The 4 Nation Challenge

Stuart H

The 4 Nation Challenge  

1. 1.

• I am leaving at the end of the season
    • I am sticking around
    • I am sticking around AND will try to help fill the setup

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge

maybe talking out of turn here but......

This gameworld seems to be on its knees at the moment

2 unmanaged teams and never any score updates

The whole point of this gameworld was "TEAM" based so the overall points are important......

I'm not bothered if I win to boost my ego.......If the rest of the team lose then its a downer for me

Please tell me whats happening .........Are we in.......or are we folding ?

I mentioned ages ago, someone has to step up and take over scoring. My computer has problems, meaning I can't do it.

Had to drop out lads as I just don't have the time for the game like I used to after starting a new job. :o

Thanks for having me.....wish I could have stayed for longer

Good luck to the mighty 7046

won't be on much, but may drop in every now and again ;)

Regards Gary

With GaryMack quitting, I'm probably going to quit pretty soon as well. I have a bug in my computer that prevents me from updating the excel spreadsheet, and I announced this practically 2 months ago, and yet no one has stepped forward to take up the scorekeeper duty. In truth, as this setups starter, that duty should return to Stuart H, but I haven't seen him round these parts in ages.

Almost all custom setups eventually meet a season 3-5 ending, and we've done well to make it this far. Was good while it lasted.

Hi guys

I have quit Betis. It's been fun, but I simply don't have the time to be involved in an "active" set-up; new responsibilities both in my personal and professional life.

Take care and good luck. I'm keeping my forum account and will be dropping in from time to time.

Best regards Marty/Jinx

Hows this place getting on now? Still 100% full? How are 5579 and Villarreal getting on?

Betis could be a way in for you, mate.

Guest drseanfitz

ok, I'm willing to put the effort into sorting the scores IF we can get this place going again.

need to fill spaces and get people posting again.

would also suggest that we scrap the specific leagues behind each nation and bring in anyone as a new manager. we'd still have the inter-nation competition. ANY THOUGHTS

also - stuffed Dom 4-0 at his place

ok' date=' I'm willing to put the effort into sorting the scores IF we can get this place going again.

need to fill spaces and get people posting again.

would also suggest that we scrap the specific leagues behind each nation and bring in anyone as a new manager. we'd still have the inter-nation competition. ANY THOUGHTS

also - stuffed Dom 4-0 at his place[/quote']

Totally agree......The sun is going down fast in here

Returned after 15 months out. This time im at Real Betis.

The market is DEAD. No deals have been for 4 turns at all.

With that in mind ive listed Palacio, Gourcuff, Thiago, van der Wiel, Ansaldi, Khedira, Inler, Gonalons and Debuchy in the hope that this will spark some activity.

Hopefully the addition of some new managers will do the same.

Guest drseanfitz

With that in mind ive listed Palacio' date=' Gourcuff, Thiago, van der Wiel, Ansaldi, Khedira, Inler, Gonalons and Debuchy in the hope that this will spark some activity.

Hopefully the addition of some new managers will do the same.

welcome back. hertha are interested in the 2 highlighted

With that in mind ive listed Palacio' date=' Gourcuff, Thiago, van der Wiel, Ansaldi, Khedira, Inler, Gonalons and Debuchy in the hope that this will spark some activity.

Hopefully the addition of some new managers will do the same.[/quote']

Doesn't help that I'm millions in debt.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that Ive got my exams out of the way, I can suggest a rescue for the 4 Nations Challenge.

I personally have never understood this complex points system, so I've just played to win all the time. What I suggest is to simply add up 'nations' points either turn by turn or periodically. It still captures the team aspect of this setup, as it requires each member of the 4 man team to contribute, e.g. if one nation has one awesome team and three mediocre teams, they are less likely to win overall against a nation where each team is consistently good. If this was implemented, I would be prepared to step in and take care of the scoring updates.

My second change I've kept separate as it's quite controversial. After each season (or every two) the contributing managers vote for whether managers are reassigned clubs, to keep the setup both fresh and challenging. Should the overwhelming majority vote for change, each manager leaves their club and is randomly reassigned to another club from their nation.

What's guys opinions on this? I really want this setup to thrive as I'm one of the new guys and I'm getting tired of setups dying on their feet. At least this setup has the opportunity for rescue where English Championships do not.

Now that Ive got my exams out of the way' date=' I can suggest a rescue for the 4 Nations Challenge.

I personally have never understood this complex points system, so I've just played to win all the time. What I suggest is to simply add up 'nations' points either turn by turn or periodically. It still captures the team aspect of this setup, as it requires each member of the 4 man team to contribute, e.g. if one nation has one awesome team and three mediocre teams, they are less likely to win overall against a nation where each team is consistently good. If this was implemented, I would be prepared to step in and take care of the scoring updates.

My second change I've kept separate as it's quite controversial. After each season (or every two) the contributing managers vote for whether managers are reassigned clubs, to keep the setup both fresh and challenging. Should the overwhelming majority vote for change, each manager leaves their club and is randomly reassigned to another club from their nation.

What's guys opinions on this? I really want this setup to thrive as I'm one of the new guys and I'm getting tired of setups dying on their feet. At least this setup has the opportunity for rescue where English Championships do not.[/quote']

I don't really understand what you mean by

simply add up 'nations' points either turn by turn or periodically.

but then again i feel even with the new scoring system the main point is to keep updating scores for every nations so people don't get bored waiting for update

I like your second idea more honestly, just thought it's something unique that never implemented before and we need something like that to waken up this GW

I don't really understand what you mean by

but then again i feel even with the new scoring system the main point is to keep updating scores for every nations so people don't get bored waiting for update

I like your second idea more honestly' date=' just thought it's something unique that never implemented before and we need something like that to waken up this GW[/quote']

Gonna use an example from the table so far.

Italy (Genoa + Lecce + Cagliari + Palermo + Bologna) = 32+22+21+18+10 = 103

Germany (Leverkusen + Hamburg + Hertha Berlin + Nuremberg + Moenchengladbach) = 48+38+32+31+28 = 177

England (Bolton + Villa + Boro + Newcastle + Everton) = 39+33+31+26+25 = 154

Spain (Villarreal + Betis + Espanyol + Levante + Getafe) = 36+33+30+25+24 = 148

So by that system, Germany lead, England are in second, Spain a close third and Italy 4th. No complicated maths involved, just addition.

Also, I agree with Sean that the setup v setup aspect be removed and just have it nation v nation. That way, the setup should remain full.

Nice to see that Burrow has faith in the setup' date=' more of us should as it is a cracker.

Also, nice to see Germany doing well, even more so to see me 10 points clear at the top :)[/quote']

What's your thoughts on what I've suggested? Open to ideas from everyone, after all this is a more close-knit setup than some others.

Guest drseanfitz

I think it's great that people are looking for the future here. but in all honesty, before we even consider making changes to the scoring etc, we need to get the number of members back up. we currently sit at just 55%

Guest drseanfitz

sean fitzpatrick steered Hertha BSC to victory against Levante.

Hertha BSC beat Levante 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Emanuelson scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Totti was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Guest drseanfitz

sorry lads, developed a huge hatred for SM these past few days, will have scrapped over half my teams by the time you read this, taking a step back, see if I wanna keep playing or not.

there was a time when this would have been the last team I left, but not so anymore

Thanks to everyone who's played a part in here