Constant Blocking of transfers by SMFA

Toonfanforlife

Constant Blocking of transfers by SMFA  

1. 1.

Re: Constant Blocking of transfers by SMFA

Didn't really want to get into this as we all know what the result of the poll is going to be obvious :) . But should probably justify my yes.

The suggestion that cheating is rife in SM due to the existence of the SMFA is preposterous. While most would readily accept that the ability to report cheating has been compromised somewhat by recent changes and some may be getting away with it' date=' cheating would be 100-fold more if the SMFA wasn't there. The problem in this instance is the reporting system not the SMFA. Removing the SMFA will mean 100 times more reports of cheating in an already stretched reporting system and the problem will just intensify.

[b']The only really excellent point (in my opinion) I've seen on here, is Simon's point on chairman values (which others have then re-iterated). If a CV bid is not going to be enough to satisfy the SMFA then it should be raised to a level that would be acceptable. Such a proposal would, however, maen that all CVs will have to be increased (especially at the top end) and this would then result in the prices being paid for external transfers also increasing. Most I guess would be against this, but I don't necessarily see it as a negative.[/b]

The fact is that the SMFA I guess stops 1000s of cheating transfers every week, be it multiple accounts, 'mates rates' etc etc. The place it perhaps falls down is mainly on multi-transfers where several players are switching from one team to the other and vice versa. Be these single transfers or three separate transactions. SM should be happy to entertain helpful suggestions to tackle this issue and I'm sure they are contrary to some of the suggestions on here. They should, however, as the questions in poll asks, continue to use the SMFA to block the many dodgy transfers that many of the wider community and the devious amongst us try (yes we do have cheaters or rule-benders and stretchers who are forumers too :eek:) and I would be firmly against a switching off of the SMFA as cheating will then increase exponentially and there's no way SM would be able to cope with the increased number of reports.

Much rather have that than the current system,if you do a two part deal now you have to do cash first,I didn't know this and it cost me getting Adler in a setup your involved in,I'd just like to be able to know what I have to bid or I'd rather pay an extra £15 Million for him but I actually end up signing him,I don't have a problem with them trying to stop cheating but surely that's why reporting a transfer is designed for?

agreed however one thing:

amounts bid should NOT be blocked. as you said it is a useless feature and the community are so much better at the job.

actually investigating it is the way forward. along with firmer punishments, not just reversal of transfers....especially multiple times.

one thing that must stay is the prevention of even doing deals if you have the same IP adress. this feature is present currently and should stay, as people using the same computer obviously are more likely to be cheating. or should i say 1 person, 2 accounts.

agree with this,but smfa system is ridicoulous i have taken milan in wc 9041 and couldnt make any deal with no one,had around 150 million,chiellini was for 50 ,cassillas for 50 and robinho for 50 in 3 different clubs,and all blocked i resigned ,i had no nerves:mad:,and smfa staff i think they dont have to many people,maybe 3 or 4 programers,3 or 4 for support or less,and one kid that plays with ratings:D,and supports Barcelona

I dont understand the current CPS system in regards to sharing the same IP. Until very recently, i thought if you share an IP you cant do deals with someone else, such as a friend or a brother.

However i joined a league with my mates, and we always share the same IP and i sold him a player :o

Then my other mate tried to loan someone off me but the SMFA stepped in?

Its weird how they dont apply the same Cheat prevention template to everything......

Firstly to those who point out deals between the same IP address' date=' I thought you couldn't enter a game-world if you had linked accounts (same IP)???

that is true. but if you made seperate accounts, cleared the cookies etc and tried to join you could do it :) transfers would be blocked but loans wouldn't. now i think loans are blocked too after seeing some complaints on the forum about it.

make sense ?

I'm sorry, but with the cheating already going one I want deals to be blocked, yeah it's annoying when you can't go ahead with a deal, but it's infuriating when cheaters get away, I've noticed that a lot of cheaters scarper once they can't do deals between their suspiciously similar accounts.

I'm sorry' date=' but with the cheating already going one I want deals to be blocked, yeah it's annoying when you can't go ahead with a deal, but it's infuriating when cheaters get away, I've noticed that a lot of cheaters scarper once they can't do deals between their suspiciously similar accounts.[/quote']

I've tried 5 deals with four different managers in one setup,I've done one deal in total with all of those managers and we've all been in the setup for about a year,there's actually no point to me agreeing to a deal as it seems like I can't do a deal anymore.

I have no problem with stopping cheaters but surely this system isn't the way forward?.

Guest drseanfitz

A big part of the problem occurs when you get a densely populated setup, like EC106, that is also very active in the internal transfer market.

you get numerous transfers between the same managers as a result, and the SMFA suddenly decides to start blocking them.

The amount of perfectly valid deals in this gameworld (106)of late is amazing. I had 2 myself blocked today, on top of 2 others in recent weeks. the surprising thing is that one of todays blocked deals was for me selling a player to another manager for cash, about 5 mil above CV. and this manager I have never dealt with in ANY set up in he past. how can this one suddenly flag up as illegal???

I know certain amounts of discretion is required regardin gwhat actually triggers of the SMFA intervention, but some basic idea of why so many are being blocked at the moment wouldn't go amiss.

I remember about half a year ago when they briefly experimented with the option to submit tickets for a blocked deals. I had the second part of a deal blocked, when I submitted a ticket I was told that if I pay another 1 or 2 million on the deal it will go through, but the bid was above CV anyway so, as people have stated already, what is the point of CV if the deals are gonna be rejected by smfa for not being high enough value anyway?

Archived