, a young Leicester goalkeeper, has this week signed professional terms with the club, signing a contract up until June 2014. Smith joined the Leicester academy from Middlesbrough in October, and started every game in Leicester youth's FA Cup run.

These three Leicester City youngsters have every chance of making the first team, providing them continue to improve at the rate they are now.

Academy Manager John Rudkin said "The Academy has a fine record of developing players that have gone on to establish excellent careers with the Football Club and Adam and George now have the chance to follow that path. Congratulations to them both and I know they will continue to work hard to make the most of the opportunity given to them."

Re: Schlupp, Taft and Smith - Future Leicester Stars

Sheff W 1-3 Brentford, Schlupp getting the second goal :D

This kid is going to be good! Leave him at Brentford on loan for the rest of the season, and then stick him in the first team squad for next season! Leicester could have a little gem on their cards!

SM currently say that he can't be on the database because he's not yet made enough first team appearances. I reckon that 3 goals for a League 1 club in England should be enough to get him on the database!

And also, the BBC website always spells his name Shclupp. Typical :rolleyes:

Schlupp played all 90 minutes for Brentford today in the JPT Final, unfortunately lost 1-0 :o

He only had one chance though, which he hit the post with. His pace is frightening though, needs better service.

Now SURELY he's done enough to get on the database? :rolleyes:

I was going to mention Alex Cisak, but just realised he was released instead of being loaned to Accrington Stanley (in league 2) at the end of 09/10. He's a 21 year old young Australian/Polish and has been impressing a lot since making his league debut for them in October and being the regular pretty much since (I assume). Probably came to Australia as a baby or like 1-2; with them from 2004 at the latest. Could push them into the promotion spots.

Not posted on here in a while, quick update for you.

Schlupp - scored 6 goals in 9 games for Brentford, hope next season will be his breakthrough year at Leicester. If not, then he should go out on loan to a League 1 club and play regularly, much more useful than just banging them in for the reserves.

Smith - After Ricardo got injured (and has now been released), Smith was on the bench for the final few games of the season. Next year wont be his breakthrough year, perhaps sending him out on loan to a League 1/2 club and getting some competitive games under his belt would do him the world of good.

Taft - Recently has been in the England U19s squad, despite only recently turning 18. He should stay at Leicester rather than going out on loan, best place for him at the moment. Perhaps give him a couple of games in the League Cup, see how he does.

Expect Schlupp to get a few minutes this season, as he's included in the first team pre-season tour of Sweden and played 90 minutes tonight (at LB, I've no idea why.) Hopefully he'll get enough minutes to bag a couple of goals for the first team, although maybe first team football at a League 1 club would benefit him more. Time will tell.

Now Logan has gone out on loan to Rotherham for six months, Smith is going to be third choice GK behind Schmeichel and Weale :)

Schlupp has been heavily involved in pre-season so far, playing both LB and in attack. Hopefully he'll get a few games this season.

Smith made his debut in the win against Vasalunds, but he'll be behind Weale and Schmeichel so won't play much next season.

Schlupp made his debut for Leicester in the 4-1 Carling Cup win at Rotherham today, and went and bagged a hattrick :D

schluppmatchball.jpg

Sven intends to use him heavily this season, so he should be getting a few more starts and goals this season. He's got power, pace and is a true goal poacher, exactly what we need this season.

Been away from SM for a while, so can only just tell you that Schlupp has been added to the database at 75! :D

Sven has said that he's 100% guaranteed to be playing a part in our push for promotion so his rating will only go up. As Vassell got himself sent off against Coventry, I expect Schlupp to be on the bench for today's game vs Reading, and will hopefully come on at some point :)

Schlupp actually started today, but on the left wing of a 4-3-3/4-5-1 which isn't his best position. He did alright there, but didn't get on the ball much. When we switched to 4-4-2 after about 30 minutes, he joined Nugent upfront and had a much greater impact. Only had the one shot which got closed down, but he did alright for the 60 or so minutes he was on the pitch for.

Been away from SM for a while' date=' so can only just tell you that Schlupp has been added to the database at 75! :D[/b']

Sven has said that he's 100% guaranteed to be playing a part in our push for promotion so his rating will only go up. As Vassell got himself sent off against Coventry, I expect Schlupp to be on the bench for today's game vs Reading, and will hopefully come on at some point :)

Worth Getting?

Worth Getting?

If you're in a competitive set up then I reckon so. He's guaranteed to get games, Sven has said so himself, and will probably get a few goals too as he's a real goal poacher. In less competitive set ups then there are probably better buys out there but if he continues to play then he could be in for a nice rise to 78-80, and he's only 18 so you'll make a bit of money.

If you're in a competitive set up then I reckon so. He's guaranteed to get games' date=' Sven has said so himself, and will probably get a few goals too as he's a real goal poacher. In less competitive set ups then there are probably better buys out there but if he continues to play then he could be in for a nice rise to 78-80, and he's only 18 so you'll make a bit of money.[/quote']

Okay Ty :) I'm Gonna Buy Him For My Villa Team But I'll Probably Sell Him To Get Some Money If He Can Get To a Decent Rate In The Future.

Started for Leicester in our 4-2 win away at Bury yesterday. Schlupp bagged the first goal, should've had a second and looked lively throughout. He's now ahead of Martyn Waghorn in the pecking order, so will be on the bench most weeks I would suspect.

schluppgoal.jpg

Schlupp (right) after scoring the opening goal.

Taft has gone on a month's loan to Kettering. This is only until he can go out to a League 2 club, so purely for a bit of match practice and fitness.

Schlupp started on the bench, but came on after about 5 minutes after Nugent picked up an injury. Had a very good first half, plenty of running and energy. He showed his strength and awareness for Leicester's second goal, holding off and turning the defender before perfectly laying the pass into Richie Wellens, who finished sublimely.

Second half he was pushed more to the wing as an extra body in midfield and was much less effective, but did a crucial job for the team. With Nugent now out (although no idea how long for) there's a chance Schlupp could start vs Barnsley in two weeks time. I doubt it though.

With Beckford now I think we'll see less of Schupp I may be wrong because I don't follow Leicester but I'm guessing that even though nugget is out injured.

Nugent ;)

And probably yeh, maybe not worth buying as he won't get as many minutes and goals (although he'll start vs Cardiff in the League Cup) but he's still a great prospect for Leicester so I'll keep this thread updated (even if it is purely for my own benefit) :D

Nugent ;)

And probably yeh' date=' maybe not worth buying as he won't get as many minutes and goals (although he'll start vs Cardiff in the League Cup) but he's still a great prospect for Leicester so I'll keep this thread updated (even if it is purely for my own benefit) :D[/quote']

Why did I say Nugget x'D I must be hungry anyway it's a real shame we won't see as much of him.

Seems that his Career may look to be killed unless he moves for the tooks of it but I hope I'm wrong.

Why did I say Nugget x'D I must be hungry anyway it's a real shame we won't see as much of him.

Seems that his Career may look to be killed unless he moves for the tooks of it but I hope I'm wrong.

From the few games that I've watched of him, he is a very, very good player and we would be stupid to sell him. He's proven that he can score goals in League 1 (6 in 9 for Brentford last season), of course whether he'll be able to score goals in the Championship regularly is another question. He handled the Southampton game brilliantly, especially considering he played out of position for the best part of 50 minutes. When Nugent is fit, a loan move to a Championship club where he gets regular games could do him the world of good. For now though, we need him :)

Taft has extended his Kettering loan for another month, and will continue to gain valuable first team experience. Already made 7 apps for them.

Smith, meanwhile, has gone out on a month's loan to Chesterfield, where hopefully he'll get some games :)