Re: Gold Championship 149

It's been a fairly quiet transfer window for Zenit st. Petersburg with 3 players coming in and 3 players going out. Signed Viviano from bologna and Simplicio and Cassetti from Roma.

So far no offers worth really considering for Anyukov, Bruno Alves, Danny or Kerzhakov although all remain available for the right offer.

Start my season away to Dinamo Moscow tonight who are managed by Robson Carvalho so hopefully get off to a good start!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 149 PSG kick off the season with a 1-1 draw against Toulouse. Stats were pretty even, so the draw was a fair result. Been pretty quiet in the French capital in regard of transf

Re: Gold Championship 149 I can offer you Almunia (87) or Lars Bender (86) if you wish. I'm struggling myself with a small ish squad

Pretty content with the incomings at Port Vale despite low funds and being outbid on the more sought after players.

Montano from Seattle

Moffat from Portland

Lichaj from Aston Villa

Sercombe from Exeter

Ilesanmi from Dagenham

Martina from Ajax

O'Brien from ST Patricks

Sheppard from Shamrock

Ryan from Sligo

Ozdogan from Copenhagen

NGala from Plymouth

Okugo from Philadelphia

Marosevic from Dallas

Shuttleworth from New England

also taking a chance on Albrechtsen, Colaluca and Sesay who were all free agents. Feel Ive built a sound and very young squad, main aim was to keep the wages to a minimum as Ive noticed some clubs in Div 4 and 5 spending big and have big squads.

Anyway good luck to all

PSG kick off the season with a 1-1 draw against Toulouse. Stats were pretty even, so the draw was a fair result.

Been pretty quiet in the French capital in regard of transfers, Guillermo Ochoa being the only player coming in, a big improvement in our goalkeeping department.

Never really got into Gold Championships in the past, but each time a new one opens, I always look if there's any decent teams to join as, hoping this one would be different. PSG are probably the best (only 2nd) team I've managed in a Gold Championship, so signs are that it should be better than the last time, but I'm starting to remember why. It's just something about logging on to around 10 new messages each time, most being a nice offer of 2mil over CV for your best players, or being inundated with offers of 2 mediocre players for your 1 star, the club captain and the guy constantly linked to top Premier League sides. Thought adding a minimum fee may solve the problem, but then got 2 mediocre players and cash. Ok, he's just unavailable now. That doesn't stop the PMs though. "Your team is poor, so two mediocre centre backs for your star centre back would be a brilliant deal for you." I'm sure Madrid may have a couple of those centre backs going spare, maybe Barcelona. Maybe a top English side is taking an interest in the welfare of a lowly French club (aren't all French clubs, even Lyon & Marseille, lowly to anyone in the other top 4 leagues? :P) From the giants of world football, maybe I'd accept taking the hit that I should sell them my star player for 2 of his decent players, but no, the club offering the fantastic deal to my poor team was...Stoke :eek:

Maybe I over-value Sakho. Seeing as his name was the defensive base to build my team around and the reasoning why I picked up PSG, I definitely do, and won't try to hide it, but I was compelled to share. It's not because Huth and Shawcross were the players offered, I've had worse offers for him, just because of that "it is (a fantastic offer) considering your team is so poor". I love SM at times :D

Bayer Leverkusen

Have an offer in for Sahin at the moment, also thrown at a few more deals to clubs. Majority have been pushed back, yet nice to receive a P.M telling me the players are not for sale.

Rene Adler is available. However he is not goign for C/V part exchange. He is a top keeper, hard to come by, and any deal will have to reflect that. Preferbly need a replacement and a striker.

Think you need to get off your horse there mr psg manager, french league players are over rated because the league is so poor, for instance jack wilshere is an amazing young player and can hold it with the best of them, is rated lower than yann m'vila a very talented player but playing at a poor team in a poor league, so how on earth huth and shawcross both very good defenders in best league in the world was that bad an offer you decided to moan about it on a public forum is beyond me, its a game mate just to let you know.

Im really pleased with my result first game with Stoke winning 2-0 against the might of arsenal with new signing hugo rodellega scoring on his debut

Mmmm yeah, i'm not gonna dive in to radically change my tactics. See how the next game goes before contemplating drastic changes. Congrats on good start to season though dunny

Milito's a class player yes he's had a poor injury hit season and may drop to 93 and Pandev's a decent player as well they dont play for Inter for nothing.

This is acomputer gme that works on numbers a Milito 94 is no different to a Tevez 94 add Pandev and 10 mill and its a decent deal.

Tevez wont be rising anytime soon not until Man City win the league or he scores loads of CL goals he's also said he wants to be back in Argentina by the time he's 30.

All in all its a decent deal which gets me some extra depth a 94 & 91 &10mill for a 94 and you think the Inter manager is laughing :confused:i've been managing in GC's for 2 years and in GC's its a fair offer.

Think you need to get off your horse there mr psg manager' date=' french league players are over rated because the league is so poor, for instance jack wilshere is an amazing young player and can hold it with the best of them, is rated lower than yann m'vila a very talented player but playing at a poor team in a poor league, so how on earth huth and shawcross both very good defenders in best league in the world was that bad an offer you decided to moan about it on a public forum is beyond me, its a game mate just to let you know.[/quote']

I really have no idea what Wilshere and M'Vila have to do with it. It's pretty obvious they're going to both be at 90 at the end of the season. Point being?

However bad you may think the French league is, even £50mil on top couldn't convince me to swap 2 pylons at a limited, mid-table English club for one of the most talented young defenders in Europe.

It's not as if Stoke are any better than clubs in France either. They're probably on-par with Montpellier and Lorient, maybe Saint-Etienne at a push.

I'd say Lorient were more of a Sunderland tbh. A very talented striker with a good upcoming midfield and pretty average defences. I don't think the offer the guy made was a poor one, in a GC it was pretty reasonable. Not over the top but just enough to a fair few people i imagine. Anyways i'm only saying this as now the mighty Schalke can't make a bid for him with him being unavailable ;)

I'd say Lorient were more of a Sunderland tbh. A very talented striker with a good upcoming midfield and pretty average defences. I don't think the offer the guy made was a poor one' date=' in a GC it was pretty reasonable. Not over the top but just enough to a fair few people i imagine. Anyways i'm only saying this as now the mighty Schalke can't make a bid for him with him being unavailable ;)[/quote']

Pretty fair comparison, quite like both the Lorient and Sunderland managers as well, so that fits, although can't think of anyone in the Sunderland team who's talented, never mind very. But then again, aside from Lyon, I am a Newcastle fan :P Don't think any team in the French league is similar in strengths to Stoke, but Lorient, maybe Montpellier is probably the best match in terms of ability. Possibly Saint-Etienne (Lyon rivalry kicking in there) and Bordeaux under Tigana, but no higher than that.

It wasn't the offer itself. I've honestly had worse, but I don't really see the sense in swapping such a highly rated talent at 90 for 1 guy most likely at his peak at 88 in Huth, and 1 guy who may never reach 90 in Shawcross. It's not like I don't have enough cover either. Anyway, it wasn't the offer so much, just the reasoning. I know PSG isn't the best team out there, but getting called a poor team by Stoke made me chuckle. All in good humour anyway.

Not seen Gyan play recently then??:)

Also not a Sunderland player officially but Danny Welbeck is an extremely good player also!

Biased Newcastle fan ;)

They could've have Lionel Messi, and he'd be a limited midget who only looked good because of Xavi and Iniesta :P