The 4 Nation Challenge

Stuart H

The 4 Nation Challenge  

1. 1.

• I am leaving at the end of the season
    • I am sticking around
    • I am sticking around AND will try to help fill the setup

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge

Ergh' date=' you've got to be kidding me! How annoying, we lose 2-0 to Lenny and fall out of the top 4 which we've occupied for the majority of the season :(

Congrats to Lenny and Mo, [b']and a big thumps up to Dale too, a cracking result :)[/b]

Friggin' get in there! I have had some really bad results and joining halfway through the season isn't easy so I thought that I'd really go for it tonight and a 6-2 victory over Leverkusen rewarded me with it especially after losing 5-0 to Palermo last week. :)

I finished 17th :o Apologies, to anyone in 5579 I will try my hardest for the upcoming season now I have a full season for myself to try out.

Guest drseanfitz

Hats off to 7345 for a fantastic season. Well organised and efficient' date=' as you'd expect from the Germans. Definitely the team to beat next season, well done lads.[/quote']

cheers Jooles, been a topsy turvy battle this season.

Next up shack in the smfa final, that'll be a tough 'un

cheers Jooles' date=' been a topsy turvy battle this season.

Next up shack in the smfa final, that'll be a tough 'un[/quote']

Yep, you lot came good just when it mattered whereas 7046 seemed to fade rather than finish with a flourish. Annoying to lose to 4 Nations title but a good incentive to step it up next season B)

Extremely unhappy at the moment to lose second spot.

Some tough decisions will have to be made.

Well done stu :)

It paid off though with Bolton's 3 points getting them up into 4th. Bit harsh on Jenks but the 4 Nations is tough! :D So' date=' scores and apologies for the Christmas delay...

[center']Turn 37

106: 8 - 4 = 4 x 1 win vs rivals = 4 points

5579: 6 - 7 = -1 x 1 loss vs rivals = -1 point

7046: 12 - 8 = 4 x 1 win vs rivals = 4 points

7345: 3 - 10 = -7 x 2 losses vs rivals = -14 points

Turn 38

106: 6 - 6 = 0 points

5579: 13 - 11 = 2 x 2 wins vs rivals = 4 points

7046: 5 - 7 = -2 x 1 loss vs rivals = -2 points

7345: 8 - 8 = 0 points

Final Position Points

106: 7th + 10th + 18th + 19th + 20th = -18 points

5579: 5th + 8th + 9th + 16th + 17th = 36 points

7046: 3rd + 4th + 11th + 12th + 15th = 58 points

7345: 1st + 2nd + 6th + 13th + 14th = 88 points

Overall

106: -326 points

5579: 134 points

7046: 308 points

7345: 354 points

4natse.jpg

GERMANY WIN!

mom_g_germany_576.jpg

... and start celebrating :)

oktoberfest-girls.jpg

Bottoms up! :D[/center]

Well I don't feel too bad now that I can see the numbers. I was supposed to give the game to Dom, but somehow my 80-rated side decided to break the rules and beat his 92-rated side :P

And now we'll have two sides in the SMFA Cup next season instead of one in the Shield and one in the Cup (I don't know if that makes a difference points-wise).

Happy with the way the season ended for Bolton, hopefully with less managerial confusion and better results overall we'll be more successful as a team and reclaim our title next season :)

Congrats Germans, enjoy yall's title.

Guest drseanfitz

And now we'll have two sides in the SMFA Cup next season instead of one in the Shield and one in the Cup (I don't know if that makes a difference points-wise).

no difference point wise, but think it makes a difference money wise.

and Stuart - does that score total include our 100% guaranteed SMFA shield points - may have some SMFA cup points as well if Neil does the business

no difference point wise' date=' but think it makes a difference money wise.

and Stuart - does that score total include our 100% guaranteed SMFA shield points - may have some SMFA cup points as well if Neil does the business[/quote']

And the top team scorer points too :o

Not sure about the points difference though, isn't a bigger leap in points from 5th to 4th than the drop from 2nd to 3rd? I could be wrong...

no difference point wise' date=' but think it makes a difference money wise.

and Stuart - does that score total include our 100% guaranteed SMFA shield points - may have some SMFA cup points as well if Neil does the business[/quote']

3rd and 4th get more points than 2nd and 5th so it paid off. Fortunate that Jenks lost though!

The totals don't include the SMFA points but given that we're ahead already, they aren't really important. Also realised I haven't included Mo's Super Cup win as it's technically an SMFA competition. This wouldn't affect the standings at all and I personally don't feel points should be given for it as the SMFA comps are largely against external sides. Up for discussion though but I repeat, it does not change this season's standings.

There aren't any top scorer points as I think we abandoned them after the first season.

Guest drseanfitz

The totals don't include the SMFA points but given that we're ahead already' date=' they aren't really important. Also realised I haven't included Mo's Super Cup win as it's technically an SMFA competition. This wouldn't affect the standings at all and I personally don't feel points should be given for it as the SMFA comps are largely against external sides. Up for discussion though but I repeat, it does not change this season's standings.

[/quote']

each SMFA competition does have an element of human control, and is a reward for doing well the previous seeason, so I think they SMFA points should stay personally.

and feeling mischievous today, bidding on a few players just for the sake of it:p

I'm not doing two tables each turn as that would demean the actual competition IMO over the full season which is what counts.

I'll happily put one up at the end of the season though :)

This was with regard to a little table of the scores since the new managers came in. The post was made on the 21st of November which I make out to be the results from Turn 27 onwards. Not including the position points' date=' this mini period gets [b']106[/b] -8 points, 5579 on -9, 7046 get 12 and 7345 -3. Whilst I don't think too much should be read into the scores, what can be taken is that it's exceptionally close and bodes well for a much closer tournament next season. The graph shows this even better:

4natsexample.jpg

Talking about next season, do people want any rule/scoring changes? IIRC, the last time this was discussed, we decided to drop the economy level down one to strong (the standard level) but I can't recall any other decided changes. So what are people's thoughts? I'd like to keep the main scoring system and think it works well but I'm open to tweaking position and cup points.

congrats on the win Zak and congrats on the Germany win lads you deserved it.

Thanks bud.

This was with regard to a little table of the scores since the new managers came in. The post was made on the 21st of November which I make out to be the results from Turn 27 onwards. Not including the position points' date=' this mini period gets [b']106[/b] -8 points, 5579 on -9, 7046 get 12 and 7345 -3. Whilst I don't think too much should be read into the scores, what can be taken is that it's exceptionally close and bodes well for a much closer tournament next season. The graph shows this even better:

4natsexample.jpg

Talking about next season, do people want any rule/scoring changes? IIRC, the last time this was discussed, we decided to drop the economy level down one to strong (the standard level) but I can't recall any other decided changes. So what are people's thoughts? I'd like to keep the main scoring system and think it works well but I'm open to tweaking position and cup points.

Great season everyone ... Proof that 106 have what it takes; I'll be pushing for some big results next season, done poorly so far, despite the 7th place finish.

As for the points I don't see a thing to change. You've done a great job all season updating the scores etc.

Guest drseanfitz

Oh I'm well aware :rolleyes:

you beat me to matip(hence my withdrawal)' date=' but I think I've got Fryers:cool:

and betis beat me to handanovic, but no big loss there

[center']--------------------------------------------------

FORUMERS WORLD CUP

QF 1 EdMoses vs drseanfitz

QF 2 Froz3n vs Lensois

QF 3 Stuart H vs BenNewman

QF 4 Elohim vs Phil (GT)[/center]

you beat me to matip(hence my withdrawal)' date=' but I think I've got Fryers:cool:

and betis beat me to handanovic, but no big loss there[/quote']

good enough for me, I don't expect Fryers to break through anytime soon. Also happy with the fact that I only had to go 1 mil above CV to beat you on Matip.

Guest drseanfitz

good enough for me' date=' I don't expect Fryers to break through anytime soon. Also happy with the fact that I only had to go 1 mil above CV to beat you on Matip.[/quote']

I'd only gone about 500k above CV for Matip(heavy in the midfield area at the moment)

by the way congrats on the 4-0 whooping you gave me the other week

I'd only gone about 500k above CV for Matip(heavy in the midfield area at the moment)

by the way congrats on the 4-0 whooping you gave me the other week

Thanks. I started off this season really well and finished it really well as well. Hopefully next season I'll be able to get the middle part done well as well :P