Kevin Friend not fit to Referee

AlexHSafc

Made the stupid mistake with the Turner back pass at Anfield allowing Kuyt to score in the 2-2 draw gets a long ban. Then gets the reverse fixture at the Stadium of Light, then gives a penalty when a foul was commited on the edge of the box and made some horric decisions throughout, Sack Him!

Re: Kevin Friend not fit to Referee

Bloody tell me about it.

That man shafted North End over big time earlier in the season. He sent Billy Jones off for supposed time wasting (he had the ball in his hands a matter of seconds looking for options with about 80 mins of the game gone)

We were 3-1 when he reduced us to 10 men we ended up losing that game 4-3 and our season went down the pan from then on.

I hate that man with a passion.

To make matters worse he refereed our game against Watford a couple of weeks back where he said to Billy Jones that he was wrong to send him off. THE PILLOCK

To be fair the assistant gave the penalty and he has (or should have) a better view as he's directly in line with the play. Friend was only going to give a freekick.

All premier league refs are not fit enough to referee

You should see the Championship referees, they are so much worse :o

Howard Webb is a terrible referee :o

Just take the penalty decision at Blackburn over the weekend to see how bad he is ;)

I was just taking it from personal experience, I'm sure steve will agree that he kept the home game against Burnley fair this season :)

Made the stupid mistake with the Turner back pass at Anfield allowing Kuyt to score in the 2-2 draw gets a long ban. Then gets the reverse fixture at the Stadium of Light' date=' then gives a penalty when a foul was commited on the edge of the box and made some horric decisions throughout, Sack Him![/quote']

Lol im sure you wouldnt be complaining if his desicions benefited your team :rolleyes:

Referees are humans too :P

Plus the lino gave the pen decision!

Lol im sure you wouldnt be complaining if his desicions benefited your team :rolleyes:

Referees are humans too :P

Plus the lino gave the pen decision!

Yeh but it is my team thats why im bothered :/, what a useless comment, they get paid nearly as much as players they should perform and they may be human but they should be more consistent e.g bramble booking yesterday for snap on Carroll = Yellow Card Mensah foul on Suarez straight Red no consistency

Yeh but it is my team thats why im bothered :/' date=' what a useless comment, they get paid nearly as much as players they should perform and they may be human but they should be more consistent e.g bramble booking yesterday for snap on Carroll = Yellow Card Mensah foul on Suarez straight Red no consistency[/quote']

Mensah was sent off because he dragged down Suarez when he was the last man. Forgetting the goal, because like Shack pointed out it was the linesman who gave the penalty, what about the advantage that got played when Meireles had a shot and miss then Friend pulls it back and gives the free kick? Surely that is the advantage and there shouldn't be a free kick?

Mensah was sent off because he dragged down Suarez when he was the last man. Forgetting the goal' date=' because like Shack pointed out it was the linesman who gave the penalty, what about the advantage that got played when Meireles had a shot and miss then Friend pulls it back and gives the free kick? Surely that is the advantage and there shouldn't be a free kick?[/quote']

Yeh and Mensah and Bramble were both last men the advantage was stupid it gave them 2 chances.

Yeh but it is my team thats why im bothered :/' date=' what a useless comment, they get paid nearly as much as players they should perform and they may be human but they should be more consistent e.g bramble booking yesterday for snap on Carroll = Yellow Card Mensah foul on Suarez straight Red no consistency[/quote']

So my comment is more useless than you saying the guy who has given two decisions against your team should be sacked :rolleyes:

And referees get paid almost as much as players? They get about 500/1000pound per game unless at the highest level :confused: By your logic if players make mistakes should they be sacked aswell then? Hell im sure Man City fans will be clamering to get Balotelli sacked for his poor performances..

So my comment is more useless than you saying the guy who has given two decisions against your team should be sacked :rolleyes:

And referees get paid almost as much as players? They get about 500/1000pound per game unless at the highest level :confused: By your logic if players make mistakes should they be sacked aswell then? Hell im sure Man City fans will be clamering to get Balotelli sacked for his poor performances..

I never once said he should be sacked! City will act by docking wages and they get paid much more than that mate, and the premier league is one of the highest levels

I never once said he should be sacked! City will act by docking wages and they get paid much more than that mate' date=' and the premier league is one of the highest levels[/quote']
Made the stupid mistake with the Turner back pass at Anfield allowing Kuyt to score in the 2-2 draw gets a long ban. Then gets the reverse fixture at the Stadium of Light' date=' then gives a penalty when a foul was commited on the edge of the box and made some horric decisions throughout,[b'] Sack Him[/b]!

You were saying :P

I get your point though im often frustrated by sub standard refereeing performances down the city to be honest! Its one of those human error things that you cant really control though unless we impliment the whole video technology.. which is a whole other debate in itself lol

When referees like Phil Dowd are touted as some of the best this country has to offer' date=' it just goes to show how the level of refereeing has gone down the pan.

I miss [b']Pierluigi Collina[/b].

Legend!

IFFHS' World's Best Referee of the Year

Winner (6): 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003

Just check out his honours :eek:

When referees like Phil Dowd are touted as some of the best this country has to offer' date=' [b']it just goes to show how the level of refereeing has gone down the pan[/b].

I miss Pierluigi Collina.

Controversial decisions are not a new thing. There's always been debate about decisions made in football games. The only difference is now there's so many more cameras in HD and technology to prove that some decisions made are wrong. If I gave a similar penalty in a Sunday league game I'd get a few complaints (I would whether I gave a free kick or a penalty) but then the penalty would be taken and that would be that. No one would bring it up after that because they'd understand it was a borderline call and there's nothing that could be done. Likewise if this happened in a League 2/Conference game where there's one camera at the side of the half way line, there would be no way to prove whether the decision was in or out and everyone would just get on with the game and accept the decision, no complaints.

I have to agree that Collina was out of this world and no ref comes close to him now, however, we should feel privileged to have some top referees such as Howard Webb, Mike Dean and Phil Dowd all of whom are a long way ahead of the top referees from other football leagues across the world and a lot, lot better than the vast majority of select group referees we have had in the past. Refereeing in general is certainly improving now they are full time professional who are being properly trained. However, due to the constant advances in technology it would seem to your average football fan otherwise. It also doesn't help having incompetent commentators who don't know the laws of the game themselves.

OP, If the officials in yesterdays game made half as many mistakes as the Sunderland players or even the Liverpool players for that matter then I'm sure they would accept the criticism they got. If anyone should be sacked after yesterdays performance surely it's Sunderland's defenders.

I challenge anybody who is openly critical of refereeing to go out one Saturday morning/Sunday afternoon and try it out for yourself. I guarantee after you've done that you will have a lot more respect for the men in the middle refereeing in Premier League games.

When referees like Phil Dowd are touted as some of the best this country has to offer' date=' it just goes to show how the level of refereeing has gone down the pan.

[b']I miss Pierluigi Collina.[/b]

Even he made mistakes, look at Everton against Villareal.

Controversial decisions are not a new thing. There's always been debate about decisions made in football games. The only difference is now there's so many more cameras in HD and technology to prove that some decisions made are wrong. If I gave a similar penalty in a Sunday league game I'd get a few complaints (I would whether I gave a free kick or a penalty) but then the penalty would be taken and that would be that. No one would bring it up after that because they'd understand it was a borderline call and there's nothing that could be done. Likewise if this happened in a League 2/Conference game where there's one camera at the side of the half way line' date=' there would be no way to prove whether the decision was in or out and everyone would just get on with the game and accept the decision, no complaints.

I have to agree that Collina was out of this world and no ref comes close to him now, however, we should feel privileged to have some top referees such as Howard Webb, Mike Dean and Phil Dowd all of whom are a long way ahead of the top referees from other football leagues across the world and a lot, lot better than the vast majority of select group referees we have had in the past. Refereeing in general is certainly improving now they are full time professional who are being properly trained. However, due to the constant advances in technology it would seem to your average football fan otherwise. It also doesn't help having incompetent commentators who don't know the laws of the game themselves.

OP, If the officials in yesterdays game made half as many mistakes as the Sunderland players or even the Liverpool players for that matter then I'm sure they would accept the criticism they got. [b']If anyone should be sacked after yesterdays performance surely it's Sunderland's defenders[/b].

I challenge anybody who is openly critical of refereeing to go out one Saturday morning/Sunday afternoon and try it out for yourself. I guarantee after you've done that you will have a lot more respect for the men in the middle refereeing in Premier League games.

Yeh, Yeh, Yeh your 100& correct, the defenders are completely at fault for a foul outside the box which is given as a penalty that is 1 defender not all 4 commiting the foul. The second goal was great individual skill. Im sure football is a team gave you need your defenders and being a referee is hard everyone knows but if they cant take the pressure and stick why be one?