The 4 Nation Challenge

Stuart H

The 4 Nation Challenge  

1. 1.

• I am leaving at the end of the season
    • I am sticking around
    • I am sticking around AND will try to help fill the setup

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge

dominic latouche steered Everton to victory against Hamburger SV.

Everton beat Hamburger SV 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Milito scored the winner for Everton and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Get in!!!!!!!!! :D

We get one of our smallest but definately one of the best wins of the season as we defeat germanys top brass and deserved it as well.

Very pleased with everton's form at the moment :)

Neil is next in the firing line! :D

Very disappointed with a draw against Levante :o Think I've got a small backlog of scores...

Turn 23

106: 7 - 11 = -4 x 3 losses vs rivals = -12 points

5579: 6 - 8 = -2 x 1 loss vs rivals = -2 points

7046: 9 - 6 = 3 x 2 wins vs rivals = 6 points

7345: 8 - 5 = 3 x 2 wins vs rivals = 6 points

Shield Final

106: 0 points

5579: Winners and beat rival = 20 points

7046: Runners-Up = 10 points

7345: 0 points

Turn 24

106: 7 - 10 = -3 x 2 losses vs rivals = -6 points

5579: 12 - 9 = 3 x 2 wins vs rivals = 6 points

7046: 7 - 7 = 0 points

7345: 6 - 6 = 0 points

Overall

106: -301 points

5579: 108 points

7046: 234 points

7345: 273 points

4nats.jpg

For new (or still confused) members, the scoring system is outlined on the first post but I can give a more detailed example if you're still a bit uncertain of what's going on :)

A win that feels like a loss? Bah!

Palermo beat Espanyol 2-1 but lose Dani Alves' date=' Ashley Cole AND Pedro in the same game "/

Tough week again for the Italians.[/quote']

Well done Zak. Espanyol hitting a bit of a rough patch lately, with Leverkusen up next, great. Decent night for 5579, mainly thanks to big wins for Ed and Dudeskin :)

Dan Malone steered Newcastle United to victory against Real Betis.

Newcastle United beat Real Betis 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Hernandez scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Mascherano and Valencia were also amongst the goalscorers.

Happy with that result , rested Cambiasso and Muller for the Nurenberg game next :)

Park should be superfit for the game C.PARK

Fwd/AM 88

103%

BOLOGNA BLOB OPENER FOR RATCLIFFE!..

Genoa 2 - 1 Bologna

A.ARSHAVIN 8

E.ADEBAYOR 80

Half Time

(1 - 1)

J.FARFAN 10

Daniel Ratcliffe (racky) was unable to prevent a Bologna defeat to Genoa.

Bologna slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Genoa in their Division 1 fixture.

Farfan was on the scoresheet for his side.

bit more transfer news.. just signings for fitness issues etc and will look to go again..

The offer for Mário RUI of Parma from Bologna has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Danny DA COSTA of Roma from Bologna has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Maxime COLIN of US Boulogne from Bologna has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Sébastien FAURE of Lyon from Bologna has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Ulises DAVILA of Chelsea from Bologna has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

lost these 2 but plenty availability to not need the battle :) ..

The offer for Kevin WOLZE of MSV Duisburg from Bologna has been accepted along with other club offers. MSV Duisburg will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Marvin KNOLL of Barcelona from Bologna has been accepted along with other club offers. Barcelona will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Get in!!!!!!!!! :D

We get one of our smallest but definately one of the best wins of the season as we defeat germanys top brass and deserved it as well.

Very pleased with everton's form at the moment :)

Neil is next in the firing line! :D

Ah well just the 8 points clear at the top now then....

Guest drseanfitz

Happy to see that I have became the top valued side :)

Newcastle United - £327.1M

Hamburger SV - £322.6M

Bayer Leverkusen - £320.7M

Everton - £315.2M

Palermo - £300.0M

Doesn't mean Jack but it still pleases me :)

thought about congratulating you, but last time I commented on squad values it was followed by about 10 pages of people moaning about the pointlessness of it all, so I wont;)

thought about congratulating you' date=' but last time I commented on squad values it was followed by about 10 pages of people moaning about the pointlessness of it all, so I wont;)[/quote']

Ah, I think that was 'cos rather than just mentioning squad values you also then made some spurious link to the initial values without also taking into consideration the team nature of the game, the relative initial starting values of each nation, and how such individual gains really have no meaning outside of that context. You know, something like that :)

But Dan, well done, top work mate :)

Guest drseanfitz

Ah' date=' I think that was 'cos rather than just mentioning squad values you also then made some spurious link to the initial values without also taking into consideration the team nature of the game, the relative initial starting values of each nation, and how such individual gains really have no meaning outside of that context. You know, something like that :)

would that be the one where I actually broke it up into regions, and then compared the combined national squad values:rolleyes:

would that be the one where I actually broke it up into regions' date=' and then compared the combined national squad values:rolleyes:

No, just the one where you showed that Herta had made the biggest gains without any reference to the nations values. I think the two were separate. You regions post was certainly most excellent :)

Guest drseanfitz

No' date=' just the one where you showed that Herta had made the biggest gains without any reference to the nations values. I think the two were separate. You regions post was certainly most excellent :)[/quote']

I mentioned that mine had doubled, and in the same post mentioned that Middlesbrough's had a huge increase as well. then when someone commented I said I'd do all the teams, and I did. So the last post, and the one that got most people yappering on, was the one where I split the regions and did all the teams:

EC106

Oh dear. not a single squad has doubled their value' date=' although Palermo have come close with a 96.06% increase. On the whole they have just scraped past a 60% increase. And over a third of the combined increased value can be attributed to Palermo.[/b']

Highest increase in value - Palermo 143.8m

Highest increase in % - Palermo 96.06

Lowest increase in value - Bologna 42.9m

Lowest increase in % - Bologna 33.31

EC5579

Unlike 106, do have a team that has doubled in value in Real Betis, a side that have also managed to add £100mil to their value. on the whole they haven't fared much better than 106, managing just 32mil more of an increase than their older cousin

Highest increase in value - Villareal 112.2m

Highest increase in % - Real Betis 100.75

Lowest increase in value - Levante 50.9mil

Lowest increase in % - Getafe 40.78

EC7046

Well, finally a region that's done something. As with most aspects of 7046 success, young Mr Latouche has gained the most with over 160mil added to the value of his Everton side. But they weren't the only success, with 3 sides over doubling their values. However the managerial merry go round at Aston Villa seems to have affected them with the lowest percentage value increase in the region by over 13%.

Highest increase in value - Everton £161.1mil

Highest increase in % - Newcastle United 114.67%

Lowest increase in value - Middlesbrough 96.5m

Lowest increase in % - Aston Villa 68.17

EC7345

Ze Germans were heavily criticized for the transfer policy that saw them make moves for some of the worlds finest players first, without apparently getting any structure to the teams. but the figures show a different story. Overall the combined value of the nation has over doubled, the only region to do so, with Hertha Berlin setting standards no-one else in the gameworld has touched...yet!

Highest increase in value - Hertha BSC 167.7m

Highest increase in % - Hertha BSC 197.99

Lowest increase in value - 1.FC Nurnberg 92.6m

Lowest increase in % - 1.FC Nurnberg 84.88

Overall

It doesn't take long to see the huge impact made by 7345 in the market, with 7046 trying to give them a run for their money of late. the other 2 however are hundreds of millions behind, and face a long, hard task to try and catch up

Clubs

Highest increase in value - Hertha BSC 167.7m

Highest increase in % - Hertha BSC 197.99

Lowest increase in value - Bologna 42.9m

Lowest increase in % - Bologna 33.31

Nations

Highest increase in value - EC7345 663.4m

Highest increase in % - EC7345 102.11

Lowest increase in value - EC106 397.2m

Lowest increase in % - EC106 61.5

nationsbits1.jpg

144x.gif

Another few signings in at Newcastle all will rise :

ILLARRAMENDI, Asier -Sociedad Youngster ,played at u17/u19 and is now member of Spains U21 squad.

BARRADA, Abdelaziz-Played 10 games so far for Getafe this season since moving up from the reserves, the wee moroccan should get a decent rise.

BOAKYE, Richmond -Genoa player 6 goals in 12 games on loan at sassulo (being tracked by Man United supposedly)

ABDENNOUR, Aymen -Tunisian Left back playing fro NT and played 11 times this season already for Tolouse should get a decent rise also.

I mentioned that mine had doubled' date=' and in the same post mentioned that Middlesbrough's had a huge increase as well. then when someone commented I said I'd do all the teams, and I did. So the last post, and the one that got most people yappering on, was the one where I split the regions and did all the teams:[/quote']

Through the silence you could hear you searching through thread for past posts to show this, and good stuff it was - and still is - too! :)

Nowhere at the time though was it mentioned that because of the team nature in 4N individual gains are hard to track and therefore essentially irrelevant given how players can be passed back and forth with impunity.

It takes nothing away from the hard work put into finding risers, but really just dilutes the meaning behind the individual gains of a particular team as it's hard to tell from which route team's gained their value.

I take it that those figures didn't include the loans in & out at the beginning either? That too warps things to a degree...

Guest drseanfitz

I take it that those figures didn't include the loans in & out at the beginning either? That too warps things to a degree...

that is an impossible figure to get' date=' as even if you added on the values of the players at the loaned out clubs, there value would switch immediatly on return to their parent club, as the value on a loan player is related to the club they are at, not their parent clubs.

Nowhere at the time though was it mentioned that because of the team nature in 4N individual gains are hard to track and therefore essentially irrelevant given how players can be passed back and forth with impunity. .

doesn't the combined team values on the chart cover this????? do I really need to explain how the set up works with every post?

and FYI since I last did the figure in early September, no fewer than 11 teams have had a DROP in squad value

EDIT: and it should be made clear that I have NEVER claimed that these figures mean anything.