• I am sticking around
    • I am sticking around AND will try to help fill the setup

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge

Painful defeat to shack 1-0 was the result

Well done shack and sorry boys :o

Milito and etoo up front drawing blanks :eek:

Nothing less than what i expected B)

I kid i kid.. hard luck Dom mate!

Delighted with the win against what i consider to be one of the strongest teams in the setup at this moment :)

Very happy to beat Levante who held a 100% record over me prior to tonight. Dzeko and Navas with Nurnberg's goals in a 2-1 win :) Looks like a poor night for 7345 though :(

Turn 5

106: 3 - 5 = -2 x 1 loss vs rivals = -2 points

5579: 5 - 5 = 0 points

7046: 6 - 3 = 3 x 3 wins vs rivals = 9 points

7345: 3 - 4 = -1 x 2 losses vs rivals = -2 points

Overall

106: -52 points

5579: -2 points

7046: 44 points

7345: 11 points

4nats.jpg

drew with callum' date=' but only to be expected as I was at home[/quote']

what a rubbish game that was.

And with regards to the % increase, what does it really show? I wasn't fully into this setup at the start (I know, i know!) so mine was never really going to be high. The bigger teams are always going to increase the most, they have the most to play with. Unless you're a sad man who has nothing else better to do (Hertha) :D

Guest drseanfitz

what a rubbish game that was.

And with regards to the % increase' date=' what does it really show? I wasn't fully into this setup at the start (I know, i know!) so mine was never really going to be high. The bigger teams are always going to increase the most, they have the most to play with. Unless you're a sad man who has nothing else better to do (Hertha) :D[/quote']

it only tells you what you want it to.

like callum, the self proclaimed transfer king, is anything but. surely if he's that good, even with minimal effort, he'd have done something in the transfer market.

Nice win for Boro over Neil's Borussia, and a good week for 7046 in general (again). Steady away for us, though you can't help thinking that one nation (not necessarily 7046) is due a big thumping win any time soon :D

And nice stats Sean :) You said earlier on that you weren't going to bother due to all of the negativity, but maybe commentary was mistaken for negativity there?

Still, personally I think success in the game is the only stat that ultimately matters. Here's one of my current favorites, which just happens to see 7046 rather well represented :D

picture94v.png

Maybe if we divided Ave. Pts by % increase if that would show us those who have most failed to make use of their new found riches? ;)

Maybe if we divided Ave. Pts by % increase if that would show us those who have most failed to make use of their new found riches? ;)

You seriously take stock in those averages? :o Mo's top because he won the SMFA Shield against high rated yet unmanaged sides. Dom's second on merit for his league win. Zak did well in the cups but terribly in the league, etc.

You seriously take stock in those averages? :o Mo's top because he won the SMFA Shield against high rated yet unmanaged sides. Dom's second on merit for his league win. Zak did well in the cups but terribly in the league' date=' etc.[/quote']

I was mainly thinking about the relative positions to be fair. Besides, Mo wasn't the only one in that competition, nor Dom in the league :rolleyes:

Who mentioned the averages? I was just thinking about the relative positions. Besides' date=' Mo wasn't the only one in that competition, nor Dom in the league :rolleyes:[/quote']

Performing in the SMFA competitions don't require a good squad value as you can whack your best 11 out without fear of fitness or injuries though.

Performing in the SMFA competitions don't require a good squad value as you can whack your best 11 out without fear of fitness or injuries though.

All the more reason to expect those with the highest averages, not Mo, to do well in the SMFA's. Another failure to be able to use those players perhaps? Besides, wouldn't those lacking depth in the squads still struggle in the SMFA's as they'd still pick up injuries in the rest of the games, affecting the SMFAs?

There just seems to be a lot of focus here on the ability of managers in the transfer market, where really surely winning the league, SMFA Cup, the 4 Nations Cup, or the 4 Nations itself is what really counts? :confused:

All the more reason to expect those with the highest averages' date=' not Mo, to do well in the SMFA's. Another failure to be able to use those players perhaps?

There just seems to be a lot of focus here on the ability of managers in the transfer market, where really surely winning the league, SMFA Cup, the 4 Nations Cup, or the 4 Nations itself is what really counts? :confused:[/quote']

Yeah, you're right with the end bit. I personally feel the really really top managers succeed in the international competitions which have nothing to do with someone's skill in the transfer market... ;)

Yeah' date=' you're right with the end bit. I personally feel the really really top managers succeed in the international competitions which have nothing to do with someone's skill in the transfer market... ;)[/quote']

Agreed. Or nothing to do with points in the 4 Nations either ;)

You seriously take stock in those averages? :o Mo's top because he won the SMFA Shield against high rated yet unmanaged sides. Dom's second on merit for his league win. Zak did well in the cups but terribly in the league' date=' etc.[/quote']

can't take that much from them stats but It does look good though :) They are the stats that won us the tournament last year in there somewhere though.

Turn 5

106: 3 - 5 = -2 x 1 loss vs rivals = -2 points

5579: 5 - 5 = 0 points

7046: 6 - 3 = 3 x 3 wins vs rivals = 9 points

7345: 3 - 4 = -1 x 2 losses vs rivals = -2 points

a Decent enough week for us ( another winning one that is what counts)

Overall

106: -52 points

5579: -2 points

7046: 44 points

7345: 11 points

4nats.jpg

that does look good so far as well :)

So does this in the new look interface down at the bottom of my homepage :)

lg4n.jpg

4 places of the 7 is a decent start as well

Re: The 2 Tier Nation Challenge

I think all the stats and the nit picking has proved is what we already know B)

The germans and the champs battleing out for the crown

5579 are falling backwards rather than forwards

106 are just terrible B)

I dont care how good the stats look favourable on me personally ( And the do look favourable :D ) But that red line rising on the graph is the most important bit and the black line going down :D

Well done on the stats sean , That was some top stuff :)

Guest drseanfitz

Well done on the stats sean ' date=' That was some top stuff :)[/quote']

Cheers Dom.

Just thought it was interesting to compare squad values, doesn't prove anything other than who's squad values have risen the most, but never claimed they did.

although by the way some people are going on you'd think I was using them to predict a forthcoming apocalypse or something.:rolleyes::P

Cheers Dom.

Just thought it was interesting to compare squad values' date=' doesn't prove anything other than who's squad values have risen the most, but never claimed they did.

although by the way some people are going on you'd think I was using them to predict a forthcoming apocalypse or something.:rolleyes::P[/quote']

I thought it was an interesting article as well .showed quite a few people have been working there squads up well and some haven't(yes you know who you are :P)

You got a +1 ,a comment in here and on your profile from me for it .:)

I just posted a couple o pics we comments as a wee windie-up...for it amused me in my drunken state but I do not foresee no apocalypse coming not tonight anyway .

Guest drseanfitz

I thought it was an interesting article as well .showed quite a few people have been working there squads up well and some haven't(yes you know who you are :P)

You got a +1 ' date='a comment in here and on your profile from me for it .:)

I just posted a couple o pics we comments as a wee windie-up...for it amused me in my drunken state but I do not foresee no apocalypse coming not tonight anyway .[/quote']

yep, did notice that, Cheers Dan. think I responded on your wall.

They actually mean nothing to the competition side, they don't allow for the fact that one 94 CB is worth about 12mil, whilst another is 27mil. or for how some teams have helped out their team-mates(cheers Stu/Kari/Lenny).

but it was interesting doing them

lost too dan' date=' very annoying aswell as he just copied my exact tactics....[/quote']

Haha was a good tactic though to copy your strange arrow like formation , I checked back your last few games and saw you had success with it against a couple of different formations so rather than defend and try to get a tactic to beat it I though with me fielding a 1 point higher rated average if i play the same tactic I should in all probability win the game :)

You fit right into the 7046 team :)

Says the 7345 captain the team who were begging last season for other teams to throw games :rolleyes:

I will use whatever means necessary to get a win against the opponent if that means 3-5-2 and a sigh from the captain then so be it .

You'll always have my support Dan, mainly 'cos I know you have the ability to change from the 3-5-2 having used it the previous game ;)

I just avoid looking at your SMFA results and that way I never have to sigh :P