Sign in to follow this  
StephenMUFC

The Official Golf Thread

this thread is for anything to do with golf.

so all you golf fans comment,comment;)

World rankings

1. Woods 13.11

2. Mcilroy 9.86

3. Scott 7.58

4. Kuchar 6.81

5. Rose 6.37

Fedex Cup

1. Woods 2,345

2. Kuchar 1,922

3. Snedekar 1,474

4. Horschel 1,293

5. Mickelson 1,248

Race to Dubai

In Euro's

1. Manassero 1,114,516

2. Mcdowell 1,029,186

3. Rumford 875,270

4. Garcia 829,395

5. Ilonen 788,486

Current major holders

Masters: Adam Scott

Us Open: Webb Simpsom

British Open: Ernie Els

Pga Championship: Rory Mcilroy

Re: offical Golf thread

Mike weir injured again.

will he ever be back.

Can't even remember the last time I saw him play! Shame, because he was once a lovely player.

Surprised to see Donald so high up in the rankings, although not because I don't think he's good enough - I rate him tremendously. Just haven't followed the latest goings-on and must have missed him doing well recently.

Four Europeans in the top four of the rankings? Never thought I'd see the day.

Can't even remember the last time I saw him play! Shame' date=' because he was once a lovely player.

Surprised to see Donald so high up in the rankings, although not because I don't think he's good enough - I rate him tremendously. Just haven't followed the latest goings-on and must have missed him doing well recently.

Four Europeans in the top four of the rankings? Never thought I'd see the day.[/quote']

weir is very near 250th in the world rankings its amazing he was 3rd at one stage.

hes always stock around the top 5 of every tourment;).

its amazing but there is alot of americans doing well they could push in (Bll hass,bubba watson etc)

Guest Leddy

hes playing ok finshing in the top 30s alot lately but is getting top 5s

Thats good he's a top talent and is still very young :D

Guest Leddy

the future of irish golf:)

Yes definately' date=' Graeme Mcdowell is a good Golfer to altough he's NI[/font']

Guest Leddy

so's mcilory.both great players played great in the ryder cup

yeh McDowell won it for Europe.

Guest Leddy

great putter

Yeah his putting is very good' date=' have'nt heard of Tiger Woods in quite some time, last time was over the Scandal[/font']

Guest Leddy

he played in the ryder cup aswell and was in a play off with G-Mac In the Chevron Last Year

Good' date=' is he back to best, I've lost some interest in Golf now.[/font']

not hes best but is playing well and will win a couple of majors in the next couple of years.

Thats debatable. Hasn't played anywhere close to his best since the scandal broke. I do hope he gets his form back though I used to be a big fan. On the other-hand I could see him coming out of nowhere to win the Masters ;)

btw repped for the Selena Gomez avatar and quote. made me lol :D

Seems not many golf fans in the world of SM :eek: Only 23 posts in nearly 4-5 months, Im here now Stephen lets get this thread going.

Im in agreement with you over tiger, i like the way he isnt rushing back in, im sure he could struggle through the british open next week but why bother when he could aggrevate the injury and have to pull out like at the players. I just hope its not too long before he makes his come back, i think 18 majors is very achievable being on 14 already, he will come back and has years left.

I predict a comeback for the PGA In mid august, thats gives him another full 4 weeks rehabilitation and recovery time, and at odds of 14/1, i'll be taking a punt at a win in his first major back :D

Seems not many golf fans in the world of SM :eek: Only 23 posts in nearly 4-5 months' date=' Im here now Stephen lets get this thread going.

Im in agreement with you over tiger, i like the way he isnt rushing back in, im sure he could struggle through the british open next week but why bother when he could aggrevate the injury and have to pull out like at the players. I just hope its not too long before he makes his come back, i think 18 majors is very achievable being on 14 already, he will come back and has years left.

I predict a comeback for the PGA In mid august, thats gives him another full 4 weeks rehabilitation and recovery time, [b']and at odds of 14/1[/b], i'll be taking a punt at a win in his first major back :D

They're terrible odds... :o

Not convinced Tiger will ever get back to his very best. Obviously, it's impossible to write him off just yet, but he's been a shadow of his former self since taking that break, and he's becoming rather injury-prone as well. Plus, there are a lot of younger golfers coming through who are both consistent and extremely talented, McIlroy leading the way of course.

There was a time when I thought it would only be a matter of time before Woods surpassed Nicklaus' record. Not anymore.

Seems not many golf fans in the world of SM :eek: Only 23 posts in nearly 4-5 months' date=' Im here now Stephen lets get this thread going.

I predict a comeback for the PGA In mid august, thats gives him another full 4 weeks rehabilitation and recovery time, and at odds of 14/1, i'll be taking a punt at a win in his first major back :D[/quote']

I think if he wins a pga tour event he will get the confednice (spelling :o) to go on and win a major.