England Squad for matches vs Wales and Ghana

AlexHSafc

Ben Foster, Robert Green, Joe Hart; Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Joleon Lescott, John Terry, Kyle Walker; Gareth Barry, Stewart Downing, Matthew Jarvis, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Jack Wilshere, Ashley Young; Darren Bent, Andy Carroll, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney.

Any Suprises , Who Should be in instead who Shouldnt be in?

Re: England Squad for matches vs Wales and Ghana

I despise John Terry and he is so slow but he is a good leader and still our best defender, assuming Ferdinand will never be fully match fit.

However I can't understand how Gareth Barry continues to play for England when you have promising youngsters like Huddlestone, Cattermole and in particular Jack Rodwell impressing in the Premiership. I don't care how Barry plays for Man City - for England he is a joke.

And I know it'll never happen, but I look forward to the day Rooney is dropped. :( Utter disgrace as a person and when it comes to England - as a player. Crouch/Carroll and Bent/Defoe is the way to go. Rooney is just an over-rated waste of space.

And it's great to see Jarvis being given a chance.

I agree with Seftinho that Rooney should be dropped he occasionally does the one good thing for England and I think he only gets in the team because its "Wayne Rooney" (over-rated aswell).

I think Baines should be given a chance to play aswell, he's brilliant for Everton. I would like to see Micah Richards playing for the England first team soon aswell.

I agree with Seftinho that Rooney should be dropped he occasionally does the one good thing for England and I think he only gets in the team because its "Wayne Rooney" (over-rated aswell).

I think Baines should be given a chance to play aswell' date=' he's brilliant for Everton. I would like to see Micah Richards playing for the England first team soon aswell.[/quote']

Its because of who he plays for and his past, everyone knows the ability is there when he can be bothered. He has never really shone in an England jersey I agree we need a change try Little and Large or Target man and Finisher type ideas

I despise John Terry and he is so slow but he is a good leader and still our best defender' date=' assuming Ferdinand will never be fully match fit.

However I can't understand how Gareth Barry continues to play for England when you have promising youngsters like Huddlestone, Cattermole and in particular Jack Rodwell impressing in the Premiership. I don't care how Barry plays for Man City - for England he is a joke.

And I know it'll never happen, but I look forward to the day Rooney is dropped. :( Utter disgrace as a person and when it comes to England - as a player. Crouch/Carroll and Bent/Defoe is the way to go. Rooney is just an over-rated waste of space.

And it's great to see Jarvis being given a chance.[/quote']

Terry and Ferdinand are too similar for their clubs they sit back and let Ivanovic-Luiz/Vidic do the blocking so England have two centre backs which do the same job i personally would give Gary Cahill a chance. And yeh good luck to Jarvis seems levelheaded and good to see a team near the bottom of the Prem League getting a player in, atleast Capello is choosing outside the top 6 bar the normal players e.g Baines, Bent etc.

Terry and Ferdinand are too similar for their clubs they sit back and let Ivanovic-Luiz/Vidic do the blocking so England have two centre backs which do the same job i personally would give Gary Cahill a chance. And yeh good luck to Jarvis seems levelheaded and good to see a team near the bottom of the Prem League getting a player in' date=' atleast Capello is choosing outside the top 6 bar the normal players e.g Baines, Bent etc.[/quote']

No they aren't and the stats don't back that claim up either. Terry has more blocks per game than Luiz since he's come in and had more than Ivanovic (and Bruma in his start) throughout January before Luiz's arrival. I would check back further but it's boring enough to make me want to claw my eyes out. My point is that on paper Terry and Ferdinand are a good combination, they excel at different things. That it hasn't worked and should be changed is a valid argument, but that they're too similar in style, especially using the example you did, is not.

No they aren't and the stats don't back that claim up either. Terry has more blocks per game than Luiz since he's come in and had more than Ivanovic (and Bruma in his start) throughout January before Luiz's arrival. I would check back further but it's boring enough to make me want to claw my eyes out. My point is that on paper Terry and Ferdinand are a good combination' date=' they excel at different things. That it hasn't worked and should be changed is a valid argument, but that they're too similar in style, especially using the example you did, is not.[/quote']

Yeh mate stats don't prove Everything and it's my opinion this season for example Kevin Nolan or Darren bent have scored more goals than Rooney in the prem league they won't start for England every game Rooney will

Well actually in this case the stats do prove something quite tangible. That Terry tends to make a successful block more often than the person he plays alongside. I don't really know what point you're trying to make in the second half of your post given that I wasn't suggesting either should play based on the stat, just that your original declaration that they're too similar as they both sit back and allow their partners to do the blocking was incorrect.

Bale out of the England Wales game....

I suspect that it will affect the Wales players more knowing he is out of this game rather than him not playing. He is the best player for Wales and most of the fans/players would be relying on him if they were to win. It has to be a big blow being without him. It would still be silly to write them off because they have enough to win if they want enough. I am just glad he isn't playing against Glen Johnson!