Constant Blocking of transfers by SMFA

Toonfanforlife

Constant Blocking of transfers by SMFA  

1. 1.

Why has there been more blocking of transfers recently? I can hardly do a deal now in setups entering a new season without the SMFA blocking a deal in all honesty and it's doing my bloody head in.

I know I'll probably get the response of the system won't change etc etc,but why can't you tell us what price we have to bid to sign the player without SMFA intervention? you surely know what deals your going to block so why don't you try and help more deals been done by telling us what price we have to bid? I'd rather this than a system that is blocking perfectly good deals and letting stupidly bad deals go through the same system.

Re: Constant Blocking of transfers by SMFA

Agreed.

But I think SM is trying to save in costs by having less people whinge about illegal transfers (less tickets, less labor time needed).

The downside is that we the players pay for the fact that SM needs to make more money.

I think someone needs to explain to SM buying a player fro CV isn't cheating - or they need to raise the CV price if they are going to think it is' date=' as whats the point of a CV price (which is the minium amount someone can buy a player for without cheating)[/quote']

I know mate:o,I don't see the point of the system as obviously getting a player for C/V looks bad,but in return someone else was getting a player for C/V as well,they clearly wouldn't know about the second part so what's the point of the system? I remember when I first played the game and kept getting ripped off and it's the way I learnt the game and worked out how the transfers worked, there's already an increased CV for new managers and all this system does is hinder and not help transfers.

They get blocked if you try to do a cash deal straight after another transfer has completed.

If it's a swap deal, then another player for cash after, it will work if you do the cash part first.

I think the only way to do 2 players for CV, would be to do the first one, wait a month or 2 and then do the 2nd part. I've done that before but only the once so I'm not 100% sure that it would work

Stupid way of doing it really, would be easier to actually have a way of reporting it if someone was cheating

I have noticed an increase of these instances in the last month or so, quite dramatically if I might add. Never had such a problem before, but I have been restricted by the SMFA a couple of times recently, as well as spotting countless others experience similar problems.

general grumblings about the way SM deal with cheating are becoming increasingly common. i hope they do something about it.

so far they remain silent on it because they don't want to answer to peoples problems.

what a surprise.

hate to be the negative guy but seriously, when was the last time SM came on the forum to actually discuss how we can improve cheat prevention.

they dont seem to care.

i feel sorry for at those who actually pay for this service.

But in what way do you think they can improve the system? Why does the system block CV bids sometimes or bids which are higher than CV but below the max that can be payed? Surely I think SM should make it so that definitely bids which meet requirements should be allowed to go through. I remember when I bidded 10 million higher than Nanis CV but for some reason it said it wouldnt allow it as I was paying too high, which is seriously stupid because once I payed 7 Million over CV it was allowed but the other manager cancelled because he wanted me to pay 10Million over at least.

1. Nani was going to rise, I knew this.

2. 10 Million, it was my choice and I thought it was fair because the other manager agreed to it, obviously now he must be so happy because he mustve had no knowledge that Nani would rise.

That is screwed because it said I was paying too high for a player that was going to rise, surely when Nani increased it wouldve made up for what the system thought was a high bid.

SMFA monitoring transfers should be completely abolished. The chairman flags up bids that are too low/high so there's no problem of cheating in that respect. Let the community report cheating as they have to do anyway seeing as cheating still happens. Increasing the rigidity of the monitoring might stop a few more cheats but it's stopping far far more legitimate deals go through. It is a completely pointless feature.

SMFA monitoring transfers should be completely abolished. The chairman flags up bids that are too low/high so there's no problem of cheating in that respect. Let the community report cheating as they have to do anyway seeing as cheating still happens. Increasing the rigidity of the monitoring might stop a few more cheats but it's stopping far far more legitimate deals go through. It is a completely pointless feature.

agreed however one thing:

amounts bid should NOT be blocked. as you said it is a useless feature and the community are so much better at the job.

actually investigating it is the way forward. along with firmer punishments, not just reversal of transfers....especially multiple times.

one thing that must stay is the prevention of even doing deals if you have the same IP adress. this feature is present currently and should stay, as people using the same computer obviously are more likely to be cheating. or should i say 1 person, 2 accounts.

that feauture should stay.

They get blocked if you try to do a cash deal straight after another transfer has completed.

Thats not true' date=' ive had deals stopped when ive gone to accept a bid from a manager ive never delt with (BCFC George being a good example) which in that case led me to leave the team.. also had a deal blocked as recently as in the last few hours and have never delt with the manager before

SM have put the limits (C/V Min & Max value's) so why cant we deal whatever is classed between these guidelines then rely on us to report anything that looks suspicious ?[/center']

one thing that must stay is the prevention of even doing deals if you have the same IP adress. this feature is present currently and should stay' date=' as people using the same computer obviously are more likely to be cheating. or should i say 1 person, 2 accounts.

that feauture should stay.[/quote']

True. Does the SMFA just prevent accepting bids if people have the same ip adress or does it lead to ban? If you and a friend use the same internet cafè computer for example. Because it's impossible to prevent friends from doing deals with eachother. It's probably very common.

I just got mugged off big time by the great 'Automated Transfer Monitoring System'. I swapped my Pepe (93) for Sunderland's Chiellini (94) with the agreement that I would sell him Casillas (95) for CV and get Buffon (94) in return. Everyone will have their personal favourite but all in all a 95 and a 93 for two 94s seems fair to me.

So he's got Pepe and Casillas, I have Chiellini and put in a bid for Buffon and guess what, SMFA's Einstein ATMS blocks the deal! Just to rub salt in the wound my next game by coincidence is against Sunderland, all of my players score 7 or higher apart from my former reserve now first-choice goalkeeper who gets a 5 and I lose 4-1! Blooming fantanstic, you just can't make this stuff up!

I tried every kind of deal possible but transfers between our two teams are now blocked and there aren't any other decent keepers available in the set-up. And this is a system to make transfers fair? Have sent a ticket but apparently this isn't a bug and the ATMS never blocks transfers without a reason so they're not going to do anything about it.

ATMS is causing more harm than good, and despite countless complaints to SM they maintain an "ignorance is bliss" approach to the problems we have.

Here's a suggestion SM. If you're getting numerous complaints about something, fix it. Don't just take away all methods of compalining. It's like you're sticking your fingers in your ears and singing "la la la" until the problem magically goes away.

The levels of customer service by these people are beyond a joke and I for one will not be renewing my Gold Membership.

"The world's best online football manager game" should allow people to make transfers without some poorly-programmed automated system blocking it without providing a reason.

This site has gone downhill very fast over the last 6 months, but the staff are more bothered about lining their pockets with Gold Member money than actually making the game better.

Disgraceful.

What Jose said.

SM have gone from a company that had a decent product to having a flawed product full of cheats that they can't be bothered to deal with and hide behind a possibly fictitious monitoring system as a get out clause for their inactivity. Furthermore they just don't even bother speaking to their customers when things are raised.

My gold membership will not be being renewed that's for certain, but until people vote with their wallets in large enough numbers, I'm afraid we'll continue to get the same old toss that we've had for months from a company that is harder to contact than MI6.

Usually the same people who moan and slate SM continue to renew GM

Put up, or shut up... so to speak.

There issues with the game, but i swear a large amount of people on this forum constantly slate the game yet they are always on :confused:

Maybe instead of generally slating the system, suggest structured alternatives ( as some have ).

Put up' date=' or shut up... so to speak.

There issues with the game, but i swear a large amount of people on this forum constantly slate the game yet they are always on :confused:

Maybe instead of generally slating the system, suggest structured alternatives ( as some have ).[/quote']

The main problem for me is that SM created CV to be the lowest price someone could buy a player for without cheating - but instead of keeping to this SM have chose to instead hyperinflate the market by now making this lowest non cheating price into one that could be stigmatised with cheating.

The main problem for me is that SM created CV to be the lowest price someone could buy a player for without cheating - but instead of keeping to this SM have chose to instead hyperinflate the market by now making this lowest non cheating price into one that could be stigmatised with cheating.

I understand that in fairness and agree, and my post was aimed generically towards threads ( not the creators ) which are just full of people moaning.

Maybe instead of generally slating the system, suggest structured alternatives ( as some have ).[/quote']

Never been a GM myself.

So whats wrong with 'slating' the game, whilst continuing to play it? :confused: People 'slate' their countries yet continue to live there. People 'slate' their team yet continue to support them.

People have contacted SM about it, offering their suggestions YET nothing happens. Its pointless. SM's customer service is so poor, really is. I do wonder where they get their staff from.

The SMFA is taking away a large amount of pleasure from the game. Not enough to stop me playing (yet), but a large amount.

Never been a GM myself.

So whats wrong with 'slating' the game' date=' whilst continuing to play it? :confused: People 'slate' their countries yet continue to live there. People 'slate' their team yet continue to support them.

People have contacted SM about it, offering their suggestions YET nothing happens. Its pointless. SM's customer service is so poor, really is. I do wonder where they get their staff from.

The SMFA is taking away a large amount of pleasure from the game. Not enough to stop me playing (yet), but a large amount.[/quote']

The question is what is right with slating the game?

Does it result in anything positive? Do you gain from doing it?

No.

Most posts on threads regarding issues within the game are full of useless pap, people repeating the previous posts in their own words. Wow how very insightful .........

Are you really using that as a example? If you hate the country you live in, unless you are in a position to do so, you cant leave, with the various financial and social implications.

SM if you dont like it, you dont log onto a website which you play for free :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: use a different game..... how on earth is that the same principal.

If your telling me slating your team is the same as moaning about this game, then we will have to agree to disagree, again, the majority of people wont switch teams, if your unhappy with how your team is doing, you say so but you dont switch because you feel you cant. SM isnt like that, you can leave whenever.

Its like buying pro evo, slowly not liking it and slating it...... buy FIFA then. :rolleyes:Thats a relevant example.

I have never said SM doesnt have issues. NEVER , nor that people havent contacted SM, my point is that 99% of threads regarding in game issues contain people running there mouth, and i dont doubt that a large % of people who do contact SM just run their mouth.

Its boring to read, it lacks substance, its pointless.

Unless people have a way in which you think the game could be developed, pipe down.

SM is a growing company and issues will arise, especially with customer interaction which i agree isnt up to scratch but what does posting " SMs customer service is pap" achieve..... :rolleyes:

Dont over exaggerate, large proportion of the enjoyment? If it was so significant you would of left... but guess what, you and god knows how many other people continue to come back. Why ? im unsure maybe you just like a moan.

I actually havent experienced an increase in the problem discussed in this thread, so i cant comment specifically.

Half the suggestions on here are half baked ideas that dont take into consideration the wider impacts of the proposed idea, are SM supposed to answer and reply to each one of these ideas thought up by some random 14 year old kid?

Make structured points and have a open debate about the issue and maybe SM will take note. They have other things on their plate too.

True. Does the SMFA just prevent accepting bids if people have the same ip adress or does it lead to ban? If you and a friend use the same internet cafè computer for example. Because it's impossible to prevent friends from doing deals with eachother. It's probably very common.

i think it leads to a ban / prevention of transfers.

not a ban as reduced rep' date=' just an inability to do transfers.[/color']

ATMS is causing more harm than good' date=' and despite countless complaints to SM they maintain an "ignorance is bliss" approach to the problems we have.

Here's a suggestion SM. If you're getting numerous complaints about something, fix it. Don't just take away all methods of compalining. It's like you're sticking your fingers in your ears and singing "la la la" until the problem magically goes away.

The levels of customer service by these people are beyond a joke and I for one will not be renewing my Gold Membership.

"The world's best online football manager game" should allow people to make transfers without some poorly-programmed automated system blocking it without providing a reason.

This site has gone downhill very fast over the last 6 months, but the staff are more bothered about lining their pockets with Gold Member money than actually making the game better.

Disgraceful.[/quote']

i agree with this sadly.

@adamski and many of your other posts i wont quote.

you are right, saying sm is rubbish (end of post) is not constructive.

i am more than willing to not just complain, but offer reasoned ways to improve the game. i dont moan because i like it, i want something to be done.

the game is a brilliant one of they fix things like this.

i think you were saying people like are just plain annoying moaning?

i agree with what you are saying totally.

but people who critcise with a view to improve the game is surely a good thing, right?

thats all im trying to do. im frustrated because i feel customer service has droppde drastically, and it is ruining what used to be, and could be a fantastic game. im not asking for anything other than reasoned debate.

surely discussions with senior members to improve the most important part of the game is not too much to ask for?

Didn't really want to get into this as we all know what the result of the poll is going to be obvious :) . But should probably justify my yes.

The suggestion that cheating is rife in SM due to the existence of the SMFA is preposterous. While most would readily accept that the ability to report cheating has been compromised somewhat by recent changes and some may be getting away with it, cheating would be 100-fold more if the SMFA wasn't there. The problem in this instance is the reporting system not the SMFA. Removing the SMFA will mean 100 times more reports of cheating in an already stretched reporting system and the problem will just intensify.

The only really excellent point (in my opinion) I've seen on here, is Simon's point on chairman values (which others have then re-iterated). If a CV bid is not going to be enough to satisfy the SMFA then it should be raised to a level that would be acceptable. Such a proposal would, however, maen that all CVs will have to be increased (especially at the top end) and this would then result in the prices being paid for external transfers also increasing. Most I guess would be against this, but I don't necessarily see it as a negative.

The fact is that the SMFA I guess stops 1000s of cheating transfers every week, be it multiple accounts, 'mates rates' etc etc. The place it perhaps falls down is mainly on multi-transfers where several players are switching from one team to the other and vice versa. Be these single transfers or three separate transactions. SM should be happy to entertain helpful suggestions to tackle this issue and I'm sure they are contrary to some of the suggestions on here. They should, however, as the questions in poll asks, continue to use the SMFA to block the many dodgy transfers that many of the wider community and the devious amongst us try (yes we do have cheaters or rule-benders and stretchers who are forumers too :eek:) and I would be firmly against a switching off of the SMFA as cheating will then increase exponentially and there's no way SM would be able to cope with the increased number of reports.

Firstly to those who point out deals between the same IP address, I thought you couldn't enter a game-world if you had linked accounts (same IP)???

The suggestion that cheating is rife in SM due to the existence of the SMFA is preposterous. While most would readily accept that the ability to report cheating has been compromised somewhat by recent changes and some may be getting away with it' date=' cheating would be 100-fold more if the SMFA wasn't there. The problem in this instance is the reporting system not the SMFA. Removing the SMFA will mean 100 times more reports of cheating in an already stretched reporting system and the problem will just intensify.[/quote']

I don't think people are saying the SMFA's existence is a cause of cheating, more that cheating still goes on despite a very highly strung system which is infringing on many fair deals. Doing away with the system entirely might cause more problems but if it's blocking fair deals then it certainly needs toning down or refining to deviate between cheating and fair deals.

only really excellent point (in my opinion) I've seen on here' date=' is Simon's point on chairman values (which others have then re-iterated). [b']If a CV bid is not going to be enough to satisfy the SMFA then it should be raised to a level that would be acceptable.[/b] Such a proposal would, however, maen that all CVs will have to be increased (especially at the top end) and this would then result in the prices being paid for external transfers also increasing. Most I guess would be against this, but I don't necessarily see it as a negative.

I'd argue the opposite of the bold bit and suggest, not that CVs are increased, but that the system is toned down to allow CV deals should there not seem to be other suspicious circumstances. After all, if a CV deal is cheating then why does it become fair with a higher CV? I've seen cases where a manager has transfer listed a player for cash and received bids from managed sides which have been blocked. He's then been able to accept a lower bid from an external club. It just doesn't make sense.

The fact is that the SMFA I guess stops 1000s of cheating transfers every week' date=' be it multiple accounts, 'mates rates' etc etc. The place it perhaps falls down is mainly on multi-transfers where several players are switching from one team to the other and vice versa. Be these single transfers or three separate transactions. SM should be happy to entertain helpful suggestions to tackle this issue and I'm sure they are contrary to some of the suggestions on here. They should, however, as the questions in poll asks, continue to use the SMFA to block the many dodgy transfers that many of the wider community and the devious amongst us try (yes we do have cheaters or rule-benders and stretchers who are forumers too :eek:) and I would be firmly against a switching off of the SMFA as cheating will then increase exponentially and there's no way SM would be able to cope with the increased number of reports.[/quote']

It's also stopping several thousands more legitimate deals. SM should be happy to entertain suggestions of how to incorporate multi-deals but they have recently removed the guidelines on these from the Code of Conduct and now deem them completely at the managers risk. It just looks like they're sweeping problems under the carpet. Otherwise, why not add a feature where you can conduct a multi-deal in one transfer with adding all the players into one big bid? It should be possible surely?

Archived