Welbeck vs Sturridge

AlexHSafc

Welbeck vs Sturridge  

1. 1.

• Danny Welbeck
    • Daniel Sturridge

Re: Welbeck vs Sturridge

Gone for Sturridge was a tough choice though.

I am a Preston fan so got the opportunity to see WELBECK first hand last season and whilst at times he showed some genuine quality and looked way above his station at other times he just lumbered round the pitch like he was better than everyone else and he had no impact on things.

I have always liked Sturridge but feel he needs a move away from Chelsea to fulfill his true potential. He has displayed at Bolton he can be a deadly finisher and has plenty of pace. I reckon he has a decent shot at an England call up some time in the future should he maintain his current form.

Re: Welbeck vs Sturridge

Gone for Sturridge was a tough choice though.

I am a Preston fan so got the opportunity to see him first hand last season and whilst at times he showed some genuine quality and looked way above his station at other times he just lumbered round the pitch like he was better than everyone else and he had no impact on things.

I have always liked Sturridge but feel he needs a move away from Chelsea to fulfill his true potential. He has displayed at Bolton he can be a deadly finisher and has plenty of pace. I reckon he has a decent shot at an England call up some time in the future should he maintain his current form.

Yeh agree completely, Welbeck got my vote as this season for me as a Sunderland fan he has been great and quite consistent. He may have felt like he was too good because the league was poor for him but he certainly doesnt look out of the premier league depth, he has pace, skill, strength and good finishing. He works hard for the team especially and deserves to be on Capello's radar. Sturridge does need more games so therefore I beleive I need more proof of his being a constant goalscoring threat.